Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

So far we've gotten a few frames as part of faction-related quests: Titania for New Loka, Nidus for Perrin Sequence, Octavia for Cephalon Suda, Harrow (kinda) for Red Veil, and Chroma for Cephalon Simaris. I think a Steel Meridian quest frame would be a neat direction to go in. 

Steel Meridian is all about justice, so how about a judge-themed Warframe? Discuss what Steel Meridian is fighting for, what justice means to them, and ask questions about what exactly is justice and what is no more than revenge.

(And, as an aside, which may or may not play into this justice/vengeance theme: based on Umbra and the Helminth, we know more about what Warframes really are and where they came from. Now we can ask a lot more disturbing questions, such as:

We know about Ballas, but what happened to the rest of the Executors? Ballas was in charge of the Warframe initiative, but what if a particular unfriendly Executor got in his way, hmm...? How would such a figure feel about Ballas's... "response" to their objections?)

Maybe this has been discussed, but I'd love an actual druid warframe.
Not gardener paladin like Oberon. I mean shapeshifting, animal summoning (even if as part of a skill), controlling nature's forces(like thunder), etc.
Shapeshifting also allows the opportunity for a second ability set, which could allow build variety.
Bonus points if the design is based on Puck, to go along with Titania and Oberon.

An Arachnid Warframe. 

Something that looks kind of organic but also mechanical. We have titania who is like a fairy so I would like to see a dark version of that. Something that had been corrupted by the infested over centuries of sleep, not too unlike nidus. 

The main feature would be the additions of 4 sets of arms which could allow for some potentially interesting uses. 

What about a warframe with some ancient roman aesthetic? Inspired by a Roman Centurion, maybe? Abilities with reference to military and fighting tactics like the testudo, or tortoise, formation and maybe even a chariot to be ridden. A one man army concept perhaps, a symbol of valor, integrity, courage and honor. Granting inspiration or dmg buffs to allies.

We need a new Warframe like the Predator. Shoulder cannon that automatically headshots an enemy every 45 seconds, bigger double blades parazon that you can use as an exalted, infared vision that identifies the weak point of every enemy and traps, dreadlocks, pincers on the front of the helmet for unholy glory kills, invisibility, a scream that frightens enemies, an ability that grants unholy strength, a signature spear, and a signature flintlock pistol like the one in Predator 2. This is my vote. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/PtJVqyrCqLq16Q5GA

We already have a feline-based warframe in the form of Valkyr, so maybe a “Hound” warframe might work?

But, unlike Valkyr the berserker, the Hound would be based more around buffing allies and debuffing enemies; they’re based off of man’s best friend, after all! Not sure if it would work (or even be a good idea), but they could also be more of a squad-based warframe, receiving a boon of some kind when in a squad, though it would probably need to be something that wouldn’t make them too comparatively weak when going alone.

With Inaros and Nidus, we had frames where health was the main focus. With Hildryn, we had a frame where shields were the focus. Very rarely do we have a frame where armor is even a main part of the kit. I think it’s time that we finally had a  frame that fits the niche of a paladin, being a bulky defender who can protect and support his allies. With heavy armor plating, this Warframe could be perfect to stylize as a crusader or, if we want to stick with more eastern themes to fit the general Warframe aesthetic, an armor plated shogun. If I may throw in a bit of my own Roman fangirl flare, a centurion design would be incredible to see! It would be perfect to introduce alongside a heavy blade or two handed Nikana as well as maybe something heavier like a rocket launcher or Shotgun. My problem with tanks in warframe is most of them are either not reliant on their abilities at all to stay alive (see Inaros and Grendel) or are only bulky through the continuous use of one ability (see Valkyr and Rhino). I’d love to see a frame that not only can keep itself alive, proving to be a force of reckoning during solo ops, but in a group, it has the power to bolster its allies (akin to Oberon’s iron renewal) to make a platoon of friends unstoppable. This could allow for fun builds as a team and allow for focus on synergizing aura mods to support a squishier dps frame like Mesa or Excalibur and turn them into a juggernaut for a brief period of time. Due to this idea of strength in numbers, I believe the name “Phalanx” would be appropriate. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

The disign is heavily based upon the sentient. So I would like to see a warframe that is able to switch resistances based of status effecting the player. For example, taking toxic damage, use an ability and the status damage I reduced by 50% and the duration is reduced by 50%. Maybe that sounds like something that would be fun, giving yourself and your comrades in arms resistances to status effects and taking them from enemies. a dome in which ability drain cost is reduced or nullifying nullifying effect from enemies. A aura that stops energy drain effects from enemies at the cost of the ability's own energy drain with increasing drain cost for each enemy close. instead of healing your team, slow down the rate at which they die. The release trailer could start like: Eidiloth, the sentient warframe. With her manipulation over time and technology she can dampen the status effects of enemies. And with pure will aid her companions sustain their lives against an ever evolving war.

I hope that DE likes this idea. And is unique enough.

Personally, I had designed a warframe as a classic Halloween style Witch.

I'd make her cute and mischievous as we all have envisioned the holiday in our minds. With so much real world lore regarding Wicca or even Pop Culture Witches, we have plenty of details that we can go for on the more specifics. A witch's familiar? (Cats, Owls, Toads, and more!) A Witch's broom? (Flight or something like it?) A witch's Cauldron? (I'd love to see a Witch slinging potions made in a cauldron on the map, sorta akin to Wisp's Reserviors) or even a witch's curse! So much room to flesh out, and so much room to customize it to make this warframe wholly unique, despite being such a tried and true theme!

A glitch warframe, like unknown, corrupted, as the abilites glitch out the enemies and it can change between glitches to the enemy or just random glitches with a rng on what you'll get when you use the ability, the glitches can be anything as for stuns, AOE damage, invincibilty, maybe adapting to other warframe abilities as for example Mesa's Shooting Gallery or something else.

A warframe all about possession

By a mutated strain of the infection this warframe is able to control its enemies to do its bidding.

I see it with a lot of tubes and pipes sticking out, presumably for releasing mind-controlling spores.

-
I could really see this being a good cc and/or stealth warframe
Also possessed enemies should be able to instantly use panels, because they'd know the code, right?
-

Exoskeleton frame - not worn by operator, but able to attach to ally, or to forcefully attach to enemy. Being able to neutralize single enemy while gaining ablative wounds (and enemies shooting at both you and their ally at same time) would be really fun! Passive could be dealing small amount of damage per second to nearby alerted enemies + environment objects.

15 minutes ago, Dragon-Fist said:

Gravity themed warframe

I second this,

It could make enemies float then smash into the floor pancake style or create a dense field crushing their legs so they have to crawl forward. This theme probably has the most diverse possibilities

Why not make warframe that has summoning companions? Companions like flying drone, moa, bursa and little drone that could player can control so he could go hack with it or something like that. And abilities would be something like

Passive - based on what companion is summoned it would give bonus stats like bonus armor, bonus health, bonus mana regen and bonus movespeed

1st ability - Deploy companion (can be deployed only one at time) and after deploying player could press it once to mark target to attack or hold to recall (If player will recall it, it will recharge its health slowly and could be deployed again even if not full hp, but if it would die, played must wait for all hp of that companion to be back before deploying it again, that would make players bit rewarding if they check on it)

2nd ability - Rotation between four of them

3rd ability - Throwing grenade that when lands, will explode and stop time in that area and will freeze all enemies

4th ability - Summon all of them to battlefield

Archived