Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A digital or synthesis related warframe. Cephalons and The Weave are by far one of the least explored ends of the lore, surely Suda loves Octavia and Simaris had Khora's remains in his basement, but who enforced orokin cybersecurity? who was responsable of keeping the sentients from infecting The Weave all this time? perhaps a long-exiled warframe could have been standing watch all along and never had a reason to return to reality...until now.

This warframe would need to follow the trend of all things Cephalon being designed for science first and war second, giving deadly functionalities to otherwise odd tools. Considering the design of recent warframes, I think this theme could serve as a way to experiment with more semi-permanent "structures", maybe this warframe can deploy something along the lines of Simaris's technology which needs to be kept working...by murdering everything around it, off course. All Cephalons stand out in their own way, this warframe should do so as well.

How about a frame made of bugs. Just, like, a walking mass of writhing flies or bees or something, over top of a weird skeletal body. So you could spew forth swarms of devouring insects to steal the life of everything around you and bring it back to heal yourself, or to take control of enemies, or... I don't know, do other things, but you're vulnerable until the duration is up and they return. I don't know, I'm just making things up in the hopes that it'll somehow lead to me getting a nice, easy lifesteal option other than Hirudo.

a string based frame would be interesting. a tightly wound string for a shield that blocks incoming projectiles. slash strings through a single target or a group cutting them to pieces. and puppet strings are some things you could do with that kind of idea.

Would love to see a frame who actually transforms into something completely different and gains another set of abilities, similar to equinox but something that can actually tank some damage like a beast frame. Something that is a caster in first form, and maybe a berserker in second form, if not berserker then something that does damage and can tank. Thinking about Spider as one of suggestions 🤔 

Frame Name: Psych

Frame theme: Cards and Card Tricks

Passive: If an enemy is hit by a card, subsequent card hits to will do increasing damage

1st Ability: Throw a card that deals 500 slash damage (Damage could change)

2nd Ability: Pull out a card and whatever face card you pull (or make it work like mine layer or quiver) gives a buff for 5/10/15/20 seconds

(King gives 5/10/15/20% power strength)

(Queen gives 5/10/15/20% power efficiency)

(Jack gives 5/10/15/20% power range)

(Ace gives 5/10/15/20% power duration)

3rd Ability:Turn 1 enemy into a card for a long crowd control. Base level 3 timer would probably be 30 seconds

4th Ability: Surrounding enemies are marked by cards. If you use your 1st ability on marked enemies, the card will bounce between each enemy. This ability shouldn't last too long maybe 10 to 15 seconds at level 3.

Thematic: Titanic Black Hole

• Implementation Concepts

• Alternate form of Mobility: Pulls enemies into the warframe, rather then going to them.  This helps solve the issue of a "slow" thematic in a mobility based game.

• Growing Event Horizon: Black holes are tiny in reality.  Start as a tiny warframe but gain size by picking up drops or sucking in enemies.  This growth could be a visible aura or an actual increase to the warframes model size.  The goal is to feel like the warframe IS the black hole, the dark center of every galaxy.

• Codex Entry Concepts

• Drawing all to her, Horizon absorbs her surroundings and enemy attacks to grow her Event Horizon

• King of Gravity, Horizon draws in everything around him to gain power and grow in size.

• Horizon is a Black Hole given form.  Absorb everything around you to gain mass and ability power.

I have an idea for some of my thought's warframe

I'm sure there has already been one similar to what i am saying. however I would like to see a Spartan/ Acient Rome inspired Warframe, I was looking to take a little inspiration from Leage of Legends' Pantheon

I'm not looking for a frame that needs to have an exalted weapon because I dont mind whether they get one or not. however if they were to have one I was thinking along the lines of a shield and a spear, taking inspiration again from Pantheon and a little from Pyrrha Nikos from RWBY. 

Thank you for reading. - PlasticAtom

How about this, a Time Frame.

Manipulate time to his or her advantage such as stopping enemies projectile, accelerates time for fast movement , melee or reload speed (as buff to team or self), placing a trap-like time bomb to slow enemy down, etc. Basically it just revolves around with a theme of time.

Hello,

Personnaly i would appreciate a telekinesist warframe, a little bit like scarlet witch. This warframe could be able to fight without weapon(even temporally).It can destroy the environnement.(Sorry if they are error , I don't speak english very well but I really love playing Warframe)

EDIT:It could also have other magical power

On 2020-03-06 at 9:34 PM, --Aegis--Dandy said:

Posting this here in case no one else does. Bastion Warframe designed a few years ago by Adam Burn https://www.artstation.com/adamburnart

I have always dreamed of seeing something like this in-game.

