Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Hotfix 27.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, Miraluka said:

I know that it isn't a very common way to play Warframe, but could you guys please address the issue of stealth kill affinity not being applied unless it is a melee kill or status kill?

2 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

I made a thread about this like 5 months ago.

They've known about it but just not fixed it, despite even saying they were aware like 3 months ago. They figured ruining builds was more important.

I just tried it out; the stealth kill affinity multiplier for non-backstab kills seems to be working again. I guess they just forgot or didn't bother documenting that particular fix.

2 hours ago, Bluemillion said:

Hybrid shotguns can now be a thing!

That's not true, because the other type of shotgun than crit doesn't exist anymore.  I'll paint you a picture with crit vs status reversed to explain.  This would be the equivalent of if the better crit-focused shotguns lost  between 50-85% of their higher-than-average crit stats, and all of the status focused shotguns got increased crit stats to bring them up closer to where the crit shotguns were before.

This isn't a move toward hybridization.  This is a move toward all shotguns being crit shotguns with some status thrown in as an afterthought.  Any shotgun with more than about three pellets base now CANNOT effectively use status damage procs, at all, no matter how good of a status shotgun it was before.  And all of the formerly crit-focused shotguns can now do a lot more of the corrosive, viral, and heat procs that actually matter now.

A lot more?  Let me be clear.  The range for the non-status shotguns in on the order of 3-8 times more elemental status procs than before, partly due to getting  status buffs even though they weren't the status shotguns that got massively nerfed, and partly due to IPS procs losing their 4x weight.  THAT is what you are trying to pretend is hybrid shotguns being a thing now.

3 hours ago, XideBeast said:

Thank you for the updates and 1 question, now you guys focusing in hotfixes then will focus in SS or a part of team is doing stuffs about the SS to ensure the release of it ?

Hold your houses:) the mainline just launched, SS will probably be available in a week.

First DE has to make sure the mainline changes work fine and all the related bugs and crushes are fixed.

Thanks for the updates guys but could you fix how the gas status is now applying gas damage instead of toxin bcs gas sux against anything thats not infested its not like it was overpowered in the first place lol.

2 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

I have a standard Kohm at 339.3% status.  If anyone is screaming about the shotguns, they might want to take a look at them before judging.

That gets divided among the number of pellets, but DE can't show that in the UI.  Sure, it means the first shot will be doing 3-4 statuses (with 1/12th the damage), but by the time you're at full spool that's being divided among twelve pellets, meaning that the actual status per pellet ends up around 26-30%.  As a status and slash-focused shotgun that now cannot get a significant number of slash procs, Kohm is stone-cold dead for higher level play, and Kuva Kohm is even more dead due to the massive damage falloff it gets.

30 minutes ago, Prankoys said:

I just tried it out; the stealth kill affinity multiplier for non-backstab kills seems to be working again. I guess they just forgot or didn't bother documenting that particular fix.

I think it's also effected by elemental procs (as weird as that sounds).

From what I've noticed the enemy has to be asleep, unalerted, and killed before they wake up.

The big thing I've noticed is you can have a group of enemies ALL asleep and unalerted... Kill one or two and it might "alert" one of the sleeping enemies so they're no longer a "stealth kill" canidate and will stop your combo. When it comes to the elemental procs that I mentioned above is that "fire" or "electrocute" seem to do a really good job of alerting your target and some other random enemies.

Not sure but I think maybe even oneshotting with a heat weapon it might cancel the stealth bonus if that same shot procs heat, "alerting" them even though they were asleep and unalerted before they were oneshot.

3 hours ago, yilmazdurmaz said:

hey DEs, this needs another fix.

I have already equipped 2 Lockdowns. I checked after this hotfix, and see they were still there equipped. I uneqipped one of them and tried to equip again to see hotfix works only if I manually uneqip it.

So you need to check all players and unequip these on your side.

Cheers 😉

This is why we can't have nice things.

42 minutes ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

That gets divided among the number of pellets, but DE can't show that in the UI.  Sure, it means the first shot will be doing 3-4 statuses (with 1/12th the damage), but by the time you're at full spool that's being divided among twelve pellets, meaning that the actual status per pellet ends up around 26-30%.  As a status and slash-focused shotgun that now cannot get a significant number of slash procs, Kohm is stone-cold dead for higher level play, and Kuva Kohm is even more dead due to the massive damage falloff it gets.

