Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A God of War/berserk warframe that a look similar to a six arm hindu God. The arms would be used a for different abilities regarding cc, damage output, takiness etc. Which would revolve around an 'adrenaline' meter that would increase as the frame receives more damage and gives a slight armor bonus. 

The passive could be something along the lines of receiving an 100% evasion when low on health. The amount of javelin thrown would scale with either duration or efficiency with a hard cap at probably ~20 or less javelins

The first ability be a series of homing javelin that would deal a given damage and drain the opponents health which would heal the frame. 

The second would be that all of the frames arm manifest and the frame lunges towards its target strips armor or shields at a given percent and depending on the enemy. Then the frame would fling the enemy dealing damage that can scale based power strength that also increases the percent of armor/shield gained. 

The third would be a series of of modes or stances that you could cycle through. Similar to chroma's color change or equinox's metamorphosis. 

And finally the frame would go on a rampage and gain health for every enemy killed. Until its adrenaline meter depletes. 

Edit: he would have a long waistcloth that would be in the style of a trench coat with segments of armor. As you'd go up the body you see various scars scattered across the abdomen and back. The back would look like a spine and rib cage extending through the abdomen and segments connecting to a series of 4 protrusions were the other 4 arms manifest as void projections that have parts of metal in the joints and for arms. Then the helm would like some kind of horned beast like demon esc type. Finally the arms and legs would have a series of rings attached to forearms and calves as in the fashion of piercings. 

Ditto - A warframe that can mimic other warframe abilities ... maybe with shorter duration/range/strength than the original warframe

eg look at volt team mate, press 1 and you now have the shock ability and you can use is throughout the rest of the mission. The shock damage will be 100 instead of 200 (volt's maximum)

look at rhino, press 2 and now you have iron skin but half the value that rhino player has.

basically, the initial idea was to have some sort of modular warframes from different warframe parts which grants you the different abilities but this one is more of a hijack team mate abilities

as for the powers when there are 4 ditto in a squad, i'll leave that to the community and devs to figure out

This is PANZER (can be whichever gender):

Passive ability: Any weapon that Panzer equips becomes One-Handed. ("When Panzer runs out of shield he can use his health to cast his abilities with 50% efficiency" I dont know if this is needed, maybe too OP)

First ability (costs x flat amount of shield):

Panzer slams the ground with his Great-Shield in front (similar to nidus but has no travel) causing an AOE dealing "x amount of damage".

-Damage type depends on his current weapont equiped [Primary weapon > Impact damage], [Secondary weapon >  Puncture damage], [Melee weapon > Slash Damage] (ability guarantees status proc)

-Damage is (insert damage), depends on power strength.

-Range is 15x2m, depends on power range (could only affect length, or also width).

-Ability cost depends on efficiency

BONUS: With Great-Shield active, adds side AOE to the ability (in a cross pattern).

-Range becomes 15x2m in front and 5x2m to the sides, depends on power range (could only affect length, or also width).

Ability explanation: This is the simple and basic ability, due to damage type depending on weapon equiped incentivise the player to be changing between his weapons. Adding slash damage for melee might make it endgame-worth. (Suggestion: add an passive where, for each weapon equiped the ability gains damage, in order to incentivise even more the use of multiple weapons).

Second ability (costs x percentage of current shield):

Panzer plants in the ground a beacon which grants to him and his allies several buffs, Shield regeneration/second.

-Total shield regenerated, is a percentage of Panzer's max shield (Shield regen is then calculated with ability duration), depends on power strength.

-Duration of the ability is 20s, depends on power duration.

-Range is 10m, depends on power range.

-Ability cost depends on efficiency

BONUS: With Great-Shield active, beacon also grants holster speed

-Holster speed is a flat 100% bonus.

Ability explanation: This is the main way for Panzer to gain back his shields. The hasle will be balancing the ratios for shield cost and regen, it will need lots of testing. 

Third ability (costs x percentage of max shield):

Passive, Panzer acumulates the last 15s of damage recived in a meter.

Active, Panzer prepares for dashing emitting an AOE weave of magnetic damage and emittis another AOE weave of radiation damage on landing.

-Damage recived acumulaton frame is flat 15s.

-Dashing range is 10m, can be recasted to finish dash early, depends on power range.

-AOE radius is 12m, depends on power range.

-AOE damage is 20% of damage recived meter, for each instance of the ability.

-Ability cost depends on efficiency.

BONUS: With Great-Shield active, the ability becomes castable on allies (Panzer will dash towards the ally instead), upon landing creates a cilindric energy shield (shape similar to Gara's 4) which stops enemy incoming bullets and adds magnetic damage and status chance to ally bullets that passes through the shield.

-Dashing range towards allies is 20m, depends on power range.

-Shield health is 50% of damage recived meter.

-Shield health type is the same as the Tenno's.

-Shield lasts unltil health depleated or after a new shield is created.

-Damage bonus 100%, depends on power strength.

-Status chance bonus flat 150%.

