Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

There's an idea I've been bouncing around for a while now, wherein the player encounters something that...well, shouldn't exist.  Hadn't really put it to paper before, but for the sake of context, I'll try to supply the premise I was drawing from:

Spoiler

New ship signal dropping out of warp.  Signature matches...Railjack.  This...is not possible.  Attempting contact now. 

This is Cephalon Cy of Tenno Railjack, hailing unknown vessel.  Identify.

This is Cephalon Karus, acting captain of the Railjack Niflhel!  Great to finally hear a friendly voice!  We require assistance!  The crew had to go into stasis to make the trip, but it still took everything we had to get here!  We're running on fumes, and my either IFF is down or the Empire's lost more ground than I feared!  Requesting any ships we can spare to haul us the rest of the way home.  Long live the Orokin! 

The basic idea was that the player would encounter Tenno that were relics of the Old War.  They were lost before Natah became the Lotus, trapped in unknown space since before the Tenno rebelled against the Orokin, and have been taking the long way home ever since.  Through a combination of stasis and time dilation shenanigans, their crew have finally made it home alive, and now they have a lot of adjusting to do.

...Well, most of them do.  Sadly, one of the stasis chambers didn't function properly, and the Tenno within didn't survive.  However, just because their comrade is dead doesn't mean that the comrade's legacy cannot survive in others. 

I'll call this warframe "Legacy" here, because that aptly sums up its theme.  It is the resurgence of the past, an old soldier passing their weapon and mantle to the next generation.  Or, to borrow from TVTropes: It's Excalibur in the Rust, and sheds that rust as it fights.  Much like Nidus, it's a frame that ramps up as the battle goes on, starting as a shadow of its former self, working its way back to top form, echoing its former glory, and then finally surpassing it to make the player a worthy successor.  If we want to be especially ambitious, it might even start drawing from the history of its surrounding environment, temporarily adding the legacy of enemy factions into itself (eg: at peak performance it might have greater shields on Corpus tilesets, or health regen on Infested tilesets).

On 2020-03-06 at 9:53 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

Can do a shadow frame, can be related to the stalker and be the frame the has the head of the stalker

1 ability: shadow shot it'll be a single shot of shadow power and leave the enemy paralyzed for a certain amount of time 

2nd ability: shadow sphere blinds all enemies in a certain range

3rd ability: shadow walker warframe cases itself in shadows moving faster and harder to detect in dark area

4th ability: shadow control warframe controls the enemies around it and damage them also copying the player movements and attacks the same enemy 

Passive: Darkness embrace warframe collect darkness for each kill and gets a boost in health, energy, or weapon damage 

I think what could be really cool is a nullification warframe, one that can siphon energy from enemies and give themselves buffs, or nerf enemies. like an EMP scramble so that shield ospreys would be deactivated, nullifier bubbles temporarily disabled, grineer slams and ancient healing pulses interrupted. A warframe that could have an aura of energy buff, maybe they can give ability strength in the affinity sharing radius. Working this into operator form, maybe they can give buffs to both forms, giving amps more power. Their abilities to cancel, disable, and give energy could also go to give them the ability to remove sentient defenses, like to take away resistance. a cool idea is that they cold be an inverse of hildryn, where they have low health and shield but extremely high energy, that they could use to channel a  ward or a damage mitigation. This could be good in group play, as they could give a temporary barrier, and stun large groups of enemies. I know that a lot of warframes have seperate similar abilities, but a cool support/buff warframe that could give cost reduction or ability strength. This warframe could be high mobility a la teleporting, not by a nova portal but by a blink of some kind that is ranged, that doesn't require a target enemy, just a ranged teleport for movement. A negative caster, if you will. A warframe that can steal energy/abilities by nullification, and can give buffs to a group from the energy taken.

What about a time themed warframe? Like bending the fabric of spacetime and changing when something is. Its hard to describe this without going into ideas for abilities, but i was thinking selecting something and either reverting it back to the moment it was selected or speeding up and slowing down time for it. I'm imagining and elegant Gear and Fabric almost clockwork kind of frame.

"Why operator, whatever do you mean?" Ordis said with a bit of a stutter. It wasn't like it was the first time the Cephalon had 'issues,' but it might have been the first time he had intentionally decided to avoid a topic.

