Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

This warframe is a ghost, it is a shadow. His body is just a shell that he can change.  Turning into a clot, this shadow, like a stain, imperceptibly sneaks up under its opponents and, finding its victim, takes possession of the body.  After you subjugate the enemy for a while, you have a choice, you can hide in  among adversaries (like a wolf in sheep's clothing) and move from one body to another without suspicion. Changing the body, you take away part of the enemy’s health and the body disappears. Or use the weapon of the enemy, killing his allies.  Make your game even more interesting and find out what it feels like to be in the role of your enemy.

Additional descriptions of warframe.  Gender Male.  Slender, on the body elements resembling a mantle hanging down to the abdomen.  Mostly dark colors, clawed arms and made of dark energy.  Instead of a head, a dark clot with a mask emerging from the neck (something like a spoon).

3 minutes ago, (XB1)LocatingSpring8 said:

A fallen prototype warframe that was destroyed in a failed operation, but later salvaged and repaired by a ragtag group of kiddos who used whatever they had handy.

That was an idea I used for a Grineer based frame. Where he was basically the perfect war machine but suffered severe injuries during a war and the grineer captured him, enhanced him with their cyber technology and heavy artillery, and brainwashed him into serving them. 

Codename : Fenrir 

Fenrir is a wolf warframe focusing on heavily on abilities and using combos with abilities to maximize the damage. He has no shields and regenerates health. 

Passive 

Consecutive hits with abilities deal 0.30% more damage with each hit 

Ability 1 (20s)

Each ability hit restores 10%  hp of the abilitys damage 

Ability 2

Leaps in to a designted location dealing damage around him as he lands. After landing gets a 20% speed buff and a 20% attack speed buff for 8s

Ability 3

Uses claws to slash in front of him five times (AoE) final hit is always a crit. (Moves forward while slashing) 

Ability 4 (Channel) 

Howls, entering a bloody frenzy. Movement speed is increased by 50% and damage is increased by 70%, attack speed is increased by 60% armor is decreased by 40%, immune to stagger. When using melee hits with claws causing bleeding. Melee has 20% increased crit chance. 

His name:prolcep

Tag:preception,beast,human warframe,assassin

He use his eyes and eras to find enemies

“You saw me,so I can see you,hear you,everywhere”

Skills: 1st He open the eye in his human hand,overawe enemy

2st He use two pair ears to feel echoes,through the wall to find enemy and mark them

3st nowhere to be seen/feel mailce  In human,he can avoil enemy find him;In beast,he will mark eveyone if them see him

4st open his sex eyes and use his monster claws

Passive skill:He can use his claws to attsck marked enemys in straight ahead,ignore distance or walls

Short story

In orokin era,when Prolcep was a youth.He can use some tools to preception things nearby.Maybe by his strong preception,he can feel some indescribable.Even he never get to the space.Afterwards,orokin make him become a warframe,he out of control,long time.One day,in some where,he saw a residual image,a warframe.He sobered up a bit,see clearly the warframe,her residual image was looking his.Prolcep decided wait in here,wait the future her come to leave residual image in the past.

Thanks for read,ahem,and I am sorry for my bad english.I draw out my idea,how can I send it. XD

I'd really love to see a female counterpart to Frost, named Hail.
Frost and his snow globes (can) make for a more protective, supportive frame, but then you've got Hail, who's this crazy, hyper offensive ice waifu who strikes quickly with the force of a blizzard, scattering little ice shards as a byproduct of any of her abilities.
I think that'd be seriously cool, you could have the parts drop from the third Orb Mother, because Orb Vallis goes really well with this cold theme

More than anything I just think it'd be nice for there to be a cute little Warframe couple!
You could have some cute lore about the original operators of Frost and Hail being really close
You could revamp Frost at the same time that Hail gets released
You could even give them both an ability that allows them to interact with each other, resulting in a greater damage/support than either of them could achieve alone, and you could have the names of those abilities be the start and end of the same sentence :')

Whatever her abilities would turn out to be, there's multiple places you can pull themes from.
Maybe once upon a time Hail's abilities were more of a parallel to Frost's but after an immeasurably long time away from Frost they might have morphed or decayed into abilities that portray loneliness, longing, maybe even recklessness or a belief of unreturned faith.
There's the obvious ice theme, she might resemble a graceful ice skater, as a callback to a more beautiful and casual time with Frost, and she could dance through enemies, slicing them as she goes.
Then there's the survival theme, what did she have to do to be able to survive on her own and in what ways did she adapt as time went by? Maybe she has an ice/snow cloak that allows her to go invisible, maybe she has long, bloodstained ice claws that free enemies on contact. I think there are so many different angles that could be taken.

