Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I would love to see a Viking/Thor type frame with an exalted hammer weapon and some cold and electric based abilities. Maybe tank stats and a passive that increases his damage based on the number of enemies nearby.

I thought about it for awhile and did my best to consider what theme we don’t already have and I eventually decided on...

a rune based frame that uses orokin runes to create things and effects which can be modified at the arsenal for a wide, diverse amount of combinations and to appeal to different play styles.

The runes could be applied to weapons to grant new bonuses and effects or used on a surface to say, place a trap or maybe a wall for defensive missions.

I don’t have much of an idea for a backstory but I can only say that this frame would utilise the ancient orokin runes for creation and many other effects left to the Tenno (the players) imagination as a base theme

Name: Batil (means void in arabic)

Description: A shadow frame with a close bond to the void itself

It would be really cool if we could get a frame that has a connection to the man in the wall or maybe even changed by him(while Rell used Harrow against the void,i want this frame to embrace it completely), like to hear him in our heads even in missions.And i think that if you guys make a quest for such a frame, it could be as a prologue, or even related to the Duviri Paradox stuff.... cuz... VOID

For abilities ,i was thinking :                                                                                         

1.Possession(i have seen this idea before but i rly do think it would make him unique) for enemies primarely, but to also even work on fellow Tenno(not to take control of them but to just live in their shadow ,to buff them like give them more power str, and maybe even aid them with attacks within a certain range). 

2.Could be different buffs to apply to the ally or target you are possessing

3.Shadow walk-invisibility and increased movement speed but you are tied to the ground

4.Total darkness-like a wave of darkness that expands(kinda like Nova's molecular prime) and makes thing inside monochrome, and enemies wont see you unless you are rly close. 

And as for appearance, i don't have many ideas , maybe something akin to an assassin meets man in the wall level of creepiness.

姓名:龙
背景故事:作为在远古战争之前极少数存在的特殊类型战甲,龙拥有极其强大的近战肉搏能力,但是与此相对的,拥有强大实力的他们却对使用武器嗤之以鼻,这也是他们越来越稀少的最主要原因。
Name:Long (Means "Dragon"in chinese Pinyin)
Background Story:As a very few special type of warframe existed before the Old War,the Long had extremely powerful melee fighting ability, but on the contrary, the powerful
ones were sneering at the use of weapons, which was also the main reason why they weremore and more rare.

被动技能:赤手空拳的功夫大师
作为一名纯肉搏型的战甲,龙必须不装备任何武器才能发挥自己技能的最大能力。每少装备一件武器获得33%技能强度以及属性提升(包括护甲、护盾、血量),最多可获得100%提升。使用1技能可积累特殊资源“气”以用来释放2、3、4技能。

Passive Ability: Bare-handed Kungfu Master
As a pure melee type warframe,long must be unarmed to maximize his power of Abilitys.When equip one weapon less,he can gain 33% more Ability strength and attribute(include armor,shield,HP) ,which is max to 100% more.Use 1 Ability to accumulate special resources names "KI" for casting 2/3/4 Ability.

技能一

单击可使单手发出气功状发射物,连续点击可使双手交替发出,点击不放数秒后再放出可使双手聚气发出威力、范围更大,射程更远的气功,但相应的耗费的蓝也更多。

Ability 1
PO (Means Break in Chinese)
Click one time to cast Qigong missiles,Continuous Click can make two hands cast Qigong missiles by turn quickly,click it for a few seconds and then release it, which can make the hands gather Qigong to cast out more power, scope and range, but the corresponding cost of Mp is much more.

技能二

用拳头重击地面形成震击伤害,将震击范围内的敌人拉到你身旁,并且将敌人损失的护盾以一定比例返还给战甲,能在空中使用。

Ability 2 
NING (Means gather or coagulation in Chinese)
Hit the ground with your fist to form a shock damage.Pull the enemies within the shock attack range to your side,then the shield enemys lost will be return to your warframe.This Ability can be used in air.

