Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)YoungGunn82

Energize duration? None. Cooldown? Is 15 seconds. Thanks DE. I got it.

6 hours ago, 844448 said:

Did you know energy restore gear exists?

What, perma-zenurik? Sure, if you like spamming it.

What else? Energy siphon?

Hysterical laughter

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

...Yes because it is physically impossible to go 15 seconds without using energy.

Nope, there is literally no other way to engage enemies in that timeframe, not a single one.

I guess I've been playing the game wrong this whole time, I thought I was supposed to use a combination of my Primary/Secondary/Melee and Warframe abilities to fight, but apparently I've been doing it wrong for the past 3 years by not just pressing my ability buttons mindlessly.

It's more the issue of how marginal of a benefit Energize is vs the chance to actually get the Energy and how time consuming it is to obtain the maxed rank.

When you factor in all of our other options, and the fact Energize has such a long cooldown without even a guaranteed 150 Energy gain, people see it as not worth the effort.

38 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

It's more the issue of how marginal of a benefit Energize is vs the chance to actually get the Energy and how time consuming it is to obtain the maxed rank.

When you factor in all of our other options, and the fact Energize has such a long cooldown without even a guaranteed 150 Energy gain, people see it as not worth the effort.

Yup. Pretty much this. To piggy back, those that had maxed arcanes suddenly don't anymore because why? Because everyone double stacked? Major BullS#&$.  This is an unnecessary and unthoughtful change. 

51 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Yes because it is physically impossible to go 15 seconds without using energy.

I mean you can go without using energy sure, but you'll probably die a lot once you make it past Mercury. /s

I mean that would be hard though trying to complete the star chart without using energy, is that what you did boomer? You da man!? /s

8 hours ago, (XB1)uknowthisguy said:

That's so stupid, people have invested THOUSANDS of plat and HOURS of playtime to get their energize up to what it is now, but who cares I guess?

Look, time and/or monetary investments are rarely ever honored. There was no compensation for Plains of Eidolon changes, there's no compensation for Riven changes, there's no compensation for Railjack changes (I am not referring to the recent change to the initial investment), there's no compensation for Lich changes, and there certainly won't be one for Energize.

If I am doing fine with my ~35,000+ Platinum loss in Melee Riven Mods alone, I'm sure Energize changes will be alright. You bought into the best Arcane in the line-up. Understanding that DE does address this stuff (very late unfortunately) and making that decision to buy it is on you. DE doesn't care how much you spent on Energize, and if they did, I would be infuriated as they have not really cared in the past.

Also be fortunate. I got my Energizes doing The Jordas Verdict (they cost around 600 each then as well), and that was leagues more grind than Eidolons.

5 минут назад, Voltage сказал:

Look, time and/or monetary investments are rarely ever honored. There was no compensation for Plains of Eidolon changes, there's no compensation for Riven changes, there's no compensation for Railjack changes (I am not referring to the recent change to the initial investment), there's no compensation for Lich changes, and there certainly won't be one for Energize.

If I am doing fine with my ~35,000+ Platinum loss in Melee Riven Mods alone, I'm sure Energize changes will be alright. You bought into the best Arcane in the line-up. Understanding that DE does address this stuff (very late unfortunately) and making that decision to buy it is on you. DE doesn't care how much you spent on Energize, and if they did, I would be infuriated as they have not really cared in the past.

Also be fortunate. I got my Energizes doing The Jordas Verdict (they cost around 600 each then as well), and that was leagues more grind than Eidolons.

Energize has no business being that rare anymore. Not with those stats. Not THAT kind of droprate.

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Look, time and/or monetary investments are rarely ever honored

For me it's not that. It's thier reasoning for the change. 

22 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Those that had maxed arcanes suddenly don't anymore because why? Because everyone double stacked? Major BullS#&$.  This is an unnecessary and unthoughtful change. 

In the end I can overcome, still doesn't change the fact that implementation was poor and nonsensical. 

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Look, time and/or monetary investments are rarely ever honored. There was no compensation for Plains of Eidolon changes, there's no compensation for Riven changes, there's no compensation for Railjack changes (I am not referring to the recent change to the initial investment), and there certainly won't be one for Energize.

If I am doing fine with my ~35,000+ Platinum loss in Melee Riven Mods, I'm sure Energize changes will be alright. You bought into the best Arcane in the line-up. Understanding that DE does address this stuff (very late unfortunately) and making that decision to buy it is on you. DE doesn't care how much you spent on Energize, and if they did, I would be infuriated as they have not really cared in the past.

since u dont care, u wanna buy me a rank 3 arcane energize?

4 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Energize has no business being that rare anymore. Not with those stats. Not THAT kind of droprate.

Energize isn't that rare though. You can farm a reliable 5 chances every 2.5 hours as opposed to once a day. You can buy it for well under 1000 for a set. It cost me 3000 for Avenger back when it was an "uncommon" Arcane on LoR. If you think Energize is too rare, you should go farm some Railjack Avionics or Wreckage lol.