So what would she look like?
Well her defining visual features in my mind are that she looks almost totally opposite from Frost, so she'd be smaller and more slender while Frost is taller and sturdier. 
Frost and particularly Frost Harka's design have a lot of small details that look like they would add a rough texture to him, whereas Hail should be a much sleeker, more streamlined frame, as if she was carved out of a slab of ice.
Ice skates built into her legs for a unique running/crouch animation that emphasises the ice skater.
Maybe from the knees down her legs are sharp and pointed, allowing for large sweeping kicks that allow her to maintain momentum.
She would have a freaking huge ass
A snow textured syandana
The earrings from Frost Harka's skin should be part of her original skin (or as an auxiliary cosmetic), and then later on, she could receive a Harka deluxe bundle that doesn't allow her to use the earrings, because she gave them to Frost Harka.

Honestly it's awesome how exponentially the creativity that goes into building these frames increases, but I'd really like to see a frame that doesn't have a meter, or some crazy-but-defining feature that sets it apart from everything else, I really like some of the older members of the Warframe roster and would really love to see a frame be released that can fit right into the more classic group of frames and look like it was always there, or feel like it was always supposed to be. 

This idea evolved a lot while I was thinking about it and as a result what I've said is a bit inconsistent and all over the place, but I do really like it and really hope that there's some chance that this will come to pass. I think this idea would breathe new life, new story and new appreciation for Frost, while bringing out a Warframe with a lot of personality and familiarity.

A Scrapper/Junker Warframe, its theme is about using things found or stolen on the battlefield to its own benefit. Stripping the armor pieces of Grineer (and reducing their armor in the process) and applying them to its own body to increase its armor, or the shields from Corpus. Maybe increased health and/or some constant HP regen from infested. Alternatively using it to maybe plant various traps or build otherwise beneficial things from scrap. Could expend the armor/shield/health bonuses its gathered to make those things.

Thinking it could gather scrap from both dead and living enemies either with something similar to Nidus ability that pulls enemies together, or maybe releasing small junk bots to run out and steal for it. Or simply picking it up from nearby enemies/corpses it comes across like it would normal loot. All those are just examples though, the general idea is just a scrapper/junker frame that steals or scavenges tech and metal bits off the battlefield. And can just apply it to itself to make itself stronger. Optionally able to expend it and lose those bonuses in return for making things with it.

Its lore could be something along the lines of its now long broken/decayed body being found on some abandoned or barely populated part of the galaxy, thinking something a bit like Deck 12 in Fortuna but maybe on a Grineer planet or something. And the old warframe adapted to using the old rusted junk and tech there to survive for as long as it could. And we copy its blueprints from it. Visually im imagining some kind of rustbucket frame with loads of metal plates and such welded unto it, small bits here and there showing its old more intricate and smooth look. But almost entirely covered in scraps and such now. Optionally maybe add some light steampunk themes to it.

I'd like a frame actually taking from Arthurian knights. Excal is basically just name only really, since he's a posterboy and lacks any real kinda theme besides 'sword'.

So a right and proper knightframe who actually looks the part would be excellent. Maybe something with a nice big shield? Not necessarily shield-shields, but like a sword-and-shield shield. Maybe his passive is just having his shield always, so regardless of what melee weapon he's using, he has a shield's block angle. Possibly even let him continue to block when aiming with a gun, riot-shield style. Show them shield-lancers what-for.

A penance theme. Becoming stronger as it takes damage. Something similar to embers current damage reduction, but if there is no damage going out, rather then just burning a power, Penance will eventually overpower and health will decline faster the higher the damage absorption climbs. Doing actual damage will burn off the power reducing damage out and providing heals. In addition to buffing damage in, it gives small amounts of energy to help burn the health debuff. Having to maintain a balance between damage out and damage in to stay alive could be a fun variation.  Another self heal tank/cc with lots of spikes in a beat up iron maiden style armor that can crack and resonate power as damage becomes more threatening.

I forgot to add a plot point. Prior to becoming a frame. This candidate was a sole survivor of some horrible battle/operation and suffered from survivors remorse, became a warframe by choice. Then punishes all who stand in his/her way. 

Iron Maiden skin, Blind Justice skin

Exalted : a spiked lash that can bind enimies and drain life.  

On 2020-03-06 at 4:53 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

Kafka, a insect based frame whose abilities revolve around the control and manipulation of the insects that live within its carapace.

Abilities:

1: cocoon: Kafka wraps itself in a silky coffin to heal itself for a short duration. Once the timer hits zero, Kafka burst out of the cocoon, dealing aoe damages and releasing a cloud of flying insects to confuse surrounding enemies. Enemies caught in the attack are open to finishers.

2: hivemind: Kafka orders its insects to attack and take control over enemies. The affected enemies will gain a bonus attack at the cost of reduced health in order to serve their new master.

3: nest: Kafka creates an aoe where allies can gain bonus armor and weapon buffs. While its allies prosper, its enemies are slowly consumed by the hungry nest. The more enemies consumed, the stronger the buffs are.