Ability explanation: A way to give Panzer some dynamic damage and boost ally damage output with the new status chance chages. The mechanics will make more sense with the last ability.

Forth ability (costs x percentage of current shield on cast, and drains x percentage of max shields/second while blocking):

On cast, Panzer loads his Great-Shield granting bonuses to his other abilities. While Great-Shield is active Pancer is inmune to knockdowns and staggers. Upon blocking Panzer gains damage reduction and attracts all enemy damage in an radius, reduces his movement speed and FOV and he can still shoot any of his weapons but can't ADS. While using melee the shield will retract but not uncast so Panzer can use melees normaly. Blocking with melee for more than 0.5s will bring up the Great-Shield and the last weapon used.

-Damage reduction 50% up to 90%, depends on power strength. Damage acumulated on 3rd ability isn't affected by this damage reduction.

-Damage attraction range 8m, depends on power range.

-Movement speed decrease flat 50%.

-Ability cost depends on efficiency.

Ability explanation: It's Panzer's singnature ability, and synergizes with his third ability. 

Authors comentary:

The Idea of a shield (physical shield) based frame was something I always thought about while playing warframe. Whithin characters pools of games like League of legends, Overwatch, R6... there is always an shielded hero, Leona, Reinheart, Monty... so I designed this frame to fit the roll of the shielded guardian of Warframe.

I was going to base my warframe in health and armor but I think this shield based version might be more original and fun. And a great partner for Hyldrin as the second warframe with abilities based on shields.

Panzer si a frame based on objective defense, damage mitigation and ally support, but can also deal tons of damage! 😄

The play-style of this frame can be simple and fun, or you can optimize every aspect of him to be extremely efficient, my objective is to incentivise coop play, active gameplay, and whise loadout choices, swaping between weapons to be as effcicient as posible.

PS: English is not my mother toungue, so writeing this took me a long while, sorry for any gamatical errors :c

I am Bad at Drawing so let me tell, just this concept i have been thinking about..

No idea about his name too, maybe like Fatgum or something.

How about a frame that shrinks or gets large in size based on the damage it dealt or damage dealt to it.

What i am trying to say is, it starts out as a regular frame with regular size who has 4 skills like rest, but there will be a meter that fills up, his/her damage taken and damage received.

once one of those 2 bars reaches full, if he/she had more damage taken, his/her size becomes large and all enemies aggro on him/her, in this state he/her gains new 3 skills and also a big armour boost,has one skill that grants him/her immunity and protects the team, rest 2 skills you decide, surprise me.

same goes for when he/she does more damage too, his/her size shrinks, and he/she is able to evade most enemy attacks, n has Aoe attacks, in this form too he/she gains new 3 skills..

well i came up with this idea because there is not size shrinking frames in warframe, this would create more diversity.

Ok so, my theme is inspired in Ruby Heart from MvC2 and the flying dutchman from spongebob

Ghostly Pirate warframe, that can summon his ship to cannon barrage the field,

also can call his ghost crew to aid him in fights

and use spectral weapons: pistols, cutlass and maybe chains/anchor

all about being spooky ghost pirate captain.

A cyber frame (magnetic) that can overload enemies causing debuffs (like jamming weapons, slow, and shield stripping) and overcharge allies (and self) increasing weapon damage (via adding magnetic), fire-rate, and/or status chance. Maybe an ability to grab, hold, and throw enemies, plucking them out, using them as a meat shield for a bit, then turning your unfortunate victim/s into a missile/s. An idea for a passive would be the ability to hack consoles to drain energy from them, once per console, but not all levels have consoles so this may not work..

You know how the Grineer were once Orokin? What if we had them try and construct a Warframe for their liches to use! They would probably have some sort of adaptiveness to their abilities and then they would probably be more tech based like an iron man Warframe or maybe they could scan the DNA/programming of their enemies allowing them to steal some of their powers? Not entirely sure on the abilities but I think it could make a pretty cool foundation.

Theme: Chaos/Entropy

A warframe born from the roiling, colliding forces of nature, an essence of chaotic energy. With a jittery gait, the warframe pick up enemies with the whisper of a thought, flinging them against each other. Objects and bodies (living and dead) circling around the figure mid-air, absorbing bullets, as if an invisible hand had picked them up for a macabre dance.

This warframe is unpredictable; primal, like a vicious beast. Yet still not an animal. It doesn't hunt, feed, or play.
It is a force of nature, but doesn't belong to any element. This frame is the force contained in a howling meteor, crashing into a moon. It is the wings ripping up trees and walls during apocalyptic hurricanes. It is the cracking ground racing across the surface, born from the mightiest of earthquakes.

This warframe is entropy incarnate.

