Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I remember DE Rebecca saying something about a vampire warframe (that supposed to be Garuda?) I would like to see a actual vampire frame, alot of health because she would give health to use her abilitys kind of like Hyldron. Her 4th can be she turns into a "warframe/alien/space version of bats" that can move like wukongs cloud walker but has range for dps. She needs to feed for health, garuda is not a vampire shes just a shredder frame I would like to see a vampire.

Computer hacking/cracking frame

All computers and machines can be controlled.

Dominates all electrons.

vs Corpus and mech: stopping, manipulating, neutralization, Invisibility, Can be completely subordinate.

vs Grineer: no effective abilities, equipped weapon only.

vs hacking terminal, sensors, cameras: can auto hack perfectly. remote controlled.

passive ability: energy weapon power up, but no effect bullet weapons.

Japanimation sometimes deals with computer hacking abilities.

En 6/3/2020 a las 11:53, [DE]Helen dijo:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

Mage frame. A frame capable of using the void as mana, (or magic). We already have Excalibur, why not Merlin?

Something i suggest years ago, And still think would be a good idea..
A Marionette themed Frame,  Puppets, Strings, Theatre.. Could have a nice dark story too, I think it'd fit pretty well into Warframe.

That's my Suggestion.

I saw a couple posts that brought up the idea in extreme brevity, but I've had the idea for a while of a frame based around the concept of time, being able to record, rewind and play back actions as a gimmick which the abilities would stem from.
Visually, you can make use of a lot of design elements. Grandfather clocks, hourglasses, roman numerals, pendulums and gears, with the possibility of general brass and steampunk aspects to go with it. I viewed the idea as being a male, playing off of the idea of Father Time, but it could also be a female.
Storywise, this could possibly tie into the time disruptions present in Lua, or the upcoming Duviri Paradox.
Possible names could be Chronos, Aion, Kairos, Kala, Decima, Lachesis, or Eos.

I'd love a warframe with a Heraldic theme. A support/offensive warframe that carries a Banner to rally his squad.

Main design would be knight-like.

HP and armor should be reasonably high. No shields or almost nothing, a bit like Grendel.

As for the abilities go :

Passive : Noblesse Oblige : Each elimination gives 15 armors for 5 seconds to you and allies in affinity range, cumulable 10 time.

1st Ability : Self-buff, duration based. Something simple for a 1st ability.

2nd Ability : Active ability. Deploy a banner that grants several buff to squad in a circular range. Each time an ally or yourself gets a kill, the buff increases until the cap is reached, but a damage counters continues to go up. As for visual effect, after the banner is deployed, the Warframe carries it on his back. Energy cost for upkeep should be decently low.

3rd Ability The frame grabs the active banner and send it in a straight line to enemies in front of him. Damage scales depending on how much the banner is charged with 2.

4th Ability : Summon a bunch of energy swords that hover over the warframe head and seeks enemies in front of him in a cone-shape.

Warframe that doesn't move with their own legs, is chair-bound. Chair has either robotic limbs or psionic thrusters or something. Attacks with psionic attacks or mechanical drones directed by his hands. Has a name like "Ozymandias" or "Tyrant". Visual themes similar to Algol from Soul Calibur and Baron Harkonnen from Dune.

Dryder - spider based warframe which all abilities based on fear. Also, it can be the first warframe who actually will be moving on 4 or more legs. 

His passive can be something like tearing apart of enemies when they are stunned and create a wave of fear. 

Well, maybe this is not such a good idea (about 4 or more legs moving), but i think Warframe must have a fear based warframe.

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm from CIS 🙂

A very animalistic frame would i think would be a good idea that would easily lend itself to design ideas. Switching between a predatory stalking playstyle and aggressive pouncing playstyle could be fun gameplay element. Maybe even the ability to run on all fours or polymorph into an animal could be cool.

Inaros wasn't the only one in the deserts of Mars.There was a sister and some say from her the modern Kavat was born. Feline and fierce, sly and deadly, charming until her claws are sunk deep and the enemies blood falls freely. The Kavat's call her Queen.

the infested got nidus, the corpus valkyr, we need a Grineer themed warframe

some people say ember is Grineer based for some details in her omoplates and arms but that's not true, ember is fire/phoenix (chicken) themed.

the Grineer frame could be also a turret/defender (tower defense theme)/ caster placing automated rampart's and roller sentrys, or casting kavats and kubros 

the ulty could be spawning a bunch (3?) of customised grinners, like nekros ulty, but modified and upgraded grineers almost litches with different weapons. they could be customised like venari been each config a different minion

Spoiler

(maybe three clems):clem::clem::clem:

A gun mage type warframe, Armed with an ecalted revolver his abilties could have an interesting theme of his 1 and 2 being form and element(Ex. 1: Rain of Arrows 2: Toxic) and then the 4 firing it off with the energy cost being decided by the form and energy(combined energies being far more expensive energy wise, and form changing energy cost depending of other factors) Just a thought.

I'm in love with infested frmes/ weapons and lore yet we got only one true infested frame so my idea is to make Infested type warframe , but not another boring humanoid type let's make something more savage and beast like-also i think that mutation effect of infested frame like nidus could be implemented here as well , maybe in other form but yea why not PLZ make it happen :Dd93ff42426c0a86154c8ba2ec85e067c.th.png

Варфрейм с внешним видом подчеркивающим вселяющийся страх и беспощадную ярость. Расцветка из трех цветов, основной белый, детали фиолетовый цвета сливы и черные эффекты. Оружие в руках коса. Если интересно, то поделюсь идеей более конкретезированно

A pure dog soldier, complete with WW2 themed clothing, exalted weapon is a trench shovel. With different styles depending on the environment for active camouflage purposes. Helmet physics required... Basically a camouflaging space ninja soldier from TF2 but with  more oomph

We've seen warframes trying to look as organic and living as they can get, but how about going in the other direction. How about making a warframe which feels very artificial, robotic, with gadgets built in all over its body so it can easily fight against multiple different threats, similar to how War Machine from Iron Man is. Maybe even have ordis take over while in operator mode.

As for the combat feel, 11 seconds (0:49-1:00) from this video best describe what i am imagining, especially the behavior of the shoulder mounted machine gun, shooting at targets behind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unl9by6Yw6Q&t=0m49s

An oracle - a frame with star and divination theme. Either genders are works but usually many culture's diviners are female so maybe it is likely female.

The basis of the frame is not a dax. Rather, a disgraced archimedian who research the void and tau system, and put to warframe creation program by Ballas.

Looks delicate but strong-willed. Perhaps wield an orb or two, and maybe it can be float beside of him/her? Not so many and not that small as Nova's Null Star, though.

For star and divination, he/she would be better at buffing and debuffing stuffs, find the weak spots, protect the others, and make the prophecy real when the time is set.

Archived