"Ordis. What was on the fragment?"

"I'd rather not say, operator. It's rather...embarrassing." Ordis was indeed, embarrassed, if that were something he were capable of.

"How so?"  Ordis did not answer right away. Instead, he began searching for words that made the entire conversation awkward. 

"A long time ago, we Cephalon weren't always merely observers..." there was an ominous tone to his careful reply.

"Explain. Now! And stop acting like a Corpus arena master..." 

"Well, this could be...and I am not confirming this...but it could possibly, just maybe..." Ordis was definitely hiding something. 

"ORDIS!!!"

"It could be the coordinates to a long lost Warframe that the Cephalon created during the old war." Ordis went silent, waiting for a reply that would surly order him to be deactivated. 

"Are you saying the Cephalon created a Warframe? Like a Warframe, Warframe?"

"Yes, Operator. It was quite effective too. It's code name was simply 'The Anomaly' and it could take on the form of anything in the Cephalon database." Was that pride in Ordis's voice?

"Wait...any form?"

"That is correct, Operator. Anomaly could interface with any system, after a short period of time, and use conduits to transfer to any other open interface. Ingenious engineering, if I do say so myself. But that is what is expected when having the advantage of becoming completely digital. Anomaly allowed its user to seamlessly react to any change in condition when interfaced directly to a rail-jack or arch-wing." It was definitely pride. 

"Well what exactly happened to this...Anomaly, Ordis?"

"Last we heard, it had interfaced with a sentient ship, somewhere in the void. It was never heard from again." Maybe this was why Ordis was embarrassed, but there seemed to be more to the story.

"You mean until today..."

"That is correct, operator. Until today." Ordis sighed. He was going to need to do some more explaining. 

There's this Yugioh Deck called Shaddoll and it would be really cool to see a puppet/strings themed Warframe where you can corrupt your enemies with strings or use their body to bludgeon other enemies by swinging them around. 

A Grineer warframe, that utilises the sort of aspects and concepts that make up the Grineer identity, perhaps even being somewhat modelled after them, or perhaps the Grineer are the ones modelled after them. 
And if possible, perhaps it being a Syndicate quest for Steel Meridian like Harrow(Red Veil), Nidus (Perrin Sequence), Octavia (Suda) and Titania (New Loka).

A design my friend help me create for this concept a while back when i had it

gridlock2.jpg

A Heavenly Warrior

Summoned to aid the tenno in The New War, an embodiment of the angels wraith descends from the skies wielding bolts of light.

A male frame with a Halo above his head.

A few possible abilities could be:

- Purification (Restores allies Shields and Health by a percentage of your own)

- God's Embrace (Damage reduction for a set duration) *can't make it to OP now can we*

- Exalted Dual Bolts (Stuns an area of enemies)

- Angel Cry (Increases allies damage output which weakens your own, Can stack with other frames)

He has a pretty OP Kit.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&insightstoken=bcid_SwTUNOCUGA0BfcGO..kqUv0W6m8u.....0U*ccid_BNQ04JQY&form=SBIWFC&idpp=sbiwfc&iss=VSI&selectedindex=0&id=FD6E8B60F67143507A57104E07250A8C62EE7305&ccid=OZZwQ31F&exph=720&expw=1280&vt=2&sim=11&simid=608049909849590010&thid=OIP.OZZwQ31FqOefYp7urcwjzQHaEK&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FSTaPqe0N9PU%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&pivotparams=insightsToken%3Dccid_NOtmf9RE*mid_7ACC756E1C8CCAC9DA9AEE46F7540C54F564BB6A*simid_608032364929224626*thid_OIP.NOtmf9RErKpr!_nVbjoIvxAHaEK&eim=10,8,3,4,0,1,6

These are all just ideas but i would love to see them come to life. 😇😆😜

Who else would like to see a frame like this in the future?!

