[DE]Helen

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

How about a simple light themed warframe? Capable of healing, buffing, and debuffing. Her light is actually the lifeforce of enemies, making her strongest in the presence of enemies.

I know abilities won't be considered but i still would like to make a case. 

Passive: Killed enemies with spawn a light orb that floats in place for 5 seconds. If an enemy comes into contact, it'll explode and blind nearby enemies. Good in corridors or small areas. Must be killed by the player.

1: Choose a target, blind them, and bind them into place. Ant enemies nearby will have reduced accuracy begin shooting each other unable to distinguish friend from foe. The bound target gains 500% defense stats.

2: Saps the life force from an enemy and spawns a pillar of life, nearby allies are healed X amount of health per second and granted a damage buff. Enemies have their life force sapped and lose a portion of defense related stats. Only two pillars may be active and is unable to be recast.

3: Spin around and sap the lifeforce of all nearby enemies and returns a portion back to player. Good for damage and heals when surrounded.

4: summons a Spear of light capable of close range melee attacks and long range thrown capabilities. Damage ramps up as she steals a portion of enemy life force with each strike. As a result, it scales with enemy level.

Posted (edited)

-= Warframe Theme Entry =-

Name Of Warframe : B l a c k r o s e [ Blackrose ]

Type Of Warframe:  Melee Samurai Type Warframe [ Both Close Range and Long Range Energy/Element Based Melee ] 

Theme : Blackrose is a Male Samurai Themed Warframe built by the Orokin during the old era as it's design is influenced by the concept of Samurai designs of old. As it's primary purpose is to exist as a Warframe that serves as the counter pick to Ash's already established Ninja based design.  It's primary colors come in three different default variants. 1. Blackrose Alpha [ Black and Red ]  / 2. Blackrose Delta  [ Black and Silver ] and 3. Blackrose Omega [ A Black and Gold ]  

Blackrose is roughly humanoid in design with the appearance / build of the perfect fusion between Warframe Technology and Human Ingenuity clad within an appearance that makes him look more like a humanoid based Samurai type frame then a typical Warframe Ninja. ( Tall and Muscular with an sleek Excalibur / Stalker type build ) Also true to its motif Blackrose's unique ability is it's ability to dual wield several different types of blades ( Like Dual Wielding Nikana's both normal and spectral Nikana's ) each with different effects similar to Chroma in build. For example each blade can use an infused with a different element depending upon the combos it inflicts upon the enemy and in turn this unique mechanic makes Blackrose The Only Warframe that can attack the enemy with multiple elements on the fly based upon its unique combo system. Although Blackrose was designed by the Orokin its appearance strangely enough does not resemble any known "Dax" Archetype ( So no cone heads unless it's an Alternative Helmet then go for it. ) and instead Blackrose itself has taken on more of a modern day approach to the the classic warriors of old.

Special Accessories: Swords , Multiple Swords , Each one glowing with a different element to each blade. Also a special Ephemera that has Kanji appear around your Warframe and your Pilot.

Former Operator: Blackrose's former operator is a pilot named 'Raven' who's existence is lost to the anals of recorded history. He is suspected to be one of the former members of The Orokin due the operators origins this can be further referenced in the fact that entities like 'The Stalker' / 'Alad V' know of Raven's existence but refuse to comment about his whereabouts as they considered Blackrose to be one of the more mythical warframes that existed. Even the Corpus had only heard tales of how insane this warframe's power truly is. 

Authors Notes: [ Sadly no artwork to go with this but I REALLY would love to see 'The Warframe Artist' draw a concept of this and DE like the rules state has full permission to use this design as their property if its chosen. As no lie? I feel as a True Samurai style Warframe is needed in a game full of epic space Ninja's.  ]

Edited by (PS4)AlbaMeira
I needed to state that it is an Energy Based Warframe for long ranged attacks.

Very large, battle-damaged warrior (like barbarian or viking sort?) sort of berserker missing his arm and a chunk of torso and face.  When he has no energy he walks with a severe limp and drags a huge two-handed sword behind him with his good arm, swinging it in huge, powerful but slow horizontal and vertical attacks.  When he has energy the energy fills in a ghostly version of the missing frame and he is now able to move quickly using two-handed attacks (maybe activated by an ability with a slow energy drain).  Alternately, the two-handed sword could be part of the ghostly form filled in and when he has no energy has to resort to single-handed melee and guns.  This is a frame that has been fighting for a long time and is not giving up.  He is here to wreck S#&$ and can take some abuse but he's also older and damaged so he can tire quickly.  Energy efficiency mods would be a primary focus when building.  

