Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Futuristic motorcycle-looking Helmet (at least the Glass in front),

Female Frame with Long Hair-Looking fiber (We just need a Warframe with hair!)

Frame has 2 separate customizable ability energy colors.

Most noticeable thing about the Frame is that she has an Earring on one side of her head that glows with 1 of 2 energy colors depending on which one of the two personalities is currently in control of the Warframe, Former owners were a pair of Twin Sisters. Ballistics Expert and Close Combat Expert.

Ballistics has a Handcannon and Close Combat has a long piece of Fabric or Cloth (Kinda like a Scarf) with a Claw on each end.

I hope soo you will read this,because i will write you on russian,because my english not very well.

Моя идея варфрейма,это варфрейм завязанный на механике боеприпасов в игре.То есть у нас есть варфрейм имеющий энергию от щитов(хильдрин),есть от здоровья(гаруда),а как насчет энергия от боеприпасов? Подумайте просто,варфрейм повелевающий боеприпасами! Да,звучит нелепо но у меня есть примерные идеи того как он должен работать. 

Для начала я думаю что это будет варфрейм мужского пола,размеры которого будут примерно такие же как у рино,на спине будут ракетные установки,возможно ленты с боеприпасами,ну то есть внешний вид небольшого шагающего танка,образно говоря. Имя я ему еще не придумал,должно быть что-то брутальное,что-то вроде ragster. Если говорить про способности то я придумал следующее.....

1 Cпособность. Конвертирует патроны в энергию,при этом у текущего оружия мгновенно опустошиться магазин и патроны будут преобразованы в энергию,по механике будет похоже на третью способность гаруды,больше патронов поглощается - больше энергий будет! Это в теорий должно вернуть популярность модам на емкость магазина и всяким емким пушкам,типо супры или цестр.

2 Cпособность. "Фортификатор". По сути способность позволяющая расставлять всякие защитные сооружения,например щиты которыми можно закрывать проходы(само собой прочность их будет ограничена),турели различной направленности или стационарные орудия,которые можно будет снять с треноги и использовать как тяжелое оружие(оружие может модифицироваться отдельно). Вообщем любителям Tower defence наверняка понравиться! Главное не делать их полностью автономными иначе это АФК геймплей.

3 Способность "Патронташ". Представляет собой селф-бафф способность которая модифицирует оружие разными боеприпасами,каждый вид боеприпасов имеет свои плюсы и минусы,плюсы и минусы будут расти с рангом и модами на силу! К примеру: Экспансивные боеприпасы. Гарантирует 100% шанс статуса доминирующей стихий на текущем вооружений но при этом общий урон оружия падает на 30%.Взрывные боеприпасы,добавляют стихию взрыва и небольшой аое урон(увеличивается модами на радиус),но при этом снижая скорострельность оружия и увеличивая расход боеприпасов на выстрел. Крупнокалиберные боеприпасы. Добавляют урон и пробитие через стены и врагов,но снижают точность и увеличивают отдачу. Способность будет похожа на колчан ивары.

4 Способность "Режим танка". По сути эта способность в буквальном смысле делает из варфрейма танк,эта способность добавляет брони,установки на спине переходят в боевой режим а варфрейм достает тяжелое оружие,великое оружие,я лично просто мечтаю чтобы это был миниган,вот просто миниган,очень скорострельный,с высоким разбросом,отдачей, и вращающимися стволами,однако способность замедляет движение,некоторые маневры становятся недоступными а прыжки и дальнейшее приземление сбивает врагов с ног,главное ограничение способности будет в количестве зарядов к орудиям,чем больше энергий было потрачено на использование способностей,тем больше будет патронов,при этом энергия будет заканчиваться с течением времени как у всех потоковых способностей,оружие можно будет перезарядить только за энергию,то есть если в установках и пулемете закончатся патроны то чтобы получить еще,нужно будет потратить энергию на перезарядку,установки будут иметь срок отката после выстрела,они будут альтернативной атакой в ульте. Использование первой и третьей способностей будет блокировано.

Я расписал способности чтобы было больше понятно что хотелось бы увидеть в этом варфрейме. Пассивную способность и статы варфрейма я думаю придут позже. Если конечно кого то заинтересует идея варфрейма-танка-шагохода-терминатора который завязан на механике боеприпасов.

We are always talking about dreams, and second dream and, stolen dreams so why not make a dream themed Warframe? 

