Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

One of the themes I've been brainstorming for a fanframe I'm working on but just going to focus on one theme per the rules. Was inspired by the Void fissures and lore about the void and how it affects normal people and thought of a frame based around that. But more or so a prototype frame that when Orokin scientists tried to boost it's powers and connection with the Void, instead the Void corrupted it and twisted it into a new shape and function.

I'll join the nanotech train.

Phalanx: A warframe that suffered from Corpus/Grineer/Sentient (pick one) decomposition experiments and was broken down into millions of nanites. After escaping as a swarm of nanites, it attempted to reform, but can't remember it's original shape, so it shapes itself after other warframes during its missions (random or pool of skins). Phalanx also lost its ability to hold energy and instead uses its own nanite body to power its warframe abilities.

Have fun thinking up abilities for this!

Fenrir

- A monstrous wolf bred for war which makes her known for her strength and is known to leave behind a path of destruction.

Passive

Fenrir has a rage meter. Under heavy fire for too long, will cause the meter to fill up to 100% making her blood lust which gives her damage buff for her abilities and her weapons.

Stats

1. Armor - 400
  2. Energy - 150
  3. Health - 400
  4. Shield - 0
  5. Sprint Speed - 1.25

Abilities

1. Fenrir's Shackle - Fenrir sends out a hot heavy chain towards her enemies to stun them. Chained enemies provide health to Fenrir, her allies, and companies.
  2. Thunderous Howl - Fenrir howls a bloodcurdling howl that boosts her and allies ability strength.
  3. Redirection - Fenrir directs enemy fire towards her to allow her allies to take cover. Damage taken from enemy fire causes her rage meter to fill up quicker.
  4. Ragnarok - Fenrir turns into a four-legged wolf that doubles into size. Paired with her high percentage rage meter causes her attacks in feral form to double in damage.

Well, the first several ideas I thought of had already been posted, but here's my contribution:

The theme is Stillness. This warframe dampens movement, sound, and possibly heat. This warframe embodies the concept that everything must eventually wind down to a halt.

I know our ability suggestions will not be taken into account at this stage, but I feel I should explain what kind of abilities the frame would have nonetheless, since it makes what I have in mind for the theme a bit clearer.

• An ability that slows everything around the warframe, potentially including projectiles as well as enemies so the warframe can avoid their paths, as well as dampening all sound in the area.
  • An ability that stops an opponent's heart, dealing high damage to a single target.
  • Some kind of defensive option that relies on robbing some of the momentum from bullets just before they hit you.

Basically the theme is narrow in focus but versatile.

I think this warframe might have a more orderly, possibly mechanical-feeling appearance.

Ooh, I'd like to see a high tech/tech-priest/mecha or whatever-you-could-call-it warframe that focuses on Sci-Fi technology (and may even be a parody on certain tropes of the genre). Like, he can get a mech with his 4 that is handled like Titania's (without teh flying of course) and has a big railgun and burning chainsaw sword. Then while in Mech-mode his abilities change to fancy stuff like a big laser beam fired from his mouth or rockets launched from his back. Ok, the mech probably wouldn't be very big but it could be as wide as Grendel and as tall as Limbo while still working with DE's current level design. His normal-mode abilities could be things like a healing drone one could attach to other players or a nulifier bubble that protects from eximus abilities.

I never realized Nova was made by the community o:

love foxes. I would absolute adore a frame themed after the fox, the sleek, or the crafty. 

There's a good variety of playful trickster fitting things. Make one or more enemies see illusions and just start firing wildly, you can still get targeted and hit yes, but more energy channeled could mean more 'illusions', and that's just a start

I think a Lernaean Hydra Warframe would be a cool theme. Multiple heads that could regrow into more when shot at or something.

Not sure how doable it is in Warframe and I'm not an expert on Greek Mythology, but Wiki says:

"Poisonous breath and blood so virulent that even its scent was deadly."

And

"For every head chopped off, the Hydra would regrow two heads."

It also states that the lake it resides is an entrance to the underworld, so it could have abilities revolving around this. Could also be a nice addition to the shield-less frames.

Hollow, something akin to a set of armor-plates. Latches onto allies or enemies, either protecting or controlling them respectively, and gaining powers based on their host's abilities. (Others may be able to enter Hollow, leaving Hollow with control while their host can focus on aiming, perhaps?)

I would love to see a rune based warframe. One with similarities to rune magic in mythology, perhaps his/her abilities are all a set of runes and combining abilities creates effects. For example; an air rune that places a a circle that increases speed, reload, and projectile speed for frames within the circle and a toxic rune that sprays poison could yield a large gas cloud AOE, or just have runes with their own meanings, similar in design to the runes from the one really recent quest we've gotten (I cant for the life of my remember the name of it). It would give lots of opportunities to add augment mods to change behaviors of abilities.I think it would be a neat twist to have a wizard style frame with a lot of versatility, similar to a Dungeons and Dragons wizard. The ability to combine runes also gives the frame less of a chance of having any dead abilities, as even if its ability were useless alone it might be powerful as a tool for combination. This also gives a lot of freedom to work with as far as frame design; the frame itself could be given an old school wizard style, sporting robes, a pointy hat etc. or you could go for even something like a tribal like a shaman or even futuristic/orokin feel. I saw there were a lot of pages, so I hope that I didn't post a duplicate idea, hope mine helps!

How about a sniper/sharpshooter warframe? We'll call her Raptor

Raptor is a master of patience- silent, precise, and lethal. Turn the battlefield into her own personal hunting ground with a suite of abilities that let her stalk prey while lining up for that perfect shot.

Passive- Headhunter

Headshots from Raptor's weapons and abilities deal an additional 10% damage.

