Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Boi, the Kuva Chakkhurr...

WisdomOfTheWoods

Image result for you killed my boy

Lets talk about the Kuva Chakkhurr: a sniper-esque gun that hybridizes but focuses on crit. It functions somewhat like if the komorex was more crit baised. Though it is an AoE weapon like the Komorex, it trades out the chance for innate viral, a maximum base firerate, three seperate possible modes, and access to sniper mods while relying on sniper ammo pickups, all just so it is able to fire low-radius explosive bursts that do not have self-damage. Before the AoE update, the gun was good, but by no means a meta, especially when it is compared to weapons like the kuva bramma. After the update, the falloff nerf (which in my opinion should not come to a gun that already paid its way out of no self-damage beforehand) hit the Kuva Chakkhurr incredibly hard. Thanks to the 90% falloff, the Kuva Chakkhurr has been downgraded to what is essentially a single-target sniper, but in-fact its NOT a sniper. People would try to justify this unwarranted nerf with "its a way to make sure kuva chakkhurr doesn't become the new meta", but thanks to primed-sure-footed, the lack of self-damage replaced with stagger/falloff, and the fact that shieldgating exists (why was shieldgating added in the same update that self-damage was removed?), even if the Kuva Chakkhurr was reverted to its former state, it would not hope to compete with the foot-shooting kuva bramma users that have popped up in the wake of the AoE changes. 

DE, please reconsider how the Kuva Chakkhurr was handled pertaining to the AoE/self-damage update. It is a gun that to my perspective not only received one of the heaviest nerfs, but held the least justification to receive a nerf at all.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

That has got to be a meme. The only possible reason to shot the Bramma in melee range is trolling (since there wasn't a bow only sortie).

It is quite the meme, that is for sure. Just in a meta-got-meta'ier way. I also forgot to mention that gauss 2nd removes stagger, so there's that too.

Edited by Artimessheed

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I tested the Bramma while farming thralls; takes a few shots to kill a group.

that's odd, since Kuva Bramma is competing with one or two other Weapons for highest Damage per Shot in the game.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

That has got to be a meme. The only possible reason to shot the Bramma in melee range is trolling (since there wasn't a bow only sortie).

It's a meme. The cool kids thing to do now while waiting for people to get to extraction is to fire your explosive weapons at your feet.

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

sure, AoE Weapons basically don't AoE anymore

but i assume you were shooting like, at the Thrall anyways. 😛

^ is true. The 90% Radial Damage falloff made the Bramma perform like a high damaging Bow instead of a normal Explosive.

• Like 1