Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Bramma Build inkl. faction damage and riven

(PSN)Midcall

Question

Hello, 

what would be the strogest build against infested, with a 60% heat bramma and a riven with

Damage 152.9

Crit Chance 132.7

Toxin 81.8

- zoom

Actually i have build Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Heavy Caliber Hunter Munitions and i assume Primed Bane of infested? I thought about bladed rounds or vigilante as other option here. 

10 answers to this question

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Traumtulpe:

I'd grab a cold Bramma and fuse it into yours; Makes for a nice build with Hunter Munitions.

Bane of the Infested, by the way, isn't a mod I'd ever use.

Oh, i always thought those bane mods are best choice if u fight against that faction

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

i always thought those bane mods are best choice if u fight against that faction

It depends, they were mostly used in combination with gas procs because of their disproportional effect on the damage over time. However the damage increase is unnecessary against Infested in the first place, and gas isn't even a functional damage type against them.

I'd roll with:

(Amalgam) Serration (Primed) Faction Mod Malignant Force Point Strike Vig Supplies
Split Chamber Infected Clip Thermite Rounds Vital Sense  

Potentially swap thermite rounds for vigilante arm if you want more damage at the cost of number of gas procs. That's only possible with a heat bramma, as you have, though.

Edit: OH. I forgot about the Riven. The Riven takes the place of Infected clip.

In the new system though, you potentially just want it to be viral/hunmun which is what I DO roll with:

(Amalgam) Serration (Primed) Faction Mod Hun Mun Point Strike Vig Supplies
Split Chamber Vigilante Arm. Primed Cryo Vital Sense  

Bladed rounds is an interesting and strong choice for either of these builds, likely taking the slot of vig armaments. If you have a heat bramma you'll also need infected clip for viral which would have to take the place of vig arm. Edit: The riven would take the slot of vigilante armaments for sure.

Faction mods are insane, btw. Not just for slash/gas procs. They add multiplicative after all other bonuses. When it says 30% bonus, it means 30% bonus, none of this "30% of base damage" crap!

49 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

gas isn't even a functional damage type against them

You should go try using a gas build against infested... Actually, I don't know how its proc works in the new mainline so I suppose it could be non-functional now which is even more reason to just viral/hm.

Edited by (NSW)Quarky
Woops! Forgot about the Riven.

Right before mainline update I ran 2 hour solo arbitration survival vs. infested with this blast build.

My bramma is ~60% toxic. Amalgam serration is behind the riven. Had 5/6 vigilante set bonus

Not sure how it would preform now with changes to blast. Assume you still get the 50% dmg bonus to Fossilized:  Ancient Disruptor, Ancient Healer, Toxic Ancient, Swarm-Mutalist MOA, Tar-Mutalist MOA, Boiler, Brood Mother, Phorid and Lephantis.

Zw476OT.jpg

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Berzerkules:

Right before mainline update I ran 2 hour solo arbitration survival vs. infested with this blast build.

My bramma is ~60% toxic. Amalgam serration is behind the riven. Had 5/6 vigilante set bonus

Not sure how it would preform now with changes to blast. Assume you still get the 50% dmg bonus to Fossilized:  Ancient Disruptor, Ancient Healer, Toxic Ancient, Swarm-Mutalist MOA, Tar-Mutalist MOA, Boiler, Brood Mother, Phorid and Lephantis.

Zw476OT.jpg

Why no Hunter Mumu ? I feel this mod is always good, does not matter the faction

21 hours ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

Why no Hunter Mumu ? I feel this mod is always good, does not matter the faction

Would rather one shot than let them bleed out. My Bramma is also toxic so i'd have no room if I built for blast. I left when I wasn't consistently one shotting. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Berzerkules:

Would rather one shot than let them bleed out. My Bramma is also toxic so i'd have no room if I built for blast. I left when I wasn't consistently one shotting. 

Can u tell me why u have not build for gas when u have toxin on your bramma ? For higher bleed procs , would u rather choose heavy caliber or bladed rounds? (My build already has 2 pure damage mods (Serration and 160 from riven), so i thought bladed rounds would be fine since my riven pushes the crit chance above  100)

10 hours ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

Can u tell me why u have not build for gas when u have toxin on your bramma ?

Before the update, if you were building for Gas you would decidedly not want Toxin (Fire instead) as a base element on the weapon. Because the base damage was included in the damage calculation regardless, but modded Fire damage wasn't.

Not that this is relevant anymore, with Gas being dead and all.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

Can u tell me why u have not build for gas when u have toxin on your bramma ? For higher bleed procs , would u rather choose heavy caliber or bladed rounds? (My build already has 2 pure damage mods (Serration and 160 from riven), so i thought bladed rounds would be fine since my riven pushes the crit chance above  100)

I don't build for gas vs infested since it does 75% damage to Infested - Chargers, Runners, and Leapers. And 50% vs Infested Flesh - Volatile Runners, Mutalist Osprey and Crawler-type enemies. These are the weaker infested enemies. I would rather build for more damage to the tougher Fossilized - Ancient Disruptor, Ancient Healer, Toxic Ancient, Swarm-Mutalist MOA, Tar-Mutalist MOA, Boiler, Brood Mother, Phorid and Lephantis. It worked especially well on primaries since we have primed cryo rounds. Before the update blast also provided some crowd control in the off chance I didn't one shot them. 

As for hunter munitions on a Bramma vs. infested I don't think you would notice any bleed procs until lvl 200+. Kind of hard to test if you have to play an hour or two before you can tell if it works or not. Personally, I've never been a fan of any of the acolyte mods. I prefer consistent damage output without having to jump through hoops to min/max a build. 

Edited by Berzerkules