Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A beast/animal themed warframe would be nice. Maybe tie it into the orokin trying to replicate the powers of a kubrodon/kavat into a warframe (biting power, claws, speed, etc etc)

I know there are great concepts of beast (furion comes to mind) as well

Ideas about personalizing Tenno, should be broader, have more customization options, be able to adjust eye size, lip width, types of lips and eyebrows, be able to customize the face, move the cheek, jaw, the way it moves moves, that way each Tenno would be unique for your player, it would be much more dynamic and fun, and everyone would like to spend hours touching the character. Warframe ideas or skins, you could have a warframe or skin that shows the "human" parts, like, parts of the arm or legs, or a mixture of it, as if it were a hybrid, warframe parts and tenno parts, warframe with void powers . Map ideas, as you know, everyone expects a new map, currently we only have two biomes with open maps, plains and orbs, it would be interesting for everyone a biome in the desert, abandoned ruins, huge insects, carcasses of animals that have died, new mobs , and unique weapons, and weapons for the operator. thanks for reading this far!

1 minute ago, (PS4)Macha1144Actual said:

Spider frame. We all know DE has a reverse-Quentin Tarantino foot fetish for jacked up lower limbs on warframes. So I saw we let them go bonkers and give them 8 to work with. Fun things could include moving while wall latched, spraying webs to either trap enemies or zip line yourself around, sucking the life out of enemies, eating your mate whole etc etc. also maybe some innate toxic damage dual daggers just for flavor? 

This is actually a good idea. But there are already lots of abilities, so maybe these could be in spiderframe's signature weapons. Wall-latching could replace wall-running, there could be a web-gun that has sticky webs as primary fire and zipline as secondary fire, but blood-sucking is Garuda's job.

A warframe themed on "art" 

I have a concept which I might post soon in fan concept which has to do with art. Her abilities revolves around traditional and digital art. Her 1 "picture perfect" blinds enemies while buffing your teammates. Her 2 "Take Two" heals your allies, removes any debuffs. Her 3 "Silver Sculture" negates damage at the cost of slowing you down. Standing still negates all incoming damage for a set amount of time. Her 4 "Menacing Masterpiece" is basically an exalted paintball gun. It does splash damage and as a random chance to proc any elemental damage based on color. 

OK, I went totally overboard and didnt really follow the guidelines, but I had so much fun with this one soooo:

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Ror? Grat´s klat? Have you heard the stories that once, the Grineer scientist-warrior of legends and times long past, Ermanu Krek, managed to reverse engineer a fallen warframe and create one working prototype of a warframe of Grineer design, meant to turn the tide of battle in the favor of the clone army?
It is said that the prototype was sound, but that the rotting minds of the already decaying and decadent Grineer never could handle the transference process, and the prototype was lost in countless battles and devastating wars. Until now…

GUTORA - the Grineer anti-warframe

High armor, low speed, probably costs a lot of Grokdrul and Detonite injectors to build.

Ability ideas (I know this wasnt part of the task, but its too much fun and really builds the character and design):

TRAF RAMM! - Infrared technology allows Gutora to see enemies through walls and scenery

FURUND KLEM! - Gutora throws X high-powered Latchers, that find and attach themselves to enemies and then explode

TREY ON GUIG! - spawn X Diriga sentries, who remain in place and shoot at any enemies in range

RUDOR KLEM RAFT! - thick cables and wires sprout from underground Grineer technology and ensnare an enemy, making them unable to move or shoot

ATTAF! - unstable teleportation fields summon X grineer soldiers to appear briefly and attack your target

KOMMAND KLEREPORT - commander teleportation technology randomly teleports enemies in an area, with a high probability of them ending up high in the air and taking fall damage and a certain chance that they will end up inside walls or scenery and instantly die.

GROKDRUL AGREAR - Gutora rips one of the Grokdrul fuel cables from its body and covers an area in corrosive Grokdrul, damaging all enemies who touch the disgusting goop.

RETROY! - Gutora commands orbital bombardment from Grineer satellites, launching several high-yield warheads into an area.

I think a thief Warframe would be kind of cool. Like, when it loads into a game, the Warframe's abilities don't do anything, but then when you cast it on enemies you gain powers based on the enemy it is cast on.

For example, lets say the number 1 ability is a typical damaging burst ability but it changes based on the enemy whose abilities you steal.

if you steal from a Charger, Butcher, or a Prod Crewman, you do a short range wide spread burst

if you attack a lancer, or  crewman, or an infested equivalent to those, you gain a mid rang attack that does damage equal to whatever that enemy is currently doing plus your strength modifier

And if you steal from say a bombard, and ancient, or an amalgam you get a long range burst explosion, but it has a larger energy cost.

All of the powers would essentially work like that, where every enemy, or at least enemy type, has its own effect to each of the for powers, and you can dispel the current stolen power by long pressing the current one. 

