Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relevant quote regarding today's PC mainline update

"Overall my friends, I may not be the smartest person in the world. Definitely not. But I did my absolute best to wrap my head around the developer's reasoning, and no matter how I look at it, it all rings hollow. These are changes for the sake of changes. And you know what? Sometimes that's totally fine. What worries me however, is that the dev felt like they needed to resort to such measures to make the game more interesting and that is truly concerning." - LeyzarGamingViews quote from a video released on March 4th. 

• Like 3

Just now, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Not to be rude, but how would you know? We don't have the update yet

Mate, railjack failed to bring be players and failed to keep old players, they can shove in as many lich weapons they want but it wont stood the fact that they were losing players and money.

I can guarantee for a FACT that they're only doing this as damage control because of how the screwed up so hard in keeping player investment. This status change is only to keep the game more interesting because they dont have a choice now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Mate, railjack failed to bring be players and failed to keep old players, they can shove in as many lich weapons they want but it wont stood the fact that they were losing players and money.

I can guarantee for a FACT that they're only doing this as damage control because of how the screwed up so hard in keeping player investment. This status change is only to keep the game more interesting because they dont have a choice now.

Or they're long-awaited revisions that are finally being put into place for the overall benefit of the game and its playerbase in the long term, that they needed a mainline update to add because of the technical issues that could arise. Either way, you still have no idea what the update feels like, unless you also have an account on PC

• Like 2

Just now, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Or they're long-awaited revisions that are finally being put into place for the overall benefit of the game and its playerbase in the long term, that they needed a mainline update to add because of the technical issues that could arise. Either way, you still have no idea what the update feels like, unless you also have an account on PC

Tell me this, do you think they would have actually made this update if railjack didnt fail? Do you really believe that?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Tell me this, do you think they would have actually made this update if railjack didnt fail? Do you really believe that?

I know for a fact we would have kept on *@##$ing until it was finally done... 

and anyway, Railjack isn't even "complete" yet, there's still squad link and Command to add, Corpus and Infested levels to add, and much more. the launch was bad, very bad, but it was only the Launch. there's no reason railjack cannot get better over time (which slowly but surely it is).

you're jumping the gun by saying "it's a failure", when there's only about half of what the mode is suppsoed to be in the game right now.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

These are changes for the sake of changes.

I like it! Try things out, then revert the stuff that didn't work (90% damage falloff) fine tune the stuff that seems like a good idea (new procs) and keep some accidental great things.

Certainly better than broken crap being broken for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Why wouldn't they? They all seem positive changes, most of which aren't directly related to railjack, and the ones that are directly related have done nothing but improve it. Railjack isn't dead, it's in its infancy. What we have is still ostensibly a preview in everything but basic mechanics. Mission types, enemies, command link (formerly squad link btw), all of these are yet to be fully realised. Heck, we don't even have the final intrinsic yet. And that's fine. We're helping the gamemode grow into what it should be, fun for everyone involved. It's not dead because you can't kill what hasn't been fully realised yet

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I know for a fact we would have kept on *@##$ing until it was finally done... 

and anyway, Railjack isn't even "complete" yet, there's still squad link and Command to add, Corpus and Infested levels to add, and much more. the lanch was bad, very bad, but it was only the Luanhc. there's no reason railjack cannot get better over time (which slowly but surely it is).

you're jumping the gun by saying "it's a failure", when there's only about half of what the mode is suppsoed to be in the game right now.

