Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Nyx

ArkThanatos

Nyx used to be the frame I'd use for immortality from self damage weapons, but now there's no real point.  It's also fairly apparent that her mind control is pointless.  Hopefully DE will make something out of her kit beyond just cumbersome invulnerability. 

• Like 1

Yes and no. You're not going to be reliably applying radiation procs to every enemy in a room while ignoring walls, sure you probably can by spinning your camera with a rad Ignis but you won't be killing much in the process.

But be it Chaos or rad procs it still isn't worthwhile enough given the state of newer/modernized frames. CC is still largely dead and Nyx still needs at least a Vauban level update.

• Like 1

Makes absolutely no difference for me. 

I really don't need the enemies to kill each other, because then they just generate more spawns. Chaos is just a distraction and/or stagger, and Mind Control is better used for accuiring enemies abilities or disabling special units rather than damage output. 

Imo this patch just made Nyx better with shield gating and the armor buff. 

Edited by SirTobe
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, SirTobe said:

Makes absolutely no difference for me. 

I really don't need the enemies to kill each other, because then they just generate more spawns. Chaos is just a distraction and/or stagger, and Mind Control is better used for accuiring enemies abilities or disabling special units rather than damage output. 

Imo this patch just made Nyx better with shield gating and the armor buff. 

it done that to all frames basically. Harrow is way better for it!.mag and hildryn too. 

some people are mixing up Chaos with mind control. Rad now does mind control. 

i really really want to see Nyx fixed up so things like this wont affect her. and there are ways to do this. 

15 hours ago, ArkThanatos said:

well radiation proc rework also just took over Nyx's job! 

FIX NYX DE! 

Don't worry! You can still play Terminator Nyx to ignor all that pesky self damage from................oh............................ uhhh so how about that weather >.> 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Don't worry! You can still play Terminator Nyx to ignor all that pesky self damage from................oh............................ uhhh so how about that weather >.> 

HAHA jesus this is funnier than it should be

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I'm confused. The title would imply that Nyx wasn't already dead and buried.

she might as well be at this point, all she does is Exist and DE just keeps bringing things that replaces what she does lol. its really painful. 
just. like.. why DE, she is already in a bad way... why add insult to crippling injury 

1 hour ago, Raqiya said:

Nyx? Radiation stole her job years ago, Nyx has been trash for a good while now despite her "Rework" and absorb might as well take the form of a elderly woman in a wheel chair for all its worth.

yeah but they updated it to now basically have her mind control augment lol. its just insult to injury now

6 hours ago, Raqiya said:

Nyx? Radiation stole her job years ago, Nyx has been trash for a good while now despite her "Rework" and absorb might as well take the form of a elderly woman in a wheel chair for all its worth.

Not even despite, I'd say because of. Spamming homing missiles on open world maps was something that I found really fun. The replacement ability... doesn't seem to do anything at all. Chaos and absorb weren't changed, and I don't think that mind control had any changes either.