Maybe the passive would be a small damage boost against the enemy types you have stolen from or something.

Araneae "The Arachnid" Warframe

Araneae is a arachnid based warframe that uses her abilities to ensare her pray and bring new spider-like prespectives to the battlefield. A warframe built to survive the corruption of the infected and thrive as a predator in their hostile eniviroment. 

I know DE isn't looking for abilities but I hope other players and the developers will find these spider-like sugesstions inspiring to the overall theme of the frame.

Skill 1: Spider Walk - Araneae can jump onto walls and ceilings and walk and run normally bringing new prepectives for combate .This can count as a wall latch so unused arcanes such as (Arcane Arachne) would be able to pair beautifully with this.

Skill 2: Widow's Web - Araneae launches an AOE of web that entangles enemies and slows the strong enemies.

Skill 3: Wrathful Cocoon - Araneae uses this skill in conjunction with Widow's Web. Enemies trapped in the web will be wrapped in a cocoon  and be filled with eggs that explode after a short animation that relases spider bots onto the battlefield. These spider bots will attack enimies face-hugging them causing the blinding/frenzying them while dropping health orbs.

Skill 4: Protect the Queen - All spider bots self-destruct causing massive damage to their hosts.

Possible Passives: "Little helpers"-Spider bots have a pick-up vacuum radius to help collect items.

"Mother's Pride"- for each spider on the battlefield Araneae gets a 1% damage increase that scales with power boost. So for a 300 power strength it would be 3% damage per spider.

:lotus:Thank you for the opportunity and for all of you who want to support this theme! :lotus:

In honor of melee 2.999999998:
Dimachaerus, master of blades

Dimachaerus is a master of all melee weapons, capable of equipping (any) two melee weapons in his loadout:
His kit would have to revolve around:
 - a rampage meter that grows with each enemy killed by melee attacks;
 - being able to switch between equipped melees;
 - tasting the blood of his enemies in order to heal and buff himself
 - spawning a second pair of ethereal arms, allowing him to use both melee weapons at once for as long as his rampage lasts.

Similar to Baruuk, he is reluctant to show his true skill, only dual-wielding when strictly necessary.

Backstory:
While other Tenno stuck together during the Zariman Ten-Zero incident, Dimachaerus was left stranded all by himself.
Being alone and with nothing but swords as his friends, he was forced to master the way of the blade to put protect himself from enemies.

Since melee rework is right around the corner (at least we hope it is), a melee oriented Warframe would be greatly appreciated.
Why not commemorate melee weapons with a Warframe who can use 2 of them?
A strict condition to making a Warframe like this is making him able to survive while in close-range, which means being the opposite of squishy.

Look-wise, he'd have to be either a Norse Giant/God with 4 arms or  OR some sort of Gladiator thing. Overall, things that emphasize the Sword Master thing.
Signature weapon is obviously 2 melees of different categories, my suggestion: A Polearm and Dual Swords.

TL;DR - Warframe that can dual wield any 2 melees and is good at killing things and surviving.

The warframe, which is created from the armor of the elite soldiers of the Grineer and the technological waste of the Corps, will lead Tenno into battle, destroying the enemies with the power of the Earth.
Its thick and bulky armor carries a whole set of supplies collected in battle in the form of first-aid kits and energy, which will help the allies in difficult times.

So, well, the armor should work quite simply - on his back there should be a grid, like from a hypermarket, which is on casters.

I think we should make a green lantern like warframe, that can create things out of energy like hammers, Cannon, clones ect;. and like the comics (and chroma) the buffet and nerfs to the warframe stats will change depending on the energy color. if anyone thinks like me, comment the same thing

Theme: Grineer based warframe that uses Stamina. 

I know, I know! Every Warframe veteran just recoiled in disgust at the very mention of Stamina, but hear me out. 

Very often I see long time players talking about how the game has changed over the years. Inevitably, Stamina and some of the really old abilities like Super Jump get mentioned. 

I think it would be awesome if we could immortalize an element of these conversations into a Warframe, and I think a Grineer based warframe would be the best for this. 

Why? Grineer are the first enemies you fight, and I would say with confidence that they are the Iconic villains of Warframe. 

Secondly, the Lore of the Grineer support this concept. 

Grineer are mass produced clones that rely on augments and prosthetics to extend their degrading life spans. 

We know the Grineer are constantly experimenting on themselves(willingly or otherwise), and with the introduction of Liches we know 2 things:

1. Grineer have the technology to produce warframe like abilities. 

2. Some Grineer are chosen to live longer than others. 

With all these elements in mind, picture this:

You are a Grineer veteran. A captain of your own ship even. You served the Queens faithfully and loyalty for years. Now you are nearing the end of your clone lifespan. You are in constant agony from your degrading condition, but you hold out hope that The Queens will chose you. 

But the day never comes, and your time is up. 