A Warframe that would be able to manipulate dreams using the energy of the void. He/She could be like a Sweet Dream to the allies, but a Nightmare to the foes

Maybe this Warframe could have been created to protect the sleeping Tenno, both their bodies and their minds. But since Lotus brought Lua to the void and the Tenno where safe (for now) this Warframe wasn't needed anymore so it joined the fellow Tenno in slumber. But now that Lua is back and being attacked by enemies forces, and the Tenno that didn't wake up yet are in danger. This Warframe will rise up again to defend the masters and defeat the foes using the power of dreams.

The places to farm the frame would probably be on Lua and maybe in Nightmare mode.

I can think of some abilities to help see the Warframe, even though the official abilities will be chosen afterwards.

1. Putting yourself in a restful slumber to heal yourself and take back some energy (You wouldn't be able to move and would be vunerable to attacks but maybe have some armor buff for the time).

2. Maybe merge dream and reality in some way, that one I have no idea but I'm pretty sure that someone could work with that cool concept.

3. Sleep based ability? I know that there are now 3 Warframes with that ability (Equinox, Ivara, Baruuk) but i feel like it would fit like a glove with this Warframe, would just have to think about a new and creative way to put enemies to sleep.

4. The ult could maybe be an astral projection, where you would lose control of your Warframe (like when you change to the operator) and would control instead a projection that would deal high damage to enemies.

The Hybrid Theory

My concept idea would be, start with the abilities and not rework them. However, piece them into a Warframe of choice. There are so many Warframes including abilities. Lets start to take what there is and combine them into: for lack of better words a “Hybrid” or sub-type Warframe.

For instance combine two Warframe abilities into a 3rd or 4th ability, and/or, visa versa.

Finally, take what may look weak and make it stronger. Take what looks too strong and make it weak.

16 hours ago, DivadLegor said:

Make a Penguin Warframe. Because penguins.

I just want to say that I know this post was first but I really want a penguin frame so I thought I would make a more in depth post.

I agree with this guy. I think It would be really cool to have a penguin warframe. The story could be that the operator as a child really liked penguins and carried that love into adulthood. The character would be slow in general but could have an ability to toboggin going very fast and maybe dealing some damage. His special weapon could be dual swords that look like flippers and maybe have some innate frost damage. His passive could have something to do with him taking damage differently depending on if he gets hit from the front or the back (the white or black side). 

15 часов назад, Cixue сказал:

Spider Queen Warframe: Arachna

A warframe with eight legs, the result of a mad experiment using an infested spider queen and a Tenno criminal's frame. When the Tenno did their best to maintain their sanity it resulted in a merge of consciousness with the Queen, the perfect mix between instinct and thought,patience and savagery, the deadliest hunter. 

Passive: Eight legs are better than two; This frame can walk on walls and ceilings as if though they're obeying gravity, unable to double jump but can hold the spacebar to jump three times the normal jumping height.

Ability 1: Shoot binding webs that can cover surfaces and enemies, surfaces will become sticky making enemies unable to move if touched, if webs are shot at enemies the enemies will become encased in webs for a certain duration. Holding down this ability will allow a line of webbing to extend from Arachna to the surface, creating a grappling line, if the web hangs from a ceiling it can be swung across.

Ability 2: Archna releases webbing wherever she walks for a certain duration, jumping from one surface or another will extend the webbing, creating walls. Three different types of webbing can be cycled when this ability is used, Steel Thread (durable and perfect for blocking away enemies, unfortunately it looses the ability to make enmies stick to it), Poisonous Thread (This thread is very fragile, dissolving upon touch into a poisonous gas), Sticky Thread (can hold enemies in place for a certain duration once an enemy touches it, can only hold a certain amount of enemies before losing its effect).

Ability 3: Arachna releases a buff to friendly units, increasing armor with steel threads and coating weapons in spider venom. If there are spiders from her fourth ability then they will receive these buffs as well, extending the range of this buff.

Ability 4: Arachna calls upon her children, spawning spiderlings from all the webs that she has placed, which will then seek out nearby enemies causing poison damage and paralysis. If there are enemies caught in her webs, these enemies will be eaten, spawning larger and tougher spiders.

Hehe ... What the hell! ??? (╯ರ ~ ರ)╯︵ ┻━┻

Since the Tenno are inspired by the cultures of the Orient, a Shogun-themed Warframe would be appropriate. They would focus on killing enemies with their Exalted weapon to create permanent thralls (limited by a cap) and use their abilities to buff said thralls. Survivability is provided in the form of an autoparry passive ability that works with any equipped weapon or piece of gear (does not interrupt or affect any other actions, with the parrying being performed by "extra arms made of energy" of sorts). The autoparry is affected by melee blocking Mods.

