Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Yong, the divine, a warframe engineered based on a divine creature from ancient civilizations(an asian dragon basicaly) to protect an ancient temple under the surface of the earth that holds unimaginable riches and a powerful secret .

Teshin warns the Tenno of a danger on earth

The corpus excavating on eurasia because of a old legend(whoever could reach the far ends of and deemed worthy would fiend a sphere that could grant any one whish (Yuh-Yi-joo) )awakened the temple ,causing mass storms on earth (all missions on earth while the quest is on will have a cloudy  background )

The grineer find out about he corpus and skirmish rages  ,the tenno choose either to help the corpus ,help the grineer or follow Teshin commands and kill both factions 

The Tenno enter the temple in different conditions depending on the choice he made before 

Teshin explains the legend and story of the place while the tenno passes through challenges (parkour ,killing skill ,mental)(there are different sets of challenges based on who you killed

A different mini boss appears before the final challenge depending on the choice made in the begging but actually that is the final challenge, that is if u kill or let live (the choice will have heavy weight on your karma (from the karma sysem)

A secret door opens in the floor with jade like stairs that lead to a jade like room where the sphere lays ,if the tenno has a good karma the sphere will open itself revealing a swirling orb of swirling void energy ,if the Tenno has a bad karma he will crack open it 

a figure with the shape of the Tenno will talk to the Tenno who will ask to know more about the past before the orokin and how the orokin came to existance ,if the karma is good he will tell you right away and when finished he will give the blueprint of Yong ,however if our karma is bad you will have to fight the spirit which will have some of yong's abilities ,if u down it he will grant you the whish and the blueprint but if you die we will teleport you to he entrance of the temple so you have to do the challenges again except the boss one 

after that the spirit scatters casting you out of the temple , the temple than burrows deeper into the planet until you cant see it anymore ,than starts raining a lot and the crater fills up with a glowing green water 

Teshin meets you by the lagoon to talk about what a warriors spirit blah blah blah ,after that u can go always go to that location through you personal quarters where u can find Teshin meditating and u can catch new fish 

passive Divine will :a bar like ember's that fill when inflicting status effetcs (3x for melee ) after 25% full you can transform  however if the you transform with the bar full the tansformation doesnt consume will for 10 secs, status effects are 25% more effective

1º ability , palm strike/tailswipe : Yong smashs his palm into the ground releasing a freezing shockwave that strips shields and slows

2º ability, whish granter : Yong uses his power over reality to buff him and nearby alies (buff melee damage ,melee atacks break armor)

3º ability, storm bringer: Yong targets a location creating a raging storm( dealing dmg over time ,sometimes lighting hits enemys stuning them and dealing more dmg ,when this ability is casted a lighting will always appear )

4ºability, ascendent form : Yong reveal his true form transforming into a shining serpentine dragon that can fly ,buffing his 3º (in dmg ,radius ,and stuning rate , dmg and stunning rate have a cap radius does not ) ,2º buffs dmg for teammates ,while for him when under the effect of the buff his melee atacks will  be executes (surrounds the enemy with his body constricts him and bite his head off)),1º changes into a massive tail slam knocking down enemies in a cone still strips shields but doesnt slow so  it deals dmg instead

the trasnformation works as an exalted weapon so when u are transformed u have stronger melee attacks (bites, little tailswipes) but u dont have a ranged attacks ,sice its liek an exalted weapon u can customize the colour of the dragon form regardless of the regular warframe colours

Warframe based around weapons. He changes skills based on weapons equiped. Master of weaponry. You need defence. Take some shield. Need damage take archwing weapon and have some super dmg from skill. All skills changing based on weapons equiped. Every match with him different like every one of us. The real comunnity warframe. 

I think a Warframe based around the theme of being a tactician and mid to far range would do well. Passive of being invisible after a certain number of seconds, 1st ability of seeing enemies through walls and objects (extending the radius and time of seeing enemies via each upgrade and sharing this with a squad, can stack), 2nd ability of blinding the enemy and making them disorientated (like a smoke grenade and flash bang in one with the length of time of the effect increasing with each upgrade, can stack) 3rd ability of summoning a spectral sniper rifle capable of dealing of up to 100% of your main weapons damage (timing of spectral gun increasing per upgrade) 4th ability of being able to teleport behind enemies and enemy lines to get one up (vicinity of teleport increasing with each upgrade)

At Warframe on the theme of fear
the idea is that the warframe embodies fear.

