Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energize duration? None. Cooldown? Is 15 seconds. Thanks DE. I got it.

Does anybody have eyes on what the hell the duration/cooldown is? PC update patch notes were copy and pasted from Rebecca's workshop. I'll wait...

tenor.gif

Edit: Edit 2:  21 arcanes is a 60% chance for 150 energy and a 15 sec cooldown no duration. Thoughts? 

Edit 3: my thoughts are DE popped a massive squat on the energize grind. Furthermore giving a cooldown to energize is ultimately meaningless, 2 pads give 200 energy instantly on demand with no cooldown. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82

4 minutes ago, akrid45 said:

Why would the manually type exact same patch notes twice? 

Wut? there's nothing in the patch notes that state what the cooldown duration is hence why I asked, is it hard to type one sentence? Apparently it is. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82

3 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

So can anyone actually answer the OP's question? 

no, because not even DE will in patch note changes. 

it's not like we can test it because there's always a 40% chance at max rank or whatever it is to not activate even when cooldown expired.

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 2

Just now, Ham_Grenabe said:

I found an estimate (based I guess on testing) suggesting it's like a 14-15 second cooldown. But without official word, that's just based on the short time it's been available to test.

But does it take into consideration of it having a 40% or more chance of not even engaging? 

Just now, HatedByLifeItself said:

15 #*!%ing seconds at rank 3 , idk about rank 5 

cooldown is likely the same for all ranks. 15 seconds does sound like something DE would do though. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 2

That's so stupid, people have invested THOUSANDS of plat and HOURS of playtime to get their energize up to what it is now, but who cares I guess? Who cares that the ONE ARCANE we cared about just got nerfed into the ground, who cares that the devs are pushing people away with every update they add, WHO CARES?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I found an estimate (based I guess on testing) suggesting it's like a 14-15 second cooldown. But without official word, that's just based on the short time it's been available to test.

We have no idea what the cooldown is gonna be or what "duration" means.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Does anybody have eyes on what the hell the duration/cooldown is? PC update patch notes were copy and pasted from Rebecca's workshop. I'll wait...

tenor.gif

No. We have no idea or way to know what "duration and cooldown" mean in this context. The only thing we do know is that it will still work with toggle abilities like exalted blade. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

So the new max rank is R5 (or 21 of the same arcane) and it's a 60% chance. Lol

it's still going to be worth it to those of us who were double stacking to save on energy pizza in "low" level missions. But if energize is going to cost a lot from little duck (as it's the hardest to obtain droprate wise) I can't recommend it to other players.  

Edited by Fire2box

Well, we could try to get DE to change things by trying to out-stubborn them: don't farm more arcanes, don't upgrade existing ones to R5, don't do Scarlet Spear (just play other things in the game, but pointedly avoid their new event; or do it but pointedly refuse to buy arcanes). See who breaks first. 

(Note: this will not happen, but it's an interesting thought)

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

2 minutes ago, (XB1)uknowthisguy said:

That's so stupid, people have invested THOUSANDS of plat and HOURS of playtime to get their energize up to what it is now, but who cares I guess?

I don't like the cooldown change but I understand DE doesn't like full energy all the time. I got a entire year to enjoy double stacking full energize and I think it was well worth the plat I trade for. It was just plain fun. 

Just now, Skaleek said:

Yeah i was about to say... 🤐

Oh, yeah, total thought-experiment/pipe-dream. In truth, it always goes like this: we get mad, then we get over it.

On the other hand, with some of the genuinely questionable changes in the update, they may find their stats demonstrate a sort of passive "boycotting" of certain things because they're just a pain in the behind (like all the weapons that now have stagger effects, or weapons that got hit hard by the status changes -- use numbers may drop noticeably).