This player base never says anything when things are easier and time investments are disrespected. Only when things might take slightly longer do players cause a stink.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

For me it's not that. It's thier reasoning for the change. 

A majority of players only use powerful items. Unless you mess with that power, players won't budge. There was no way to  promote melee diversity without killing Maiming Strike, and the same applies to Arcanes. There's so many ways to get energy and DE had to nerf Energize somehow to make other ones even remotely appealing. The cool down is lazy, I'll give you that, but it was quite justified.

7 minutes ago, strictlyd0pe said:

since u dont care, u wanna buy me a rank 3 arcane energize?

I do care, look at my post history some time. I advocate for player investments all the time. I've just finally realized it's a waste of energy because DE caters to a crowd that barely plays their own game and wants things to always remain trivial and easy. It's taboo in this player base to have to actually grind for anything.

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I do care, look at my post history some time. I advocate for player investments all the time. I've just finally realized it's a waste of energy because DE caters to a crowd that barely plays their own game and wants things to always remain trivial and easy. It's taboo in this player base to have to actually grind for anything.

I didn't really mean you should buy me one, as a new player its just a bummer when you just finnished Arcane Energize level 3 and then thay raise the level to 5

12 minutes ago, Voltage said:

DE had to nerf Energize somehow

Oh they nerfed it for sure, then right behind that they gave us instant x100 energy pads. In the end they made energize obsolete. And at same time dumped on eidolons and everybody's grind, but Hema grind won't get nerfed, that is off limits because many did it? Eidolons were the trials replacement now they're replacing eidolons with Scarlett spear. The way they develop and implement is completely mind-boggling and truly a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. 

I would rather Arcane Energize at r5 still maintained its 40% chance to proc enhanced energy gain on energy orb pickup with a 5-8s cooldown. 15s is too much when you consider some scenarios where energy orbs don’t naturally spawn without a Frame exploiting energy orb spawn rates and the likely instance of Eximus units spawning in higher level/endless content.

Cooldowns was never a means to balance a game. I’ll say it again, cooldowns have always been a tacked on condition to frustrate the playerbase even further.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Yeah and it seems like most people dont even register what the issue is:

Current rank 5 energize is WORSE than the old rank 3 energize.

But you need 11 more rank 0 energize to even get to that point. 

36 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

they nerfed it for sure, then right behind that they gave us instant x100 energy pads.

Addressing the gear wheel loophole will be the next step. It's a matter of time before they limit item use to 5-10 per player, or add a noticeable cooldown between uses.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Current rank 5 energize is WORSE than the old rank 3 energize.

But you need 11 more rank 0 energize to even get to that point. 

Absolutely right. And a cooldown. It's nonsensical. 

5 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Addressing the gear wheel loophole will be the next step. It's a matter of time before they limit item use to 5-10 per player, or add a noticeable cooldown between uses.

Lol, you're probably right. DE loves to contradict thier own implementation with poorly thought-out implementation. 

DE: we are putting cool downs on pads and you can only use 10 per mission. 

Also DE: here's a blueprint for x100 energises. 

tenor.gif

That's some next level legendary trolling right there. LmFAO! 

37 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

"Loophole" implies it isnt designed this way on purpose. Gotta sell those resource boosters.

How fast are you guys burning through energy where 150 energy every 15-ish seconds is not enough?

9 hours ago, 844448 said:

Did you know energy restore gear exists?

You can use that as an argument if you start buying me equipment.  Otherwise shut up.  Alot of people spent money to get the plat for those arcanes or rivens.

2 hours ago, JustL1me said:

How fast are you guys burning through energy where 150 energy every 15-ish seconds is not enough?

That's not the point.

Old rank 3 energize =40% chance to proc. Every orb no cooldown. 

New energize 60% chance to proc but 15 second cooldown. In most cases it will probably mean less procs. Especially if you're doing anything to increase orb spawns, like ember or nekros. 

If my rank 3 energize set got straight up nerfed/changed that would be one thing but keep in mind you need 11 additional arcane energizes to even get to that point. Or 21 total if you start from nothing. 

Sure, theres gonna be a "buy what arcane you want with standing" system but it's reasonable to assume that will be more or less in line with the grind required for other vendor/event arcanes. 

If it just has to be nerfed by god, so be it. But the way they did this pisses me off. I would MUCH rather it just be straight up nerfed and rank 5 not even be a thing.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

That's not the point.

Old rank 3 energize =40% chance to proc. Every orb no cooldown. 

New energize 60% chance to proc but 15 second cooldown. In most cases it will probably mean less procs. Especially if you're doing anything to increase orb spawns, like ember or nekros. 

If my rank 3 energize set got straight up nerfed/changed that would be one thing but keep in mind you need 11 additional arcane energizes to even get to that point. Or 21 total if you start from nothing. 

Sure, theres gonna be a "buy what arcane you want with standing" system but it's reasonable to assume that will be more or less in line with the grind required for other vendor/event arcanes. 

