Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Theme: Customisation/Frankenstein's Monster = Modular warframe

If I think about what I enjoy most in warframe it's gotta be the action packed gameplay and customisation. At the end of the day however, customisation is what really pushes me to keep playing.

So far we can add mods to alter gameplay and we can customise the appearance to a certain degree but what if we bring it up a notch? A Warframe which parts you can alter, changing how it plays and looks. To avoid making other warframes obsolete it would need to have a set of abilities that doesn't change too drastically but gets altered depending on the parts you're using. Can obviously be altered even further with mods. For example the element an ability uses can change or go from melee to projectile. Sacrificing dmg for cc and stuff like that.

Maybe it could even go as far as allowing the player to choose what filter to apply to the sounds of abilities but I'm just being a bit crazy here. I realise how much work this would require so I doubt this will get chosen but maybe it's an something you'll think about for the future. I really think this is playing to Warframes greatest strengths :).

Depending on just how customisable it would be, it would bring a lot of replayability and would be a strong motivation to keep playing for veterans and newbies alike to try out all kinds of different combinations and look great doing it.

Dementia

Inspired by the Dementors from Harry Potter. Overall theme being nightmares, life-stealing, misery, immobilization.  

"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them... Get too near a Dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. If it can, the Dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself... soulless and evil. You will be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life."
Remus Lupin's description of Dementors[src]

**I've read lots of requests for a summoner class as well and this frame could fulfill that role additionally by life stealing enemies to be summoned as additional dementors to torture the enemy. Since the dementors often appeared to attack in a pack-style in the films. This could be worked into this frames abilities.**  

Look & Feel:  is a gliding, wraithlike dark creature, widely considered to be one of the foulest to inhabit the world. Dementors feed on happiness and thus generate feelings of depression and despair in any person in close proximity to them.

Hallmark abilities:  'kiss' (from the HP Films) an immobilizing life steal not terribly far off Inarius' devour. What could differentiate it would be the completion of the kiss spawns a specter.

Infesting Despair: successfully devouring the life force of an enemy spawns a specter of Dimentia that attempts to immobilize and kiss another enemy. (Enemies kissed by spectres do not spawn more specters.) 

Surround: Command all created specters to attack your target.

Outside of Azkaban, Dementors appear to hunt for prey in groups of variable size, from as small as two to as large as greater than twenty. They appear to attack by first surrounding their targets, cutting off any escape, then descending upon them all at once to feed.

Decay: Aura skill that dims the lighting and spreads a cold debuff around Dementia that slows the enemies movements and lowers accuracy and detection.

"He felt the unnatural cold begin to steal over the street. Light was sucked from the environment right up to the stars, which vanished... The cold was biting deeper and deeper into Harry's flesh... Then, around the corner, gliding noiselessly, came Dementors, ten or more of them, visible because they were of a denser darkness than their surroundings, with their black cloaks and their scabbed and rotting hands.

I think Demenita would be a terrific addition to the Warframe lineup & offer her own flavor but still fit right into the Universe and pay homage to one of the greatest works of fantasy fiction of our time and JK Rowlings Harry Potter series.

I I think 

24 minutes ago, aragorn001 said:

Tenno cyber-samurai, head in the form of a helmet with a mask oni, red glowing eyes, tubes in the form of hair come out from under the helmet, the body is covered with plate armor, haori is dressed on top, the hands are similar to human ones, covered with pulsating tubes like veins, on the legs of trousers, and leggings, everything has a tubular illumination

Don't we already have excalibur zato skin for that?

Frame that turns into a stationary turret with huge damage with different types of weapons (missiles, machine guns, lasers). There are also different sets of abilities in different modes to switch between weapon types(frame and turret).
In frame mode, small automatic turrets on the shoulders or something similar.

A warframe based off it's limbs being separated, or able to be separated. Like Monsoon from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, or Janus from Smite. His passive would be that when he is stunned, his body pieces shatter across say 30 meters, making him invulnerable and damaging anything in the way, then instantly retracting. 30 second cooldown. 1: launches his fingers in a shotgun pattern, pushing enemies, and then pulling them back on return. 2: He moves his body parts into a shield formation, and becomes a living shield with no movement, but invincibility. Drains too, like Oberons 3. 3: modifies next 3 attacks to make enemies have their limbs all split, lasting until they die, BUT, they are invulnerable for 15 seconds, and when the warframe uses any of the abilities that involve limb-launching/separating/or pushing, they do it too in the same direction. 4: all his limbs become homing piercing projectiles, each killing as many enemies in 30m possible, draining 10 energy per second

A sentient warframe.

Personaliy, Gauss and Grendel was cool with their related stories, and make same with sentients can be cool.

