[DE]Helen

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

A Rage themed warframe

A mutation occured during the "creation" of the warframe, the host rejected its transformation and creators simply with its blind rage.

Its body refuses the void energy meant to power the frame (so no energy) and the energy instead clouds around the frame getting denser (and the frame angrier) until the frame rejects the void completely in an explosive rage.

The thought would be similar to "warriors" in other games that generates rage from attacks and spends them on skills.

13 hours ago, Asume-Naratachi said:

My main three Warframe theme ideas:

- Time (previously posted, I think it's a good idea)

- Gravity

- Shadow

And lastly, a bow-themed Warframe would be nice, as we already have a sword-based (Excalibur) and a gun-based (Mesa)

Um. Ivara is bow-themed... her kit is 3/4 bow and 1/4 a headshot mult. which compliments her bow theme. Shadow? Arguably, that’s Mirage as she’s the only one with abilities affected by shadow. Time is an interesting one. I thought of one that used sonic manipulation to slip in-between the flow of time. Tempo/Tempus was his name. Monkish/Magisterial red and white with silver accents. CC frame (control) with strong offensive capabilities. 

I think one of the best warframes in this game is completely original as it uses the games lore (Nidus). What about a cephelon warframe. The design of the frame could be an orb where the cephelon resides inserted into the frames head or chest. The frame itself could be that orb makes a hologram of the frame around it. One of its abilities could be some form of mobility where the frame can dematerialize into a computer or console and rematerialize at another discovered computer or console. Could also be used as a stealth ability so enemies give up the search. Would have a time where the system won't detect you. After that time, your chances of getting caught in the system increase and if found will be forced out with a percentage of your max health.

• Like 2

A Berserker themed Warframe (maybe called Magnus) with an exalted heavy blade that you can not really equip by using an ability but all his skills do include that heavy blade + its stats. Also instead of using Energy, he uses Rage which goes up by killing foes.

A noble knight, rallying their allies to fight on against terrible odds.  He carries the flag that the Tenno unite behind.  

A noble knight warframe

Like Arthur Pendragon and his knights

The first of 13 noble warframes, created for the ultimate war and recapture of an ancient artifact. 

Has potential for great story and 12 other knightly warframes

Happy birthday! 

A possession themed warframe, ive considered 2 methods/themes/sub aspects of the possession theme(of course using both potential aspects of this theme would be cool too)

Direct possession theme-the ability to posess and control an enemy under certain conditions (i.e. they need to be stunned) and fight as them, presumably the victim would get enhanced abilities and the strain from it would kill them when you leave their body/time runs out

And/or

Indirect possession theme-the warframe would have the ability to completely dominate/capture an enemy and keep it as a companion sort of like catching a pokemon, its captured companion might be only useable while using that warframe, like how khoras unique kavat is useable only by her

Or both of these styles at the same time of course

A hybrid between void energy/nano robots that "extracts" either a weapon(s) or an ability, based on the frames he/she is in the squad with.

Kind of like Shu from Guilty Crown.

1 минуту назад, (PS4)cpepicplayer сказал:

Lol the Grim Reaper and the Angel arguing. Perfect...

Yes perfect

A Warframe that despises life that is not natural. A fragile mind, tormented by Alad V, because of her/his ability to draw energy out of flora and fauna, and even merge with it: A Shapeshifter.

• Like 1

How about something like an anti frame? I know we have frames like nekros and nidous, but I feel the tenno were a vast people. Perhaps...a bit too vast. So how about a frame that touched on something they felt was taboo?  Maybe a vampire type? Maybe a succubus/incubus type? Maybe...a lich?  Something that could be the physical summary of the thing they feared or hated most. The opposite of discipline. The opposite of order. Something dark. So dark, it's a wonder if it's operator has gone mad. A frame that probably has connections to the Kuva(if there already isn't one). Or a frame that is a result of consuming the fruit(thing from the mission where you fight the queen). A frame that's all about being selfish. A frame that feels desperate to survive. A frame that will do anything to get what it wants. A frame fit for a demon. 

A mimic frame, spectral or near silouette in appearance that can mimic an enemy type to infiltrate their ranks and issue orders. Possibly allowing mimicking of fellow tennos appearance and abilities temporarily. 

The Mad Bomber Warframe!  Grenades, time bombs, proximity mines, trapped doors, remote detonations, nuclear blasts, maybe even self-destruction!

A ballet dancing themed warframe whose legs and arms end in sharp blades.

Every battle is a dance with death. Every move must be elegant, yet precise; quick, but powerful.

She would be fast, light of foot, maybe hovering. Sharp angles to show deadliness and contrast with the idea of grace.

The suggestion of my guild is to create a soul eater/reaper Warframe that has two forms. We can imagine that the frame in the "basic form", inspired by the Halloween event, sucks souls of enemies in a lantern and uses them in an "ultimate form" to deal damage. We've thought of an exalted weapon in the form of a scythe for its ultimate form.

• Like 3

TLDR: TRANSFORMING/ADAPTING THEME
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I know this will probably be glossed over like just about EVERY OTHER SUBMISSION Contest for the Few who people all upvote like crazy (it's happened before and most likely will happen again but screw it...)

How about the Theme be Transforming/Morphing frame?

