Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New 100X Large Health Restore Research topples the Hema Research now

Duality52

49BB871C05CC7882E5180D6E3147A94D435C548C (1024×576)

Overall the update is amazing, but this research cost (Moon Clan in particular here) is just overkill. I understand it's not the Hema, something that gives Mastery, but still at this rate you can stick with the standard 10X Large Health Restores from New Loka/Steel Meridian unless your clan is prepared.

• Like 1

So 550 samples (at base) is somehow worse than the Hema with its 5K at base?
Please tell me how something that costs 1/10th the hema suddenly "topples" its research?

This isn't that bad at all.
If you even have 100 people in your clan that can donate (only 1/10th of your clan) that's 550 a pop and your'e done.  That doesn't take all that long to get.

You're blowing this way out of proportion.  With your title I expected it to cost over 5 million samples for a moon clan...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

You're blowing this way out of proportion.  With your title I expected it to cost over 5 million samples for a moon clan...

To be honest, I wasn't aware of the cost for Ghost Clan for the Research. Still, this seems excessive for players who don't grind Mutagen Samples that often.

4 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

So 550 samples (at base) is somehow worse than the Hema with its 5K at base?
Please tell me how something that costs 1/10th the hema suddenly "topples" its research?

This isn't that bad at all.
If you even have 100 people in your clan that can donate (only 1/10th of your clan) that's 550 a pop and your'e done.  That doesn't take all that long to get.

Man I wish I had people in my clan that active.

Didn't know the ghost clan cost?  You knock out two zeroes.  Does anyone know how clan tier multipliers work for research?  Moon clans being 100 times more people than ghost clans means the research is multiplied by 100.  Moon clans have always been garbage for research because of the fact that they are usually carrying dead weight around with them in inactive players.  

13 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

To be honest, I wasn't aware of the cost for Ghost Clan for the Research. Still, this seems excessive for players who don't grind Mutagen Samples that often.

I haven't really ground for Mutagen samples since my clan finished hema but I could basically fully fund it myself just left it for my clans to help out some with the cost. 

7 hours ago, Oreades said:

Wow it's like DE learned nothing from the Hema....

Or it's like a percentage of pretty casual players throw a fit when something new isn't some instantly completed task. God forbid we need to grind out a luxury item and it isn't trivial like most of the game.

Seriously, you can use the Syndicate restores like people have for half a decade while working on these new ones. I hope they don't lower the cost.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Or it's like players throw a fit when dojo research isn't some instantly completed task. God forbid we need to grind out a highly luxury item. Seriously, you can use the Syndicate restores like people have for half a decade while working on these new ones. I hope they don't lower the cost.

Spoken as if the sweaty players/clans of Warframe aren't hitting fund all and then proclaiming that everything is right and just, ostensibly because they where able to instantly complete the task. 

I'm sure the eventual argument will be made blaming clans that can't for not properly policing their members to ensure peak activity is maintained at all times. How dare they not~ those filthy plebeians~

That said I'm glad you responded cause I'd started to get into playing the game and probably would have forgotten this (memory of a goldfish) but I think I'll issue more trite feedback on what IMHO should have been a low cost stopgap measure for a more pervasive issue that's being kicked down the road instead of truly addressed. 

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Spoken as if the sweaty players/clans of Warframe aren't hitting fund all and then proclaiming that everything is right and just, ostensibly because they where able to instantly complete the task. 

I'm sure the eventual argument will be made blaming clans that can't for not properly policing their members to ensure peak activity is maintained at all times. How dare they not~ those filthy plebeians~

That said I'm glad you responded cause I'd started to get into playing the game and probably would have forgotten this (memory of a goldfish) but I think I'll issue more trite feedback on what IMHO should have been a low cost stopgap measure for a more pervasive issue that's being kicked down the road instead of truly addressed. 

Dude, it's cheap for what it is: a luxury item to save a bit of time for people who use a lot of them.  No mastery is tied to it, no unique weapon, just luxury (No, it's not convenience, it's luxury) and some Clan Affinity (Which is already borked due to the Ignis Wraith and Solar Rail researches).

16 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Dude, it's cheap for what it is: a luxury item to save a bit of time for people who use a lot of them.  No mastery is tied to it, no unique weapon, just luxury (No, it's not convenience, it's luxury) and some Clan Affinity (Which is already borked due to the Ignis Wraith and Solar Rail researches).

This isn't luxury this is QoL, the literal whole point of this update was, say it with me, "Quality of Life" 

The literal only reason these have a cost at all is because the blueprints that came before them had a cost and DE is for whatever misguided reason attempting to keep those relevant while not addressing the core issue that is plaguing the foundry. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Meh day 1 my ghost clan will knock that out. Thatnks Thanks for sharing. 

Spoiler

Image result for we have a badass over here

on topic, you guys all need to remember, steve already told us its raining mutagen in the derelict.

Edited by FoxyKabam

16 minutes ago, Oreades said:

This isn't luxury this is QoL, the literal whole point of this update was, say it with me, "Quality of Life" 

The literal only reason these have a cost at all is because the blueprints that came before them had a cost and DE is for whatever misguided reason attempting to keep those relevant while not addressing the core issue that is plaguing the foundry. 

I mean you don't need the restores either way so the person isn't wrong in that it's a luxury item considering it's not a must have item, it's a choice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

I mean you don't need the restores either way so the person isn't wrong in that it's a luxury item considering it's not a must have item, it's a choice.

If I was to subscribe to that rabbit hole, essentially everything in the game is a luxury (weapons/mods/warframes/MR(past like lvl 5)/etc) you can essentially do anything in this game with something else and thus don't "need" insert McGuffin. It's a counterproductive stance that is frequently fueled (IMHO) by elitism that can be applied to practically any situation to hand wave it away.

• Like 1