Players left the game over the railjack update..  After a Game awards announcement. Numbers wise,  it was a failure.. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Why wouldn't they? They all seem positive changes, most of which aren't directly related to railjack, and the ones that are directly related have done nothing but improve it. Railjack isn't dead, it's in its infancy. What we have is still ostensibly a preview in everything but basic mechanics. Mission types, enemies, command link (formerly squad link btw), all of these are yet to be fully realised. Heck, we don't even have the final intrinsic yet. And that's fine. We're helping the gamemode grow into what it should be, fun for everyone involved. It's not dead because you can't kill what hasn't been fully realised yet

These are only changes to keep whatever player interest afloat, it doenst matter if railjack is in its infancy, it's still was still a crap show that caused de to lose hundreds of players. I personally like railjack right now but i cant deny the fact that this new update was to compensate for the failure that WAS railjack.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

These are only changes to keep whatever player interest afloat, it doenst matter if railjack is in its infancy, it's still was still a crap show that caused de to lose hundreds of players. I personally like railjack right now but i cant deny the fact that this new update was to compensate for the failure that WAS railjack.

And how did it become what you like now? Many of the changes to railjack that were made were because of player feedback. The people who left expected railjack in its finished form right out of the gate, when it was clear that's not what was happening. Railjack was a buggy mess, I will freely admit, but it was still fun, even more so now. And the reason it has evolved in the manner it has done is primarily because of player feedback. You also keep talking as if railjack is dead, it's in the past. It's far from over, it's still being worked on. Railjack is as much now as it was on release, and it likely will still be 3 months from now

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Players left the game over the railjack update..  After a Game awards announcement. Numbers wise,  it was a failure.. 

sure, and it was a travesty.. but that was still the launch. if in a few months to a years time when Railjack has more updates, we have data showing players are still leaving, then yes, that would be a failure unless you have a crystal ball, you cannot possibly know for sure that railjack is a failure in the long term.

if you want to call railjack trash and garbage and all the rest then go for it, I'm just saying you need the actual long-term data, from the mode being around a while with updates and fixes, in order to give your argument a little more basis. the fact that players left is not exclusive to railjack: I imagine a fair few left after Second Dream, when the Operator was revealed, because they "didn't want to be kids". would you call Second Dream a failure as well?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

And how did it become what you like now? Many of the changes to railjack that were made were because of player feedback. The people who left expected railjack in its finished form right out of the gate, when it was clear that's not what was happening. Railjack was a buggy mess, I will freely admit, but it was still fun, even more so now. And the reason it has evolved in the manner it has done is primarily because of player feedback. You also keep talking as if railjack is dead, it's in the past. It's far from over, it's still being worked on. Railjack is as much now as it was on release, and it likely will still be 3 months from now

I mean, de literally announced hey were releasing this "new form of space combat" and stuff at the game awards, of course people expected something more that what we actually got. Besides I never said railjack was dead, it was a failure on release. 2 different things.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

I mean, de literally announced hey were releasing this "new form of space combat" and stuff at the game awards, of course people expected something more that what we actually got. Besides I never said railjack was dead, it was a failure on release. 2 different things.

They probably think that they can just release some new shiny and their work is done. Peeps want new shiny things on regular basis, so here is new shiny thing, happy now? IMO they need to plan for improving new shiny things according to feedback. They released liches and left them to rot while they are working on new shiny thing (railjack), then they released railjack and had to fix most obviuos bugs like it was crashing and soft-locking all the time, then they left it to rot too and moved back to liches.

Railjack didn't change since then at all it feels like. They tweaked numbers here and there, yeah, now you can kill fighters in 1 second instead of 2 or 3 seconds, there is a cancel button where it wasn't before, they removed cheesy rush option, distribution of RNG parts was changed too, so now it's a "better RNG" i suppose. It doesn't crash three times every hour, well, that's good of course, at least now people can play it, but it's pretty much the same thing it was before.

So people who weren't happy with liches saw those issues are not being addressed for months and had plenty of time to leave. Railjack issues are not being addressed for months too and people who aren't happy about that have plenty of time to leave. Now they are going to introduce new changes and this inevitably will cause more issues that probably are not going to be addressed as well because they are busy with new shiny called "Operation Scarlet". You already know what this will lead to, right? Then all accumulated issues with liches, railjack and new changes are going to manifest themselves at once when they are going to release new operation, but they are going to be busy with some new shiny and couldn't address those.

This is f-ing scary to watch, honestly.

• Like 3