Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A warframe themed around metal and the manipulation thereof, using it to create various weapons on the fly.  

A sleek design evoking a sense of fluidity despite being a monstrum of metal, the ability to let metal flow from the frame and turn it into deadly arms, an ever changing arsenal, a hammer to crush their enemies now, a blade to tear them to shreds the next moment and finally a spear to fell those that flee. 

A flash of gleaming armor before steel clad fingers melt and transform into a barrel, an electrical whirl sounding from inside fractions of a second before a massive projectile erupts from it at incredible speed, slamming into a squad of Grineer and painting the hallway red with their blood.

A deafening screech as metal slide over the ground, the Warframe skating on them, rushing past enemies that are turned into red mist by the blades whirring around the frame before those blades surge forward, screaming as they rip through armor and into flesh, pushing them into a forest of shiny stakes that suddenly erupts from the ground and walls.

The Warframe is an arsenal. Arms and armor changing with a thought, metal all around it shaping itself into an extension of the Frame itself, turning the enemies' ships and bases against them. All of it done without malice or mercy. A Warframe is a weapon, after all. And this one is drawn for one purpose only, not to be sheathed again before it is fulfilled. 

Wield it, Tenno.          

A gimmick Warframe based on chemical hazards and manipulating the elemental effects caused by his weapons and abilities.
Almost like a mad chemist, the theme could revolve around causing and enhancing elemental procs with area of effect abilities (granades, traps, turrets?), transferring procs to other enemies and even splitting/combining procs affecting enemies, possibly playing around with the new enhanced status changes from the revision update!. 
(Ex.: "The Chemist" could target a Grineer Elite Lancer suffering from Gas proc and cause it plit into Fire and Toxic)

Just like Chroma, his abilities wouldn't have a fixed element per se but instead the color of both emissives would dictate it's damage type (Ex.: Blue and White emissives = Electricity and Cold = Magnetic)

unknown.png
Ignore the S#&$ty doodling but I just wanted to point out that, as any good mad chemist, he should have at least two fingers missing or dissolved!

Beastmaster Druid frame that takes cues from the wildlife of the origin system (kubrows, kavats, skates, open world beasts and fish etc) as if the origin system itself is fighting the sentient threat.  And ideally an ultimate ability that turns into a Warframe on all fours to fight alongside nature.

Liqullum(female)

Subject warframe liquid metal.The name was created from liquidus liquid in Latin and metallum metal

Unranked stats: 500 armour, 350 health, 100 energy

LvL 30 stats: 800 armour, 500 health, 200 energy

Passive:
Due to the fact that it is made of liquid metal, some melee strikes can go right through it.

1 ability:
Liqullum turns into a puddle of liquid metal , this form is designed for silent movement at high speed; only a Grinir laser can interfere

2 ability:
Liqullum makes pieces of metal from its body that can circle around it and can protect against shells
Also, when you press the button, it can let them into enemies

3 ability:
Liqullum can create armor for its ally and for each ally (300 to 500 armor) in which this Liqullum armor receives 100 armor 400 chapel

4 ability:
Liqullum creates a metal rifle, shotgun or grenade launcher. What exactly will be created is decided in the arsenal. Energy will be spent per shot at a rifle 1-2, shotgun 5-6, grenade launcher from 15

Quest
"Lost in time"

History
When a little time was left before the destruction of the empire, Orokin created a warframe of unknown liquid metal. It did not have time to put into operation and it remained in the abyss for many years until the moment when it was found.

A dark energy based warframe, something that shouldn't exist from beyond boundaries of existence, like a glitch of the existence, twisted, corrupted, almost invincible, ready to tear at anything, living or dead.

Attacks with claws, can levitate, create black holes and transform into even more corrupted version of itself when the more enemies are slashed with claws.

This theme has never been done in this game, C'mon it's black holes we're talking about!

