Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A group support totem style frame based on the dragon keys. Each ability has an AoE effect based on a different key, at a cost to themselves (ex. bleeding: self DoT for a group healing effect) or an alternative cast for a selfish buff (ex. bleeding: melee attacks now give additional slash procs). The kit can be either self reliant or a potent team buffer, allowing players for a lot of intricacy in playstyles, while being relatively simple to understand and pick up.

Senbonzakura, the thousand cherry blossoms, the female nine tailed kitsune. An umbrella carrying samurai manipulator of a thousand blade like cherry blossoms, that defend, obscure and cut with razor sharpness. Will you fall for her, for her exalted umbrella or the thousands of blossoms swirling around her?

Theme: dangerous cherry blossom vieled seductress.

1.Razer petals 

On activation blossoms orbit Senbonzakura and seek out nearby targets. On a second activation remaining petals launch at a single target.

2. Obscurant blossoms

Hide from enemies behind your cherry blossoms diverting those who get to close and raise your resistance a percentage.

Alternative 2. Megitsune (vixen) 

Accentuating her assets and using her feminine form she uses her foxy wits to charm and absorb enemies life force draining their health and adding it to her own.

3. Maigasa

make your deadly dance, more lethal with this exalted umbrella, senbonzakura dances, twirling, bashing and launching blossoms at her foes.

Alternate 3. Vulpine morph

Senbonzakura, is obscured by cherry blossoms temporarily before revealing a giant fox, in this form she cuts loose and bites and claws enemies.

4. Blossom storm

Senbonzakura sends Maigasa into the air above her, spinning rapidly creating a vortex storm of blossoms that drags enemies in and cuts down enemies foolish enough to get too close.

I would be super interested in a female 'knight' frame. Something akin to Atlas and Rhino in terms of raw defensive stats with at least one defensive ability (similar to iron skin, nyx's bubble or valk's hysteria). A large angular physique. Maybe a sword/shield signature weapon that looks more classical/realistic than the very exotic looking ones we have now.

I know this isnt gonna be picked but hell im gonna post it anyway

New dragon frame that actually turns into a dragon instead of shedding his pelt/turret for his final ability hopefully even if you dont pick this to be made thats fine just consider doing this for chroma then

Seriously tho id love to see another dragon frame that was much better then chroma this is not a joke I am serious its all I wanna see in warframe

I had an idea that you could use something bestial thats already in the game like the juggernaut for the base of the dragon form instead of just having a turret/fashion accessory

Thanks for reading I wont go into too much deluded detail

Hello from Argentina! Sorry if my english isnt too good, its not my native language.

Well, i have this idea from some time now, about a cool warframe: "Dudu, The Mimic". Its a frame that can change his form, or other´s to fool (or kill) his enemies. From a random object to whatever he wants. He loves to make fun of others.

Passive: What are you looking at?

The mimic turns invisible as long as he is inmovil, crouching or against a wall.

Ability 1: Whats that?

The mimic changes his apeareance to look like a random object, like a box of chocolate, a bouquet of roses or a plate with cheese. The enemies find the object strange and gets close to investigate. The mimic then can cancel the skill, stunning the enemies and making them vulnerable to killing (much like inaros do).

Ability 2: Who are you?

The Mimic can copy the apearence of the enemies randomly, making the mimic indetectable, unless it kills someone, which cancels the skill (unless no one have seen the action). 

Ability 3: Double Trouble

The mimic can turn an enemy into a copy of himself. The copy can use al skills and weapons of the original mimic. This lasts as long as the copy is able to survive.

Ability 4: As soon as it rains...

The mimic can make fun of everyone in the area, summoning random objects that falls from the sky damaging enemies. Random objects like anvils, rocks, flying magazines of a forgoten time, angry swords or weapons, or something funny and lethal (It looks like summon but actually it changes the air, dust, debris, munition and structures in their vicinity to make this) . Some times, the ability makes everyone to look like something else, making all enemies to attack each other with max force.

This is it. I hope you enjoy it.