Edit: I want to emphasize that this is not a submission for a contest. This idea has been a popular one in the community for a few years now ever since the artist first posted it back in 2017, so I wanted to make sure it had a spot on the front page of this contest to bring awareness to it. Hopefully if this post gets enough traction, maybe DE will be able to contact this artist regarding the drawing and frame idea.

Bastion using his ultimate ability

I could think of some abilities for him. They might not be very balanced or but ill try anyway:

--PASSIVE-Light Charge

For every enemy attack he blocks using his second/third ability or his ult block he builds up damage that he can release using his 1(he builds up less damage using block in his ult) 

--FIRST ABILITY-Lance discharge

TAP to send a spear from above down the enemies in a targeted circle-targeting works like ash's teleport, you need an enemy to use this ability

HOLD to send a spear forward that deals more damage but has less radius that is not affrcted by range for balance sake

This attack can be buffed by the light stored with his passive

--SECOND ABILITY-Shield rush

TAP to quickly summon your shield and bash in front of you in a cone, stunning/blinding the enemies caught in the blast

HOLD to summon the shield and start running with it while blocking damage and building up light charge(passive). It consumes energy per meter traveled(or per seconds) and when it collides with an enemy or is canceled, Bastion will bash with the shield but in a smaller cone if you were to tap the ability

--THIRD ABILITY-Light Barrier

TAP-Bastion taunts all enemies in front of him in range and he starts blocking with his shield,building up light charge. When the blocking ends or the ability is canceled, Bastion will send his lance forward into an enemy(no damage) bouncing between enemies 5 times and stunning them in place(with a light FX). Bastion will heal a small portion of the damage blocked(the heal is not affected by mods and has a cap so it wont be busted in higher lvl's-let's say the cap is 400-600 Health recovered)

HOLD-Bastion hold his shield up and creates a barrier for his teammates. He can move slowly while holding it up. (after holding a bit, to cancel it you just tap it, but he will not throw his spear) 

--FOURTH ABILITY-NAME PENDING

Bastion summons his lance and shield made of light and has a custom stance.While this ability is active, Bastion's attacks change:

-First Ability-when tapping it, the radius of the blast is bigger and another spear comes down with half the range of the first one and way less damage, and when holding it, he throws the spear further and deals a bit more damage. 

-Second ability-Tapping it will instantly bash in front of you, not needing to summon the shield. When you hold it, Bastion runs faster. 

-Third ability-tap-The lance bounces 1/2 more times and when holding, the light bubble/barrier is stronger

I feel like i made him too complicated but i like the concept. 

Would like to see paladin/angel like warframe. He/she could have an ability to inspire others (you can choose between dmg buff, healing or energy regeneration), smite enemies, and shoot holy light which debuffs or blinds enemies. And he/she could have as an ultimate ability to transform into an indestrugtible winged angel like knight with lance and shield dealing high damage.

Xieon (The Zodiac Frame)

General Idea:
I’ve been thinking of a new frame concept. We’ve had a frame that can switch forms (Equinox), a frame that can run fast (Gauss), a frame that can run even faster (Gauss), even a frame that can eat enemies (Grendel). But we’ve never had a frame that has 12 abilities.
I know how it sounds.. 12 abilities? That’s too much! But bear with me, open your minds to this idea: We’ve had frames like Vauban/Wisp that have an ability that can cycle through different options of deployable objects.
But what if we had a frame, that each of his abilities  could cycle through 3 other different abilities.
But how could this new concept be applicable to a frame you might ask? 
Well, my idea for this new frame is that each of his abilities, will cycle through 3 different Zodiac sign based abilities.
For example:
1st ability: Aries, Taurus, Gemini.
2nd ability: Cancer, Leo, Virgo.
3rd ability: Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius.
4th ability: Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces.
Passive ability: Ophiuchus (the 13th Zodiac sign).
To make it easier to apply, each main ability could have one general concept that will apply to it’s cycled abilities. For example, ability 2’s concept could be abilities that give buffs, and so by using Cancer, Leo or Virgo you’ll be gaining different buffs accordingly.
For the others, the general concepts could be short range abilities/mid-long range abilities, or whatever other concept you’d think of.

Name meaning:
Xieon’s combined of two words: Xii, which means 12, and the word Aeon, which is a synonym of the word Cycle (for this frame, a refrence to the Zodiac cycle).
Other possible names I thought of: Astral, Stellar, Celeste.

Acquisition:
As you know, each Zodiac sign has a corresponding planet that it is associated with. To get Xieon, you’ll have to pass a quest in which you’ll have to go to each planet (12 in total) and find the Zodiac sign (or an item with the zodiac sign written on it).

