Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield gating for everyone, what about Hildryn?

Sevenus.

Since Hildryn was the first and only warframe to have shield-gating, now when all the warframes have shield gating will there be any difference in Hildryn's passive? 

-hildryn's passive is basically the shield-gating effect that now all the warframes have after the revised update.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

why am i not surprised she didnt get a new passive? it'll probably come when they decide to rework her in all the wrong ways right before her prime comes lol

probably haha, not many players play her(im main hildryn). i hope her passive will have more invisibility than the rest frames or increased shield recharge/dmg reduction to shields.

also her 3rd skill "used" to give shield gating passive to players affected by the buff, hopefully that will be changed too

15 hours ago, sonyseva6055 said:

Since Hildryn was the first and only warframe to have shield-gating, now when all the warframes have shield gating will there be any difference in Hildryn's passive? 

-hildryn's passive is basically the shield-gating effect that now all the warframes have after the revised update.

10 hours ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

why am i not surprised she didnt get a new passive? it'll probably come when they decide to rework her in all the wrong ways right before her prime comes lol

Because she has about half a dozen passives bundled into about 3 overall effects, not just shield gating. 

1. She had the gimmick to YEET toxin with her overshields despite toxin originally bypassed shields, which may be universal now, but she still had it first, would honestly not be amazed if this gets updated so hildryn`s shield will YEET slash instead.
  2. She has a 3 second shield gate window, which last i checked, the universal shield gate is extremely shorter.
  3. Passive also applies to her archwing combat too where plenty of warframe passives do not really work in archwings
  4. She skips out on most energy means since she uses her SHIELDS instead of standard energy for abilities.
  5. She can immediately start her shield recharge on orb pick up and just like with warframe energy normally, she cant pick up energy orbs if her shields are max.
  6. Just like with Inaros, she has different rank up bonus scaling vs standard warframes aka she gets more shields on ranks that normally would raise energy.

In all honesty, she already has a lot that would be likely considered criminal if it was not for the fact her entire design relies on not building building health and going whole hog on shield stacking to maximize her potential. Which is also funny that some people are saying Arcane Aegis got nerfed by becoming 30%, max shields, but that is only in the case of people who skip building shields where the regeneration amound seems to be faster per second, while regaining a similar amount for those who take the normal way to build her.

Edited by Avienas

2 hours ago, Avienas said:

Because she has about half a dozen passives bundled into about 3 overall effects, not just shield gating. 

1. She had the gimmick to YEET toxin with her overshields despite toxin originally bypassed shields, which may be universal now, but she still had it first, would honestly not be amazed if this gets updated so hildryn`s shield will YEET slash instead.
  2. She has a 3 second shield gate window, which last i checked, the universal shield gate is extremely shorter.
  3. Passive also applies to her archwing combat too where plenty of warframe passives do not really work in archwings
  4. She skips out on most energy means since she uses her SHIELDS instead of standard energy for abilities.
  5. She can immediately start her shield recharge on orb pick up and just like with warframe energy normally, she cant pick up energy orbs if her shields are max.
  6. Just like with Inaros, she has different rank up bonus scaling vs standard warframes aka she gets more shields on ranks that normally would raise energy.

In all honesty, she already has a lot that would be likely considered criminal if it was not for the fact her entire design relies on not building building health and going whole hog on shield stacking to maximize her potential. Which is also funny that some people are saying Arcane Aegis got nerfed by becoming 30%, max shields, but that is only in the case of people who skip building shields where the regeneration amound seems to be faster per second, while regaining a similar amount for those who take the normal way to build her.

Even for Warframes with 300 shields arcane aegis should be better than before (if it is total shields). 30% of 300 is 90, which is 50% stronger than the previous version (+60 shields)

Edited by HolySeraphin

5 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

Even for Warframes with 300 shields arcane aegis should be better than before (if it is total shields). 30% of 300 is 90, which is 50% stronger than the previous version (+60 shields)

ho wow, i feel ashamed to main her not knowing that much. thanks for the info mate, i was wondering if her invincibility after shields are down is longer than the others, couldnt see it because the health/shield bar stopped becoming grey indicating i wont take dmg anymore sadly.  

slash procs are now damaging shields now rather than bypass them. 

i was afraid that arcane aegis got nerfed cz it says now "shield recharge", i first assumed it actually just increases recharge but fun fact is its actually better now than ever. i regen shields alot faster.

12 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

The old one was 60 shield a second for 20 seconds for a total of 1200 shields fixed value, meaning you got a lot that could likely refill your shields twice over for a standard frame.

I do not play the pc warframe version so i have to go off the notes since it has yet to come to the console. But since it reads as +30% shield recharge for 12 seconds, i would assume that means it recovers that 30% shield over 12 seconds (or 2.5% per second)

So basically 2.5% of 300 shields is 7.5 shields per second or 90 shields. Unless D.E. conviently left out the PER SECOND, then that means its worst for those with low values.

This is why i stated that for hildryn it was a buff for the NORMAL build, since she tends to range between 3k to 6k shields which amounts to around well, 900 to 1800 recovery. Which can pretty much sound like a nerf on the low ends, but try to remember this is over 12 seconds. Which 12 seconds for the old one would be 920 shields, pretty much the SAME as before.

Now if its recovering 2.5% shields per second that means its between 75 per second on the 3k end and 150 on the 6k end. So its definitely HIGHER per count for those with higher shields.

Course in all honesty this just proves that they effectively made Aegis only useful to Hildryn who has a high shield base and that it should of been 50% or 60% shield percentage which would of been more benefical to previous shield frames like Trinity, Mag & even Frost, Which more then likely the effect cannot REFRESH once active likely how D.E. forgot to include that detail on arcane guardian, based on how i have been hearing some people talk about it.

