Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

DlZSlpBXgAEVdRH?format=jpg&name=largeA Fox / Kitsune based warframe would be a dream come true for me. It could be a stealth / trickster frame like Ivara or loki. Its secondary weapon could look like Tarock thrown blade skin but instead of a card it would be a paper talisman. Georg Nimke design would be awesome with the long pony representing the fox's tail. Plus we already have the vulpine mask stance for the rapier weapon. A fox theme rapier would be sweet also I just really really love foxes!!!! 

On 2020-03-06 at 9:53 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

Is it too much to ask for an angelic warframe?

I’d like to see a beast frame that can turn into different animals/beasts, and each ability the frame turns into a variety of creatures that come with buffs Kinda like a tank or just straight damage. 

the main creatures I’d like to see is a wolf for his first ability, a kommo dragon for his second, a chameleon or like a mouse for the third and his final could be a dragon. Kinda like chroma but an actual mythical dragon. 

You could change it to a mythical frame and change the normal animals to mythical creatures like a werewolf, basilisk.

(Reposting from general discussion: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1173637-warframe-theme-ideas-spreadsheet/)

I got overwhelmed trying to figure out what had already been suggested, so I started making a spreadsheet. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sTHEs2ixxQXdkVDYI7MQykTX9dnQELUdWGpMnj4reaQ/edit?usp=sharing Ta-daaaaaa.

I'm only up to page 37 (of 1834!) but it's pretty much slowed down to "werewolf... angel... plants... demon... werewolf... shadows... summoner... Grineer... werewolf..." so I stopped writing down duplicate names. If you want to help request access on the sheet please and try to stop at the ends of pages. If there's a mistake on someone's username or something just add a comment.

Note that this tool is primarily for checking whether your idea is already promoted, not for specific suggestions. There's some fudging of similar concepts into the same category (eg several different kinds of werewolf concepts all went under "werewolf" on the sheet), and some splitting of concepts (eg "a quadruped werewolf frame" goes under both "quadruped" and "werewolf").

@[DE]Helen, @DivadLegor, @TheUncalled@Nephalem, @thewolflord, @Sdric, if any of you could please edit your posts to include a link to the sheet so that newcomers see it first thing and don't just compound the problem, that would be amazing. Obviously you don't have to but it would be extremely helpful to Future Me (and Future Anyone Helping Me).

“BUSTER”, the Heavy Weapon Sentinel-Symbiote frame that is the classic “Gun and Blade” alternative to Chroma.

The natural evolution of gun and blade that parallels Warframe’s evolution.

In the beginning, Warframes were developed to combat Sentients.  

Chroma is the “fight Fire with Fire” choice.  Womb and Sky.

Imagine a Sentinel that follows true to form as a specialized “exosuit” that is classic “Gun and Blade” magnified.

This choice is exciting because it is WIDE OPEN for powers, which will even dictate art style.

Does this sentinel magnify physical damage types?

Does it magnify CRIT and STATUS and FIRE RATE?

Does it alter Primary/Secondary/Melee?

Possibilities...

I think a warframe theme based on the ancient Greek Fates could be really cool, literally weaving the threads of fate to alter destiny in their favor (of course this would be toned down so they aren't too op). It's a bit of an open ended idea and could probably be taken in a lot of different directions, either in the direction of dps or support or some sort of hybrid of both.

Leer: (From German for "empty")

Leer is a Warframe from an early destroyed railjack, which had been floating in space since the old war, it's operator long dead. Leer had absorbed the emptiness of space, with sunken eyes, a frail form, and the power to control and create vacuums (don't misread that vacuum cleaners, please. That would be a horrible idea). Recently, it had been rediscovered by the Sentients, who had modified it with an exoskeleton to support it's weak structure. All skills would be based around vacuum effects. Based off this concept, there would be Leer-themed ephemera that looks like vacuums collapsing on each footstep.

Warframe appearance concept - I'm not an artist, so I'll leave the drawing part to the professionals, but here's the idea: Leer would be thin, representing the atrophy experienced by spending long amounts of time in space. It would also have a sentient-themed exoskeleton, which would have been designed to assist joint movement and strength. (An armor set to go along with this could be themed along those lines, but more powerful mechanisms) The eyes would be slightly sunken and look like the void of space.