I know abilities are to be picked later but this is kind of what I had in mind:

1 - Activate to fill in damaged portion of the frame  (and alternately weapon)

2 - He holds his ghostly arm out and his hand becomes a wide shield (like Volt's?) that teammates can provide coverage for your teammates at your side (maybe with team damage buff based on incoming damage?).  Alternately he could channel his energy into shield or armor buffs for the team.

3 - Some sort of AoE attack, maybe with stun.  I envision him stabbing his sword into the ground while yelling something to summon an elemental blast that he channels into nearby enemies.  Maybe he can rotate through elemental options like Vauban's 2nd ability or, alternately, can be affected by color choice like Chroma.

4 - He charges his ghostly parts and expends all his remaining energy to call the ghosts of fallen warriors to rise up and pillage and burn.

I was thinking a proper vanguard style frame. All about getting between the enemies and the allies with a lot of speed shifting and knockback.

The design of the frame would be roman-esque. Think the classic roman soldier uniform in warframe form. A prime version would look like a higher ranking roman military commander / general's uniform. The warframe would have its own attached energy shield on its arm at all times, able to bring it out and change its size as needed.

The frame's abilities would revolve around using speed as a buff/debuff and heavy defense / knockback. Powerful blocking abilitlies would slow the warframe to a crawl, but be nearly impenetrable and stop the advancing enemies and punish the enemies when they attack. some sort of kockback ability ahead of the warframe to push back enemies and force the flow of the battle forward, like the classical roman phalanx pushing forward against their foes. Any buffs would be defense based. Everything about this frame would be stonewalling the enemy, constantly pushing forward, and defending allies. Damage would be an afterthought, maybe a bit from abilities but too much would spoil the focus.

Overall, it'd be a control frame, all about stunning, blocking, and putting an immovable buffer zone between friend and foe. Definitely could look great to throw in some modified animations for the sword/shield melee weapons, like custom energy fields based on the shield used.

Posted (edited)

A buffer/debuffer kubrow invoker warframe. And now my creation, hope you like it (sorry about my english):

FENRIS – THE KUBROW MASTER

“Throw me to the wolves and i’ll return leading the pack”.

Passive: Survival instincts

When you are under 20% health in dangerous situations, you gain 30% resistance to all types of damage and increases the damage of the companions by 100%.

Ability 1: Dashing bite (6s)

• ENERGY 25
  • Fenris charges towards a target, biting and throwing it back.
  • Bite Strength:170 / 280 / 470 / 680   
  • Throw Strength:70 / 120 / 180 / 210
  • Range:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 m (charge range)

Ability 2: Bonding Ties (12s)

• ENERGY 100
  • Fenris grants all nearby Warframes and companions increased slash damage for a short duration.
  • SlashStrength:10% / 20% / 30% / 40%         
  • Range:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 m
  • Duration: 30

Ability 3: Howling Of Despair (10s)

• ENERGY 50
  • The howl of Fenris causes enemies to flee for a short period of time, marking 5 of them making them vulnerable to slash damage and primary targets of the kubrow spirits.
  • Range: 10 / 12 / 15 / 18
  • Slash Resistance: -5%/-10%/-15%/-20%
  • Flee Duration: 2s
  • Mark Duration: 10s

Ability 4: Cry of Hunt (30s)

• ENERGY 120
  • Fenris invokes 4 spirits of kubrows to help him hunt prey for a short duration.
  • Bonding stats: 20%/40%/60%/80% of warframe defensive stats and 50%/70%/90%/110% melee weapon stats. 
  • Duration: 15

Edited by wolfsaer

don't know why but I've really fancied the idea of a beast/werewolf frame just feels like its missing given our other monster themed frames

maybe sprinkle in a bit of a knight theme in with it don't know but my suggestion goes to beast frame