Ability 1- Takedown

Fires a bullet from Whisper where the reticle is aimed. Holding down the ability will instead aim down Whisper's scope and build up damage- releasing will fire the shot. Landing a headshot will grant maximum damage even if the ability isn't held for the full duration.

A straightforward damage nuke that rewards careful aim

Ability 2- Hunting Blind

Places a Blind at Raptor's location. Up to 3 Blinds can be placed, and blinds have an unlimited duration. While in range of the Blind, Raptor is invisible. Aiming at a currently placed Blind will cause Raptor to teleport to that blind for no energy cost. Killing a Marked enemy while within range of a Blind will spread the Mark to another nearby enemy.

The range of the Blinds would have to be pretty small, but this is a good way to be both mobile and safe while also keeping consistent DPS by spreading Marks.

Ability 3- Death Mark

Marks enemies in a cone in front of Raptor. Marked enemies are slowed. Killing a marked enemy restores a small amount of energy and grants a temporary damage buff to the killer which stacks up to 3 times. Using Takedown on a Marked enemy deals additional % max health damage.

A nice way to make those headshots a little easier and open up a Mark => Hunting Blind => Takedown synergy

Ability 4- Whisper

Summons Whisper, an exalted silenced sniper rifle. Headshots from Whisper cause an AoE explosion, amplified if the target is Marked and/or if Raptor is under the effect of a Blind. Using Takedown while Whisper is active will auto-lock on the head of the enemy nearest the center of the reticle.

Boom. Headshot.

I propose a Warframe based around dancing and melee damage.

1.  Background:

After Gauss was released, I really enjoyed all the fan-art of his rivalry/friendship with Volt.  I think the two of them are kind of cute together.  One of my favorite frames is Octavia.  I feel like she has one of the most unique concepts and she is very fun to play.  I think there could be an equally fun concept of this proposed frame with Octavia.  Since Octavia is a great support frame, I think this frame could be a fun DPS frame.

2.  Appearance Concept:

If this frame is going to be based around dance, I feel like he has to be in a suit or tuxedo of some sort.  Limbo's Vistyxio skin makes him look like a tricksy magician, and I think going all the way with a full three piece suit frame could be cool looking.

3.  Unique Weapons Concept:

Melee Weapon

There aren't any frames that kick, or foot mounted melee weapons as far as I know.  When I think of a weapon based around dance, I think of the Brazilian Dance fighting style: Capoeira.  The melee weapon could be similar to the old Soviet shoe knife, and the melee animations could involve cool dance moves, where kicking deals damage.  

Alternative Melee Weapon Idea:  Weapons based around fire-dancing, whips, flails, ball and chains, etc.

Primary Weapon

An assault rifle that fires disco balls, that shoot rays of death.  Essentially a cross between Mirage's ability and the Miter.

4.  Ability Concepts:

First Ability:  Cha-Cha Slide - A mix between Excalibur's slash dash and Rhino's Rhino Charge.  The frame would dash between enemies, punching and kicking.

Second Ability:  Quickstep - timed, increase weapon fire rate (and melee attack) and reload time

Third Ability:  Pump the Beats - Similar to Harrow's Covenant, where say, for a short period of time, the frames kills are tallied and provides a buff based upon kills.  I imagine a damage buff would be too broken, but maybe crit damage or melee damage.

Fourth Ability:  Center of the Party - the frame levitates off the ground and is stationary.  The frame rotates in place quickly, firing lasers from its body.  The animation could be similar to a ballerina dancing in place, and spinning functioning as a DPS defense frame.

I don't know if this is first, but a Cehpalon-Tenno hybrid would be interesting.

Oh, a back story: dark days of the war, tenno feared by some to be potentially cut-off/signal manipulated from warframe due to hypothetical sentient device which in theory could turn wfames against them much the same way weaponry was turned against them. Project Hydra commissioned a Cephalon-encoded brainstem developed and installed in experimental warframe to not only monitor and possibility counter any hijacking attempt, but also to take control of any comprised warframe, finishing any duties until connection is re-established. While beneficial traits such as greatly enhanced reflexes emerged, the cephalon-Tenno synergy proved unstabe, resulting in one personality overtaking another during periods of intense stress. Project Hydra was shelved after a critical turning-point in the war and sensitive information was buried after the warframe disappeared under mysterious circumstances, Rumor has it that twelve hybrids were made to infiltrate key enemy strongholds, resulting in crippling blows that were essential fof ending the war. 

Probably been said here before but

Would like a Jojo-inspired frame. By Jojo, I mean both Hamon and Stands. One of the warframe’s abilities would be status/crit charged melee attacks or ranged attacks while the other skills (maybe 4th) equips some sort of ephemeral spirit armor (like how some stand users use their stands on top of their actual fists to punch harder (e.g. early Josuke who didn’t know about stands))

The spirit armor boosts everything and increase range. Just like chroma, the energy color affects what type of damage it deals.

The probable passive would be increased defense when not attacking as the Stands auto-protect the users when not in use.

I would like to see a dance frame. Similar to capoeria, or however it's spelt, but more elegant. Perhaps this frames would have floating blades that followed it's movements, thus causing several hits to anything standing in it's way. The main focus would be to show off the cool movements we have in game, and also make designing it as a player fun because the different syndannas would move with the attacks and create cool effects if done right. I'm taking ideas from an old sub class in Pathfinder: bladed scarf dancer. The focus of the class was to move fast and land several attacks with a magic weapon that was enchanted by it's dancing, and this meant it was played with high evasiveness and very low health. I could see several cool ability ideas involving floating swords that follow the movement, and possibly follow the frame as it moves normally

Archived