Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

How about a baboon or warthog themed Warframe? 

There have been suggestions for a beast/bipedal Warframe and this one links nicely to the natural world.

Could be a frame based in the Grineer-controlled forests of Earth, perhaps one that has a backstory linked to Rhino's (like how Grendel and Gauss were a team). Not sure it would fit in with Wukong's general lore

They could gain buffs from collect orbs/items on the ground (like baboons gathering food, or hogs looking for truffles). A baboon style frame would also have more parkour potential. The number of collected items could then go on to affect the strength/duration of a beast-transformation ult skill

I have no idea if it’s been suggested in any of the 153 pages yet but I’d throw out the idea of a dark matter/dark energy Warframe. 
It interacts with certain objects or enemies based on gravity but, like dark matter, does not interact well with things in our observable spectrum of light. 
Perhaps the warframe was exposed to some kind of neutrino outburst or WIMPs (theoretical particles) or something similar during an ancient battle. However it got lost due to its inability to interact with regular matter. Maybe the void allows it to interact in both states of matter, the observable and dark matter. 

As for a dark energy theme to tie in, the warframe could contract or expand space-time around it. Perhaps it could tie in with the railjack and spaceflight. 

Thanks for the consideration! 

I see so many different ideas that i'm truly overwhelmed over what I can input here..

But here is my idea!

An eccentric alchemic frame, one what is able to draw sigils on surfaces something like:

• alchemic sigils that carries different dmg properties (on weapons/allies as buff or enemies to set them on fire/poison/freeze etc)
  • sigils that denotes healing/recovery in an enclosed area
  • summoning sigils that summons NPC allies to help in the fight ( or maybe one that absorbs predetermined fallen enemies / living enemies to be used as sacrifice for the summoned)

That's pretty much the idea I have and I hope is unique enough that it's not within the 153 pages before me.. lol

I would like to see a 'celestial zodiac summoner' style frame (like. Lucy from fairytail). She can have normal magic style skills but for her ulti (and you can do quests to unlock different celestial keys) you can summon a time based celestial zodiac (depending on the key you select - maybe like irvavs arrows? ) that has different damage/buff/de-buff capabilities. 

how about a support warframe that is about ammo. call them Caliber or something.

with huge constantly loading ammo belts hanging off them like a dress. 

one ability would give the current weapon unlimited ammo for a short time.

the other ability would give the team explosive rounds, every weapon getting a small AoE to it or decreasing damage falloff.

another ability would refill the ammo for everyone.

a damaging ability could be lobbing a bunch of ammo at enemies and making them explode mid air like the corinth airburst with drakoon projectiles.

another could be blowing up ammo on enemies, disarming them and hurting a lot

to survive they would have a trophy system kinda ability destroying shots mid air like a protective bubble around the frame as long as they have ammo stocked up

passive ammo regen while picking up ammo allows use of abilities.

what about a moon frame since wisp is basically a sun one. One of the abilities would be based on gravity, or something related to that, one can open a black hole that sucks in the enemies in area like walls and floors and when it's over some of the body parts would be stuck there sticking out of the hole for a while, the passive can be any kill they gets would regen their energy slowly, and make it expensive to cast their abilities so it can even it out or something, something that can summon stars or something like that that damages or heals, or both depending who she applies it at. Her/His frame should shine when it's night, or glimmer at certain light angles.

An angel of death dark matter type frame. With a exalted grime reaper scythe as well as steath capability possibly melting In to a shadow.  

It's back story would be that she was a failed prototype of necros that was later captures and tortured by the sentient. Driven made and succumbing to her darker nature she makes her escape and tears a sentient gallion she was on in half and flew into the darkest part of space.

Her passive could be as she takes damage to her heath your damage increase.

Her one would be a beam of heavy dark matter that she fires at an enemy 

Her 3 would be a cc or a pet summon (hell hound) or something like frosts snowglobe or khoras strangle dome

Her 2nd ability would be a way for her to buff her armor and heath

Her 4 would be an exalted scythe 

I want to see a General Grievous frame, something with an extra pair of arms that can equip a second pair of secondary weapons.

imagine, activating your fourth ability and being able to auto-fire both your Staticor, and your Twin Grakatas in a flurry of gun fire. That sounds like my cup of tea

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RinneganRogue said:

My idea would have to be a Gravity manipulation Warframe. Abilities 1-3 would have to do with tweaking gravity, and the fourth could produce a blackhole ability. You could even name the warframe Event Horizon or just Horizon. Idk, I think it would be a cool idea especially for missions that require crowd control. 

ayyyyy we have the same idea lol

Hi there Spaceninjas ^-^

Here is my entry.
Note: Sorry if this sort of idea already came up, but I simply did not look at all the other ~150 pages in this thread. Still, the few entries I saw were already pretty darn amazing. Good luck to all! XctPENl.gif

Warframe-Theme:
CREDITS/ FINANCE! (hear me out, this can be fun)
Investing. Betting/Gambling. Spending. Supporting other Tenno.

The Theme of this Warframe is about the most essential ressource that you can get in every mission: Credits.
Credits can be found...well... all over the Solarsystem! Everywhere. They are always around us. We know that every single Tenno always gathers a few Credits during a Mission & we know that we want (and need) more Credits so we can keep on playing.