Code name: Manowar

a Warframe focused on molten metal power, taking it from the fallen enemies, gradually building up a shield of liquid, super-heated metal slag, before eventually firing it upon his enemies.

in case you couldn’t tell by the working name, I wanted to try to think up of the most metal warframe concept possible

~To be read in the voice of the Drusus Leverian. ~

"During the late stages of warframe development, the Orokin attempted to create a duel fighting unit, two warframes bonded through a somatic link separate from their respective Tenno counterparts.  To reduce the risk of rejection, a mated pair of hosts were chosen for the project, and so named Tyr and Zisa.   Early results were promising as Tyr’s speed and prowess in close quarters blended seamlessly with Zisa’s defensive abilities. He was a true berserker, with his mate watching his back he threw himself into the crucible of battle; he was the ax.  She was a valkyrie, an armored beauty and poet with a rifle; she was the shield.  It was not to be though…or at least not how they planned.  Zisa’s own abilities conflicted with the transformation process, and her own powers brought about her destruction.  The somatic link still active, her reactive armor bonded to Tyr upon her death.  Gleaming armored plates hovering at Tyr’s shoulders and down his spine; they protect his blind side now, same as she did back when they fought in the Old War."     

With the Kubrow changes coming and possible breeding of genetic traits: I think a Were-Kubrow style Warframe would be really cool. Whatever Kubrow you bring with you would give buffs/looks too your were form. Back story of being held captive by the corpus like the Fenris wolf lore. The warframe might have been Alad V's inspiration for the Zanuka design.

Due to the recent changes in lore, I think now is a good time to dust off and re-adapt an old concept I had back from before the Amalgams were added.

In terms of gameplay, this Warframe's theme should be all about overwhelming firepower and high survivability at the cost of managing a unique resource used for powers. At it's maximum output, it should be like a lightshow of heavy artillery, beam weapons, giant projectiles and other forms of crowd dispersion. Think of a certain giant robot anime involving several wars and you'll have a decent idea of what I'm going for.

Lore-wise the theme is an experimental Sentient-Warframe Amalgam with the ability to adapt and transform itself by absorbing the weapons, munitions, or technology of enemies and using it against them (taking inspiration from the lore of the Old War). Decided to call her Nue since the mythical beast she's named after was somewhat mysterious in nature in addition to having abilities like controlling lightning and shape-shifting. Her parts will drop at the Tau system or as a reward from a quest related to the New War.

My drawing skills aren't up to par, but this is the best I could manage for the general concept:

dASdHc9.png

Yikes that picture came out a lot bigger than I thought it would.

Got a lot of random ideas that i think would be cool to see

#1 a arcane/druid like summoner frame

P: pets/summoned creatures by default link hp/shields/armor/crit -OR- summoned creatures take x% of damage in place of the warframe the total divided between all creatures (doesn't scale with power strength to avoid abuse)

1: Summon: summon a otherworldly ally who fights until killed (max active scales with power duration maybe)  (could be anything maybe a rotating system to have different creatures like aerial units or ground units)

2: Mark of the beast: mark enemies in a x meter radius for x seconds, summoned creatures deal x% additional damage to those creatures (could have an augment where every kill re-triggers the ability for a short duration)

3: Alpha: warframe gains an increased damage buff based on the amount of creatures active

4: Will of the Pack: all summoned creatures are healed x hp and gain a x% damage, sprint, and attack speed boost

(also said creatures might be able to be modded if that's not too pretentious)

#2 i also like the idea of a strong martyr frame who like harrow sacrifices some of his defense to provide tactical buffs

P: x% of damage taken is turned into healing for allies within x meters (with the removal of self damage this could be ok)

1: Dying Adrenaline: stall shield and health regeneration for x seconds gaining a x% damage, fire rate, reload, and melee attack speed boost (potential augment adding duration for each kill)

2: Heretics Flame: teleport to the targeted enemy and impale it with a burning pike for x seconds dealing heat and slash damage over time, enemies within x meters take x% of the damage inflicted on the target

3: Martyrs Hope: sacrifice 50% of current health to generate a burst of energy which inflicts slash status procs and steals health from affected enemies within x meters healing you and your allies by x% of damage dealt divided among everyone within range

4: Last Breath: no energy cost, sacrifice all shields and 90ish% of current health, all healing effects are disabled for 10s and the warframe cannot be revived for 30s, dying allies within affinity range are revived with full energy, living allies receive x% damage and attack speed bonus and regenerate x heath/second