Conclusion:
Some people might think that a frame with 12 abilities is too over powered, but in my opinion, to be able to use this frame efficiently, you’ll need to time the use of each ability, and know it’s ups and downs. Some players might have a difficult time using all 12 abilities, but even if they use 1 cycled ability of each main ability, it’ll work like a normal frame, so no harm in that right?
If you still think it’s over powered, you could always add some drawbacks for this frame like: Every few seconds 1 random main ability will be cycled and so you’ll have to check and keep an eye on your ability bar. Another possible drawback could be some debuffs if you don’t cycle the abilities.
I’ve really put a lot of thought and time into this frame idea, and I hope you like it as much as I do 😄

Enlil, Sumerian God of Storms, and thought to have played a part in the creation of man. My idea for this warframe is one who, rather than dealing direct damage and 'wiping the map' like other CC frames, this frame will focus on disruption and point-damage. Many frames like Saryn, Nidus, and Ember have incredible damage potential, but spread out across a field of enemies rather than focused on a single target. I'd like to submit something a bit different, that still has that crowd-control feel but with focused damage instead of sweeping damage.

Enlil, Fist of the Storm, was a powerful Warframe that harnessed the power of Nature's deadliest weather to inflict damage and disperse the enemy. Used in Bodyguard and support applications, Enlil also wields the potential to take-down foes of far greater strength and size, by temporarily imbuing himself with the power of a lightning-storm.
Health:200-300
Shield:350-400
Armor:75-150
Energy:225-275
Sprint speed: 1.15-1.2
These stats are at Unranked, and should scale in favor of energy and shields

Enter, Enlil. A Sumerian God that tyrannizes the battlefield with high-speed winds and electrical storms to control crowds of enemies, before unleashing powerful bolts of lightning for direct-damage output. This frame should be a cross between disruption and boss-killer, and feel something similar to excalibur crossed with Nidus in that he can lock down groups of enemies before devastating them with powerful melee attacks.
    Being bird-like and primarily a caster, Enlil shouldn't have much armor or health, and rely more heavily on shields, energy and speed. While his damage-potential should be high, he will require a level of skill and modding to maintain survivability. To keep things interesting, players will be forced to choose between maintaining a level of survivability or increased ability power, forcing them to choose ability power to use this frame in things like Sortie missions and other likewise-difficulty applications.
    I can't speak to this frame's potential on the conclave because I've only ever played once. I focus on the PvE aspect of the game, as the cooperative gameplay is the major attraction for me. That said, let's go over this frame's abilities.
Passive: When sprinting, sliding, or bullet-jumping, enemies within 1 meter will be knocked down by high-strength winds. I was inspired by a creature from another game called Kushala-Daora with its windpress ability, knocking the player down and sometimes incapacitating them.
[1] Gale
At a very low cost, Enlil will send out a powerful blast of wind. Enemies within a certain radius will be knocked backwards until they are outside this radius, and enemies just on the border of this radius should be stunned. This ability shouldn't deal any damage, and should be used for opening a space to revive a fallen ally or to avoid taking lethal damage. This will also slow down leveling speed until further abilities are unlocked.
Cost: 25 or less, again this ability doesn't deal damage and simply acts as a brief window of opportunity to safely aid an ally or escape otherwise lethal damage
Range: probably around 5 to 10 meters, in a conical shape as to clear out a hallway or walkway

[2] Thunderclap
Enlil's first damaging ability. It should be a strong clap of thunder that damages enemies directly in front of Enlil while giving a debuff to enemies surrounding him. This should decrease enemy armor and disrupt enemy shields and shield-recharge, while dealing a modest amount of damage, and further disrupting more challenging enemies like Corpus and Corrupted.
Cost: 50 sounds about right
Range: 20 meters, again damaging enemies in a conical shape in front of Enlil
Radius: 20 meters, this will not damage enemies not directly in front of Enlil but will give them armor-down and shield-down
Damage: 200 with no element, as this qualifies as a sound-based attack

[3] Lightning Pinions
A rather powerful ability granting Enlil and nearby allies added Electric and Slash to their melee attacks, giving everyone a chance to deal impressive point-damage. This will not affect exalted weapons, such as Excalibur's Exalted Blade, Valkyr's Claws, or Wukong's Staff. Only standard melee weapons. This also has no effect on Operators' melee attacks, only warframes and only equippable weapons
Cost: 75 sounds too low but anything more would be too expensive.
Element add: Electric 80% Slash 80%
Damage boost: 25%
Attack speed boost: 20%
Duration: 8 seconds, this is more tha enough time for an entire team to absolutely thrash a boss