The name of the of the Warframe was inspired by Tellico Lungrevic Letorte. Or Dudu for friends. (The Witcher)

The abilties where inspired by Simkin of Timhallan. (The Darksword)

Keeping in line with the current fixes, and their emphasis on statuses I propose Cenoria: The Plague Bringer. Aesthetically, her design should be crow like. Her abilities should be a support kit focused on removing statuses from allies and spreading them to enemies. The name Cenoria is the Galician translation of carrion, which thematically makes sense. I realize they're just looking for themes for now, but I figured I'd share some of my ideas for abilities just cause. Her passive would be "For each status affecting Cenoria, she gains stacking damage reduction." She'd have an ability that would move statuses from targets or allies in an area to herself. Another ability would grant status chance to allies in an area based on the number of statuses affecting Cenoria, or maybe grant additional damage types to allies weapons. Another ability would clear all statuses affecting Cenoria, and either heal herself and allies, or spread the statuses to enemies in an area. She would also have an ability that extends the duration of all statuses in an area. This is all just a rough outline of my idea, but I think this would be a cool frame that creates a unique theme that doesn't feel out of place, especially in the context of the new meta.

A weird idea I think would be fun in the game is a more social Warframe, like a Charlatan. Think something similar to Loki or Nyx in forms of mechanics, distracting and manipulating enemies. The only real thing I want in Warframe is the RPG aspect of other games, being able to talk and interact on a more detailed level, but something like this... gets the general idea across?

Ok,amma try mah best.

An old god of dark cosmos themed warframe that manipulates spase like a fiber by pulling threads bound to arm's and leg's fingers with acrobatic movement. It should be able to control and even sever oponents with thoose space threads. And upon casting ult it turns into some godmode and gains another set of abilities.

So,'bout some design: I want this warframe to look cosmic and resemble its darkness and all the horrors and wanders it hides. Wearing a coat in a cloak like manner with a cape on this warframe will be having a black glass mask. But the thing is: i want this mask to have like 6 or 8 eyes that actually move and can show some emotions. For example,showing enjoyment or excitement when dancing. Also I'd like coat's lining to be desingned in a cosmic manner as if it's not just a coat,but a portal to unknown. And when warframe casts an ult it gets like super serious and puts coat on turning into a deity with constellations whirling around it. Adding some extra arms to warframes design would be nice as well.

Ok,I did it. Sorry for mistakes if ya find them: english's not my native. Thnx for readin' and hope y'all be likin' it.

☽      S O L U A      ☾
"You were the queen of the sky, the glow in the night that nourished me. Alas now you've gone.

Taken. Ruined. Shattered.

Shards left scattered in the eternal abyss. And from my waning memory, I dared to craft a mirror. A pale reflection of you, a mockery of your Light to be cast into the Void..."

INTRODUCTION

Many cultures hold the moon in high regard. It was the brightest light in the darkness of the night sky. Since time immemorial, its been put into song, poetry and art. Many worshipped the Earth's sole heavenly watcher. Deified it as companion, guardian, goddess, and mother. Even after knowing that this celestial body was nothing more than a lifeless rock, a satellite pulled by the gravity of Earth, the moon has been an important figure in history. It wouldn't be unbelievable then that in the future that is Warframe's world, the moon, named Lua, wouldn't be as revered.

The Orokin themselves wouldn't have been immune to the allure of the moon. So mightily did they hold it in regard, that they placed the seat of their mighty empire upon Earth's only satellite. As the Empires influence and power waxed, so too did the moons. And eventually, as it waned and inevitably fragmented, so too did Lua.

The Ostrons would also have some sort of reverence for it. Every night seeing the pale broken face of the brightest object in the sky. Would they not tell tales around their camps, real or imagined, of it? Would none of them wax lyrical about its mystery, its majesty, its beauty?

