Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

How bout a scrap looking warframe, that looks like a kid took scrap parts and made themselves a Warframe? 

Let it have abilitys which bring random intenseties. 

Let it go rouge now and then and kick you, the operator, out and run around rouge like Umbra just trying to kill stuff xD 

I came up with “Phantom” he’s sleek and supposed to be designed for stealth and close combat. Phantom is a smoke based character and a calm character but if pushed to his limits he will reek havoc by slashing and slaughtering many.

Passive: Disable
•When his shield is completely depleted he emanates smoke to protect himself.

•His smoke will jam or clog the guns and decays the melee weapons of enemies in range

Ability 1: Manhunt

•He emits a small ball of smoke that detects enemies and passes on after the death of an enemy but gets weaker as it passes on.

Ability 2: Ghastly

•Teleportation he can teleport from a certain distance and leaves a gas deadly to enemies to disperse. (3s)

Ability 3: Energy Ripple

•He makes smoke clones and they teleport to teammates and connect them to him for them to receive energy 

•Any damage taken gives energy to teammates

Ability 4: Shadowed Saber

•He concentrates smoke and creates a small double sided sword to exterminate any and all nearby enemies.PCL1044-2.jpg?v-cache=1537795109

I'd like to see a Houndmaster warframe, either with just one dedicated Kubrow to control, like Khora & Venari, or with the ability to unleash a pack of multiple Kubrows on his foes. I'd prefer the latter in my opinion, but either one would be awesome honestly

Here is perhaps an idea of a warframe made for survive and defense missions :

There could be a 2 forms system like for Equinox : Form "Stronghold" (or something that mentions higher performance by grouping up allies), Form "Survival" (or something that mentions the lonely survive ability).

1st power : changes form (no 20s boost like equinox)

2nd power

- Stronghold = Boosts allies and your armor/HP/shield by - for every ally in a range of X meters

- Survival = Lows every enemy attack by - for each ennemy in a range of Y meters (maybe Y>X because ennemies can annoy from long distance)

3rd power : 

- Stronghold = Boosts allies and your attack/mobility by - for each ally in a range of X meters

- Survival = Lows every enemy defense by - for each enemy in a range of Y meters

4th power :

- Stronghold = "Explosion" (I mean it touches a circled zone around you) which deals - damages to each enemies touched for each allies in a range of X meters when you cast the spell. A percentage of dealt damages is converted into HP and redistributed equitably between you and others allied warframes (ally =/= warframe exactly)

- Survival = Same thing but for each enemies in a range of Y meters. Instead of converting damages into HP, it creates a Rhino's like armor for you.

Passive skill : Stronghold form uses less energy for a power for each ally in a range of X meters, Survival maybe does the same with enemies but maybe boosts armor or something instead.

The 2nd and 3rd spells are like equinox's 3rd, the spell uses energy in the time, maybe a lot to balance it a bit.

A diplomat looking type with perhaps a armor/robe look. Very calm, collected, & overall very elegant. The twist is that they use ethereal arms to fight people without moving much themselves. So while they're walking down a hallway very calm to "talk" to the grineer commander they have ghostly arms wielding their guns firing at everybody else in the room. Huge ghost fists crushing enemies into the ground & more blocking bullets. Could give them an alt melee (like garuda) that's a pair of arms to use for the different animation type. All in all I just really love the fact that you guys have such a wonderful relationship with your community & whatever you decide outta be pretty cool so thanks for doing stuff like this.

My idea for a warframe is a mix of turtle, leviathan, and crocodile. Like a mutant ninja turtle but more predatory and chitinous. A hard shell on it's back, and a frightening mouth, or even a beak like a snapping turtle.

Planet warframe, how about something that looks organic, with different textures for different landscapes and WATER FLOWING THROUGH IT. It could have a helmet thats detached from the body, like it's own sun or moon (both helmet designs!). Also would love if it floats in noble stance and goes on all fours for agile (its weapons can orbit around it).Meteor shower can be an ability or creating a mini sun that explodes, also gravity moves (maybe something that involves its head or water on body). We could encounter parts flying through earth proxima and blueprint hidden in ship? The possibilitys with this type of warframe could be endless because all planets are different so you can also change his powers lik chroma and excal (ice gas fire radiation planets). Planet warframe's my pick! But if it doesn't work out, I vote for slimeframe(not my pick would just like to see it)!🥰

My suggestion/idea for a warframe would be an "Eye of the storm" type of theme

Behaviour wise, it's design scope would be based around how storms (like, the huge tropical ones) behave, where it starts off with just slight disturbances at the outer edge of its influence, which then escalate and intensify the closer and longer something is afflicted by it, which then peaks around its centre; that then suddenly drops into a sudden calm, only to be blasted again with the most intense forces as the eye passes by

A secondary design element to it would be that its power doesn't just grow until a breaking point, which then suddenly stops (or rather, explodes), but rather on how it leaves lingering effects to its aftermath after it peaks

