Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye Corrosive, Hello Viral!


Zekkii
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I'm pretty confident in saying that the meta right now is viral builds, generally Viral Heat or Viral Slash if your weapon supports it.  Turns out increasing your damage output by up to 325% is prettttty good.  Corrosive is still a solid choice, but it's less versatile and likely worse than slash builds regardless.  Thoughts?

Edited by Zekkii
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Viral proc despite it still having reduced damage because of armor would be much more viable in the end. Tested 8 heavies vs a corr + rad + heat kuva nukor and then swapped corr for viral and it worked a lot better

I mean think about it, that 550% possibility is effective against ANYTHING that can get a proc. 

And to put it into even better perspective I outdamaged a Saryn earlier with just a Viral Amprex

Edited by rawr1254
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How exactly does Viral work now?

A) Each time the bullet procs, the entire bullet does (100 + x-1)% bonus damage

B) Each time the bullet procs, the viral damage portion of the bullet does (100 + x-1)% bonus damage

C) When the bullet procs, the target suffers (100 + x-1)% bonus damage from all sources for some unspecified period of time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

 

C) When the bullet procs, the target suffers (100 + x-1)% bonus damage from all sources for some unspecified period of time

Tested with Frost, Dealt 57 damage to a heavy before 244 damage after full stacks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

How exactly does Viral work now?

A) Each time the bullet procs, the entire bullet does (100 + x-1)% bonus damage

B) Each time the bullet procs, the viral damage portion of the bullet does (100 + x-1)% bonus damage

C) When the bullet procs, the target suffers (100 + x-1)% bonus damage from all sources for some unspecified period of time

It works as a straight up damage multiplier to the target.  To clarify:

  • Viral status effects stack up to 10 times, starting from 100% at 1 and adding 25% each additional effect up to 325%
  • Each Viral status effect lasts a duration of 6 seconds
  • Each have individual timers and dissipate separately from one another
  • All damage sources when impacting the target have their damage multiplier by the target value (E.G. 4.325x for 10 stacks) including slash and other statuses
Edited by Zekkii
Link to comment
Share on other sites

confusion over heat vs corrosive, 

Corrosive: 26% on the 1st hit, 6% after that armor stripping,

Heat: Every 0.5 seconds after the initial proc, the enemy will have 15%, 30%, 40%, 50% of its armor stripped and a 4 second CC

is heat better then corrosive now for stripping armor?

 

Edited by Vas_Eldryn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Vas_Eldryn said:

confusion over heat vs corrosive, 

Corrosive: 26% on the 1st hit, 6% after that armor stripping,

Heat: Up to 50% per hit armor stripping and a 4 second CC

is heat better then corrosive now for stripping armor?

 

heat's strip does not stack, so it max out at 50%,while corrosive can stack up to 80% heat is quicker and pairs well with viral now though

Edited by redindy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Vas_Eldryn said:

confusion over heat vs corrosive, 

Corrosive: 26% on the 1st hit, 6% after that armor stripping,

Heat: Up to 50% per hit armor stripping and a 4 second CC

is heat better then corrosive now for stripping armor?

 

Heat takes 2 seconds to ramp up to 50%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zekkii said:

So I'm pretty confident in saying that the meta right now is viral builds, generally Viral Heat or Viral Slash if your weapon supports it.  Turns out increasing your damage output by up to 325% is prettttty good.  Corrosive is still a solid choice, but it's less versatile and likely worse than slash builds regardless.  Thoughts?

enemies tested?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

When hitting a clean enemy with an attack that triggers a viral proc, does the viral effect increase the damage of that attack, or only the attacks that follow it?

The following attack; procs don't increase the damage of the same shot.

2 minutes ago, MPonder said:

enemies tested?

Infested Chargers and Corrupted Heavy Gunners in simulacrum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zekkii said:

So I'm pretty confident in saying that the meta right now is viral builds, generally Viral Heat or Viral Slash if your weapon supports it.  Turns out increasing your damage output by up to 325% is prettttty good.  Corrosive is still a solid choice, but it's less versatile and likely worse than slash builds regardless.  Thoughts?

They level out in parity real fast, as you climb in opponent level; an S curve is still a curve.

The only actual question do you want to kill infested peepee units or tanky units faster, because on the star chart everything dies instantly either way, and with bosses and liches soon to be status vulnerable, it doesn't really matter.

The theory of heat + doubled health hit sounds great on paper, but you're not going to hit that wall with any kind of relevance until level 150 or so, and for melee, slash and toxin + red crits basically works on everything included shield gated enemies.

After level 150 corrosive start to matter, especially when slash is part of the equation and 75% bonus damage is still bonus damage.

Do tigris headshots on armored and unarmored level 170s or proxima veil VIPs, pretty telling, and no the winner isn't viral, even with heat unless you've got +70% status chance or guaranteed procs.

 

Edited by -Kittens-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Zekkii said:

The following attack; procs don't increase the damage of the same shot.

Damn. Then the change really doesn't hold much weight. Adding 100% damage to the next shot is nowhere near comparable to dealing 3x damage on the current shot. I hope that gets changed, so we can get more room for single-shot status cannons like the Daikyu or Mutalist Cernos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, rawr1254 said:

And to put it into even better perspective I outdamaged a Saryn earlier with just a Viral Amprex

Stop with the Saryn damage comparisons; it's not difficult to outdamage a DoT by killing the weakened enemy first (assuming the Saryn even knows how to spread her Spores in the first place). And you didn't even mention the context of the mission or enemy level where you claim this damage happened so it's even less relevant as Saryn is very niche despite players constantly complaining about her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...