World Breaker/Ragnarok/Anomaly Warframe

Conscept is almost like a polar oposite to Limbo

• Ragnarok meter (requires skill to keep up reliably)

The physical plane distorts in his presence. Walls and barriers start cracking/breaking libirating surges of void energy. Enemy fire can get caught up in the distortion and even sometimes sent back at the attacker

The higher the meter, the stronger the distortion. At maximum meter the space around him becomes damaged almost beyond recognition, with structures cracked, having solid accumulations of material on them, making it difficult for enemies to traverse.

• Powers

The abilities revolve around playing with the distortion meter

1. Having self and temmate buffs such as:

-Your next shot will cause a piece of environment you shoot at to distort, providing CC, Increasing the meter, dealing damage
(well placed shot = higher meter increase)

-Damage of self and teammates is buffed at the cost of the meter
(While active deflected enemy fire takes your primary mods for damage calculation?)
(fast rate of energy and meter consumption)

2. And CC abilities such as:
-(crosshair is the direction) Falil an enemy around with the incredible power of your distortion. Hitting environement leaves distorted zones, hitting enemies damages them and tangles together.
(more enemies accumulated into the wicked ball of mass = more consumption of energy, faster ticks of meter increase with each impact)
-
Pull one in range of your Distortion field towards you opening it for a melee finisher. (Your other options being shoot it in the face during stun, or start flailing it closer to you)

Now onto the most important bit

• Gameplay

Picture the frame as a walking sphere of chaos and destruction. A strategic position, is beneficial to protect your team and the objective. Since the distortion can provide CC and redirect bullets.
You must focus on keeping your meter up and so keep the chaos going!

With an apparance and overall style similar to this with viking-esque vibes
HdmgUUB.png
Prototype Oberon by fulcrvm

Heavily customisable explosive/bomb based warframe, possibly with multiple "exalted" abilities of different kinds of bombs so you're able to tweak abilities separately. Kind of like cross between if elytron was both a warframe and also good, and vauban if he hated all life on earth

I think a ritual Warframe can be nice.

That can work like if we kill ennemies we fill a jauge that it's use to make strong ritual. That can be a support/attack/defense Warframe (the one you want for make a balancing between the warframes). The abilities still have energy cost but not great cost because we need to kill ennemies in order to use them. I really think it would be nice. 

PS: Sorry if someone has already send this idea. 

I'm thinking of a time warframe. It will have abilities from time ofcourse. They could stop time or fast forward or slow down. 

When stopped time, only the same stand ty- I mean warframe type will be able to move. Although it has a limit and can be the 4th ability.

A possessor/parasite frame that would take direct control of a hostile (not bosses for obvious reasons) and the frame wouldn’t be too resilient but maybe it could have an ability that could do a lot of damage to the host and grant the frame armour (maybe more armour depending on the hosts health or if the host dies from the ability)

The Heavy Ordnance Frame (Think Mech/Tank-ish)

Male Names:
Vulcan, Titan, Menoetius, Destros

Female Names:
Agneya, Amatera, Mahuika, Sekhmet

Unisex names:
Rune/Ruin, Cinder, Mahuea, Panzer

Design theme: I’d give him an armored look. Metal plates, rivets perhaps, something to make him look like he was iron clad and ready for the thickest of combat. As for the typical animalistic design, i’d like to see a bull, horse, or more Deer-like Warframe. Perhaps even go with a minotaur theme. These combined could even harken back to the great bronze bull. We have PLENTY of thin, lithe, or svelte frames. Can we get another heavy frame like Atlas, Rhino, or Gryndal that isn’t melee range focused? Besides you’ll be releasing this around the same time you put out Titania which is already one of the lightest, most floaty frames out there.

Abilities:

Passive: “Warrior”: +~10-20% increased reload speed, and accuracy for Explosive, Sniper, Shotguns, or other “Heavy/Special” weapons.

Combat Supplies: When activated all shots landed on an enemy within the next 5/7/9/12 seconds will return energy with a small scaling damage efficiency. (Approximately 1000 damage = 5 energy restored scaling with ability strength modifier)(Latter have a mod that makes it spread to party members and give increased reload speed as well.)

