Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mainline, Impact damage! Why?

(PSN)Zero-0-P

Impact damage is my favorite damage type. I don't mean to rant I love Warframe I do but the knockdown on impact really. First I'm glad they got rid of the ragdoll. However most people don't use blast for the very change being added to impact. The knockdown though a ok crowd control is terrible when head hunting. Now if you are like me and a sparring weapon user then the ground finishers are going to be delightful! However as far as gunplay goes, not so much. They could have had impact give the enemy a "concussion" causing them to take more damage or slow the recovery from being staggered into a daze, make the daze duration 2-3 seconds the enemy wouldn't be able to fight back and during that time they would be open to standing finishers BOOM, anything but this knockdown! All in all I like how most if not all of the other changes look I am ONLY ranting about impact damage.

I'm pretty sure most people don't care about the change to impact as it's not popular, however I figured I would share my two cents anyway.

What say you Tenno.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero-0-P said:

I'm pretty sure most people don't care about the change to impact as it's not popular

ahahaha. They should. Majority of the snipers are impact based. hell, literally every weapon has impact.

Im just gonna quote myself from an another post:

25 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

I dont like the FORCED KNOCKDOWN on enemies. Blast was acceptable cuz It was your choice to go with knockdown.
But considering like literally EVERY WEAPON HAS IMPACT, IT'S UNACCEPTABLE. They MUST find a new gimmick to it.

• Like 3

Yea the enemy knockdown on impact needs to go. It ruins most precision weapons and automatic ones. (RIP Karak lovers)

Stagger was bad enough but now with the knockdown. Ugh disgusting.

Edited by Lythael
  • Like 1

I've been basically spamming this everywhere since last week, but... Impact should cause a "stun", not a knockdown or ragdoll or whatever.

Stun.PNG

Let Impact procs cause the enemy to stand still in a "dizzy" animation with their arms down for about 2 seconds. Easy headshots that way.
Bonus points if there's a damage incentive for melee (e.g. open to Stealth damage bonuses, and/or Finishers), so that Impact isn't useless on melee weapons.

il y a 21 minutes, 8faiNt a dit :

But considering like literally EVERY WEAPON HAS IMPACT, IT'S UNACCEPTABLE. 

That's not true. Out of all 404 weapons, 54 of them deal 0 impact damages, so only 86.63% of them has impact (which it not literally every of them).

Joke aside, even if impact doesn't particularily bother me, a simple fix would be a stun for a short duration instead of stagger, so it's never a drawback regardless of the situation and your aiming capabilities.

Edited by lukinu_u
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

That's not true. Out of all 404 weapons, 54 of them deal 0 impact damages, so only 86.63% of them has impact (which it not literally every of them).

Joke aside, even if impact doesn't particularily bother me, a simple fix would be a stun for a short duration instead of stagger, so it's never a drawback regardless of the situation and your aiming capabilities.

yeah, i mean, im just implying that majority of the weapons use impact

• Like 1

Glorious day if you have seen the patch notes Impact has been saved. It will now increase the stagger to a dizziness effect I believe. I can't wait to try it out. Warframes like Banshee that use impact and Blast are going to be interesting as Blast now reduces accuracy. I'm going to be geeking at the launch hahaha.