Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Reactions Simplified

[DE]Drew

Why don't you just do two reactions:

Positive: Lotus brand.
Negative: Stalker's brand.

After all, they're just reactions, Obviously it is best to leave the reaction and a comment on why the reaction is happening.

This is an unexpected change, not nesseserily a bad one but being able to quickly react with various view points was useful.

• I support what was posted
  • I found the post amusing
  • I disagree with the post

It also helped to declutter threads by not requiring a further explanation if it wasn't nessesary.
If it helps avoid problems that were larger than we as users see, fair enough in that case. But I think just one type of reaction is a little bit too much of a simplifacation, rather than doing a reclassifacation.

1 minute ago, MaxSaga said:

Why don't you just do two reactions:

Positive: Lotus brand.
Negative: Stalker's brand.

After all, they're reactions.

Because they want to push discussion, not just react and bounce.

Granted, that means removing even the Lotus symbol react.  That would force people to actually respond instead.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Honestly, putting rep so easily seen was a bad idea for a forum that wants to push constructive posting. 

I always figured it was an outlet valve.  i.e., some of the energy that would have gone into spammy or genuinely toxic replies, just got siphoned off into almost totally harmless reactions without taking up much bandwidth.

Be interesting to see whether it's an improvement.

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

I always figured it was an outlet valve.  i.e., some of the energy that would have gone into spammy or genuinely toxic replies, just got siphoned off into almost totally harmless reactions without taking up much bandwidth.

Be interesting to see whether it's an improvement.

Oh sure, being able to just make a reaction and leave certainly helped with some of the toxic & utter nonsense posts.  But I think combined with the rep display and certain posters need to have the highest points, things got a lot more toxic and...erg, what's the concept, shallow? which made already spotty feedback and discussion even worse because people were playing to the audience instead of being constructive.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Oh sure, being able to just make a reaction and leave certainly helped with some of the toxic & utter nonsense posts.  But I think combined with the rep display and certain posters need to have the highest points, things got a lot more toxic and...erg, what's the concept, shallow? which made already spotty feedback and discussion even worse because people were playing to the audience instead of being constructive.

: satisfied :

33 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Tenno, 

We have simplified the forum reactions to include only 'Like' (+1 Reputation). The previous reactions were essentially doing the same thing as a 'Like' by providing 1 Reputation. If you have a response that cannot be conveyed by an emoji, we encourage you to make a post explaining your opinion. Reactions are a good way to quickly show support, but posting your constructive thoughts is always appreciated. 

Thanks!

Too many "really excited red faces" under DE posts? 😲 :surprised::awe:

1 minute ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

There is a lot of laughy faces underneath de bears post about Arcane changes and feedback 😂😂

If they want to encourage players to post on official forums instead of Reddit this is a weird move.

I already feel reporting bugs has better chance of being noticed with few hundreds of likes, sponsored formas slapped on it and youtubers reacting to Reddit trends creating feedback loop.

That glitch i reported months ago with zero response? I guess it's not relevant, and I was silly for using forums even DE thinks is worse than Reddit.

Just now, SpringRocker said:

Me too. I generally use it in case where someone disagreed with me, gave a reason, and it either made sense or was right and made their point.

I used it when someone showed suffering after getting one of my puns.  Or an epic point made by a friend.

50 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Tenno, 

We have simplified the forum reactions to include only 'Like' (+1 Reputation). The previous reactions were essentially doing the same thing as a 'Like' by providing 1 Reputation. If you have a response that cannot be conveyed by an emoji, we encourage you to make a post explaining your opinion. Reactions are a good way to quickly show support, but posting your constructive thoughts is always appreciated. 

Thanks!

:thumbdown:

56 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Tenno, 

Thanks!

aww damn, but I'm an introvert!

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Tenno, 

Thanks!

I like this better than the old system.

Best would be "Like" (+1 rep) and "Dislike" (no rep change).

So, in simpler words, you couldn't ever figure out like, upvote, satisfied, laughing and whatever ones I can't remember would work out for reputations and simply cut the rest of them all out because of 7 years of not knowing what to do or how to retroactively code the website finally got on someone's nerves?  

I'm not sure whether that's a positive reflection or a negative..  But I find this really funny (in a sardonic way):  

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

If you have a response that cannot be conveyed by an emoji, we encourage you to make a post explaining your opinion.

This has never been a problem with gamers; ever.  

So if someone agrees with a topic, they have a button to push that doesn't bump a thread.

But if they disagree with a topic the only option available is to explain their opinion and bump a thread.

I'm all for discussion, but I can't help but see a problem here. "Bad" ideas will nearly always be discussed more and thus be seen more whereas "good" ideas will just get a few reputation then die. What if "liking" a post bumped a thread? That way "good" ideas would have a way to compete with "bad" ones in the battle of the front page.

4 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

So if someone agrees with a topic, they have a button to push that doesn't bump a thread.

But if they disagree with a topic the only option available is to explain their opinion and bump a thread.

I'm all for discussion, but I can't help but see a problem here. "Bad" ideas will nearly always be discussed more and thus be seen more whereas "good" ideas will just get a few reputation then die. What if "liking" a post bumped a thread? That way "good" ideas would have a way to compete with "bad" ones in the battle of the front page.

Or you know, just remove the like symbol too and have everyone post a comment.

Fresh Prince Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

Archived