Incendiary Cluster Charge: Titan uses his inbuilt cannon(be it arm, or over the shoulder mounted) to fire a short ranged mortar shell that rains down into cluster bombs onto a selected area dealing mild Blast damage and setting a 5m area ablaze with strong amounts of heat damage for 6/8/10/12 seconds(scales with duration and range for fire patch, and ability strength for damage). (Latter mods can change this to corrosive charge and have it slow enemies that enter it’s area.)

Rail Cannon: Using his inbuilt rail-driver, Titan launches a super heated slug of metal that penetrates all foes in a 10/15/20/25m line in front of him dealing both puncture damage and heat damage. All enemies hit have armor reduced by 33% for 10/12/13/15 seconds.(scales with duration for armor debuff, distance for range, and overall damage with ability strength)(Latter mods can have this change to magnetic damage firing a plasma bolt that electrocutes and chain lightnings enemies on contact.)

(twin)Vulcan Cannon(s): Titan draws his Exalted Vulcan Cannon, using his energy to fuel the weapon with a fire rate in excess of 2500-5000 Rounds Per Min. But beware, as you fire a heat meter increases your damage, but should it fill, your gun will jam, both disabling it for 10-15 seconds and eating a large chunk of your energy to cool the weapon while it resets. (I'm thinking I have it/them shoulder mounted or maybe have one under slung on each arm somewhat like Mesa’s pistols). (Latter mods can have this weapon’s fire-rate reduced by ~half but have damage and energy cost increased by ~33%)

Much like Vauban’s Mines/Grenades, or Ivara’s arrows, you can recast this while it is active to swap between different round types, pressing and holding to deactivate the weapon.

Ammo Types:
Concussion: Large AOE  blast damage rounds. Useful for crowd control. 

Incendiary: Medium AOE Heat Damage rounds. Useful for Both crowd damage and DOT applications.

HE: Small AOE High Slash Damage. Useful for strong DOT application.

AP: Single target Corrosive/Puncture damage Armor Piercing rounds. Useful for particularly tough foes. Recommend applying punch through mods for best results.

ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

There are so many amazing ideas floating around. I don't have enough time to sit here and smash every one with a like button i'd be here for days. Keep churning out the amazing ideas ladies, gents, and everyone/thing else. 🙂

I Love this game, love this community, and i'm thrilled to bits to see us making a new frame! No matter what ideas win, I will be ecstatic to play it.

Metal warframe that is called Fort full of metal shards sticking out of his back,arms, and head

he can shoot out a huge metal ball towards enemy's and crushes them. he can build a small wall for use of cover. can create a thick layer of armor that has 300 shield at max. his 4th ability would be him shooting hundreds of metal shards from the ground up into the air and they come back down and pin all enemies to the ground.

Name : Chronos(Male)

Power : Time Manipulation

Design Theme : Hourglass, Clockwork, Clock-like

Stats : Low Health, Mid Energy, High Shield

Passive : Pinpoint of Time

• Chronos cannot be Recover his Health, Energy from Any Source.
  • he NEVER Affected by Negative Effects such as Bleeding, Poisoning, Magnetic

Abilities

1. Mark of the Time (Self Buff, cost 10, duration 60, cooldown 60)

set the Mark of the Time on the Chronos himself so he can Avoid from Vary Threats Easily.

• when his Health or Energy has Ran Out, his Resource will be Set Back Immediately at the Moment that Mark was Setted on.
  • it's Duration will be Costed small each time it Activated.
  • cooldown won't be goes until Buffs are Expired.

2. Rollback (Self, cost N/A, cooldown 70)

while under the Effect of Mark of the Time, Chronos can Rollbacking his Place to where that Time Mark was Setted on.

• must be Affected by Ability 1 to Activate this.
  • when Activate, Chronos gain Resources as Same as Ability 1, but he will Teleport to where that Mark was Setted on.
  • it doesn't cost the Duration of Ability 1.

