Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas is terrible now

Cpurdy777

Gas no longer lingers after the enemy it was afflicted on dies, it no longer deals toxin damage and thus no longer pierces shields, it has the absolutely terrible damage modifiers vs health that the gas damage type has now as the cloud now deals toxin rather than gas damage, it lasts a shorter duration, it no longer benefits as much from faction mods (one of the few reasons to still bother swapping bane mods), and is now just completely outclassed by slash/viral. It doesn't work well vs a group of enemies, which is its whole thing, as the clouds disappear as soon as an enemy dies, and it no longer works well vs corpus, which was its primary usage, and I suspect the reason that DE nerfed it to try and artificially make the corpus feel more powerful through clunky mechanics and poorly thought out nerfs. And, with the removal of corrosive projection removing grineer armor, and corrosive also being unable to remove armor past 80%, gas no longer has any use like it previously did with a premade party running corrosive projection. I went into a corpus arbitration with a 300% damage buff on my kuva nukor, with my gas build that I use to go past level 450 on the high index as the main DPS, and it was horrifically sluggish and weak, weaker than my other weapons that were modded to kill grineer rather than corpus, on a powerful meta weapon with a free 300% damage boost and a build made solely to fight corpus.

• Like 4

Yeah the list of problems with Gas in its current form is unfortunately long.

1. The current formula for gas proc damage is almost the square root of the old formula.
  2. The damage is now fully affected by armor mitigation.
  3. The damage is also cut in half by flesh.
  4. Toxic Ancients and Ancient Healers can reduce the damage for the faction that's supposedly weak to Gas.
  5. The damage does not persist on enemies in the cloud, so they can walk out of it.
  6. The damage aura is removed completely when the afflicted enemy dies.
Edited by Gailus

29 minutes ago, Cpurdy777 said:

I don't care to properly format stuff online, though it might help deliver the information better I guess.

Your first "sentence" wasn't just long, it had unnecessary words that made it too wordy.

1 hour ago, Cpurdy777 said:

Gas no longer lingers after the enemy it was afflicted on dies, it no longer deals toxin damage and thus no longer pierces shields, it has the absolutely terrible damage modifiers vs health that the gas damage type has now as the cloud now deals toxin rather than gas damage, it lasts a shorter duration, it no longer benefits as much from faction mods (one of the few reasons to still bother swapping bane mods), and is now just completely outclassed by slash/viral.

First reading this, I thought it would be a cohesive thought, but it was really like a list. Even then the part that's underlined I'm still trying to figure out.

In regards to that underlined part before the update, gas damage dealt gas damage while the proc effect dealt an instance of gas damage with a toxin dot (damage over time) effect. Now, the gas proc effect no longer applies toxin dot, instead it's gas dot.

Edited by NekroArts

1 hour ago, NekroArts said:

Your first "sentence" wasn't just long, it had unnecessary words that made it too wordy.

First reading this, I thought it would be a cohesive thought, but it was really like a list. Even then the part that's underlined I'm still trying to figure out.

In regards to that underlined part before the update, gas damage dealt gas damage while the proc effect dealt an instance of gas damage with a toxin dot (damage over time) effect. Now, the gas proc effect no longer applies toxin dot, instead it's gas dot.

Sorry swapped toxin and gas, cloud now does gas damage and before did toxin. Yes, it was a list of issues with gas.

To add ontop of all that, Gas also used to have the nice feature of counting as 2 procs for CO, since it was both Gas and Toxin. Great effect that neutered Gas' awful damage type. Now it doesn't.  So yeah, gas is pretty damn S#&$ I am sorry to say.

Guess who has about a dozen kitted out CO weapons using gas as base that are now garbage..