This Warframe is based on 3 simple, but very effective ideas:

1. The more Credits you have - the stronger you get!
  2. Sometimes you have to invest/bet Credits and take a risk to make even more profit!
  3. You can support others by spending Credits!

Those three points are the main foundation when it comes to the "how to play this Warframe"-ways

"Credits? How is that suppose to work out?"
(Note: Since Helen said "We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase" I will try to refrain from posting any exact ability-ideas in this thread as good as possible. I have this Warframe&the Abilities more in depth written... but this is not the right place or time to share those ideas.)

Spoiler

Do not worry, poor Tenno, your overall Credits in your Inventory won't get lost when you use this Warframe. The Theme would only affect the current mission, not your overall credit-deposit.
The player would need some sort of visual aid so they won't be in the dark about their current financial situation during the mission. That's why this Warframe could have a gauge (like Gauss/Baruuk/...) that displays the amount of Credits you currently have in your active mission = The Creditcounter.
So at the start of the Mission it would be at 0. The amount rises the more credits you earn/pick up...and depletes if you spent some. You get the point

The player can decide:
1. The more Credits you have - the stronger you get.
A high Creditcounter results in  certain positive effects for your own! You and only you get harder/better/faster/stronger.

2. Sometimes you have to invest/bet Credits and take a risk to make even more profit!
Or in other words:
Invest with Credits in Abilities.
e.g. Boost your Abilities and their effect by spending not only Energy, but Credits on them too! (Gameplaymechanic: Hold the Ability-button instead of pushing it once.)
Cycle through certain Bets with an Ability.
Depending on the type of Bet, you/the group receives a special buff/boost/amount of credits! (Gameplaymechanic: Could be activated like Ivaras 1st Ability)

3. You can support others by spending Credits!
Sharing is caring - You might loose a little bit of your credit-wealth & personal "strength" , but the group could overall profit.

It is very important that this Warframe remains accessible aswell as useful for the majority of players.
Furthermore the topic "Balance" would be very very veryyy important since adding an ingame ressource during the missions to the main theme of a Warframe&their Abilities was never done before.

If you are doing a mission and need some more Credits, you could still use this Warframe while keeping the Credits for your own. (You get strong, but the rest of the group... not that much)
If you are doing a mission but you are in no urgent need of even more credits, you could use this Warframe to support & buff others during the mission. ( The Rest of the group gets stronger support, but you...not that much)

All in all the player could decide wether they want only personal profits, more credits and more positive effects for him/her alone or if they want to support the complete Squad during the Mission.
I would consider this overall a mix of Support and Solodmgdealer-Warframe.

That's it so far!
Hope some of you Tenno out there like the idea 🙂 
Cheers,
Fabpsi~

Edit 1: added "Spoiler" for the longer description, fixed some typos (not all)

Kiseichū the parasite warframe takes over minions and lets them mutate

(Kiseichū is japanese and means parasite)

1. Ability

brood kiseichū hatches small parasites that suck out nearby enemies and return to kiseichū that charges the degree of mutation and life

2. Ability

Hatch

turns into a small parasite shape and jumps into the host to control it if activated again, Kiseichū leaves the body (depending on the degree of mutation), the former host attacks the opponent

3. Ability

mutate

lets Kiseichū mutate depending on how far the mutation wheel has progressed, the higher the degree of mutation

4. Ability

increase

Kiseichū hatches new parasites that infect nearby enemies and attack other enemies (the mini hosts mutate directly when the mutation wheel is fully charged)

Passiv Ability

degree of mutation

As soon as kiseichū has a host the bike starts charging the higher the bike is charged the higher the mutation

Background story:

Arankt was actually a dax warrior in the past, but in a battle with infected he was infected by an infected parasite and completely mutated and attacked other dax warriors, but then he was caught and misused by ballas for experiments and got a synchro bolt

Name: Adrestia

Born from the Nightmares of the void, Adretia brings terror to the battlefield unlike anything the enemies of the Tenno have encountered before.

Physical description

Adrestia stalks the System beneath a heavy cloak, giving the impression of a lone traveller/pilgrim. Closer inspection reveals a strangeness about her; the way she seems to glide forward, odd movements beneath her cloak, and the way shadows seem to darken and reach for her whenever she approaches. Those foolish to come close enough to look beneath her hood discover a terrifying visage with three glowing eyes staring back. When activating her abilities the terror within breaks free from her body, striking her foes down or trapping them within her living nightmare.

Gameplay

Adrestia is a fear-based crowd control Warframe, using the barely restrained horrors inside her body to crush her foes, in mind and body. Her powers might include a fear-inducing blast of energy, a short teleport that stuns enemies at her new destination, and creating an area of pure void energy that tears her foes apart, and stifles their screams.

Misc Thoughts

Possible mechanics on how to unlock her could involve either Phobos (given that Phobos in mythology is the personification of fear), or her parts could be new rewards for Nightmare missions.

Le 06/03/2020 à 16:53, [DE]Helen a dit :

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

I really want an cells based warframe:        exemple: creating clones with his own cells, not like mirage, an real IA 

Archived