Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unexpected Drimper Bracket change?

Serinexxa

In this recent mainline update, the Moa's default Drimper brackets have changed to a new appearance. It's much thicker, and I personally preferred the thinner legs on my several Moa companions as I use them very often. Could this change be reverted and these new legs given their own blueprint? I really loved the Drimper brackets and their Corpus theme and hate to see pet diversity lowered as well. Below, I have a picture of my beloved companion before and after the update.

t1h5Rbw.png

It has less colour variation and is much bulkier. Almost Grineer-like.

If my request is unreasonable, may we see a market skin that gives the mass production appearance of your typical Moa? We have the Degenerate skin for Helminth Charger, the Hyekka/Moonless skin for Kavats, and the Drahk/Underbrush skin for Kubrows. Why can't the Moa be Corpus? It feels like an odd exception.

Edited by Serinexxa
Small typo.
  • Like 8

I'm going to come in and +1 this, I've also double checked the notes and I don't see anything mentioning a visual update to the Drimper so I'm wondering if it was quite unintentional. I myself was also using the sleek default design for my model citizen JEEVES and he's gotten a little chunkier for no reason.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely a bug/error.

Hell, the ungilded version still uses the original textures- which are, of course, super #*!%ed on the new model.

Also, yes, we definitely should have production model skins/part options for our moas. I still have a screenshot from a stream where they had bursa legs on a player moa, and I still want that as one of mine, both functionally and cosmetically.

Edited by Arbie2
  • Like 3

On 2020-04-01 at 9:06 AM, Dracerta said:

The new model is not that bad. But only when the old one is still there.
I think it would be a bug about file name localizing or something. But if it was intentional, please change it back. And add that model as a new one if you want.

and not forcing us to have the new model on our carefully crafted babies.

I'll also note that the update notes for 3.6 said they fixed the appearance of drimper, but uh:

cd0cb23a04b14f20d2a32ad0b46e8b08.jpg

It's still there, in all it's ugly clunkiness, taking the sleek out of my dapper boy. (I used Legs location for this screenshot cause the patch notes only said 'in Legs preview', but uh, my own dapper boy is still affected: 

a9c3ac99d54ffbee412b5145b20b6f99.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'd desperately like to see the old model back. Most of the others have too many design elements of the Grineer rather than Corpus, and old Drimper was the only one that actually suited the Corpus theme.

I'm all for a straight up revert, and they can make the new model have a place somewhere as a new skin or leg part

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

i've been using helios so much lately i havent noticed it until now. I hope this gets fixed too because i liked the old legs. i made a LOT of moas and a bunch use this leg type; the thin legs were more fitting but now they just look bad O_o i cant use them until this is fixed and i dont want to reconstruct them with something new all over again... 

If they turned this new look into a separate design then cool i can make more moas, but at least change this one back to the old one; i'd rather not have to remake a bunch of the moas i made previously 😕 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-04 at 12:13 AM, Zsword said:

I was just checking to see if this was addressed yet in the patch and nope. 😞

I'm not sure if they've noticed yet since Moas aren't as commonly used as sentinels for most people. Though I'm hoping they're just fixing bigger bugs and working their way to it.

• Like 1

I don't even have a custom Moa from Legs, and I still agree that this should be reverted.

Part of their charm is their modular nature as a robotic "pet"; and anybody that built their Moa with Drimper Bracket's old appearance explicitly picked the default, non-modified Bracket because they thought those iconic, tapering robo-chicken Corpus legs were the most endearing.

If we must have the heavy-duty Grineer-ish legs, make them a new Bracket altogether.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-14 at 5:03 PM, Serinexxa said:

I'm not sure if they've noticed yet since Moas aren't as commonly used as sentinels for most people. Though I'm hoping they're just fixing bigger bugs and working their way to it.

I'm hoping thats the case too. Moa's arent used as much as sentinels (which even i didnt notice it for a while for that exact reason,) and hopefully the devs are working on more important game-breaking bugs. 

Still hope they see that this is an issue though, we all like our fashion frames and in this case fashion moas lol. more than likely I'll be checking back in this forum from time to time. 

Edited by ChibiNinja
(meant "bugs" not "buffs;" i used the wrong word lol)

If this were an accident, I'd think it wouldn't take DE THREE MONTHS to get to it.

Which is kinda scuzzy if they're just changing the entire appearance of something on the fly with zero regard for the people who liked it how it was.

But then they've done that for major gameplay and controls so...

5 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

If this were an accident, I'd think it wouldn't take DE THREE MONTHS to get to it.

Which is kinda scuzzy if they're just changing the entire appearance of something on the fly with zero regard for the people who liked it how it was.

But then they've done that for major gameplay and controls so...

You do have a point about the 3 months thing. I'm hoping that maybe not enough people have noticed it yet so people havent really reported it, like others said above most people tend to use the sentinels anyways, but who knows. If enough people dislike it though they might change it back; thats worked with other things anyways. 

• 2 weeks later...

Giving this a last bump to make sure it's as fresh as possible on the teams minds when they're adding the new Moa.

And if the New Moa has the old Drimper model legs as a 'new' option then I think it's time I called my peace with this game.