技能三

使用技能后进入标记模式,标记敌人后再次点击技能可以使战甲在敌人目标间进行突刺(随着连击数的增加,表现也不同,比如拳击、肘击、飞踢等等),技能等级越高可以标记的目标越多。

Ability 3
TU (Means charge or dash in Chinese)
After using the skill, you will enter the marking mode(just like ash's 4 ability.)After marking the enemy, click the ability again to make your warframe charge move between enemy,(as the combos increase,warframe would do different performance just like Boxing,elbow, flying kick and etc.)The higher the ability level, the more targets you can mark

技能四

选中目标后使用技能可以对目标进行瞬间的多重连击,非BOSS目标会有特殊的处决效果,敌人护甲、
生命越高,所能造成的伤害越高。

Ability 4
FA (Means blast,burst,blow up in Chinese)

After selecting the target, you can use the ability to attack the enemy For an instant.If it's a non boss targets, it will have a special execution moves. The more armor and HP the enemy has, the more damage it can cause.

Phoenix frame
Support/Survival frame
Focus on death/sacrifice of health/shields/armour to boost team
Some ideas for the abilities:
Passive: Revived allies have a 40% damage bonus upon being revived for 10 seconds

Ranged revive (triggers passive but for half duration, maybe boosted by duration of warframe)

Instantly drain all of the player's health, shields, and armour. Heal allies by the amount drained multiplied by x. Grant player immortality during ability cast and for a short duration afterwards (duration of immortality increased by amount healed?)

2 часа назад, zorgpro2013 сказал:

I hope soo you will read this,because i will write you on russian,because my english not very well.

Моя идея варфрейма,это варфрейм завязанный на механике боеприпасов в игре.То есть у нас есть варфрейм имеющий энергию от щитов(хильдрин),есть от здоровья(гаруда),а как насчет энергия от боеприпасов? Подумайте просто,варфрейм повелевающий боеприпасами! Да,звучит нелепо но у меня есть примерные идеи того как он должен работать. 

Для начала я думаю что это будет варфрейм мужского пола,размеры которого будут примерно такие же как у рино,на спине будут ракетные установки,возможно ленты с боеприпасами,ну то есть внешний вид небольшого шагающего танка,образно говоря. Имя я ему еще не придумал,должно быть что-то брутальное,что-то вроде ragster. Если говорить про способности то я придумал следующее.....

1 Cпособность. Конвертирует патроны в энергию,при этом у текущего оружия мгновенно опустошиться магазин и патроны будут преобразованы в энергию,по механике будет похоже на третью способность гаруды,больше патронов поглощается - больше энергий будет! Это в теорий должно вернуть популярность модам на емкость магазина и всяким емким пушкам,типо супры или цестр.

2 Cпособность. "Фортификатор". По сути способность позволяющая расставлять всякие защитные сооружения,например щиты которыми можно закрывать проходы(само собой прочность их будет ограничена),турели различной направленности или стационарные орудия,которые можно будет снять с треноги и использовать как тяжелое оружие(оружие может модифицироваться отдельно). Вообщем любителям Tower defence наверняка понравиться! Главное не делать их полностью автономными иначе это АФК геймплей.

3 Способность "Патронташ". Представляет собой селф-бафф способность которая модифицирует оружие разными боеприпасами,каждый вид боеприпасов имеет свои плюсы и минусы,плюсы и минусы будут расти с рангом и модами на силу! К примеру: Экспансивные боеприпасы. Гарантирует 100% шанс статуса доминирующей стихий на текущем вооружений но при этом общий урон оружия падает на 30%.Взрывные боеприпасы,добавляют стихию взрыва и небольшой аое урон(увеличивается модами на радиус),но при этом снижая скорострельность оружия и увеличивая расход боеприпасов на выстрел. Крупнокалиберные боеприпасы. Добавляют урон и пробитие через стены и врагов,но снижают точность и увеличивают отдачу. Способность будет похожа на колчан ивары.

4 Способность "Режим танка". По сути эта способность в буквальном смысле делает из варфрейма танк,эта способность добавляет брони,установки на спине переходят в боевой режим а варфрейм достает тяжелое оружие,великое оружие,я лично просто мечтаю чтобы это был миниган,вот просто миниган,очень скорострельный,с высоким разбросом,отдачей, и вращающимися стволами,однако способность замедляет движение,некоторые маневры становятся недоступными а прыжки и дальнейшее приземление сбивает врагов с ног,главное ограничение способности будет в количестве зарядов к орудиям,чем больше энергий было потрачено на использование способностей,тем больше будет патронов,при этом энергия будет заканчиваться с течением времени как у всех потоковых способностей,оружие можно будет перезарядить только за энергию,то есть если в установках и пулемете закончатся патроны то чтобы получить еще,нужно будет потратить энергию на перезарядку,установки будут иметь срок отката после выстрела,они будут альтернативной атакой в ульте. Использование первой и третьей способностей будет блокировано.