[4] Storm of the Century
Enlil's 'press 4 to win' ability. This will summon a powerful storm that remains static over a wide area, poking enemies with electric damage to disrupt shields, high-winds to slow enemy movement speed, and moving clouds to decrease enemy accuracy (I also think this could result in some incredible special-effects). Furthermore, Enlil is imbued with the power of the storm, only while standing in the storm, and recieved major buffs to weapon attack speed/fire-rate , electric damage, status infliction chance, and movement speed.
This ability is where some discussion is needed. We can either make this ability perfectly static, with a limited duration, or have an initial cost-to-cast followed by an upkeep cost. It will be like an Exalted weapon without the weapon. I do believe the 'Storm' should be kept stationary, and Enlil-and only Enlil-receives the buffs while he's standing in it.
Cost: 100 (or 65)
(upkeep: 10/s)
Duration: 30s or less, as skilled and veteran players should be able to belt out some impressive damage even in a short time
Attack Speed boost: 90-120%, this DPS should helped Enlil replicate the damage output of an Exalted weapon, while forcing the player to Forma Enlil rather than an Exalted weapon.
Electric damage: 150%
Movement speed boost: 65%
Radius: 20 meters or less, as players will already be modding Enlil for range on his other abilities, and keeping this lower will keep it modest but still powerful even after Enlil is modded up.
Duration: 30 seconds or less, as this also will likely be modded up and should be kept modest from the get-go lest Enlil become unbalanced. Again, we want the damage output of an Exalted weapon without the weapon. It should also be mentioned that this ability will affect ALL of Enlil's weapons, not just the melee weapon.

Closing thoughts: I strongly believe that this frame, after some testing and balancing, will be incredibly fun to play. No insane damage output, but rather disruptive attacks that leave an opening for players to swoop in, meaning Enlil doesn't just sit back and cast over and over without lifting a finger (or sword) to help. With the damage output of an exalted weapon without the exalted weapon, players will be forced to Forma Enlil himself instead of a sword or spear, making it a challenge to get him end-game capable. With his most powerful ability being static, he will be able to deliver impressive amounts of damage, but kept humble in that he can't just take the storm and damage buffs with him around the map. Being this stationary will also challenge players to remain agile to dodge incoming enemy fire while staying within the 'Storm of the Century's buff-bubble...thing.
    That said, his fourth ability should be kept as a one-time-cast and duration instead of a initial-cast and upkeep, meaning he will have to cast it again and remain mobile.Chaos_Monster_and_Sun_God.png

A dwarven warframe. Standing at about 60-70% average frame height with bulky build, something of a mix of grendel and vauban. Strong corpus influence with corpus writing included in the design, looking like runes. Weapons would look big in his hands. Passive involving credits somehow. Some farming skill, to diversify from nekros and hydroid. A defensive channeling skill, that sacrifices mobility for defense, might be his 4. I'm thinking a hunker down kinda deal, he'd get some ranged dodge, since he is small, knockdown and stagger immunity, an maybe generate a protective bubble that moves with him. This gives him a lot of flexibility in terms of build, he can increase range to be more cooperative or focus efficiency and power to become an impervious tank. The mobility sacrifice would be disabling sprinting while the skill is active, and temporary deactivation if he gets off the ground. Lastly, he could be launched with an axe that has a bonus on his hands, even tho I don't particularly like these kinds o bonuses.

Sanguine a twisted and vile warframe! After years of studying blood he has learned total mastery over blood bending it to his will and using it to his design. Armed with a sharp razor to force his enemies to bleed without fully killing them to keep them as his playthings! However if the enemies around him arent bleeding yet he can use some of his own to bolster his defense or to help make his enemies start bleeding for him.

Using slash damage to force his enemies to bleed cause the more blood for him to use the better. Better ability efficiency and strength for each enemy with bleeding status.

Able to use the blood as a weapon itself or as a defense allowing him to build a wall by calling the blood to himself , boil the blood of his enemies to. Stun and confuse them, control the blood of his enemies to do his bidding, and finally cause all enemies under his control to violently explode!

How about a drone Warframe? Everyone seems to be asking for a summoner frame, why not make it with a drone/sentinel theme. Make him/her able to have a mini army of drones that do different things.

I think this frame could reasonably be spun to fit pretty much any role; support/buffs, combat, defense, etc.

Concept: Infested "Queen"

Queens are not standing in the frontline. Skaira, the infested commands the battlefield from the backline. 
Summoning her "swarm" to support her and distract the enemy. 

Skaira is based on the image of a commanding queen, she uses different means of summoning [infested hornets] to attack and disable her enemies. 

season 1 queen GIF by The White Princess

Archived