4: plague rifle: Kafka summons its exalted weapon: an ethereal rifle that strikes enemies with voracious larvae that chew through flesh and metal. The rifle has a combo counter like a sniper rifle, except instead of dealing extra damages, it regenerates more health and energy. The rifle uses Kafka's health to shoot.

Nightmare Frame, "Nightmera" (female) or just "Nightmare" (male) ....you can decide on the gender of this frame Tenno.
We already have an Undead frame, an infested frame, a dark priest always wanting to sacrifice but no frame Based on Nightmares. . . . 

"Details like back stories"  - As the orokin sleeps, the ancestral memory unfolds, unraveling a frame born out of pure Nightmares (orokin was having fear of sentients). One by one, the orokin began to feel a slight relief as the same dream of being hunted was getting less and less. They were protected...not by Ballas, not by any but, by there own Nightmares of being hunted.  As time went, there was a day with no dreams but a day when dreams and reality had intertwined making this frame alive and free. 

As of now, this frame lurks around the Kuva Fortress / Void trying to survive on the remaining dreams of the once was Orokin. (if you wish you could decide on the location btw) 

(....also I don't know how t.f. to upload a URL from my phone so here's the link to my Instagram instead.... )

a frame that is a cloud of nanobots (has ability that activates basic humanoid form) that can possess non-essential humanoid enemies (in the first person!) which alter the frames abilities based on the race, life of possessed enemy is equal to shield the warframe possessed at the time of transferring consciousness. origin is ancient corpus technology unearthed

Intelligence collector warframe

A warframe hat uses certain enemy abilities (the aura that eximus unit has for example) and create weakspots in the opposition.

Could have a (selected) enemy summon as a ultimate 

And has a Sentinal as a permanent warframe companion, like Khora has.

A JoJo frame...

Seriously though I was thinking...

Much like how umbra excal works during tenno mode we could have a Warframe which uses/partners with your tenno (I'm gonna have to explain a possible ability to convay what I mean, the first ability could be a power toss which throws your tenno at a range which does a blast on impact and also acts as a transference with the reapplication of same ability forces your Warframe to snap back into you creating another blast effect). 

The idea of using your tenno and frame together would be interesting as my mind just flows back to when tenno mode was new for me during the whole war arc.

Homonculus

The Grineer/Steel Meridian frame we so desperately crave, as a sort of ghoul if you like but based in the concept of a long-abandoned homebrew project of Regor.
Abilities in my mind can vary from that of tech, ghoul shenanigans and summon orientation, perhaps a focus on grenades with a real bit of attention to crowd control, something not very powerful but wholesomely accompanying for a standard team.

The real heart of it, I'd love for him/her to summon a small gang of rodents using something similar to that of the maggot mechanics from Nidus, except more involved and longer lasting that follows the frame more than the other, failing that just a big chonky roller that the Ult summons, cus thats adorable.

Visually? The gender isn't important, aslong as they themselves appear obviously reasonably grineer in nature but nicely misshapen!

Year of the Rat, People love Grineer, People love Zambies, everybody wins!

Also, whenever Homonculus isn't on screen everyone should be asking "Where's Homonculus??".
monday python GIF

warframe with mechanics on damage reflection and interaction.  his main abilities should be associated with the reflection of the percentage of damage that will depend on the strength of abilities.  The highlight will be the ability to interact with other frames.  with the help of his ability, he should fit the frame of another player thereby strengthening him and allowing him to supplement his ability to reflect damage or effects to a full 100%.  the frame should look like a toy consisting of four parts, which in turn levitate like wisp, when the ability is used, one part is separated from the main body and begins to fulfill its function.  when reflected, for example, one of the parts turns into a mirror-like thing, thereby beginning to reflect everything that falls into this mirror back.  whether it’s movement on it, or damage from shots, but the mechanics must be made so that these things that pass through the mirrors “continue” their movement.  for example, when the frame goes towards the mirror, it enters this mirror like into nova's portal, but the animation of the exit from the mirror is as if it made a 180-degree turn and at the same time did not.  I have poor English and therefore it’s difficult for me to describe the idea of a frame, but if you can describe it in Russian ,.  would describe in more detail.and the feature of the game on it will be connected on some mini-game, which will be launched from him during this or that ability.  for example, with an ult, he will split his 3 "fragments" will fly apart to other frames and cling to them, and he will lose the ability to either move independently or something like that.  but at the same time, he will be able to 100% strengthen the effect of his actions.  it will be a toy frame that looks like 4 fragments when it is whole,

Hello Digital Extreme team,

I'm French so excuse me for the translation.

Warframe name: VOLKO
My theme on the new warframe would be VOLCANIC. More specifically the WASHER. 
VOLKO will have extremely destructive offensive capabilities capable of dissolving hordes of enemies thanks to its volcanic 
powers associated with lava.

Thank you for giving the community the chance to design the next warframe.

See you soon Tenno.

Archived