Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Vauban Worth It?

twitt98

So ive been mad that no alert has been giving me vauban systems and i wanted to know from you guys that if it is worth the platinum to buy him because ive been spending a LONG &#! time to try to get all his parts. So if you guys would tell me if he is worth the platinum or not i have 1,860  platinum btw. 

Vauban is great. Even with the Bastille "nerf", I hardly feel any difference. Vauban feels like regular old Vauban.

The only real difference is that Vortex doesn't affect players anymore.

Other than that, I still use Vauban very frequently, and he performs his job very well.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

He really is a good all around frame. Maybe even one of my favorites. Tesla is great damage, and even when it's not killing it provides a guaranteed stun, plus you can put out a ton of them. Bounce is great, but really only once it's maxed out. Bastille doesn't feel any worse than it ever did. And Vortex is always fun, and even great for clearing small rooms or sealing a choke point. I personally crafted instead of bought, but I was waiting for around 2 months. In that time I bought several other frames that I just could not get the pieces for (I despise farming) and leveled them up while waiting for his helmet. Sadly enough I got his Systems and Chassis the first week they were released...either way you won't be disappointed. Just remember with that much plat, there will be future content that you may want it for, unless you plan on buying more plat.

Vauban, when you look at him, is a cheap money making technique and a way to keep you playing. you are either in situation 1 or 2. 1 leads into 2

1. OMG i want vauban so bad i need to never sleep again and download all the fliters to ? alerts

2.OMG Getting vauban SO hard i might as well use my platinum on him. what are the chances of getting {Insert piece you can never get here} 

Vauban is a good frame its just a shame he is hard to get and if you have plat lying around he is the frame to spend it on

depends on your play style.  i love infested defense/mobile defense. to give you an idea, out of 300k kills, 225k are infested.  i play vauban more than any other frame.  i dont use any ability but bastille, and the nerf is a joke if you are modded right.  if you wanna see stuff explode into bits, then don't bother getting him.  if you want a good utility frame, then i would get him.  

No frame is worth the cost. All that platinum can go to a better use in the long run, it's never a good idea to burn it off just because you have some to spare. I had 1k plat and saved it for colors then any potatoes as I needed with occasional rushing and it took months to to waste it all, and thankfully. Having to wait for potato alerts now isn't fun...

But to answer your question no. He's hardly worth the wait for all the alerts to begin with, he's a really nice frame but at the same time he's just very boring for me.

Bastille and vortex are identical only one deals damage and has an infinite target cap, Tesla is electric damage which is the worst in the game plus to get a good amount of damage with it you need to spam it which costs more energy than spamming his other skills, bounce is fun but that's it... it's nothing to get a frame for.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

there have been a lot of alerts for his parts lately, so look out for those.

What are you smoking?

In the past few weeks, i've only seen Gambit Vauban helmet alerts, but not a single system/chassis/helmet(regular) alerts. 

Seriously, DE should already either make a boss for him or toss the parts in the Orokin Void.

What are you smoking?

In the past few weeks, i've only seen Gambit Vauban helmet alerts, but not a single system/chassis/helmet(regular) alerts. 

Seriously, DE should already either make a boss for him or toss the parts in the Orokin Void.

How many weeks do you consider "a few"?

Vauban Chassis on September 30th and 27th ( twice on the 27th ), Vauban Systems on the 27th, and Vauban Helmet on Sept 21st. And none of those were between Midnight-7AM EST ( except for one Chassis alert on Sept 27th ), because I remember being awake for all of them. You could have had all the Vauban parts in one week.

This is my own idea of this so might not make alot of you happy :

I had taken few month for making vauban but after hitting 30 i just stopped playing it , he is fine frame but not for me , because i just dont like the fact

that when i play vauban people always Expect from me to use bastille even if theire no more energy and to stay at pod while they are doing the fun stuff , so that is why i sold my Vauban yesterday and get mag prime instead , i think my frost prime is going to get the same service exit

This is my own idea of this so might not make alot of you happy :

I had taken few month for making vauban but after hitting 30 i just stopped playing it , he is fine frame but not for me , because i just dont like the fact

that when i play vauban people always Expect from me to use bastille even if theire no more energy and to stay at pod while they are doing the fun stuff , so that is why i sold my Vauban yesterday and get mag prime instead , i think my frost prime is going to get the same service exit

I usually just ask people to stay near the pod so I don't have to run away from it to pick up Resources and Mods, and people are usually nice enough to stick close by. Did you try asking them over the chat?

If you're the type of person that plays on a newbie level for years in the same game, then sure, Vauban is worth it.  If you enjoy pushing the envelope though on defense missions forget it.  Don't waste your platinum on this frame right now.