Grineer and Corpus must also have some memory of it, some record in the form of data (perhaps their own poetry or art or some facsimile thereof). We see them fighting each other on the very face of it, scouring it's depths for long lost Orokin technologies. The Sentients themselves, having been born from the bosom of the moon, must have some faint idea of it. As Tenno, our sole companion - the Lotus, nourished and protected us deep in the cavernous depths of Lua. Can it not be believed then that these people must have also revered the moon? Worshiped and deified it?

When Lua was cast into the Void, must it's absence not have been felt heavily by those that remain in the origin system? As a companions loss would have been painful, or a mother's disappearance would have been followed by grief and emptiness. Wouldn't Luas disappearance have had some meaningful impact?

So I present to you my concept of a warframe, born from loss and absence. Crafted in the image of a broken moon.

6CC8y3a.jpg
This is a rough draft of my design idea for Solua Primes helmet based on the way that Lua itself looks like. A broken pale face, caged by gilded orokin towers. I also pulled from Asian design elements for her helmet. The geisha inspiration is obvious but making her "Prime" version be damaged, with cracks filled in with gold is reminiscent of the Japanese art form of Kintsugi. The idea that her most elevated form is damaged yet still beautiful was important to showcase.

CONCEPT

Inspired by the moon, Solua (an amalgamation of Sol and Lua) is a support frame. Her themes are protection, nourishment, gentle moonlight and voidal darkness. As such, most of her support skills provide regeneration over time instead of instantaneous healing, supplemented with either a damage shield or a minor crowd control in the form of blind. The idea is to make her unique and balanced, and not step on the toes of other support frames such as Trinity, Harrow, or Oberon. She's meant to be a solid frame for both group play and solo players alike.

I also wanted to make her a support frame that's self/ally reliant. That is to say, one that doesn't require enemy bodies in order to function. Trinity for all her strengths, require an enemy target to use some of her abilities. Same for Harrow. Without targets, they are at their least efficient, and in a game that revolves around mass destruction of hordes of enemies, this makes it frustrating to play these frames. So my idea for Solua would be that she's a guardian to her allies (this includes companions), where most of her abilities are single target and not AOE, so she can focus on the needs of a specific target in their time of need. While it may seem like a lot of "micro management", I believe that this provides a more balanced and nuanced warframe.

ABILITIES

While I'm not an expert at gameplay balance, especially in a complex game system such as Warframe, I did make rough ideas for what her abilities might be in keeping with her themes. The names of all her abilities are lunar based.

P | Albedo
"Under the watchful eye of Solua, shields become weaponized. When her or her allies' shields are depleted, they emit a small blast of moonlight that blinds enemies for a few moments."

• Whenever Solua or her allies' shields are reduced to 0, a small 10 meter blast of light emits from the respective warframe.
  • Any enemies caught in this light are blinded for 5 seconds.
  • This blind is similar to Excalibur's Radial Blind, Gara's Passive, or Mirage's Prism. Albedo cannot trigger again until the respective frames' shields have fully regenerated.
  • This passive deals no damage.

1 | Paraselene | 100 Energy

"Fracturing all her energy into motes that encircle her like a halo, Solua casts a protective aura around her. Allies within this aura benefit from increased shields. Other abilities use these motes of light to empower their effects."

Shield strength: 15% / 20% / 25% / 30%
Range: 13 / 15 / 17 / 20m
Misc: 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 motes

• Solua fractures some of her energy into 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 motes of light that takes the form of a halo. These motes of light function as a secondary resource for Soluas other abilities.
  • All allies within range of Paraselene gain an increase in their shield capacity by 15% / 20% / 25% / 30%. A Solua frame does not benefit from her own Paraselene aura.
  • Pressing the ability key again, consumes all motes of light, replenishing Soluas energy by 15 per mote (the value cannot be increased). This energy refund also applies if Paraselene motes are dispelled by other means such as from disruptor fields, etc.
  • Solua is unable to passively regenerate energy while at least one mote of light is present, however, energy orbs function as normal.

The idea of Paraselene, other than being a defensive party buff, is also about conservation. Once activated, the motes act as a resource for Soluas other abilities, eschewing traditional energy consumption. This makes the energy drain from eximus enemies, magnetic doors etc. less of an issue for her. This is important for a support frame.

