Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Update feels like breath of fresh air. But self damage stuns seriously kill the pace of the game

Lazframe

As a returning player with 2000+ hours, this update feels as a great breath of fresh air. This and Railjack made Warframe feel like an entirely new game.
Even if Arcanes took a hit, overall it feels like now there is a lot more choice available. So good job.
However self damage now feels horrible and need to be addressed asap. Especially self damaging amps, when used during Eidolon hunts cripple the overall experience. During a night you're forced to remain at a certain distance to the Eidolon and hitting him gets you stunned due to the new self damage changes. Examples of this are the shraksun scaffold, used a lot in many amps used during the more experienced hunters (not the best one however).
I hope something can be done about this.

Also one of the main strategies for Chroma was to use self damage as a way to get your Vex Armor quickly, and with this update that strategy is gone. I wonder if something can be done about it, like maybe changing Cautious Shot to be exactly the opposite, in order to enable such strategies and give more choices of playstyle.

3 hours ago, SeRialPiXel said:

Especially self damaging amps, when used during Eidolon hunts cripple the overall experience. During a night you're forced to remain at a certain distance to the Eidolon and hitting him gets you stunned due to the new self damage changes. Examples of this are the shraksun scaffold, used a lot in many amps used during the more experienced hunters

I don't use the Shraksun but Volt's shield blocks the blast of the Propa so I don't see why it would not work for the Shraksun.

If you are not shooting through a Volt's Shield why even bring up "more experienced hunters"

Granted, there is no need for this change anyways unless amps get a dmg boost to begin with.

Also Chroma seems to have fallen out of the "high end eidolon" meta way before the self-damage removal. Would rather see a change to Vex Armor requiring you take damage instead of a Band-Aid mod to a frame that was only really used as a side-grade Rhino.

Edited by Pixzia