3. Temporal Accelerate (Global Debuff / Buff, cost 50, duration 10, cooldown 50)

accelerating the Time Flows of Chronos and his Allies so make Freeze All things that surround the Squad for a short time.

• while Enemies and Environments are Completely Freezed, they won't be killed until it's Effects are Expired.(like Limbo's Abil 3 before Revamp)
  • Chronos and Allies gain Attack, Melee, Movement, Firearms Flight Speed Buff and Accelerate the Ability Cooldown 2 times.
  • also Mission Time Limits are be Freezed too.

4. Time Distortion (AoE Channeling, True Damage, cost 15 per second, no cooldown)

Collapse the Time Flow surround the Chronos, make Enemies Turn to Dust Slowly. thanks to Time Mark, Chronos and his Allies will be Safe from this Doom.

• must be Affected by Ability 1 to Activate this.
  • while Channel this Ability, Ability 1's Duration will be Drained, and will be End when Ability 1 is Expired.
  • while Channel this Ability, Chronos can't do Any Action except Walking(and it will be Very Slow). for Cancel, just re-cast it.
  • while Enemies are Affected, they won't Regenerate Health / Shield from Any Sources.(ex : Corpus guys Shield won't be Recharging despite Shield Osprey's Effort.)
  • also all Debuffs on Enemies won't be Expired.
  • and Mangled Time Flow makes Enemies get Aging Rapidly, inflict 3% Health / Shield / Armor damage per second to All Enemies who under the Effect.

Mara, the Nightmare Warframe.

"When the orokins great weapons of war no longer worked against the sentients, what else could be left to work against the thinking machines? Why, what else but their minds themselves? That had no grown into sentient, thinking, dreaming minds...Mara, a Warframe built on the premise of infusing her opponent with nightmares so horrifying they scar and impair a thing not only mentally, but physically as well, and once the night begins to fall, when all things are asleep in her arms, nothing shall ever wake up again..."

When i think about it, there are very few warframes that have a broad theme of attacking an enemies mind, and there are none that focus on dreams and nightmares, or in Mara's case, pure nightmares. The name "Mara" comes from a malicious entity named "Mare" in folklore, that is commonly associated with nightmares. The name "Mara" itself means "bitter" or "sorrow" in Hebrew, and this meant something for the previous backstory i had made for Mara, but i doubt would work for the actually game. That being, in short, that Ballas had made Mara specifically for the tenno that did the most harm to his love, Margulis, with the added benefit that Mara had a unique way of attacking sentients that they wouldn't have seen coming. The Warframe also gave the original tenno that used it horrible nightmares as a sort of punishment or retribution for all the pain they caused Margulis. 

I won't go to far into what i had envisioned her abilities as, as there is a whole community design for that, but ill throw out few ideas now: Sleeping enemies into a deep sleep festering with nightmares that terrify them into waking up and either being paralyzed or running away, feasting upon those terrifying nightmares she created to regain resources, summoning the nightmares of those enemies into the real world in the form of shadows much like Nekros but much more aggressive and tied to the enemies rather then the warframe, and i could keep going on and on...

That's my idea, honestly, I've been waiting a long time for something like this to pop up! I only wish we could submit more then just one! But if i had to choose out of my ideas, this is probably my favorite!

From lack of a better therm: stuntman warframe. he would use multiple jet engines scattered all around his body to move more efficiently and use them as for example 360 spin kicked explosive projectiles or stick them to enemies to make them fly off basically throwing them out of the fight. (imagine YEETING the most irritating thing in the uniwerse thst is nox off the edge).

Magic hammer/thor theme? Like, throw the hammer and it fly's around hitting people, big smack the ground, pulls emenmys in and  lighting bolts them with small aoe, maybe place the hammer somewhere and then recast ability to tp to it but while it's placed you can't do other stuff, smack a teammate with the hammer to health them. DE pls let me be the hammerman

Archived