Here me out, We have had so many frames based around elements (Fire, Ice, Void, Water, Death, Life, Space etc etc). Why not go with a frame that is all about transforming to fit the situations?

We have had Khora's interesting abilties that were over looked by so many (her ability to change her kavat's attack/heal/defend commands) and Chromas color based damage outputs.

I would feel that a frame that's based around transforming to have certain characteristics or abilities could be an interesting change of pace for the game and offer a unique twist to warframe itself.

Think about it, The Grineer are Clones, the Corpus love technology (and have experimented with tenno technology specifically the warframes themselves to create certain products).

So why not adapt and have a unique frame that comes about through adapting or transforming?

How many times have we heard SALAD-V continually rant about his Zanuka project, and then when we fought his zanuka for the first time were completely like... ehh we blew it up in 5 seconds what else you got? 

We can have some serious fun with this.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had been thinking for some time a transforming Warframe would be cool.

I imagined a cloaked hermit looking Warframe, tattered cloak, hood obscuring the top of the head leaving barely visible eyes of darkness, with exposed fangs and teeth almost like an Oni's jaw. A mask. As a suggestion of appearance I attach Chaser John Doe from Dream Eater Merry.

5092-1652142373.jpg

The idea being they are reclusive, a beast on the edge of losing it. Clenched fists easing open and clenching once more while idle. Hiding from the world.

Powers being like a brief moment of an invincible freak out as they change, a roar of unleashed potential and then...

1) Form of a four legged beast (in my head I see Bayonetta's cheetah, black, beautiful elegant motion as it leaps and bounds), great for traversal but allows for hit and run and quick dash attacks

2) Form of a power house beast. I see something like a hunched bear. Massive thick arms that almost trail the flower. They swing slow but they hit hard. I picture Pokemon's Ursaring but wider from the waist up. Werewolf body posing. Made for fighting. Damage and high defence. 

3) Form of a bird. Plenty of cool options here. A crow, an owl. Was thinking here about an Archwing style control system. But I also pictured a ranged attack in which it summons a ring of feathers or a clip of them floating from each wing impaling like Kunai being thrown.

4) Unleashed. They have a massive freakout session as they collapse and take from all the above. Drains energy while they have succumb to the beast within. I kinda see it being a mix of all three but grounded. Loses flight. Loses some speed. They are like a mutant. A mistake. A bulky beast on two legs with elongated arms. A face that takes inspiration from all 3. Screams. The bird part displayed through feathered sections of the body but also the feathers spawn and autofire. No wings visible. The four legged and two legged form mixed. The birds feathering with their fur. While you lash out with overeaching attacks and jump about and move at a faster speed your auto firing feathers.

Opens up the option for people to colour, armour and decal each form. Opens up the option of TennoGen and Deluxe forms of each. Pick and mix. Thinking similar to how you can get seperate sounds for the bardframe. Seperate skins. Different beasts.

EDIT: At one point I wanted to design it and post it but I just never did in the end. Deep down knowing it would be for nothing holding me back.

Edited by (XB1)Valfor X
Justifying an omitted piece of info.

I got thinking about space based object that might be an interesting basis for a warframe to be inspired by, in honor of the Railjack update. And I settled on the thought of Neutron(Pulsar) stars. The beams of radiation they shoot out make me think of lighthouses and a pulsar could be a light house of space.

I was also thinking it could be a chance to play with a warframe that has some kind of enemy detection and sensor disruption abilities, mostly inspired by the neutron detectors we've built.

Like maybe their first ability just lets them detect enemies to a certain distance, and get a small damage buff against them. And then the other abilities augments how the first skill works. So maybe one makes it so enemies visible to you are blinded(Accuracy debuff or something), another lets you see enemies through walls(stealth mission players rejoice) and the third gives you a bigger damage buff or has two lasers fire from you as you spin for a few seconds.

Look wise I figure fairly blue and white focused color wise, and to play up to the twin beams of radiation what about some kind of softbody ribbons hanging from the warframes shoulders or elbows?

A warframe inspired by the 1920's Flappers, a bit of a poker-player in ways. I have an idea for a frame based around this.

Name: Miztrick

1) Spades - Fires spears out from behind her at enemies behind her
2) Clubs - Forces all enemies within range to target her and only her for a duration
3) Hearts - boosts the duration of a target ally's next used ability (based on ability str)
4) Diamonds - a ranged aoe that knocks all enemies to the ground (ignores immunities and nullies) [is diamond shaped and fires behind her] 
her passive is to buff dmg she deals to enemies behind her

I like the idea of having to fight an orokin dragon in the void to get her, and having it be a railjack mission.

and my design for her

unknown.png

• Like 1

A clockwork warframe, long forgotten and abandoned.

Having succumbed to the passage of time, this rusted and decayed frame is given life once again. The rust that once bound them now works with them to corrode and afflict foes, their gears that were once still now spin to life to rip and tear at all who oppose them. Their strikes sting with the caustic rust that had consumed them, brought to life to debilitate more victims in this endless battle. Old, beaten, broken; this frame's decrepit exterior hides the truth of how deadly it can actually be.

• Like 2

Would love to see an Irish Leprechaun named Limerick running around showering his fellow Tenno with treasures, and tricks for the enemies. Rainbows and Charms with a Limerick style quest, DE make this dream a reality.