Make a four-legged Warframe. It would have a Warframe's torso (arms and head included) on spider legs. It would be agile and easy to maneuver, and have abilities that control space and time (maybe have seperate forms for each, like Equinox and its Metamorphosis, or simply 6 or 8 abilities flat-out). Since it is a humanoid-spider, it would have unconventional movements, instead of rolling, sliding, and bullet-jumping. It would use a spinning air kick akin to a Mite Raknoid, a ball form, like in 3D Metroid games, where it could invert its knees to form a ball-cage around itself and roll into enemies, go faster than in normal mode, then toggle off the ball mode (weapons cannot be used in ball mode), and a shockwave attack where it would slam its legs into the ground and shoot pieces of the ground up at enemies. These movements would use a meter that fills when using abilities, killing enemies by utilizing abilities, and killing enemies. The downside would be that it has decreased health, armor, and shields, and possibly less mod slots. It would come from Fortuna, like Gara and Revenant came from POE, and for backstory, be made in the Enrichment labs as a superweapon against the Tenno. Perhaps the prototype was given powers from the Void, making it a space-time creature. This would be unlike most Warframes, which don't have Void powers, but their Operators do. It could have its blueprint unlocked through a quest involving Fortuna, and parts unlocked by killing the prototypes that roam the Vallis. Ability suggestions:

Passive: If space ability was last used, enemies have a 10% larger hitbox. If time ability was last used, enemies are 10% slowed down.

Space Abilities: 

Trip: 25 Energy. One-time Cast. Makes surrounding enemies fall down where they are, like a melee slam attack. Does no damage. Range is not an issue here; all visible enemies will be affected, no matter how far.

Force Field: 50 Energy. Durational. Creates an invisible barrier that repels and reflects objects. It stays around you at all times, unlike Frost's Snow Globe. The barrier can be used to crush enemies when you walk the barrier into them into a wall, or turn projectiles back at the enemy who fired them. Field can only reflect a certain amount of projectiles, though, and will let extra projectiles through. Strongest projectiles are prioritized by the force field to be blocked. Max amount repellable scales with ability strength mods. 

Quake: 75 Energy. Durational. Flings enemies around into walls and ceilings like ragdolls, damaging and killing most and crippling the rest that survive. After ability ends, crippled enemies lose function of limbs and have a dizziness status effect for a few seconds. Amount of crippling scales with ability strength mods. 

Slash Destruction: 25 Energy + Energy per second. Flings you wildly around room at breakneck speeds as you slash enemies with your spider legs like a Mite Raknoid. Damage scales with Ability Strength mods. 

Time Abilities:

Dull: 25 Energy. Durational. Enemies that you damage will slow down. Slowdown strength scales by ability strength mods.

Asymmetry: 50 Energy. Durational. Shifts surrounding enemies 1 second behind in time (Example: You dodge an attack and enemy takes 1 second longer to react). Basically, enemies will see you as you were a second ago during ability effect. Effect shows an energy-colored doppelganger of you that shows how enemies see you (Just a copy of you 1 second ago). Delay scales by ability strength mods.

Time Trick: 75 Energy. One-time Cast. Transports you back in time by a few seconds. Time traveled back scales with ability strength mods. 

Pause: 100 Energy. Durational. Literally pauses time for a few seconds so you can shoot and slash at enemies and the bullets and attacks kill them when time starts again.

Since there are quite a few abilities, you choose ability groups by these controls:

RShoulder + Left DPad + Button: Space Abilities.

RShoulder + Right DPad + Button: Time Abilities.

The last ability group chosen determines which abilities are available with quick ability selection (Example: Picking the space group last time shows only space abilities when using Dpad only to select ability or when not using dpad to select, with just RShoulder + Button). Last chosen ability could affect cosmetics, with a space form and time form. Perhaps both forms could have their own seperate buffs. Remember: health, armor, and shields are reduced to compensate, so this is a warframe for advanced players. I don't know what to name it, but maybe it could do with its spider legs or its space-time abilities. 

Spider frame. We all know DE has a reverse-Quentin Tarantino foot fetish for jacked up lower limbs on warframes. So I saw we let them go bonkers and give them 8 to work with. Fun things could include moving while wall latched, spraying webs to either trap enemies or zip line yourself around, sucking the life out of enemies, eating your mate whole etc etc. also maybe some innate toxic damage dual daggers just for flavor? 