Whether he or she embodies everything that can be found in a game or in a horror film.

thinking of that I imagine Pennywise in '' It '' or in the film '' MAMA ''

She or He could be a perfect assassin

He or she could move in the walls or in the ground and could catch enemies for kill them

I have no idea about the other 2 abilities But for the last power I imagine that she or he will make a huge howl that will extinguish all the lights within a certain distance and that all the enemies present in the Abilities' field of action has the potential to be killed by the warframe

I would love to see a warframe with an elemental mage theme, centered around exalted sentinels.

Imagine some kind of tactical mage imagery with several orbiting energy elementals (one for each base element) that you command to do various things with your abilities. I can't draw so I did a mockup in photoshop instead:

qFqRS2d.jpg

With these energy elementals, you can go into a defensive stance where they shoot down incoming fire and pushback enemies. Or you can abandon defense and have them launch energy beams at enemies, by selecting two of them at once you can combine the elements to give you different procs you can use for different situations. Or slam them into enemies for a high powered melee attack.

You can choose to have them orbit you to cast these abilities, have them orbit you on autofire like regular sentinels (shooting elementless IPS projectiles), or have them roam autonomously to seek and destroy like animal pets.

You mod them for survivability as an exalted sentinel (like venari) and mod their exalted sentinel weapon for damage. Abilities use damage mods from the exalted sentinel weapon.

I would really enjoy a Norse Warrior Warframe. He could switch between weapons found in Norse mythology. I’m going to refer to him as Jörmungandr simply because I cannot think of a better name for him.

Possible abilities:

1: Gungnir (Jörmungandr summons a mighty spear to throw, causing an explosive blast wherever it lands. This would work similar to Hildryn’s Balefire.)

2: Sword of the Sun (Jörmungandr dashes forward, slicing all enemies in his path with his sword.  Enemies his suffer from heat and radiation damage. This would be akin to Excalibur’s dash, but with a wider arc and higher damage)

3: Gjallahorn (Jörmungandr sounds Gjallahorn, buffing allies and debuffing enemies within range. Could possibly scare enemies, similar to Nekros’ Terrify.)

4: Beserker (Summons a mighty Battleaxe, bolstering high damage and range, and sending you into a rage.   Unlike other exalted weapons, when you switch weapons while the ability is active, you keep your rage mode’s buffs.  Rage mode could increase attack speed, damage, and/or critical chance.)

Passive: Baldur’s blessing (Upon going below a certain health threshold, temporarily become invincible. This would need to have a cooldown on it in order for it to be balanced.)

FLORA-appreciate the beauty of flowers and trees, protect it, and in return, flowers become a real weapon on the battlefield here.
Passive ability-heals health for yourself and your allies within a radius of 2 meters.
Opportunities
1-Let the pollen into enemies and thus they are misleading.
2-gets two types of seeds from her bag, which she throws on the ground, or buff on the damage of varvreym weapons (flowers grow on the weapons of frames, which add poison damage) or lets infected seeds into opponents, thereby taking their mind under control (the enemy begins to fight on her side, and then dies).
3-Blooms flower treatment buds on allies that heal them for 10 seconds for 10 health points per second (increases with pumping).
4-Throws seeds from his bag, thereby creating a glade of flowers around him (the radius of the glade is 4 meters), allies standing in the glade are treated for 30 units per second, and opponents who step on the glade cover the roots and compress them (and they are dealt damage with poison).
ALTERNATIVE 4
4-FLORA is wrapped in a Bud where to be treated, and around the Bud begin to spread the roots, with spikes that cause damage to enemies (on the spikes are small flowers that spray pheromones that attract enemies to the spikes).

From two best friends: Me and JagerHUMAN.

Best wishes,SwaGShoT228 and JagerHUMAN.

What about a completely melee combat centered frame, like a gladiator theme who's abilities all contribute to melee builds. Maybe has an exalted melee weapon that changes it's type as you use it's different abilities, like first ability grants a self buff and changes the weapon to a sword and board, second ability is an aoe attack and turns the exalted weapon into a staff weapon, third ability has some other active effect and turns it into a hammer or something. 4th ability could be completely different based on what form the exalted melee weapon is in. Maybe for passive I'm thinking the Warframe has its own built in combo counter that doesn't diminish and stacks up armor or attack speed but is consumed in bits to cast abilities.

I had the idea for this frame a while back. Phobia, a warfare based on the concept of fear. She instills fear in her enemies and then feeds off it to strengthen her abilities. I imagine her being a wide area dps frame with good survivability through abilities. The esthetic I was going for was like the "horror girl" hair over the eyes kind of look, maybe the hair moves to show glowing eyes as her "fear factor" grows stronger? Thanks for considering my idea!