Я расписал способности чтобы было больше понятно что хотелось бы увидеть в этом варфрейме. Пассивную способность и статы варфрейма я думаю придут позже. Если конечно кого то заинтересует идея варфрейма-танка-шагохода-терминатора который завязан на механике боеприпасов.

Ща введу новый фрейм у нее боеприпасы хп и сферы жизни падать будут

Warframe and Railjack.

In really first: I apologize for the clumsy English, cause I dont know English. Special thanks to google

Onwards – Brief concept:

Lore: My idea in warframe wich is a merger of the commander of the Railjack with the ship cephalon and the remaining infected shipwrecks after a major battle.

Appearance: The look of the warframe is technologically advanced, but without angular shapes. The energy core of the railjack in the abdominal cavity is noticeable, and there are hints of ship cephalon consciousness in the head (some cephalon interfaces)

Abilities: Build on adaptation with the systems of railjack. There is, however, a difference between regular abilities and in railjack abilities. Switching is assumed like Equinox. At the same time, ordinary abilities should be effective on ordinary missions, and I propose a solution with a game from a small army of now-practically unused specters – it looks like a Nekros, but with specters that non die with time and have different abilities depending on the fit up type (and enhanced by warframe abilities in n times).

Onwards – an explanatory note with a more detailed description:

The game already has many different warframes, some of which have taken their place in certain game niches. Yep, to each his own, however, from the point of view of efficiency – this is so. By this, I want to say that the competition for the player’s attention is quite big, so personally I want to get not only an interesting concept, but a frame that could be:

1 – unique (in terms of subjective similarity and playing role)

2 – playable (in terms of efficiency and convenience)

3 – competitively free (not crowding out existing DDs, supports and tanks) [spoiler – I’ll violate this rule myself]

From here I see two solutions:

1 – Sentients

2 – Railjack

The first solution is relevant and there is some similarity (Revenant, but this is a bit different), however, developers know this point of view and understand it better than me and the players, I think.

The second is my suggestion: release a new frame in relation to new content – railjack. Based on this thought, I have ideas for his appearance, lore and abilities, which ideologically intersect with each other. However, I will not completely dismiss the first option, putting the alternative (first) solution in [square brackets].

Lore.

There were many battles involving railjack, and their scale was different. In one of the large-scale battles, the defenders of the solar system suffered heavy losses, and the wreckage of a large number of ships remained drifting next to each other in an alienated forgotten cluster.

Some of the ship's cores remained active, one of the cephalons retained its functions. The task of the cephalon was to maintain the functions of the cryo-capsules of a handful of survivors in this massacre, who were locked up in the wreckage of theirs ships that were no longer capable of any action.

Time passed, and energy is finite. Capsules were disconnected one after another, based on the hierarchy of personnel. Gradually, infestation began to appear. Here we recall the story of the Golem Jordas, but in a slightly different way. At a certain moment, only one active capsule (commander’s) remained, while the cephalon acquired some additional functionality for all the time that infestation metamorphoses were going on. In the last rush of the mind, cephalon creates a synergy from the flesh and mind of the last member of the team with his own cephalon mind and the surrounding mass of debris from infected railjacks, including the last unbroken core.

[an alternative version of lore for the first decision combines, together with the fragments of a railjack, the wreckage of sentients ships and some succession with their technologies]

Appearance.

I don’t know how to draw or modeling, but I suggest that inspiration comes from the lore.

The energy core of the railjack is locked in the body of this warframe (which is clearly visible), and in his mind, in addition to the sleeping human mind, there is a cephalon.

Since it was created from the wreckage of ships, I would suggest the modularity of this warframe, adaptability – it can rebuild itself, taking as a basis either a railjack, or Corpus ships, or Grineer. However, this is most likely difficult to implement, since, in fact, there are three warframes in one and with some differences in abilities. Therefore, I propose to dwell on one option of continuity with a railjack [or sentients].

