Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I was thinking of something along the lines of a telekinetic warframe. Being able to move yourself or objects. I'd imagine it would look ghostly, like some unseen force working for you.

...The more I think of it, the more it just sounds like having a Jojo-stand XD

Maybe a bit less like it's a second person and more like an extension of the frame itself. 

Somebody probably already suggested a spider themed Warframe (although that would be really cool), so how about a insect themed Warframe instead? Summoning plagues of locusts and having an insect metamorphosis themed 4th ability would be really cool!

Doppel, a warframe based on doppelgangers and changing forms/stats. 

First ability changes him into a tank style warframe, shifting his stats towards armor and health but decreasing speed and shields. Channeling this ability while in this form would forcefully make enemies target him, increasing his armor even more the longer he stands still. (In short, Tank style ability that allows other warframes to focus without being shot at.

Second ability increases speed and parkour velocity while decreasing shields by 10%. Channeling the ability makes Doppel harder to hit and increases speed, but does not cause invincibility

Third ability makes Doppel appear to enemies as if they are a member of a certain faction, chosen by staring at the enemy in question. I.E. Doppel stares at a corpus, uses the ability, and corpus enemies no longer attack him while ability is active, though other factions will (Sentients immune to this effect?). Deactivates upon attacking and drains energy over time. Augmented, the ability can be channeled to move next to the enemy in question, confusing other enemies into making them attack the original enemy who they suspect is Doppel in disguise. Which faction he is disguised as is indicated by a specific color of energy surrounding him.

Fourth ability drains all shields to create dual swords. Increases attack speed and damage while swords are out, but forcefully deactivates the ability if weapons are switched. The ability drains energy over time to keep in effect, but has a 25% chance to restore energy upon a kill.

Passive allows Doppel to avoid death once in each form, in return for that form being disabled for at least a minute or two.

Even if we got Grendel (a Warframe slightly (or a lot) based on the appearance of an ogre), I think it could be cool to have a oni themed frame, a bloodthirsty berserker with a lot of brute force. Horns, a imposing and intimidating appearance and maybe, even a big kanabō.

(Sorry for the bad english!)

A tank warframe, whose gimmick is that he has 2 sets of abilities. With one he focuses on dps, and raw power when he summons a railgun as an exalted weapon. AOE damage, crowd control, elemental shots, you name it. While is other form is used at team support, give armor, health and shields. Negating damage for a short duration. Damage buffs. Stuff like that. 

Initial idea was to pair/contrast Nidus: a frame the is the squishy side of organic. Name: OSSIOMA. The warframe has two parts: Ossia (Bone) and Soma (Body). Passive can be either bullet jump causes slash damage based on warframe level, or armor/shield toughness as a function of charges. The latter is if you don't want to link the tankiness to Shrapnel (ability 3).

Abilities:

1. Bone spike: Ossia spits a spike at a target (puncture) and marking them.
  2. Ravenous: Ossia bites enemies near Soma (Impact/Puncture), tearing part or parts of enemies (building charges), staggering them. The material is reformed onto Soma's armored plates (spikes proportional to charges; capped based on ability level, ability power, or duration)
  3. Shrapnel: Discharge a number or all of your spikes (based on charge with key press) to damage and mark enemies near you (short to moderate range) 
  4. Deadly Pirouette: Soma does a side kick followed by a round house kick. The first kick staggers enemies in front of her (slash, impact). The second kick, using her left leg, launches a giant blade that pulls marked enemies towards it. The blade impacts a surface knocking back enemies at the point of impact (puncture, impact) 

Visual Description

• Soma (Red and Black)
    • Bone plates are growing out of the frame.
      • The helmet can open gradually with charges, leaking energy textures (e.g. Jinzo from Gunhead when he's about to go berserk)
      • The helmet/gorget can be redesigned such that the gorget is the lower jaw of a skull and the helmet the top half
      • If any complexity is added to the body, it could be in the form of linear fractal patterns similar to Shiro's trace animation from Fate/stay or the teeth of Moonfish from My Hero Academia (emphasis on linear to contrast nidus/more organic shapes that other warframes have)
      • The barbs can better follow the tangents of any curves that underlie them
    • The plates develop more pointed energy texture as charges are gained, colour matches Ossia
    • The frames surface is a smooth, matte texture like clay.
    • Soma does not have feet, her legs terminate as pointed blades
    • Bone base surface can be a bit pocked like old or ancient bone, rather than a sun bleached, sand blasted smoothness.
    • The blade is meant to be asymmetric to the right leg. The plate of the right leg could be shaped differently depending how you want to animate the first kick.
  • Ossia (Green)
    • The body of Ossia can be disjointed or contiguous based on your preference.
    • Ossia doesn't need to be particularly ominous, it's meant to be playful to contrast the severity of Soma
    • If from a design perspective Ossia is impractical, it could be instead converted into an "energy" texture when ravenous is activated, and the spikes can be thrown from the left hand.

drMIEntV.jpg

On 2020-03-06 at 12:34 PM, --Aegis--Dandy said:

Posting this here in case no one else does. Bastion Warframe designed a few years ago by Adam Burn https://www.artstation.com/adamburnart

I have always dreamed of seeing something like this in-game.

Edit: I want to emphasize that this is not a submission for a contest. This idea has been a popular one in the community for a few years now ever since the artist first posted it back in 2017, so I wanted to make sure it had a spot on the front page of this contest to bring awareness to it. Hopefully if this post gets enough traction, maybe DE will be able to contact this artist regarding the drawing and frame idea.