A beast/animal themed warframe would be nice. Maybe tie it into the orokin trying to replicate the powers of a kubrodon/kavat into a warframe (biting power, claws, speed, etc etc)

I know there are great concepts of beast (furion comes to mind) as well

Ideas about personalizing Tenno, should be broader, have more customization options, be able to adjust eye size, lip width, types of lips and eyebrows, be able to customize the face, move the cheek, jaw, the way it moves moves, that way each Tenno would be unique for your player, it would be much more dynamic and fun, and everyone would like to spend hours touching the character. Warframe ideas or skins, you could have a warframe or skin that shows the "human" parts, like, parts of the arm or legs, or a mixture of it, as if it were a hybrid, warframe parts and tenno parts, warframe with void powers . Map ideas, as you know, everyone expects a new map, currently we only have two biomes with open maps, plains and orbs, it would be interesting for everyone a biome in the desert, abandoned ruins, huge insects, carcasses of animals that have died, new mobs , and unique weapons, and weapons for the operator. thanks for reading this far!

1 minute ago, (PS4)Macha1144Actual said:

Spider frame. We all know DE has a reverse-Quentin Tarantino foot fetish for jacked up lower limbs on warframes. So I saw we let them go bonkers and give them 8 to work with. Fun things could include moving while wall latched, spraying webs to either trap enemies or zip line yourself around, sucking the life out of enemies, eating your mate whole etc etc. also maybe some innate toxic damage dual daggers just for flavor? 

This is actually a good idea. But there are already lots of abilities, so maybe these could be in spiderframe's signature weapons. Wall-latching could replace wall-running, there could be a web-gun that has sticky webs as primary fire and zipline as secondary fire, but blood-sucking is Garuda's job.

A warframe themed on "art" 

I have a concept which I might post soon in fan concept which has to do with art. Her abilities revolves around traditional and digital art. Her 1 "picture perfect" blinds enemies while buffing your teammates. Her 2 "Take Two" heals your allies, removes any debuffs. Her 3 "Silver Sculture" negates damage at the cost of slowing you down. Standing still negates all incoming damage for a set amount of time. Her 4 "Menacing Masterpiece" is basically an exalted paintball gun. It does splash damage and as a random chance to proc any elemental damage based on color. 

OK, I went totally overboard and didnt really follow the guidelines, but I had so much fun with this one soooo:

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Ror? Grat´s klat? Have you heard the stories that once, the Grineer scientist-warrior of legends and times long past, Ermanu Krek, managed to reverse engineer a fallen warframe and create one working prototype of a warframe of Grineer design, meant to turn the tide of battle in the favor of the clone army?
It is said that the prototype was sound, but that the rotting minds of the already decaying and decadent Grineer never could handle the transference process, and the prototype was lost in countless battles and devastating wars. Until now…

GUTORA - the Grineer anti-warframe

High armor, low speed, probably costs a lot of Grokdrul and Detonite injectors to build.

Ability ideas (I know this wasnt part of the task, but its too much fun and really builds the character and design):

TRAF RAMM! - Infrared technology allows Gutora to see enemies through walls and scenery

FURUND KLEM! - Gutora throws X high-powered Latchers, that find and attach themselves to enemies and then explode

TREY ON GUIG! - spawn X Diriga sentries, who remain in place and shoot at any enemies in range

RUDOR KLEM RAFT! - thick cables and wires sprout from underground Grineer technology and ensnare an enemy, making them unable to move or shoot

ATTAF! - unstable teleportation fields summon X grineer soldiers to appear briefly and attack your target

KOMMAND KLEREPORT - commander teleportation technology randomly teleports enemies in an area, with a high probability of them ending up high in the air and taking fall damage and a certain chance that they will end up inside walls or scenery and instantly die.

GROKDRUL AGREAR - Gutora rips one of the Grokdrul fuel cables from its body and covers an area in corrosive Grokdrul, damaging all enemies who touch the disgusting goop.

RETROY! - Gutora commands orbital bombardment from Grineer satellites, launching several high-yield warheads into an area.

• Like 2

I think a thief Warframe would be kind of cool. Like, when it loads into a game, the Warframe's abilities don't do anything, but then when you cast it on enemies you gain powers based on the enemy it is cast on.