Graphically, the halo would encircle her head in a way that was non intrusive when ADSing but had enough visual clarity that players could just look at their character, without looking at the bottom right hand of their screen (reducing tactical awareness). Alternatively, several points on her corona would light up to represent the available amount of motes.

2 | Sidereal | 20 Energy

"Solua anoints her ally with moonlight that instantly triggers shield and energy regeneration. Consuming a mote of light increases the strength of the shield and energy recharge rate."

Strength 1: 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% shield recharge
Strength 2: 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 energy per second
Duration: 5 / 6 / 7 / 8s

• Allies or companions affected by Sidereal instantly begin to recharge their shield and energy. If shields or energy is already recharging, this effect is ignored, however the rate of recharge uses the values provided by this ability instead.
  • Holding down the ability key uses a motes of Paraselene and causes a stronger Sidereal effect. When used this way, shield recharge strength increases to 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% while energy recharge rate is increased to 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 energy per second.
  • This shield recharge rate stacks with similar mods or effects, such as Fast Deflection, Fortitude, etc. 

The idea for Sidereal comes from the idea of protection and nourishment. A lot of frames are energy dependent (Hildryn being shield dependent for her abilities) and thus are starved for energy a lot of the time. Albedo also doesn't require a body to function, the way Energy Vampire or Thurible does, allowing for a more passive and consistent source of energy regeneration.

3 | Eclipse | 20 Energy

"Solua protects her wards with a powerful shell of darkness that absorbs all incoming damage. Woven from her own shields, this void shell, once shattered, blinds all enemies around it."

Blind Range: 5 / 8 / 12 / 15 meters
Blind Duration: 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 seconds
Shield Health multiplier: 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3

• Eclipse is a targeted ability that can be cast on allies, companions, or defensive objectives. Solua cannot be targeted by her own Eclipse, but she can target another Solua frame.
  • 50% of Soluas current shields are used as the base health of Eclipse multiplied by 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3. Eclipse's health cannot be modified in any way other than sacrificing a larger portion of her shields or using a mote of Paraselene.
  • When the ability key is held down, a mote of light is used. When Eclipse is used this way, the health multiplier of the shell is increased to 2 / 2.5 / 3.5 / 5.
  • Eclipse functions similarly to Rhino's Iron Skin, but does not increase the armor or any other defensive parameter of the target. Any additionally applications of Eclipse overrides the previous application, preventing stacking.

Eclipse is used primarily for a quick burst of defense on a target with a blind finisher for more protection. This would be beneficial to allies trying to revive other allies and such. The ability to use this on defensive objectives would be a unique experience, especially for solo starter players trying to do longer rotation defense missions. Also companions die too often (like Kavats) and this would help keep them alive for a bit longer.

I had initially conceived Eclipse to create a sphere of darkness similar to Frost's Snow Globe that was anchored to the target. After consideration, this seemed like a bad idea... Too many globes/orbs/spheres as is. A skin of void darkness or starlight seemed like a cooler concept and doesn't see much use in warframe.

4 | Lunation | 50 Energy

"Solua imposes her radiance on those she deems fit. Allies are rallied to fervor, healing them over time and making them immune to status effects. Enemies are cowed by fear, slowly sapping their health and dispelling beneficial effects. Enemies killed under the effect of Lunation, explode in blinding moonlight."

Strength: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 health/damage per second
Blind Range: 5 / 8 / 12 / 15 meters
Blind Duration: 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 seconds
Ability Duration: 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds

• Lunation used on allies provides a duration of health regeneration as well as immunity to status effects. Any status effects currently affecting them are immediately dispelled.
  • Lunation used on enemies deals damage over time. This damage type is void damage. Additionally, any beneficial status effects currently affecting them are immediately dispelled, including defensive buffs built up by Sentients or the Stalker.
  • When the ability key is held down, a mote of light is used, increasing the strength of the health regeneration/damage over time as well as the duration by 2 times.

