Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A warframe based around homing. This warframe can paint enemies with a target and cause nearby allies' shots to home towards them. Their 3rd is based around passing the homing mark around to other enemies, with a maximum of 7 marked enemies. Their 4th can fire a small cluster of homing missiles at an area that homes to enemies only within that area.

Just thought of this, but what about a "cloth" themed frame? As in the frame itself is covered in strips of cloth kind of like a mummy or like the old monk from Demon's Souls.

Some of his abilities could suffocate enemies and squeeze them to death or something like that. I dunno, the idea of tons of different strips of cloth shooting towards an enemy sounds pretty cool to me.

Grendel was a amazing start to having different shapes of warframes. It would be cool to continue that trend down the line. I could see even larger or rounder ones of different varieties of shapes. Honestly, a massive tank styled one that could carry tons of heavy weapons in its bulky body could be cool. Fourth ability being a giant laser cannon hidden in his stomach. A total heavy weapons guy. I could also see it replenishing ammo reserves for the party since it stores extra ammo or something. Kinda Bulkhead from Transformers Prime vibes. Big blasts all around. 

Why not a punk frame? Like, a baseball-bat wielding, spiked to high-heavens, anarchy-friendly type frame? They could be based around leaving pure chaos in their wake wherever they go.  Their tools could be made from scrap, and have a very rough texture to them that's not often seen outside of Grineer tools. Could maybe incorporate some form of system where the more damage to enemies or scenery they cause, the less skills cost to use for a short while, encouraging skills that feed back into each other and more usage of them.

Also, you could have a frame helmet with a mohawk, and that'd just be neat.

Damn you for limiting me to one entry but if I have to pick one it would be Mixcoatl a luchador themed frame named for the god of hunting, (old god of hurricanes and storms), associated with the milky way. Aesthetics would mix an athletic muscular build with jaguar or quetzalcoatl theme, bright colorful feathers that would invoke wrestling legend ultimate warrior. 

A swarm themed frame. I've wanted something like the Gort robot from The day the Earth Stood Still (2008) movie.

Basically a frame made of a swarm of smaller creatures controlled by a hive mind. Additionally, I've thought of abilities where he charges up a big explosion by sacrificing his health (holding the button to consume more health and make the explosion stronger). Or one where he changes from the humanoid form to swarm (it could work like wukong's cloud) but dealing damage as the swarm moves between enemies and consuming them to recharge health.

It would be interesting to see a Warframe theme where its essence was energy.

The theme of frame being purely energy and shield without health.

It could specialize in free hover flight and control the elemental energies of destruction, healing/creation, darkness, and void as it is the embodiment of energy itself.

I also believe that any dev team would enjoy the cooperative challenge in creating a model out of energy when matching with abilities, passives, and animations.

Also this event inspired me to make a concept on this theme, the link provides a little more of the theme at the beginning: Gavros the Warframe of Energy

Energy based coloring Fashion Frame with a vibrant, non-static material? Yes, that would be amazing.

I really like the idea of a frame specialized in... protecting others. Big ol' Shield, energy, metal, whatever. Having a "Greatsheild" as an exalted weapon instead of a sword, really only ramming others and handling crowds rather than a specialized defense. Looking like a noble defender or something. Maybe even can just run forth and bulldoze bad guys over with that sheild, like a certain beefy "frame" from a less-than-popular Warframe-alike we might remember...

I really want to play a Frame that lets me be a tanky sort, but also just put a big wall of defense between the opposition and my team. Frost has his bubble, but that's more "Protect this area!" than "Get behind me!" that I hope to play someday. 

I think I'd be cool if we could get something that defies human comprehension. I mean it's the space, a different age, lot of things has happened in the game, and we got the sentients and so, with all that weird looking worlds and appearances so it might be limiting to think only of things we understand. I mean I'm not a quantum mechanics expert so getting a clear idea might be beyond me but for example, if I had to be more specific, it could be a black hole-themed Warframe or so, using the antimatter Nova uses in a much different way, bending light and changing its own physical (and metaphysical 🤔) properties. Maybe lovercraftian ideas might be of help.

Archived