Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Since we already have gods/mythic creatures (nezha, oberon etc.)  as Frames I was thinking, why not add Arachne

Arachne would be a Frame with the ability to shape herself into an arachnid, kinda like Grendel turns into a boulder.

This is Erebus, the Voidbringer, the Lighteater

Theme: The Void
    Erebus exists to consume the unique light and energy of the Void, and use the power she gains from doing so to unleash Chaos among her enemies and allies alike.

Looks: Lunatic
    Take Wisp with her Gaoth helmet, smoosh her together with Nekros Irkalla. Now take that base idea and do something Chaotic with it. Man I wish I could draw.

Backstory: So Tragic
    What happens when a madwoman is given the keys to the kingdom? Given the reigns to a project that may finally lead to an understanding for the Void? And given victims, er, test subjects as mad and broken as she is?

To Chaos, Tenno, long may she reign.

I tried to draw it but my art skills are super rusty so I was thinking of a Samurai aesthetic war frame with abilities like: Seppuku- the frame will drain his entire health and when he revives, he comes as beast or something, Odachi- where his melee weapon grows bigger than him giving him a huge amount of range and also double/triple the damage and unlocks a spin attack in tight situations, yumi clan- this ability lets him summon thousands of flaming arrows in a designated area which causes splash damage,etc. , and finally the last ability would be ancestral aid- it will be a support ability where every other frame including him to get more shield and health, and more damage and speed with their weapons. His passive should be called vengeance where he would gain him damage increase for every time he used his odachi ability or something. I am not good at drawing btw but ill try to get a sketch to give you an idea of sorts 

Everything is so sleek and artistic in warframe. How about a ramshackle scrap-based warframe, seemingly put together in someone's space garage from odds and ends. You know, with that endearing, rustic vibe. I like the idea of some poor, millennial tenno, that cant afford a forge, using patience and ingenuity to put together a warframe from scrap. Its passive could be something like, recieving a sort of buff, or perhaps recovering when picking up salvage, and it'd be cool to see its abilities also being ingenuity-based.

A crystal knight themed warframe. That uses it's abilities to summon crystal creatures (an eagle that throws dagger like feathers, a snake that binds enemies, a bear that defends specific locations, and a sword wielding wolf). These creatures grant certain buffs to the warframe and allies. If any of the creatures die, they explode causing damage to all nearby enemies and send the warframe into a frenzy.

How about a Wolf Warframe which has 2 forms : A form on foot

A four-legged form, with, for melee weapons, his claws (maybe for the 1st form too in sparring mode)

Maybe call him Fenrir (or Fenris), like in Nordic mythology. A completly new Warframe gameplay.

Got some idea for his powers if he's the choosen one for the next steps.

Here's hoping, cause I've been tweaking this character for years: A frame that uses several ability mechanics present that not many games use. It mixes Equinox's switching of forms, with Ivara's quiver allowing for a specific form to be chosen, and some abilities do multiple things if you either tap of hold. Abilities each use a different effect depending on your mode, but it also uses three forms, each having it's own unique Exalted weapon, though they share mods and simply do slightly different IPS. I have the abilities as follows, and though I did see that's not what you're looking for yet, I literally cannot hold myself back knowing you guys are finally opening this contest.

(Name WIP) Title:The Waymaster 

Passive: Combo counter lasts longer with higher counter.

1st: Wayfind: Tapping switches forms, hold to activate/deactivate. Switching forms doesn't deactivate, but does change buff.

There are three ways:

Way of the Wanderer- Waymaster and nearby allies gain movement speed.

Way of the Wicked- Waymaster and nearby allies gain 5% lifesteal.

Way of the Worthy- Waymaster and nearby allies gain 5 energy/sec.

2nd: Wayforge: Tap to unleash a vicious attack, closing distance and setting a debuff.

Attack and debuff for each way:

Wanderer- Teleport to target (no farther than 20m), damaging them and knocking them up into the air. Chance of bleed.

Wicked- Latch chains onto target, pulling yourself to them and slowing them by 40%. Chance of armor strip.

Worthy- Throw axe at target, pulling them to you and staggering them. Chance of knockdown.

3rd: Wayward: Tap activates self buff. Switching modes deactivates current buff.

Wanderer- Gain evasion while moving, and parry while standing still.

Wicked- Gain bullet deflect and nearby enemies take damage.

Worthy- Gain flat Damage Reduction.

4th: No Single Way: Waymaster unleashes Exalted Weapon, which is unique to each Way. Hold to activate/deactivate, tapping unleashes a devastating combo which can interrupt other actions and contributes to combo counter.

Wanderer: Two Handed Nikana: Slash twice vertically with a leaping lunge.

Wicked: Blade & Whip: Whirlwind spin, high chance of slash.

Worthy: Dual Axes: Slam each axe into the ground once, followed by a double slam with an electrified explosion(1-2m), low chance of Electric.

I have no actual names I could settle on, closest being Uruun. The Exalted weapons literally do the same base 60/20/20 damage, but the Nikana is 60% Slash, the kusari-gama is 60% Puncture, and the axes are 60% Impact.

The frame is supposed to be a melee monster, while also rewarding constantly switching out your way to help yourself and teammates. It's also a more technical frame that while it almost assuredly will result in a little more controller and keyboard gymnastics, it's something I'm honestly very proud of.

I had originally come up with that and two others, one a mage frame and one a rogue frame, but I'll save those for next time.

