Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Cold Mods Have Dash Polarity

Pzykdruhgs

This is going to be controversial, but now that corrosive has been partially nerfed and new builds are open to be discovered... when we finally are able to strip armor and attack towards health viral is becoming very powerful - however, many people don't have weapons that are tuned to viral because we have all been putting dual dash polarity for corrosive and to fix it will cost a forma.

People will say, "so just build viral" - but then if we ever want to build corrosive again we have to completely reforma or have a new weapon and full forma. Why is it this way? Especially now that we have more configs, all we can do is stare at the config addition thinking how useless they are because you can't just add a config and then rearrange the mods - the capacity will still cap.

• Like 3

On 2020-03-07 at 3:15 AM, Lone_Dude said:

People of Canada are proud of their ❄️COLD❄️, not gonna let anyone mess with it, its a part of their national idea. Respect the D polarity, like you respect their flag and maple syrup.

Ok except I'm thread poster and Canadian, so.. you got dat 'No True Scotsman' fallacy going on.

Le 07/03/2020 à 03:15, Lone_Dude a dit :

People of Canada are proud of their ❄️COLD❄️, not gonna let anyone mess with it, its a part of their national idea. Respect the D polarity, like you respect their flag and maple syrup.

As a Canadian too, I gotta say that, while I'm proud of being able to rush in the cold early in the morning only wearing boxers to bring the garbage bins to the road on time for the garbage trucks to pick em up, I also want to give the D, so to speak, to the D polarity (as in "F it"). Only thing is, I have a lot of weapons built for viral + bleed (hunter) combo and so I did forma'd a lot of D slots in my weapons. If they are to change the cold mods' polarity to a dash to normalize (which would make sense), they should also give something in retroaction like some formas so we can re-change our Ds into dashes. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The D polarity has always been underutilized on weapons. For rifles, you just got the cold mods, Hammer Shot and Rifle Aptitude (Recently buffed). Rime Rounds is already a "V" and if you wanted to add more Viral, you could just add more toxin mods which has the "dash", though Primed Cryo Rounds is off the table.

They should really just add more "D" mods for guns that are worth running. No one really complains about "D" on Warframes or Melee.

• Like 1

We just need more cool Vazarin Polarity mods for weapons!

Since Vazarin school of tenno deals with protection and healing we should get some life/shield/armour stealing mods for weapons.

Or maybe a weapon mod where if you stay stationary for x second you get stagger/knockdown resistance until you move. Like an Iron Feet thing.

Edited by Redfeather75

Even the cold status mod is a Madurai like the rest of the 60/60s. It'd make Cryo Rounds useful.

3 hours ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

No one really complains about "D" on Warframes or Melee.

That would be because Warframe mods like Vitality, Steel Fiber, Redirection, and Health Conversion are D polarities, and very few frames want to go without those. While it feels like a lot of melees have a default D polarity when built, and in addition the most basic melee mod, Drifting Contact, is D polarity. With the recent status changes, Drifting Contact is now even more useful, and the only competition mod Drifting Contact has is Acolyte locked.