If it just has to be nerfed by god, so be it. But the way they did this pisses me off. I would MUCH rather it just be straight up nerfed and rank 5 not even be a thing.

This is also a very good point.

Apparently DE made the assumption that we'd all just love to farm 11 more Arcanes after we had our current sets nerfed, which in itself is a fairly short-sighted way of thinking. I'm assuming this was somewhat of a way to "force" people to run Scarlet Spear (to give the mode more value), but that's probably just tinfoil hatting.

People don't like to have their time invalidated, but as @Voltage said, DE doesn't particularly care about the amount of time it takes for old players versus new players to receive items. I can understand that at this point considering just how much there actually is to farm, and because of that I find myself waiting on a lot of content. I still don't have a single full Warframe Arcane set after four years of playing.

It's just the complete lack of acknowledgement that's more irritating. Arcanes were a massive pain to farm in the beginning, and were suddenly made far easier to get with Eidolons. Now their grind has been artificially increased for a very flimsy reason (really should have just buffed single Arcanes to 1.5 at Rank 3) and to add insult to injury some Arcanes were made worse than even their single version counterparts (Aegis, Guardian, Energize, etc.).

It really feels like certain Arcanes were rushed to make time for other new additions, and that's just insulting considering the way they're obtained. Now it's even easier, again, which is a good thing. The bad part is the fact it's tainted by everything else.

This entire situation just feels like a giant slap in the face no matter which way you slice it, and while I'm not exactly a big Arcane user myself, I can very easily see how most users aren't exactly thrilled. Half of the Arcanes you'd grind for aren't even worth the effort.

What they did just made me not want to invest more time in the game. If energize just became super easy to acquire, I wouldn't care. I spent a lot of plat to finish acquiring a full set. My problem is that this is one big mess revolving around wanting to bring players back into the game because they probably got spooked by the railjack reception and losing content creators. I can't have two copies of an arcane equipped at the same time? Ok, just now don't require more grind of me after nerfing something I put time or plat into acquiring and pretend it was all part of the plan from the beginning and it makes me not trust you at all. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

This is also a very good point.

Apparently DE made the assumption that we'd all just love to farm 11 more Arcanes after we had our current sets nerfed, which in itself is a fairly short-sighted way of thinking. I'm assuming this was somewhat of a way to "force" people to run Scarlet Spear (to give the mode more value), but that's probably just tinfoil hatting.

People don't like to have their time invalidated, but as @Voltage said, DE doesn't particularly care about the amount of time it takes for old players versus new players to receive items. I can understand that at this point considering just how much there actually is to farm, and because of that I find myself waiting on a lot of content. I still don't have a single full Warframe Arcane set after four years of playing.

It's just the complete lack of acknowledgement that's more irritating. Arcanes were a massive pain to farm in the beginning, and were suddenly made far easier to get with Eidolons. Now their grind has been artificially increased for a very flimsy reason (really should have just buffed single Arcanes to 1.5 at Rank 3) and to add insult to injury some Arcanes were made worse than even their single version counterparts (Aegis, Guardian, Energize, etc.).

It really feels like certain Arcanes were rushed to make time for other new additions, and that's just insulting considering the way they're obtained. Now it's even easier, again, which is a good thing. The bad part is the fact it's tainted by everything else.

This entire situation just feels like a giant slap in the face no matter which way you slice it, and while I'm not exactly a big Arcane user myself, I can very easily see how most users aren't exactly thrilled. Half of the Arcanes you'd grind for aren't even worth the effort.

Yeah and to add to the big pile of BS, the stated reason for changing arcanes around was to encourage build diversity and I HIGHLY doubt the actual changes will fulfill the stated intention because all the bad arcanes are still bad. 

I barely noticed any change on energize except i dont hear the obnoxious "boom" sound every 3 seconds by picking up energy globe. Double stacking energize was simply stupid and OP, was about time they did something to balance stuff around. All the frames/features that can provide energy were pretty much dead/not needed. I spent like 6-7k plat on two energize sets years ago and i couldnt care less about "lost" plat. Also you can farm tons of arcanes in upcoming event which is gonna stick around for long time (Reb said that yesterday on prime time) so you can happily farm arcanes for upgrades from rank 3 to 5 and save/make lots of plat. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)AllOrNothinDays:

What they did just made me not want to invest more time in the game. If energize just became super easy to acquire, I wouldn't care. I spent a lot of plat to finish acquiring a full set. My problem is that this is one big mess revolving around wanting to bring players back into the game because they probably got spooked by the railjack reception and losing content creators. I can't have two copies of an arcane equipped at the same time? Ok, just now don't require more grind of me after nerfing something I put time or plat into acquiring and pretend it was all part of the plan from the beginning and it makes me not trust you at all. 

i bought full sets too. i never enjoyed this eidolons grind. and i see no point to play it now. i will better use other "weak" warframes only with primory weapons.

there should be event soon where you can buy every arcane. so i am not gonna waste plat or time.