Knowing that death is near, you order your crew off your ship, and then you set a course for Tenno controlled territory. 

You wait. It doesn't take long. A Railjack jumps into the system, and you soon feel the shock of a breech cannon. 

The Tenno has come. Your release has finally come. 

The sleek metallic frame approaches you.(Or maybe it's an eye-scarring blast of hot pink, straight from Fortuna 69)

Calmly you set down your rifle, and turn to face your end. 

The Tenno raises it's weapon.

You close your eyes.

The blow never comes. 

The Tenno lowers their weapon, and starts to turn away.

You step forward, grab the barrel of the Tenno's weapon and place it on your head. 

You hold it there, hoping the message is clear. 

*Quick pause to jump to a gameplay design suggestion*

Ar this point it is obvious that this is a railjack mission where you encounter an empty crew ship with a lone captain that doesn't even try to attack you. 

The previous scene would trigger provided you, as a player, chose to not kill the captain. 

*back to narration*

Again, the blow never comes. 

Now you sense another presence. You look up and a smaller figure is standing next to the Warframe. 

Although frail and child-like in appearance, the void energy pulsing behind the figure's eyes fills you with fear. 

Could this be the demons you have heard about? The devil shadows know to appear in the presence of Tenno?

The child speaks. It's an offer. An offer so alien to you, it takes you a minute to process it. 

It is an offer of mercy, and a chance at life. A chance at revenge against the Queens who ignored you. 

But this life would come at a cost. You need the power of the Demon in order to sustain you. 

Your degraded form cannot hope to obtain the powers of the Warframes, or even the cheap imitations of your Lich brethren. 

The powers of the Demon would be just enough to grant you life.

You are a Grineer commander. Life, is all you needed. 

*end of narrative*

Ok, so the premise is a Grineer captain, that is being kept alive by a Tenno through the power of Transference. 

This requires so much energy, that you dont get Warframe like powers. 

Instead, you get a Battle hardened Grineer but enhanced. 

Since your abilities are coming from the Grineer and not the Tenno, they should be tech, or physical based and use Stamina. 

I wont list ability ideas, but take this an opportunity to showcase what a super powered Grineer veteran could be capable of. 

Maybe instead of a single target grapple, this guy can fire a spread of them.

Maybe his riot shield is modified to absorb bullets and convert that kinetic energy into an attack. 

Combined with a naturally bulky, bruiser, tank design I feel like this frame could be a great addition to Warframes worldbuilding and Lore, while also being a throwback.

I'd like to see an engineering warframe that can conjure up sentinels for a variety of tasks such as extra firepower, healing, defense, etc.  I think that if was themed around Solaran designs it would be a good start for a line of NPC faction/syndicate frames.

First, DE y'all are awesome for letting the Tenno be able to submit ideas like this.

Second, my idea... Oridis-Frame. or at least a mission for Ordis to get out there.

side note, I would also like to see Syndicate based Operator items and a Focus school for pets/sentinels (call it Obedience Schools)

25 минут назад, Emanu242 сказал:

OK, I went totally overboard and didnt really follow the guidelines, but I had so much fun with this one soooo:

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Ror? Grat´s klat? Have you heard the stories that once, the Grineer scientist-warrior of legends and times long past, Ermanu Krek, managed to reverse engineer a fallen warframe and create one working prototype of a warframe of Grineer design, meant to turn the tide of battle in the favor of the clone army?
It is said that the prototype was sound, but that the rotting minds of the already decaying and decadent Grineer never could handle the transference process, and the prototype was lost in countless battles and devastating wars. Until now…

GUTORA - the Grineer anti-warframe

High armor, low speed, probably costs a lot of Grokdrul and Detonite injectors to build.

Ability ideas (I know this wasnt part of the task, but its too much fun and really builds the character and design):

TRAF RAMM! - Infrared technology allows Gutora to see enemies through walls and scenery

FURUND KLEM! - Gutora throws X high-powered Latchers, that find and attach themselves to enemies and then explode

TREY ON GUIG! - spawn X Diriga sentries, who remain in place and shoot at any enemies in range

RUDOR KLEM RAFT! - thick cables and wires sprout from underground Grineer technology and ensnare an enemy, making them unable to move or shoot

ATTAF! - unstable teleportation fields summon X grineer soldiers to appear briefly and attack your target

KOMMAND KLEREPORT - commander teleportation technology randomly teleports enemies in an area, with a high probability of them ending up high in the air and taking fall damage and a certain chance that they will end up inside walls or scenery and instantly die.

GROKDRUL AGREAR - Gutora rips one of the Grokdrul fuel cables from its body and covers an area in corrosive Grokdrul, damaging all enemies who touch the disgusting goop.

RETROY! - Gutora commands orbital bombardment from Grineer satellites, launching several high-yield warheads into an area.

Perfect.

Archived