Lunation is meant to be a weaker heal over time. While it's values are higher base than Oberons Renewal, it targets only a single ally. As an offensive ability, the values are also weak, but I believe the benefit of using Lunation this way is the ranged AEO blind CC. The idea of dispelling effects is in keeping with the theme of the moons link with silver, a mineral believed to be a cleansing agent.

CONCLUSION

I'm a player that loves to play support frames, but I find at times that Trinity and Harrow to be clunky in certain game modes. In a game where offense is the best defense, holding onto the hope of allies saving one enemy for you so that you can heal them is an awful feeling. Additionally in boss fights without adds, it makes it difficult to aid my group with any other frame outside of Oberon. While there isn't much need for healer/support frames in the current meta, I believe she would be a great addition to current ones (such as arbitrations) and future ones (with the New War coming). XOXO

Clypeus: The shield frame.

• Armored plates on his body can shift and focus into certain spots on his body, they can also be shot out and retract magnetically, this is the basis of his abilites
    • 1. He can shoot out his gauntlets, when they hit either an enemy or a solid object, there is a small AOE,
    • 2. He can move the armor on his back onto his chest, providing extra defense on the front, however leaving the back vulnerable.
    • 3. He can apply a volt-like shield to other players, this shield, however, prevents Clypeus from using the rest of his abilities, the shield is also invulnerable.
    • 4. He can use an exalted shield, this shield can be used in two ways, attack and defense. Clypeus may lose mobility and make a large shield in front of him, depending on ability strength, projectiles shot through the shield will deal extra damage. Clypeus may also keep his mobility, and gain a small riot shield. During this time period, he has slowed mobility, however his armor is heightened. Clypeus can also attack with the shield by bashing the enemies, as well as using his secondary to the side of the shield.

A weapons master warframe that can equip multiple of the same type of weapons and control them telekinetically to some extent. One ability could be used to cycle through weapons of the currently selected type. Another could be something akin to Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, from the Fate series. All weapons floating around the warframe and wreaking havoc, in functionality something of a mix of Mesa's Peacemakers and Mirage's clones.

Other ideas which come to mind

- using all or some melee weapons to attack radially when bullet jumping

- stealing weapons from dead enemies and deploying them as turrets and/or to the weapons pool of the gate of babylon-like thing

Theme: Adaptation

The ultimate form of evolution is the ability to adapt rapidly to new stimuli. A polymorphic warframe that can adapt to a new threat, and find a defense against it. Survival of the fittest.

How about a creator frame who can speed up time for himself/herself.

Passive: When you have no more ammo fill your ammo

1. ability 

- Mirror your weapon (like Pyrana Prime) if you have dual wielding weapon increase damage.  

2. ability

Primary and secondary weapons receive unlimited ammunition and no longer need to reload (reactant buff)

3. ability 

- Speed up your own time and you could choose for (1.5x, 2x, 3x and 4x speed)

(Increased movement and attack speed and fire-rate (no recoil cause time is speeded up and all of your weapons become auto fire no hurting fingers)

Energy and health drain

4. ability 

- Something that generates a field where your abilities a shared with team-mates.

Posting this on mobile.

I'd like to see a mage-based Warframe, kind of like the vibe that Mag gives, except instead of magnetics t's pure arcane power. Or Void, whatever you go with.

Basically, a Warframe that has a very heavy focus on abilities over gunplay. Barriers, elemental switching, buffs, debuffs. Wreak havoc without pulling a trigger.

If you're taking name ideas too, Arcana/Arcanus is a direct reflection of the mysterious nature of the frame's power.

Edit: A good idea for this warframe would be the 'glass cannon' concept. Sheer overwhelming power, but very underwhelming defenses. The instability balances itself out.

Masks-themed warframe. She wears different mask depending on which ability or one ability that can be tapped to switch, like Ivara arrows. When switching masks we don't see her face. In gameplay focused on buffing and confusing enemies. 

Archived