Armor: 300 
Shield: 500
Health: 500
Energy: 400
Sprint speed: 1.0
(all at max rank)

Ability 1: Paranoya
Inflicts fear on 1 target (5 at max rank). Targets afflicted slowly back away from Phobia and all allies, while taking increased damage from all sources. The fear spreads when afflicted enemies come within range of a non afflicted enemy. Can jump to an infinite amount. 

Ability 2: Fight

Phobia screams, terrifying all enemies within a certain range into attacking indiscriminately. Allies within range gain damage resistance. 

Ability 3: Flight

Phobia emits a menacing aura, Causing enemies to flee. Enemies are slowed to 50% movement speed. All allies damage is buffed. 

Ability 4: Nightmare Relm

Phobia creates a relm of nightmares. Enemies who walk into the dome are forcefully held by shadow hands and struggle to break free. Enemies hit by initial wave are dealt massive slash damage, and get damaged over time while inside the dome. Enemies effected by Paranoya are hit with double the damage. 

Passive: Fear Factor
Phobia gains ability strength and weapon damage for every enemy affected by Paranoya.

21 hours ago, --Aegis--Dandy said:

Posting this here in case no one else does. Bastion Warframe designed a few years ago by Adam Burn https://www.artstation.com/adamburnart

I have always dreamed of seeing something like this in-game.

Bastion using his ultimate ability

This looks absolutely amazing!

The artist also posted this on Reddit alongside an explanation of the concept frames powers. For those are lazy, here is what he said;

"His passive means you gain extra melee damage and armour if you equip only a melee weapon.

His first ability is a radial glare that stuns enemies to a certain range for a brief time allowing you to close the gaps.

Second ability fires a powerful energy burst at long range (from his lance which temporarily ignites to fire) allows you to at least engage hard to reach distant targets.

Third ability is an aggro generator, you become the center of attentions for a set period of time taking all enemy fire.

And fourth is his energy lance and shield which will work in harmony with previous abilities. Blocking attacks fills a meter similar to Chroma's Vex armour, more powerful attacks raise the percentage, this percentage is a damage multiplier for the lance, each enemy hit reduces the percentage by 10% (max is based on strength)
Ability lasts until you run out of energy or its on a timer, not sure yet :)"

Honestly, I'm not entirely a fan of his ideas, especially the passive as it directly punishes you for not playing a certain way (never been a fan of those types of passives) which removes all gunplay and Exalted Melee since we have enough of those. I feel like a lot of what he suggests here is stuff we've seen before with frames like Excalibur, Wisp, Ember and some others. So I'd change the powers but keep the theme of the powers being based on Light.

Please put this frame in the game DE.

It's probably a stretch but what about a Hybrid Frame? 

For example with abilities you can select any other frames abilities an fuse it to the hybrid frame 

Ability slots can only be fused with other frames same ability slot what I mean by this is i couldn't have a full 4th ability fused load out only first abilities on first slot second on second slot an so on 

For a passive how about

Per status chance applied to Target increases the overall duration or strength up to a maximum of 25% does not stack

The design ideas for this kinda frame could be anything it has so many possibilities

I would like to see a Warframe that changes based on the alarms.  A warframe who's stats and possibly abilities change based on whether or not the sounds are alarmed.

Espionage Form (alarms are down):  Gains 1 energy per second and the abilities would be focus stealth and precision.  Having higher much higher shields, at the price of lower armor.

Massacre Form (alarms are active):  Gains 10% of the damage dealt to the frame as energy and the powers would be based on destruction.  Shields would be  much lower for significantly higher armor.

Missions like Defense, Survival, Disruptions, interceptions, and excavations will always go into Massacre Form; whereas Spy, Exterminate, Sabotage, and Assassinations start the mission as Espionage form.

An animal themed warframe. Spell 1 allows you to change between 3 or 4 formes of animals (reptile, wildcat etc). and the other 3 spells are differents depending of the animal form you choosed. It would be super cool. 

My wife gaved me the idea all success to her ;)

I would like to see a Davy jones/pirate frame. I was thinking this: 1st would be a hook that brings you to a wall, or pulls an enemy closer. 2nd would spawn a "Drag to the depths" trap that would kill /deal massive damage to any normal enemy with an energy penalty for each one killed, a third could be a chance for any incoming attack to miss, again with an energy penalty for each miss, and the fourth could be a AoE that marks enemies, and makes them drop loot when they lose their shield or their health (but only for the first time each, for a total of 3), and his passive could be that enemies he kills increase the amount of loot they drop and have an increased chance to drop loot.