A Drone Themed Warframe

The Frame would have an exalted weapon, it would be it's very own Sentinel (like how Khora has a Kavat). The Frame's abilities would come from the Sentinel/Drone itself instead of the actual Frame. Abilities examples could be something like this...

Ability A : Surveillance Drone -- It would send out a pulse wave that would detect enemies up to a certain range (depending on Rang Mods), either marking them on the minimap or highlighting them (or both) for the entire squad.

Ability B : Healing Drone -- It would heal the player or squad either by draining the players energy or sealing heath from nearby enemies.

Ability C : Defensive Drone -- It would give the player in a Shield Bubble, similar to Nullifiers. The bubble could either be heath based (like Frost's Snow Globe) or have a timer.

Ability D : Attack Drone -- It could either call in a Drone Strike to a marked area or you could mark enemies & when activated the drone would attack the marked enemies, similar to Ash's Blade Storm.

Hopefully this Theme hasn't already been mentioned, I don't have time to go though 100+ pages to find out. lol

Good luck everybody & may the best theme win.

20 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

Why not a warframe that is like a sentient and its back story could be it was made to destroy umbra or smth. Its a fighter frame that is fast and strong but has weak shields (because sentients dont have shields) or it could be another just health frame. Its design can be like valkyr a warframe with attachments on them symbolizing their experience of what they went through to be a sentient like warframe

Many great empires of history employed "disinterested" peoples to fill in the ranks of elite units close to the Imperial Authority i.e. Varangians, Praetorian Gaurds, Janissaries. The Tenno are the elite army of the Orokin, and I would not be surprised if some high ranking members of the Orokin kept Tenno as personal guards and informants. Saying this I think it would be really cool if we got a frame that was born from being extremely close to the Imperial Authority of the Orokin. A frame designed to encapsulate the dignified strength and majesty of an Empire.

I'm unsure as to what to call the theme exactly, but I suppose it could be as simple as something like Orokin-Frame, but I think a better more pointed name would like a Janissary-Frame or Kuva-Frame

I'd love to see a warframe themed around a Kitsune, the 9-tailed trickster spirits of japanese myths. They were known for being tricky, often linked to stuff like will-o-wisps and possession, and upon growing all 9 tails would ascend to a higher being. Throwing nine tails onto the back of a warframe might look odd XD, but a similar feel could come into play with a passive that spawns little motes of light (up to nine) drifting behind her; to stack some sort of benefit or maybe amp up a 4 ability that is based around the idea of ascending (maybe some sort of super buff or massively damaging area attacks. Lots of options there.)

Mantis frame, because it's simple and it's a bug frame like Titania (I mean it's a bug with blades duh) I imagine having the mix look of both Limbo + Garuda but gives the vibe of Ash / Baruuk like some media(s) that have mantis-theme warriors. but I couldn't help to have another dream that it has a capoeira type of fighting style which means you have the blades on the legs instead on the arms and having abilities surrounding leg movements (like a Japanese karate-bug-man kick).

lunge attacks, Big Beady eyes.... ugh I keep slapping my face why an amazing space ninja game doesn't have a mantis theme frame in this 7 years (I know Loki has mantis alt and it's a landing craft) Heck Why No Grass Hopper / Locust in the game? don't down play "A Bug's Life" if you get this joke

I'm Seeing so many other amazing frame ideas (and some is OP as ++++, like time and black hole, friends we have Limbo) shout out to the community, you guys are fantastic.

PS: Spider and Reinhardt frame is my number two(s)

recon sniper frame. with passive being enemy once seen is forever seen even through walls. (need to actually put crosshair on it to work)

ability one (name can change but action not)(ability number can also change) echo- see through walls and temporarily mark enemies by highlighting them.(range limited by lvl)

ability two shade- temporarily become invisible and weapons are muted. (even blast damage)(duration limited by lvl)

ability 3 squeaker(don't laugh it's very useful)-single shot special ammo that places a beacon to attract any and all nearby enemies to it.(by being annoying hense name)(attract range and duration limited by lvl)

ability 4 snipe(uses all available energy)-auto target shot with special ammo single shot with punchthrough measured by energy consumed. (damage is consistent but can upgrade by upgrading frame lvl)

the frame would minimalist in regards to details, mostly smooth contours and looking like wearing cloak with hood that won't come off. base color scheme would be a very dark camo. 

Il y a 17 heures, GunMetalGn0LL a dit :

I'd really hope to see a sort of Gravity controlling Warframe, with abilities that could flip opponents upside down or launch enemies with a devastating AOE blast around it!

Yes! There's so much potential for a gravity themed warframe.

Archived