Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove stagger from operators or RIP eidolons.

FlatDevice

Propa is my scaffold of choice, the stagger for the aoe is game-killing. I don't mind my operator taking damage -- I can manage that. I can't deal with this stagger crap in a mode where I need to fire off propa multiple times in a row to get eidolon shields down. This is nonsense.

In fact TBH I think this stagger thing was a catastrophically bad choice for the entire game, but I think I can deal with it -- just NOT with the operator. It's just too much, please remove it.

• Like 16

I kept wondering if this was really much worse than one-shotting yourself. I forgot that self damage with amps was basically nothing by default, and it was only using elemental conversion amps that caused it to immediately become self-slaughtering.

damage falloff is probably pretty bad for boredolons too huh

I don't get why they wasted development time removing self damage.  It certainly was not a major complaint I heard on formuns, maybe 1 or 2 wackos out of thousands.  

Where are the dang pet improvements to remove stasis, that's all I wanted.  Instead I get arcane nerfs and aoe damage removal.  I really despise both of these and don't even feel like playing after the patch.  

So what, we get some armor buffs and new shields...

Horrible patch, the pros don't outweigh the cons.  

• Like 4

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Educated_Beast:

I don't get why they wasted development time removing self damage.  It certainly was not a major complaint I heard on formuns, maybe 1 or 2 wackos out of thousands.  

Because of "power of the majority".

5 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

It was a direct response to people not picking up the kuva bramma right? This entire discussion came out of not being able to use cautious shot on it. (Though who uses cautious shot anyway) 

1 hour ago, Deevy said:

I just did eidolons with 727 amp, literally stagger off every single shot now, how fricking ridiculous.

Well, glad i mostly had all my care for don-farming done till focus 3.0 comes since if it wasnt for the fact scarlet spear is going to let us have another way to get arcanes even if its temporary. I definitely hope INDEED they just remove stagger/self damage altogether on amps since they already suffered the issue where they are weak as crap outside of eidolon shield busting...

...Which your having to use a virt arcane, a volt shield and madurai/unairu void-strike/wisp to make the amp half way decent on damage to begin with. There`s a good reason i wanted the other arcanes to get rank 5 versions too since a rank 5 version of virtuoso strike, implying it would follow the 1.5x value meta would be a WELCOME`D improvement.

Honestly now that i think about it, they only really GAVE rank 5 arcanes to the 2 that you can equip 2 of its own arcanes on. I really hope they do not plan to only buff virtuoso, pax & exodia arcanes a small 10~30% for thar rank 5 versions for `balancing purposes`, that would just as absurd as this stagger issue.

Edited by Avienas

It's the Shraksun Scaffold that's the primary culprit here. Near as I can tell, it has a 10-meter range and a 7 meter AoE with a somewhat slow-flying projectile. What that means is that with any movement speed beyond base walk, you're going to end up walking inside your own AoE radius. Frankly, I think it's time we gave that Scaffold decent range - enough that we can fire it from OUTSIDE its own AoE more reliably. Even boosting it to 15 meters would be fine, but I'd personally up it to 20 meters just to be safe. Operators are already clumsy in terms of precise movement, so giving them excessively short-ranged weapons isn't really practical.

And before you people jump on me - the Corint's Air Burst shot has a 20-meter range with a safety fuse and an 8 meter explosion radius. Giving the Shraksun a 20-meter range with a 7 (or even 8 ) meter radius but no safety fuse would I think be the easiest solution. Of course, that might end up being "overpowered," but I personally feel the thing is just too clunky to use in its current state even without the self-stagger. Doubly so for Eidolons due to their height.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-06 at 4:52 AM, DSAUSAGE said:

my solution:

1.bring an Ancient Healer.

2.shoot at 0m bcz the dmg off s**t

the hitbox of Eidolon are very weird btw.

Pff , i don't know why are you getting involved if you don't have a true solution ... without volt or harrow right now with this stupid self-stagger system ,the eidolon hunt is gone . 

6分钟前 , marian559 说:

Pff , i don't know why are you getting involved if you don't have a true solution ... without volt or harrow right now with this stupid self-stagger system ,the eidolon hunt is gone . 

It does work to me,

Ancient Healer's Aura will protect oprator from knockdown

but I change my amp to Kamehameha now because no damage fall off on it