To convey those design aspects into more practical mechanics of the theme, it would have more of a concentric circles types of effects to its behaviour/abilities; in contrast to how most frames tend to have either a radial dropoff, or no dropoff at all in the whole range of their abilities & similar

A side suggestion to that, it would be interesting to have the design/backstory/theme behind them to be created as a sister-frame to Zephyr, and create a thematical/narrative contrast like Grendel and Gauss have presented in their designs. (Plus, accounting for the presented timeline, it would really nicely fit in the case of Zephyr deluxe being released simultaneously with them)

edit:

Just realized, while there could be a perceived overlap/similarity in the design domains between Zephyr and the design suggestion; Zephyr is purely the force behind a storm, while the Suggested one is about its presence and scope. Kinda like how Grendel and Gauss create a contrast between inertia and acceleration, akin to a "2 sides of the same coin".

a demonic warframe 

1st attack: ability to summon demonic energy as you run that will driving the enemies to insanity 

2nd attack: unleash a demonic pulse from your hand to impact the enemy reducing there armor  

3rd attack: ability to suck the health and shield from your enemies to ether fill your own health and shield or to your allies  

4th attack: ability to summon demonic hands that reach up and pull enemies in to the deeps of hell leaving there loot behind and eating there souls then using the souls to in power the warframe.   

Oddmund the Bulwark

Health

300 (500 at rank 30)

Shield

0 (0 at rank 30)

Armor

Energy

75 (125 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed

Polarities

Vazarin PolVazarin Pol

Exilus Polarity

None

Aura Polarity

Vazarin Pol

The theme I decided to submit is an idea of a “Bulwark” warframe.

The idea is from the old name Oddmund. It is a Norwegian and Swedish name composed of the Old Norse elements oddr "point of a weapon" and mundr "protection”.

My thoughts on this is that we have some warframes that are Health, Shield and Armor monsters. Like Inaros, Hildryn and Valkyr. But the idea of Oddmund is to bring someone that truly wants to aim down sight on his weaponry and to be the Bulwark of his team. 

He would come with a signature primary that would be a rifle semi-auto but it fires as fast as you can click (Think about the Fal as a reference to a real life rifle)

And a Shield (A new weapon type that is not a sword and shield but just a shield) Having the highest block angle of 120 and sending out very low damage shockwaves that force impact procs to then knock enemies over. Bare in mind as this will leave his secondary hand open to use 1 handed secondaries.

His passive would be that if he does not have a “shield” melee weapon equipped he will gain 15% damage increase with primary weapons. But if he has a “shield” melee weapon he will gain a 50% Damage reduction while aiming down sights in that 120 degree angle forwards (Only the DR portion of this passive grows with power strength.)

I will only post the suggested passive and not any other power.

Being that the name Oddmund is a nordic name he would be heavily influenced by old viking shield guards in his design and looks.

And as for lore he would be the warframe used as guardians. Royal defences that sort of thing.

I've had the idea for an Alchemy-based frame. He'll passively pick up items that will fill his Transmutation Bar... when full, his fourth ability can turn all enemies within a radius into gold.

Warframe that can slip into shadows, maybe even control enemies as a player, it's a very versatile theme ability wise like having an exalted shadowy sniper to shoot from the shadows, or binding enemies together, raise shadow allies, transform into a shadowy monster or animal, etc. 

Would like to see a voodoo frame that possesses enemies. Pull from Haitian Voudou for abilities. Another idea would be some kind of wolf frame that splits into clones so you can "hunt in a pack." You could also make a gambler frame that basically gambles his life for buffs, got tricks, and is chance based. Can pull from games like poker or black jack for abilities. You can get him through gambling credits.

Hi, everybody ! I would like to offer you my own idea of what a new warframe might look like. I called he the thin shield (Thinseld).A tall, slender figure. The long arms and legs, like the entire body, are covered with solid crystal. The color palette is saturated with various shades of blue. His body is a symbol of how fragile life is . But for all its fragility life can stand up for itself.Tenno's bodies, illuminated by the abyss that had lain for thousands of years in the crystal cave, merged with it. When Tenno awoke from a long sleep , he remembered all the horrors of the old war. he got out of the cave and began to wander the earth without a goal. After years of wandering, he found a settlement of survivors.Their tribe for centuries passed on legends about how valiant wars curtailed the Empire of the invaders and thus saved the remnants of the people. They accepted it and began to teach their lives.He was engaged in hunting and farming, fishing , and mining for precious stones. He helped people in every way could . He was considered a God.But like everything else in the world these days could not last forever.As the years passed, the people of the tribe grew old and died. And then one day, when he returned from hunting, he saw a terrible sight. While he was away, the ghouls attacked the settlement and killed everyone. Not forgiving himself for not saving them, he went to wreak his vengeance on the creator of these monsters.A great melee fighter, using his granite-hard fists, smashes armies of enemies. A warrior, a defender, a seeker of justice - Thinseld.

Archived