No matter what, I'm gonna hope this is a popular idea, but I've seen some others that blow mine out of the water so good luck to everyone else, and thank you so much to everyone at DE for giving us this chance to be a part of this amazing game.

You guys can't imagine how much we, or I at least, love this game, and having an honest opportunity to make something noteworthy, in a game I've been playing for five years, is such a friggin amazing moment and even if this gets zero appreciation, I literally have an entire notebook full of ideas for this game, including Focus reworks/additions, frames, weapons, and getting to put one of them out there since I'm far too chickens*** to apply to DE, gives nerds like me a chance to show you ideas that we normally fantasize about getting to share. I personally dream of hanging out with Steve and listening to him geek out lol.

Any way, TL;DR My idea is a warrior frame with Equinox's form idea and three Exalted weapons as a result.

Thanks a lot to everyone at DE, and keep up the great work!!

My theme for a Warframe is Inertia would be speed transformation.  Similar to how Nidus works and after a set amount of stacks he changes appearance, this Warframe would change their appearance based on their skills active or how fast they are moving.  Attached is an URL created by Reaar and is an example of how she could look.  Overall a metal and almost jet streamlined base look would be the way to go as long as a metallic finish. https://sta.sh/017sijv4804s 

warframe theme: medieval king

Abilities: a frame with a 4th ability exalted weapons we can choose in orbiter and affecting other abilities, you choose sword and shield to become a tank, great axe or greatsword for more damage, staff for support, a spear for control and we can throw for example.

(sorry if i made some mistake i don't speak english very well ^^')

Owl/shadowthemed warframe incorporating the darkness within that still retains 'clearsight'. Along the lines of being generally very precise and surgical, but after storing up enough darkness, unleashes shadowy 'arms' that mutilate enemies in a big radius around itself. Clearsight could work with debuffs while giving in to the darkness goes over to ruthless and direct damage

Reactor. A warframe with a unique relationship with energy. Much like an unstable reactor the warframe taps creates energy constantly, but is in greater and greater danger the more energy it has. As the warframe fills with energy a meltdown becomes more and more likely. The higher it's energy the weaker it's health and shields. 

Do a warframe themed with nature and especially with animals, the kavats and the kubrows, a sort of hunter who tracks his preys with some companions. He can have a synergy with the companion he play with and can have multiples animals with. He could also transform himself in a animal like a werewolf concept.

How about a FrankenFrame? She rips apart enemies and sutures their parts onto herself, augmenting or replacing her limbs, torso, and head. Different combinations of parts result in different effects for her powers. Using her powers burns the parts out after a few casts.

My thought is that each of her four powers would have both a tap function and a hold function. Hold would  charge and cast the normal power, tap would be a melee attack that harvests the enemy for specific parts—1 for arms, 2 for legs, 3 for torso, 4 for head.

She's a very deliberate frame, so all her casts are charged for greater effect. Each part she sutures is good for up to five ability casts, so if she sutures a part to her arms, she can cast her 1 power up to five times—or charge her 1 for a single cast at up to 5x the effect and up to double duration.

1 could be a melee damage buff, elemental and/or IPS depending on her arm parts. Default (no arm parts) is a weaker Impact buff with extended duration.

2 could be an AOE buff to health, armor, and shields, depending on enemy type, with a bonus to one depending on what parts she's using for legs. Default cast gets no bonus, but extended duration.

3 would be a parts shift. Holding 3 cycles legs parts to the torso, torso to head, head to arms, arms to legs. You release the cast when you get the parts ordered how you want. During the cast, you can continue to move, and nearby enemies get meleed by her parts flying around. This increases her combo counter.

4 would charge up her sutured parts with energy, and then cast them away for a solid AOE. Depending on how long she charged, the limbs would animate and run around attacking enemies. Element(s) and IPS of the AOE and attacks would differ for different parts, based on the same calculation as her 1.

Her passive could be a constant health regen and movement speed boost, which are transformed into an armor boost as she gains more parts. So if she's sutured parts to each location, she gets no health regen or speed boost but max armor.

The Void has watched the Orokin since they first began. Seen their triumphs and failures, but now? It's temper has reached a tipping point. Now, it rejects that which used it to create a weapon. In it's anger it has forge it's own weapon. To fight against those the would abuse its power. Those that took from it, that, which it has protected for a millennia. A weapon to help those it has protected. Abyss. A Warframe filled with Voids rage, covered in darkness, and bereft of any kindness toward all those against that which it protected.

Sorry, I already wrote this on another topic, but I don't think it was the right.

We don't have a true "bestial" Warframe. Sure, Valkyr is a traumatized fury, Nidus is basically a true "monster", but how about a true four-legged bloody creature ? To equip a weapon, he would need to be on two feet. So, with an ability, how about transforming into another form like a werewolf ? Increased movement speed, higher jumps without needing a bullet jump, a moveset inspired by the werewolf form in The Elder Scrolls : Skyrim.

He could switch between the human form and the beast form : the more damage he makes, the more he has energy to transform into the beast. Pretty similar to Baruuk but in an opposite way. I'm really influenced by Bloodborne I guess... Just finished it for the 4th time a few days ago. 

a crocodilian themed stealth/ambush warframe. Maybe based off of a Gharial if trying to go elegant (female) or a saltie if more brute (male)
They'd be able to lurk undetected with camoflauge, maybe similar to Hydroid's 3rd, but also able to do devastating sneak attacks in this form (quadruped) 

Archived