#3 I see a lot of people wanting a more offensive paladin but i feel like a more tactical defensive one who sets up the field for their teammates could also be interesting (also i feel like mentioning the design in my mind has a huge tower shield on one arm not unlike the new sentients)

P: the number of teammates affected by warframes abilities grant x armor and x% power strength on the next ability cast, armor decays after 10s (cap after a certain point)

1: Shield Wall: warframe sets down his shield losing the armor bonus from his passive ability and creating a barrier, enemies cannot shoot through the barrier and any allies near the shield gain the armor buff from the warframes passive at the time the shield was placed

2: Divine Rage: this ability may only be used while the warframes tower shield is set down, leap forwards conjuring a hammer of pure light and slamming it into the ground dealing x damage to enemies within x meters (there's your pally hammer)

3: Blinding Faith: grant allies within x meters x% health regeneration for x seconds while blinding enemies within the radius for x seconds (kinda bland tbh but he needs more buff abilities)

4: Armor of Light: Allies within x meters are granted temporary invincibility, after the initeal 5s duration the invincibility is converted into x bonus armor and x% damage boost based on the amount of enemies the player killed during the invincibility period

(if you cant tell yet I've played a lot of harrow lately)

#4 I've always had a love hate relationship with the adaptive defense of the sentients of course the adaptation mod exists but I'm just curious if there could be even more adaptable warframe defenses or maybe offenses

P: Using an ability causes the warframes resistance to the active damage types to increase by x%, this resistance lasts until she swaps her active elements (cap at some point)

1: Active Carapace: Press to rotate the selected damage type (heat, electricity, toxin, cold, slash, puncture, impact), hold to activate selected damage type, up to two types can be active at once, mixing elemental types results in the respective hybrid damage. The warframe is immune to status procs from the selected element(s)

2: Piercing Rounds: 50% of damage from all attacks is converted into the active damage types (25% each or 50% for a hybrid)

3: Status Squall: create an elemental wave which moves forwards for x meters, enemies hit by the wave take x damage, split between any active damage types, the wave inflicts guranteed status procs on any enemy damaged

4: Omnishielding: gain x% resistance to all damage types for x seconds

(I think I'll stop here)

i'm still kinda new to this game, but is there an animal themed warframe? you can give it canine/kubrow and cat/kavat skins, and it can have animalistic abilities
Suggestion time (these are just my thoughts on some specifications for the theme, you do what you want, i’m sure whatever you pick it’ll be cool)
signature melee weapons are claw like,
 has more movement speed (bonus points if it can sprint on all fours)
Maybe replace the primary weapon slot on it with another melee weapon slot, or have it able to go bare knuckle but it has claws instead? So it seems more animal like if it has a tougher time using ranged weapons.
abilities
it can summon kubrows or kavats
has some sort of devour ability that lets it gain health or some other benefit from biting a chunk out of the enemy
Turns into a weird warframe animal hybrid thing (kinda like a werewolf i guess?)
Intimidation ability to scare enemies
Some sort of howl or roar that does damage

If I have my lore right, the Frames were first "made" by the Orokin and went insane / didn't work out. Until the Tenno / void kids took control of them.

My suggested Theme would be a modular Frame "made" for Operators. Like a mech-suit to channel the Operators powers. Then you can gather different parts to slot into it, for its abilities and stats (kinda like how the railjack has different parts for components and armaments)

TLDR, modular mech-suit operator . . . Frame

Hello my beautiful Tenno. Me and my clan mates have decided the new warframe theme we would be excited to see. Would be based on Kali the goddess of creation, destruction, and power. The big selling point being, four arms able to dual wield multiple weapons simultaneously. Thank you for your consideration.  We can all lift together, better with four arms! 🙂

I like the idea of a shield warframe. I don't mean like hildryn I mean one that has no energy shield, like nidus and inaros, but has a physical shield as his exalted weapon. Abilities would be based on using his shield for attacks, not just defense. Picture someone with long arms, skinny, average health, above average armor, not as much as valkyr but pretty close, and a large shield on his back. Passive would be immune to back damage when not using exalted. When it is used it would split in half and each half would attach to an arm. All exalted weapons are used mainly just for attack. I'd like to see one that can block as well as dish out. 

Archived