Personally, i see the sentients as a big army. So we can imagine something like that: Revenant is a "general" who recruit ennemies, and the next warframe could be the heavy artillery part of this army. An imposing sentient warframe who protect his team.

Maybe a warframe that can instill everything there is? Perhaps, even in any place, he can absorb enemies from the inside, crowd (this will be swift), the allies increase speed or strength, and they simply move as they want. 1 - This is all that is needed, if it is already in someone / something, that the re-conversion will do everything possible as soon as it can be selected due to victims, so choose a new one. At the beginning of the screen it gets darker than the closer to the enemy the greater his display. 2 - this is the elderly / symbiotic, increased failure and an increase in the percentage of max. health, and in an ally gives speed to stamina and damage. 3 - explosion. in enemies sweeps in equal parts from Max. health, enemies, the union is healed, 4 years, when you can enter and be digested. if in alliance or enemy, then the enemy becomes a meat-domed flower, an ally of the tentacle piercing the enemies. I hope this idea was interesting!)

Aris, the warmonger:

A tall, menacing war master who is able to equip and wield 2 primary weapons at once, however he is unable to wield melee weapons. Aris is able to manifest spectral hands in order to fire and reload 2 weapons at once. His play style would be very frontal and is able to stand his ground against enemy fire with abilities that suit a tank frame as well as a means to manage ammo reserves (think Doom ammo drops from chainsaw kills) as enemies fall before him.

18 hours ago, Darkened-end said:

Id like to see a type of frame that was created by the grineer or corpus but then turned on its creators and joined the tenno

For this to happen there must be someone on their sides able to use transference isnt it? Maybe one thats mechanically enhanced by them but we steal the parts and make our own version.

Warframe which can  control space power . I try to explain. 

His skills

1) Stars down 

many little starts down 😄

2)Gravity

he can attract and repel enemy

3)Geomagnetic activity

4)BlackHole

Create BlackHole

Name's warframe is NEKSI :d

(I apologize for any errors)

FENREN:

The main idea of the frame is to be a morphing/shape shifting character with multiple sets of abilities focused on three main aspects of game-play.

Firstly, stealth abilities, which we would name the set ‘Kavat’ form.

Next is DPS buffs and such, which the set would be named ‘Condroc’ form.

And last will be Tank, which will have a set named after our good ‘ol pupper, Kubrow.

A system that works like the Flower Wheel Wisp has too change which flower she deploys, would probably work best for the form swapping in our opinion and as a passive could be for example, brief invulnerability during the form swap.

The important point behind this frame is that, well we don’t have anything like it, yes a frame you mod differently based on mission type or whatever is fine but being able to swap them out on the fly to suit whatever type of play-style or purpose you need this frame for would be amazing.

Thanks and much love ❤️

What about a frame that uses alchemy (transmutation). So basically the frame would draw power from it's environment and "convert" the ground/walls into things that help the players. Trap enemies in a cage, shoot them with a cannon, pillars shoot out of the ground and go attack enemies, fabricate armor, and so on and so forth. What could make the idea interesting in my opinion is that traditionally you have to give something up to transmute something into another form. Generally that comes in the form of energy that you as the caster put into the transmutation and, notably, the transmuted thing leaves a barren spot where it was created from. In example, say you transmute a sword out of the wall, well you "took" material from the wall so in all practicality there should be a chunk of the wall gone. Basically you are destroying something to create something else.

Now I'm no fool, I know the idea of destroying bits and pieces of the environment is unworkable but what if the frame stored that "cost." What if the frame internalized that destructive cost that would normally come with trasmutation and stored it for later use. It could work a bit like nidus stacks but instead of stacks to 30 maybe 5 levels of owed destruction. This could manifest as slight debuffs to the frame/player, since you are essentially storing destructive energy. Maybe you lose 2% power, range, duration, and efficiency for every level built. Something noticably but unobtrusive. Then, when the player wants, they pay what is owed. Could take the form of a black hole that just destroys enemies till the debt is paid, could be fissures in the ground and hellfire rising up (the destruction being the amount of instability that would lead to such an event), it could even be an area of effect emanating from the frame itself dealing damage based on the level of owed destruction.

Lots of design space to play with and to my recollection there isn't a frame that stores and uses a resource where building the resource has some kind of drawback.

Could be fun 🙂

A "weapon master" melee focused warframe. In comparison to mesa, this warframe would receive bonuses for not using guns, possibly differing with the type of weapon. The ability to equip a melee weapon in the primary and secondary slots so you can change between fighting styles mid-fight would be an interesting change in the kind of combat a melee player can experience. Possibly using the melee, fire, and aim buttons to have easy access to all three weapons at once. I imagine their abilities focusing on getting the most out of a given weapon, allowing a player to go beyond what would normally be possible for a given play stile.

Archived