Thus, the concept is that the type of warframe is technological, but without angular shapes, the energy core in the abdominal cavity is noticeable, and there are hints of cephalon consciousness in the head (some cephalon interfaces)

[or Corpus + sentient + railjack]

Abilities:

Abilities will vary depending on whether the warframe is in the railjack or not. It can be implemented as with Equinox.

Passive: gradually regenerates warframe energy and railjack flux energy (cose he have an railjack core inside)

[or inborn adaptation to damage and regeneration of flux energy]

1: Adapts warframe systems (switching between regular abilities and in railjack abilities)

Regular abilities:

2: Streaming ability (spent only on shots). Summons an automatic rifle that shoots a stream of energy in the direction of the shot with AoE damage

[the same, only visually the weapon resembles a Shedu]

3:?

4: Summons amplified specter (including gain in quantity), which are pre-crafted in the forge (any) and placed in special equipment slots (you can choose whom to call like Wisp Reservoirs).

In railjack:

2: Streaming ability, but no energy wasted. Pressing selects either simultaneous firing from the side and nose turrets, or firing from the front artillery cannon. After selection, activation occurs by clamping the same ability. The ability only applies to the pilot and he can choose, for example, shoot from a turret or shoot from frontal artillery by pressing alternative fire.

3 :?

4: Summons special spectra that are distributed on the railjack and help repel the attacks of paratroopers or repair the ship.

[in the first solution variant with sentient, ability 4 is transferred to 3, while ability 4 itself is not defined until the player inserts a syndicate mod into the fit (syndicate mod of any other warframe). Thus, in this option, the warframe adapts to use almost any fourth ability of the existing warframes]

don't beat me: no criticism, only yes or no - rather no, so look further

I'd love to see something like a shield-maiden.

I think this could be another one of the "non stadard female warframe body type" warframes. With a little more bulk, to fit her warrior esthetic.
She would wear high leather "boots", a, like thick cloth looking fabrick at the legs. Her torso would be covered by a long chain- or scale mail reaching far over her shoulders and hips. Maybe a leather or metal chest plate would cover just the torso. On her arms, from where the chain/scale mail would end, to her ellbows she would have more cloth like on the legs and her forarmes would be protected by leather or metal vambraces fitting her chest armor. To finish the look of she would have a winged helmet or something along those lines.

I don't know how to end this post...

kthxbye :^)

A more basic "Gunplatform" frame (Call him/her Havoc?)

Think abilities like:

* Short duration gunbooster (unlimited ammo, high rate of fire, that kind of stuff)

* Some basic kind of protection (think Frost Eximus' protective self-bubble, only protecting against ranged attacks coming from outside the globe)

* Rocket barrage (similar to Odanata's #3 (Seeking Fire), launched from the shouldermounted launchers, gundam style - shoots without any animation lock, so it's easy to use on the run), which has decent damage and good debuffing (so it has a use with your running and gunning)

* Exalted minigun or laser gatling, with some cool altfire launcher of sorts. (Or maybe no Exalted weapon, so it is more about your own weapon choices?)

A Berserker Hunter themed based frame.

• Heavy build with a braided/ponytail hair and beard.
  • Signature weapon is an Axe.
  • Passive = Attack speed will increase if he/she get hit by enemies.
  • Can trace enemies and it will show their weak point.During this time he/she can be invisible.
  • Can summon a group of kubrows which is duration based ability.
  • Can turns himself/herself into a wolf/bear.
  • Can possessed enemies for a small duration of time (like warging in GOT)

Personally, for me, an fan of the game, who appreciates and loves his game for 6 years, there was always a lack of the concept of a warframe that had a really powerful machine gun. Don't get me wrong, Soma Prime is an amazing thing, but still, it's about a real heavyweight. A minigun. And who but the future warframe will occupy this wonderful niche? Personally, I believe that this way, the future warframe will be able to find its players, and even become a favorite for special connoisseurs.
But let's not get off the subject. The topics I would like to suggest are defense and attack. Warframe tactician who has the ability to both defend and attack, having in his Arsenal interesting ideas in the form of bulletproof shields that could change under the influence of different game situations. For example, this warframe could become an integral part of a team game or have its own builds for solo games.
The theme I chose is defense and attack. But it was chosen because in our time there are really a lot of excellent warframes (as well as their reworks) that began to look like an Assembly of several warframes at once.
My warframe will only focus on its core ability, which, depending on the situation, could become both defensive and attacking. And, of course, as the cherry on the cake and the highlight of my warframe machine gun at the ready, which will give the enemy a first-class alloy of ferrite.
Thank you, DE.