Bastion using his ultimate ability

We NEED A PALADIN WARFRAME - RHINO DOESNT COUNT

A true iai-style warframe would be really cool!

a master swordsman that specializes in the the quickdraw style called iaido https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iaido
being able to cut his enemies in a flash of steel, striking before they even realize it and masterfully dancing around the battlefield
being able to not only be used offensively but also defensively would be a true force to be reckoned with!

Hi,me my warframe I call her tarantula, she has eight arms when she runs she gets on all fours,her first power she paralyzes her enemy, her second power she sends fish to these enemies, 3 she has lots of little spiders, and 4 weaves a web or two.otherwise I prefer to express myself in French. thank you.

I want Spider theme Warframes that change the form of a normal and spider, weave and devour victims.

Depending on its form, it spits out spider webs and poisons and hangs its enemies to create baby spiders fighting for themselves.

I'm sorry for the bad grammar because I'm using a translator. And I hope it's better than me ;)

Ooops.. i accidentally click the EDIT button but nothing is changed!

IMPERIUM
It is a Warframe and its power increases with the passage of time but little by little and when it reaches its peak its life begins to decrease from 1 in 1 every 20 seconds (Passive skill "The price of power") and its abilities also They are affected by this increase in power, their skills are:
1 .- "Colossal power": Throws a blow to the floor that knocks down enemies within 10 yards
2 .- "Shared Power": Provides an increase in the damage of the allies however its shield is reduced.
3 "Theft of Power": Steal the power (the enegia) of allies and enemies
4 "Rampant Power": Release all the accumulated power, this is ejected in the form of rays that bounce rn a radius of 15m for 10 seconds

This Warframe recharges its energy over time and when its power reaches its maximum point its damage increases but its attack speed decreases

Unfortunately this theme has already been discussed, but my friend group and I have a concept for a frame we call "Orion". The theme is "artillery frame." He'd be visually themed on the Grineer and Grax skins, with bulky shoulder armor and possibly mechanical looking legs, maybe with stabilizer struts sticking out the sides as if he were an actual mobile artillery vehicle, with things resembling pouches or shell belts hanging from him to emphasize that he is heavily armed. He's a foil to Nidus visually, having something of the practical and weathered appearance of a front-line trooper. He's a foil to Mesa, the walking tank to her nimble gunslinger. He's a foil to Hydroid, the direct-fire, targeted heavy hitter to his indiscriminate rain of damage.

I know we're not discussing abilities here, but we have some ideas: His passive would be something like increased primary magazine size or built-in ammo conversion. Actives might include a shoulder-mounted launcher with cycling grenade types, a la Ivara's arrows or Vauban's mines, deploying friendly roller swarms, a toggled jetpack ability that causes heat damage to enemies under Orion, and/or an exalted Shield and Pistol combo, if that's possible. Basically, he fights like a soldier, like the Grineer- but he does it right.

Here is my Submission: RNG FRAME

Ability 1: RNG increases Drop Chance of Rare Items
Ability 2: RNG increases for Chance elements (Abilities and Weapon stats) Crit chance status chance, chance to be infected? IDK
Ability 3: RNG increases Rare Relic Drops
Ability 4: RNG increases 1000% for set duration. Crit/Status Chance +++ Enemies have a chance to bow down and take their own lives +++ Resources x4 drop chance +++ Kuva given to you becasue?++++ And Oh, Invulnerable for duration of mission. OH!!! and Spawns Lotus with an army of sentient fighters to increase the difficulty of the mission for your friends to suffer through. 

On 2020-03-06 at 9:34 PM, --Aegis--Dandy said:

Fenrir:  Kubrow and Warframe have united to this half beast to spear terror during the night.

Description: Fenrir looks like skinny male character that wear Kubrodon´s pelt. Forelegs cross under his neck and hind legs cross front of hip. Kubrodon has fluffy mane and tail. 

Passive Ability. Bloodlust- each killed enemy increase Fenrir´s Bloodlust that is use to cast abilities. When Bloodlust reach max, Fenrir takes his Beast Form with increased health and speed. Bloodlust decreasing during Beast Form.

1. Ability: Bite- Lunge at enemy front of you and deliver fatal bite that restore your health

2. Ability: Howl- Cast blood freezing Howl to scare your enemies and boosting your teams ability strenght.

3. Ability: Shackle-  Immobilize your enemy witch Fenrir´s shacles openning them to finisher.

4. Ability: Full Moon- Call pack of Kubrows to aid in battle

On 2020-03-06 at 9:34 PM, --Aegis--Dandy said:

Puppeteer 

Theme 

He would control living enemies and reanimate the dead ones. 

Backstory 

He/she refused to obey orokin masters which then tortured him/her and left him barely alive and slowly dying but he/she did not give up, even tough a lot was missing from him/her, he/she stiched himself/herself back together and unleashed his fury. 

Look

He/she would be very thin almost a skeleton like with threads instead of muscles.  

Note: i know that the reanimating of dead sounds a lot nekros like.                     But my idea of that ability is that it would be like combining Nekros fourth  and Mirages first abilities and the reanimated enemies would stand close to you acting as shield and shooting the same way as you. 

I know we were supoesed to write only ideas about the theme DE. Sorry i got very excited :>

Archived