For example, lets say the number 1 ability is a typical damaging burst ability but it changes based on the enemy whose abilities you steal.

if you steal from a Charger, Butcher, or a Prod Crewman, you do a short range wide spread burst

if you attack a lancer, or  crewman, or an infested equivalent to those, you gain a mid rang attack that does damage equal to whatever that enemy is currently doing plus your strength modifier

And if you steal from say a bombard, and ancient, or an amalgam you get a long range burst explosion, but it has a larger energy cost.

All of the powers would essentially work like that, where every enemy, or at least enemy type, has its own effect to each of the for powers, and you can dispel the current stolen power by long pressing the current one. 

Maybe the passive would be a small damage boost against the enemy types you have stolen from or something.

Araneae "The Arachnid" Warframe

Araneae is a arachnid based warframe that uses her abilities to ensare her pray and bring new spider-like prespectives to the battlefield. A warframe built to survive the corruption of the infected and thrive as a predator in their hostile eniviroment. 

I know DE isn't looking for abilities but I hope other players and the developers will find these spider-like sugesstions inspiring to the overall theme of the frame.

Skill 1: Spider Walk - Araneae can jump onto walls and ceilings and walk and run normally bringing new prepectives for combate .This can count as a wall latch so unused arcanes such as (Arcane Arachne) would be able to pair beautifully with this.

Skill 2: Widow's Web - Araneae launches an AOE of web that entangles enemies and slows the strong enemies.

Skill 3: Wrathful Cocoon - Araneae uses this skill in conjunction with Widow's Web. Enemies trapped in the web will be wrapped in a cocoon  and be filled with eggs that explode after a short animation that relases spider bots onto the battlefield. These spider bots will attack enimies face-hugging them causing the blinding/frenzying them while dropping health orbs.

Skill 4: Protect the Queen - All spider bots self-destruct causing massive damage to their hosts.

Possible Passives: "Little helpers"-Spider bots have a pick-up vacuum radius to help collect items.

"Mother's Pride"- for each spider on the battlefield Araneae gets a 1% damage increase that scales with power boost. So for a 300 power strength it would be 3% damage per spider.

:lotus:Thank you for the opportunity and for all of you who want to support this theme! :lotus:

In honor of melee 2.999999998:
Dimachaerus, master of blades

Dimachaerus is a master of all melee weapons, capable of equipping (any) two melee weapons in his loadout:
His kit would have to revolve around:
 - a rampage meter that grows with each enemy killed by melee attacks;
 - being able to switch between equipped melees;
 - tasting the blood of his enemies in order to heal and buff himself
 - spawning a second pair of ethereal arms, allowing him to use both melee weapons at once for as long as his rampage lasts.

Similar to Baruuk, he is reluctant to show his true skill, only dual-wielding when strictly necessary.

Backstory:
While other Tenno stuck together during the Zariman Ten-Zero incident, Dimachaerus was left stranded all by himself.
Being alone and with nothing but swords as his friends, he was forced to master the way of the blade to put protect himself from enemies.

Since melee rework is right around the corner (at least we hope it is), a melee oriented Warframe would be greatly appreciated.
Why not commemorate melee weapons with a Warframe who can use 2 of them?
A strict condition to making a Warframe like this is making him able to survive while in close-range, which means being the opposite of squishy.

Look-wise, he'd have to be either a Norse Giant/God with 4 arms or  OR some sort of Gladiator thing. Overall, things that emphasize the Sword Master thing.
Signature weapon is obviously 2 melees of different categories, my suggestion: A Polearm and Dual Swords.

TL;DR - Warframe that can dual wield any 2 melees and is good at killing things and surviving.

I would love to see a medieval era samurai/blademaster themed warframe. Blindingly swift swordstrokes.

Add a sub-theme of something like time or the void to have a frame that can "slice through time" or "cleft dimensions in twain". Sounds cool.

I really just want a werewolf frame, something transformation-based. It's been said a bunch of times already, but yeah.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The warframe, which is created from the armor of the elite soldiers of the Grineer and the technological waste of the Corps, will lead Tenno into battle, destroying the enemies with the power of the Earth.
Its thick and bulky armor carries a whole set of supplies collected in battle in the form of first-aid kits and energy, which will help the allies in difficult times.

So, well, the armor should work quite simply - on his back there should be a grid, like from a hypermarket, which is on casters.

Edited by TaliZora_Vas_Normandy

A frame based on matter states, Solid, Liquid, Gas and plasma.

Each state conferring slghtly different attributes and looks.