Wow I have so many ideas that I could list out and I know this is too much but eh
A Warframe with abilities with gas/plasma named Aither
Example abilities:
Gas Chamber - releases wide area of poisonous gas
Plasma Blast - shoots out a blast of supercharged gas      
Gas Explosion - releases a pocket of gas that explodes when enemies are near 
Gas Cloud - hides in a gas cloud distracting enemies

A hairy Warframe that manipulates its said hair named Brun
Example Abilities: Kinda self explanatory make up something cool

A Warframe that flips a coin all the time or dropping them and is greedy and a gambler named Gifre
Example Abilities:
Gamble's Flip - cause a random buff on heads or debuff on tails
Coin Gatling - Shoots out numerous amount of coins damage based on amount of currency possessed
Greed - Steals health and shields from enemies
My Hoard - Buffs yourself and teammates while causing random status effects on enemies

A Warframe that is a hivemind made out of something like nanites or something else named Nano
Example Abilities: Abilities to send out nanites to siphon off health, energy, or shields and attack 

A Warframe based on a king or acts like one named Regal
Example Abilities:
Regal Shout - Compels enemies to fight each other
King's Orders - sends out minions to attack enemies
Peace and War - Kills enemies in close proximity and stuns/blinds enemies at a farther distance
Monarch's Sword - Grows a pair of fire wings and pulls out a flaming sword that causes fire damage maybe have an exalted weapon for that

A Warframe based on exorcism/cultivation like onmyodo practitioners named Miko
Example Abilities:
Soul Seal - Seals the soul of a enemy killing them and nearby enemies to the target get stunned/blinded
Paper Charm - Sends out numerous paper charms that blow up when coming in contact of enemies
Shikigami Summoning - Basically acts like another sentinel for a duration of time
Wu Xing Circle - Non damaging AOE attack but causes every type of elemental damage to foes

On 2020-03-07 at 8:41 AM, Arcerinex said:

Void (Name up for debate): A Space-themed Warframe

Abilities are directly related to the manipulation of space, be it from the usage of planar space or the plasma/void energy within space.

• Dislocate - Shifting the space around it can relocate enemies and/or allies to its advantage
  • Channel - Drawing directly from above atmosphere or from local space around it, it charges itself with energy to create a planar armor of sorts, eating bullets or providing a hard, invisible wall against fire
  • Channeled Release - Expels this energy in offensive manners, harnessing beams of raw void/plasma energy
  • Shatter - Breaking the very plane of space around it, causing vacuums and void leaks, drawing the enemy in and amping its own power

This is definitely open for debate, but thats what I've got.

That just sounds like Mag with Gauss' Kinetic Plating and Wisp's Sol Gate

a luck and gambling based warframe with a feather dancer and gambler aesthetic.

i know only themes for this wave but i wanna put a play style description to help give visual

The gambler warframe is all about luck and money, in mission they can pick up credits adding to their pot stash, and their abilities use this meter and her energy to give random effects such as buffs and damage, they can even control how much they bet, using more credits for stronger effects.

note that this warframes pot is increased from credit pickups but does not increase credits gain, had the idea strength goes into a multiplier like say 2.5. So if you pickup 100 credits, 250 credits are added to the pot.

Pollution-based warframe:

Some possible ideas to explore include, but are not limited to:

• Acid rain
  • Toxic sludge
  • Gas burnoff
  • Smog/smoke, perhaps "choking out" enemies
  • Heat, gas, toxin, or corrosive elemental damage

Arising from the cesspool created by the Grineer on Ceres comes a representation of nature's revenge on its killers. A possible name could be something like Smog or something related to physical representation of pollution. This could give players another reason to come to Ceres in addition to farming Orokin cells, especially since the planet is the main location of a unique tileset. I like the texture given to the pools and "waterfalls" of toxic sludge in the tileset. However, pollution in reality manifests itself in many forms, so there are a large number of ideas a warframe with this theme could explore, like water, air, noise, and soil pollution.

Perhaps the release of a warframe based around pollution and the damage it can cause to enemies could also be a way for this game to bring more attention to the problems facing our own planet because of various types of pollution.

I'd like to see a warframe with the capability to build things. We always read about tenno craftsmanship and use weapons made by tenno, but there's no one in person we meet that is responsible for providing the blueprints of the tools of war we need to keep the system in balance. I have to imagine that there's a warframe out there that could be considered something of a builder, or craftsman, or inventor and uses the powers of imagination and creation to give tenno the advantage.

A symbiote warframe that focuses on bonding and reinforcing allies or taking manual control of enemies. 

When bonding with an ally, you'd increase their damage, health, and armor. Also be able to lash out with tendrils that can skewer and knockdown enemies that could pose a problem to your host. And if your host would go down you could take their place or flee.

When bonding with an enemy, you'd take control of them and increase their damage, health, and armor. You will  have restricted movement speed to just walking or running (A bullet jumping Bombard would be pretty funny) but your host will take the brunt of all damage that is dealt to you and if they would die you could gain a few seconds of invulnerability in order to find a new host.

Also if sombody has already posted a similar theme please let me know.

Vulcan - Forgemaster Frame

Roman God Theme. Collects scrap from the battlefield and melta them down in his microforges to create armor and weapons. He strips enemy armor to forge his own, fires off lances of superheated plasma and metal, and for his ultimate: forges a numberof powerful heavy weapons that rain down, stabbing into the ground so that he and allies can pick up and use them until they break. 

Archived