For a while I've had this concept floating around of a warframe that I call Ahriman that uses literal shadows as weapons either by manipulating his enemies shadows into spikes/traps/angry darkness creatures or by manipulating his own shadow to form blades and other various weapons kinda like Hella in thor ragnarok. Appearance wise I've always imagined him being tall and thin with a black and white colour scheme and a blank featureless face aside from one large glowing eye on his right side. His background is undecided at the moment because I'm not that good a writer but I did consider his personality/animation style and decided he would be very graceful and calm but with an occasional twitch showing a more vicious side beneath his usual composure (maybe he let's it out during his 3 or 4). So that is Ahriman I hope you liked him because he's been a brain baby of mine for years and it might be nice to see him become a real boy. 

Life Energy frame.

"No abilities" at this point but basic idea:

At least one offensive ability with lifesteal+increase max health, and then has support/healing effects that scale based on your max/current HP (and use health instead of energy).

The 'frame is built like a sturdy human, not a bodybuilder but clearly someone that puts in a lot of physical time. It has armor plating similar to most 'frames on its arms/forearms and below the waist (and head, probably) but the torso is all exposed musculature. Forearm plating has engravings (water themed?). Could bulk up as health scales.

It's personality would be fall somewhere between "monk dedicated to training" and "friendly gym bro". Ability animations have a disciplined, slightly ritual look to them, but idles would be more relaxed and friendly.

Battle flows like water, Tenno. Flow with it, draw power from it, crash down upon your enemies.

What about an amalgam frame? Like another Warframe Alad V tried to make that turned on him, made from corpus engineering and sentient technology. A being that is a perfect fusion between the two with the power to use sentient resistances and can summon drones to aid him and his allies. 

I think a black hole themed warframe sounds totally awesome! It could have a backstory/ description kinda like this: 

"Legend tells of a mysterious warframe originating from the depths of the universe. He struck fear in the hearts of even the bravest enemies with a horrific power capable of consuming everything... even light itself."

Here's a rough sketch for a sort of visual reference.   black_hole_warframe_by_artfullyawesome_d  

A Warframe that can Transform into other things? sort of like how the Liches can steal abilities maybe, like have an ability that steals the ability of a Warframe you're in a party with, or an ability that steals abilities from enemies, like the frost bubbles and health restoration of some Eximus, or the Nullifier bubbles but it turns off Eximus abilities or something.

Maybe as another ability, Werekubrow. since we've got a cat frame it could have an ability that transforms into a large Kubrow that gets a special maul attack or something and runs faster and jumps higher, has more armor, all that fun stuff. or it could just take on the aspects of the companion you bring into the mission rather than just Kubrows.

Maybe even have an ability that lets you drain the life of companions to restore your own. A Warframe based on betrayal of your allies in order to steal their abilities and steal life from your companions in order to make themselves stronger. Also just, a Werewolf or, well, Werekubrow, Warframe would look awesome. Robotic Dog Ninja, seriously.

Could be based off of the Orokin maybe experimenting with Kubrows at some point and deciding to try and augment them and it just got to the point where it became a Warframe. May the best idea win, i am confident that y'all will pick something awesome from all of these ideas posted so far, Congrats on 7 years!

How about a shadow like Warframe? I don't mean stealth. It could do things like become some form of shadow beast (A wolf maybe?), Some form of teleportation and maybe something to confuse the enemies into shooting each other.

A necromancer warframe that would bring teammates back to life as undead and apply buffs to them, example the teammate falls, the necromancer uses the first skill and revives it, and the second skill heals players who are under the effect of skill one, costing energy each time it heals and costing more energy for each player summoned or dividing the effect

Archived