Trying to test this in the simulacrum yields plenty to appreciate things.  Saryn, with a corrosive projection, against 4 level 110 corrupted heavy gunner eximus units and 4 corrupted ancient healer eximus units.  Within the 245 shots of a single clip I was able to slaughter the ancients, kill 3 of the heavy gunners, and the last 30 bullets all went into a leech eximus heavy gunner.  I'm not sure exactly what you expect from the thing, given that its glory days are long gone, because even before this update the ammo economy on this thing was miserable.  It ruled high levels through slash status effects stacking like mad, which is no longer a thing even if the math were to revert (there's a bit about only showing 10 stacks, then a bit saying elements are no longer weighted at 25%, so two 60-60 mods make any weapon now favor the element they create).

-snip-

"In addition, we’ve removed 0.25x Multiplier for Elemental Status Effects, meaning all Elemental Status Effects are 4x more likely."

-snip- from the 27.2.0 patch notes

To be clear, I liked the Kohm before as a fantastic crowd controller at sub level 80 levels.  Anything higher was always difficult because the ammo economy meant you couldn't sustain unless you had ammo mutation, or a carrier, and reliably hit the slash status effects.  I'm having problems seeing this as changed. 

Numerically I can see why you're against the change, but the Kohm was never about the damage.  It's a base IPS 6-6-18, and barely beats out the Braton at 7.9-7.9-8.2 (30 versus 24).  I think you might be angry about the status changes, not about this specific shotgun.  If you were to propose that, then I'd whole heartedly agree.  Then again, the fundamental changes to our status system are not helping when at the same time shotguns are being reworked.  Maybe try the Kohm with a radiation-viral against the infested or a magnetic-gas against the corpus.  You might find it isn't bad, because the math isn't 100% accurate to the play.

Yes I feel dirty suggesting to ignore the math.  Yes, I know that if you test in the simulacrum against a meat bag that can take the hits it'll probably come to a net nerf.  Thing is, the simulacrum doesn't really accurately represent having a wave of trash mobs launched at you, with a finite reserve of ammo in a narrow space.  You know, most of the missions Warframe offers.  

-edit-

I was writing as you were posting the same thing regarding the IPS weighting being removed.  Guess the conjecture was accurate.

4 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

I made a thread about this like 5 months ago.

They've known about it but just not fixed it, despite even saying they were aware like 3 months ago. They figured ruining builds was more important.

Do you think you could share the link to that thread?

I have questions about the blast radius changes.

1. For frames that could be used to mitigate self damage (rhino in particular) would they still be affected by the stagger when in in the state that prevents damage which is no longer a thing?

2. The Furax Amalgam mod that grants boosted blast radius (essentially acts like firestorm), currently does not work on all weapons with blast radius like firestorm now does. Is this intentional or did you mean to have it affect all rifles?

3. Will you also have the Furax Amalgam mod affect the blast radius of secondaries now or would that just be broken? (I have no problem either way on this one. 

4. I just want to say thank you for such a wonderfully large update. Love the new loading image. 

ok so any reason the Tigris Prime has 11.3% SCPP (status chance per projectile), the sancti tigris has 14%SCPP  and the TIGRIS! the bog standard Tigris has 16.8% status chance!
Tigris P should at least have 18%

Mk1 Strun has 6% SCPP and the Strun has 5% while the Strun wriath has 12% (this is a joke tbh for this shotgun. it needed its SC and CC to be a good shotgun, buff to 18-20 would be needed). 

did we really lose the electricty ephermira proc on mirage to buff here up after the self damage thing or what coz its not working anymore 

if its not in the patch notes please fix it and give us back our way of using mirage coz we got chroma dead already 

3 minutes ago, OsaAn18 said:

did we really lose the electricty ephermira proc on mirage to buff here up after the self damage thing or what coz its not working anymore 

if its not in the patch notes please fix it and give us back our way of using mirage coz we got chroma dead already 

Archived