1 minute ago, C.T.100 said:

Spider-based warframe. Maybe even with extra arms! And helmet like a spider face, with lots of eyes and a spider-like mouth! Would be cool to be able to shoot web at enemies, or spawn minispiders, or transform into a spider, or walk on a web created by you... you get the idea.

Well we technically already got a spider themed frame but only 2 out of 4 of her ability resembles a spider like ability and her default aesthethic as well, yeah i'm talking about khora

Falconer Warframe

A Tenno who had an affinity for birds before the Void. When the adults went insane, they used their hawk to find out where was safe to go. But when the adults finally caught them their loyal avian companion flew out from the safety the Tenno had found for themselves just as the door shut; attacking their pursuers and giving it's master and and the other Tenno the precious seconds they needed to secure their safety.   

When they were found by the Orokin and the Warframes were created to control the Tenno's energies they were intrigued to see a bird of prey manifest itself almost as if out of the body of the Warframe itself and act as almost an extension of it's body and will. 

Look and basic ability ideas:

Has a bird (natural or robotic) on its shoulder that it can call down to its wrist to release.  "Clothing" reminiscent of a medieval falconer. The bird could be used to get a remote view of a distant part of the area, or damage enemies like a companion, or distract, or any combination thereof.  The Warframe could also have a way to zoom vision to make it an even more effective sniper emulating the sharp vision of birds of prey.

Concept: A warframe based on attacking and buffing through its own death

elaboration: You use abilities with unconfirmed effects that passively generate charges. One or more of these charges is consumed upon death, and the warframe is revived, with some extra effect. Revivals that consume this warframe's charges do not take away affinity.

The warframe's artistic/ thematic elements could revolve around a Day of the dead theme or various other ideas (not nescessary, I just thought of that whilest writing this)

Warframe name: Shadow. 

Background story: Shadow is an injured warframe that got replacement parts from the orokin

Shadow Cyborg Warframe (basically a black warframe that has robotic parts attached to it and has cool eyes a white shadow eye and a red cyborg eye) a range based warframe with strength that does crowd control. The shadow eye (white eye) has an electrical effect coming from it and the Cyborg eye (Red eye) has no effect cuz its already cool. Warframe has half its head in robotic parts 1 half of the leg in robotic parts and 1 arm in robotic parts and the parts connect on its back with some glowing energy spots (This warframe isn't for low level enemies)

Passive: warframe gets a speed boost in dark places and when the warframe is out of the darkness it has 5 seconds of time to get back before the speed runs out (basically its speed is infinite in dark spots)

Ability 1: Eye swap. Swaps eye from White to Red or vice versa. If its swapped to shadow eye it the warframe gains speed for 4s (can be improved by duration) if its swapped to the Red eye warframe becomes enraged and gets 15% strength for 4s

Ability 2: Black hole: Ragdoll pulls enemies and some of them disappear the more that disappears the more powerful the selected eye becomes. Also the more enemies that disappears the bigger the black hole becomes (improved by strength) (also drains energy over time). P.s. i was thinking of an ability that could make the warframe go through walls but i think that will break the game.

I would like to see an indication on which eye becomes stronger. If shadow eye becomes stronger the electrical effect becomes larger and glows more and if the cyborg eye becomes stronger the glowing energy spots light up stronger.

Ability 3: Darksight: If the red eye (cyborg eye) is active then warframe targets enemies and shoots a powerful plasma laser at them (element and colour chosen by energy). If the white eye is active (shadow eye) then it targets enemies and gives them a shadowmite (a bug that drains their power and energy overtime and it transfers the power/energy to the warframe.) (it has an indicator over their head)

This ability might have some targeting effects on screen which will make the warframe way cooler. Also this can be a good combo for 2nd ability survivors.

Ability 4: Shadow explosion. Every enemy in range gets placed by a shadow bomb (The bomb isn't blast but viral) could be energy based as well which depends on DE) stealthily so they don't start running (basically an invisible robotic black bomb.) it explodes and the shrapnels fly and might hit the surviving enemies with slash and viral for a few seconds.

1st click on 4 places the bombs 2nd click detonates them.

(Shrapnel distance increased by range and the slash is increased by strength)

If this doesn't become a thing i'm gonna cry. Also energy draining amounts speeds are up to DE since the thing I just created is damn near overpowered.

Archived