3 hours ago, Avienas said:

The old one was 60 shield a second for 20 seconds for a total of 1200 shields fixed value, meaning you got a lot that could likely refill your shields twice over for a standard frame.

I do not play the pc warframe version so i have to go off the notes since it has yet to come to the console. But since it reads as +30% shield recharge for 12 seconds, i would assume that means it recovers that 30% shield over 12 seconds (or 2.5% per second)

So basically 2.5% of 300 shields is 7.5 shields per second or 90 shields. Unless D.E. conviently left out the PER SECOND, then that means its worst for those with low values.

This is why i stated that for hildryn it was a buff for the NORMAL build, since she tends to range between 3k to 6k shields which amounts to around well, 900 to 1800 recovery. Which can pretty much sound like a nerf on the low ends, but try to remember this is over 12 seconds. Which 12 seconds for the old one would be 920 shields, pretty much the SAME as before.

Now if its recovering 2.5% shields per second that means its between 75 per second on the 3k end and 150 on the 6k end. So its definitely HIGHER per count for those with higher shields.

Course in all honesty this just proves that they effectively made Aegis only useful to Hildryn who has a high shield base and that it should of been 50% or 60% shield percentage which would of been more benefical to previous shield frames like Trinity, Mag & even Frost, Which more then likely the effect cannot REFRESH once active likely how D.E. forgot to include that detail on arcane guardian, based on how i have been hearing some people talk about it.

The description  says +30% shield regen for 12 seconds" and not "over 12 seconds". So it is 30% PER second. And it is the same description as Arcane Grace, which gives health regen per second.

According to 3 different people who tested it Arcane Aegis takes 30% of your total shields and then add to the shield regen per second, but it cannot be refreshed. 

"That said, they moved away from the flat regen amount so Hildryn can't go a Decaying key (or anyone for that matter if shield gating isn't touched) and just be invulnerable.

But that doesn't mean Aegis is useless, if anything it's better than Arcane Barrier for high shield based frames like Hildryn or Harrow. You still get the forced shield recharge but the +60/s flat bonus was replaced with +30% of your shield amount being added on top of your normal recharge. Seriously try it yourself. You regen 903 shields/s with Hildryn, a rank 3 Aegis, and a max Redirection. And the increased recharge rate mods like Fast Deflection affect this added bonus that's based on your shield amount so it goes up to 1715." - xChibix page 8

Post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1171899-warframe-revised-arcane-changes-megathread/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-11408197

Brozime:

Here are examples of how it works currently (not counting natural regen)

225 shield: 225 x 0.3 = 67.5 shields per second.

300 shield: 300 x 0.3 = 90 shields per second 

450 shield: 450 x 0.3 = 135 shields per second.

740 shield (300 shield using redirection) =  222 shields per second.

1110 shield: 333 shields per second.

Edited by HolySeraphin

2 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

-Snip-

Could of kept it simple and just state that i was incorrect and it was 30% shield regen PER SECOND and added to your normal shield regeneration instead of being a separate instance and leave it at that with maybe one video of proof, lol.

Never the less, this will be guud fun details when i go revisit some frames, once it comes to console, i normally avoided that despite being some-what fun, were originally ruined due to shield mechanics being bad before and F.D.+Aegis pairing might make for some FUN interactions, to say at the very least.

Edited by Avienas

3 hours ago, Avienas said:

Could of kept it simple and just state that i was incorrect and it was 30% shield regen PER SECOND and added to your normal shield regeneration instead of being a separate instance and leave it at that with maybe one video of proof, lol.

Never the less, this will be guud fun details when i go revisit some frames, once it comes to console, i normally avoided that despite being some-what fun, were originally ruined due to shield mechanics being bad before and F.D.+Aegis pairing might make for some FUN interactions, to say at the very least.

Nah, with all the negativity surrounding arcane changes and misconceptions in the forums (there are still people on the feedback post that didn't test it and are claiming it is a massive nerf) you got to give every proof you have. Besides, I was searching it to be sure, because I also didn't know exactly how it turned out to be after the patch. So I searched here and there, and Brozime's video was the last proof I came upon, which is honestly the most reliable source considering who he is.

Edited by HolySeraphin

3 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

Nah, with all the negativity surrounding arcane changes and misconceptions in the forums (there are still people on the feedback post that didn't test it and are claiming it is a massive nerf) you got to give every proof you have. Besides, I was searching it to be sure, because I also didn't know exactly how it turned out to be after the patch. So I searched here and there, and Brozime's video was the last proof I came upon, which is honestly the most reliable source considering who he is.

Well at the very least its making Mag, despite the fact her kit STILL needs some fresh polish, is going to be a fun thing between the fact enemies have less armor scaling, Are alot less accurate and squish frames are pretty durable now.

Well its making me imagine Magnetized Discharge with a good Mag setup to have a lovely disarm setup, now that Mag won`t suffer from one shot pains anymore and her Polarize will make a nice recovery & stripping meme for her. Plus one will not need to rely on fracturing crush for some viability, due to how absurd armor scaling made skills that stripped fixed values instead of %s, kind of bad till now it seems.

Throw in the fact she can stay mobile with both abilities, i would like to think Disarm Mag is making a comeback if it was good a long time ago, with making non-infested units squishie and unable to use guns, likely almost or even better then Hildryn stripping a map.

....Though i guess it might help since people can`t 100% strip enemies anymore and C.P. got its balance pass finally.

Edited by Avienas

16 hours ago, Avienas said:

not sure myself either. didnt had alot of time to test it(also i have r3 aegis atm), as far as i can tell it felt faster than the old aegis, but we shall see what will happen. playin mag atm cz the shield buffs motivated me to try her out after alot of time.