Ideas for passive/abilities:

Passive - Immune to vacuum effects (i.e. Eris extraction points, broken windows on Corpus ships)

Abilities would be vacuum-based

1-skill - Create a small vacuum that pull enemies into it. Impact damage done to enemies who are hurled into a wall or other enemies by their momentum. (ability strength affects pull strength, range affects casting distance and radius of pull, skill has no duration)

2-skill - Bullets/projectiles from Leer's weapons are accompanied by a negative pressure zone, gradually pulling enemies into their wake. (This would be used to pull enemies into a group to make primary and secondary weapons more effective, could scale based on weapon's fire rate)

3-skill - Leer creates a void around himself, pulling enemies and drops towards himself, energy/time based skill. (Helps melee weapons. Range could potentially stack somehow with existing melee weapon pull effects, for a new fighting style)

4-skill - Leer creates a vacuum around all enemies nearby, causing them to suffer from the effects of it. (Could be a non-duration based ability to encourage different builds for using the 2/3 skills or 4 and 1 skills)

• Octaris , the parasite , Octaris is a as the tittle would say is a "parasite" he laches onto enemies or allies, with enemies he morphs into a state depending on the enemy(2 abilities each to start making it more fair,and only goin for the base grineer infeasted corpus)
  • (skip if you not wanting to read some ability ideas), health Armour and shields are partly affected to what he latches onto, each giving unique abilities Buffs them according to your stats with mods and echt and then cast abilities only you could cast on ally but on a ally it youll have 4 abilities, for infested your fast less shields more health gain pounce and lash(your melee), corpus more shields, gain a med range knockdown aoe and a small aoe shield that forwards your shields with this(uses your pistol) ,grineer more amour a bit more health , shoot a small mass that detonates after a few seconds dmg based on primary and hover in the air for a small duration causing med range tic dmg,
  • Any who back to theme Octaris relative to nidus , alad v sought back to the infeasted for more "soldiers" a way to enchance his soldiers even further then he saw with his "other" projects 
  • Ver.(vay hek style) vay hek saw the infested boil POP and tried to scrape up the remains from this asteroid and tried to improve his soldiers(still rough idea but u get the point if i get picked ill think more of story and abilites with stats and echt)

Meet Nova's Father "Omni". The first to control matter on a quantum level. He was able to invert his enemies making them disappear into a realm where anti matter was the dominant force. This is where Nova siphons her energy from. An unexplainable force that grew with the objects size. He was able to destroy planets with only his finger tip while at the same making new matter appear from nothing. How do you  control something that jumps in and out of existence. Once he had mastered controlling matter.... Time was in his hands. Ultimately that's where he got lost. His power was unmatched, his thrive to control it all too. In order to control him you must grow up Tenno... 

An animal based Warframe. Each ability summons an animal Ally for a short time. Like a lion, an eagle, a bear. Each animal boosting frames in a area around it while having an effect. CC, radar, damage, and status effect based on energy color. Thinking like chromas color based but for 2 tone mixing the associated color. Green and blue making viral from toxin and cold. Kinda long but could be fun.

I would like to see a warframe using celestial power to fight against the enemies, called NEBULA. She would be able to gain extra power when exposed to sky, and using them to start her rampage. She can create stardust, which is able to continue damage the enemies while the stardust is staying on the battlefield, by ignite the stardust, she can release the power of stardust all in once, and damage the enemies. the stardust could ignite each other when one of them is exploded nearby. 

Here is my design:

Passive: NEBULA earn extra life, energy and shield regeneration while expose to sky

Ability 1: NEBULA shoot a comet, if the comet hit a enemy, it will spray stardust around the hitpoint.

Ability 2: NEBULA bless herself and her teammates, keep pressing the ability button could absorb the stardust nearby and enhance the blessing.

The buff could be select from all four buffs

1: enhance armor

2: energy regeneration

3: moving speed and ability using speed

4: add punch damage to all weapons

Ability 3: NEBULA create a blackhole and trap all enemies nearby. when the ability end, the blackhole would explode and spray stardust.

Ability 4: NEBULA call a meteorite, explode all stardust in the range, and damage the enemies.

On 2020-03-06 at 8:32 PM, Nephalem said:

IS IT TIME?CAN WE FINALY GET A SUMMONER WARFRAME? Oh dear lord lets do dis shet!

It would be awesome to have a warframe based on and specialized on summoning, unlike Nekros who is quite limited and more of a farm frame. His Swadows of the Dead is capped at 7 in numbers, and the minions hitpoints decay over time.

I agree with your idea 😃

A paint/ink themed frame.

They paint enemies with different colors using either a toggle similar to Ivara's arrow types or energy color like Chroma to inflict different elemental damage. They can have animation sets where they take out a paint palette and paint on the air or something.

A warframe with a robotic arm that can operate another weapon is also a mobile Arsenal. I really want a way to make my two weapons work together better, and they will be more controllable. For example, it will use my other high critical gun to attack the enemy who has been coronative by my pistol. will use my other high critical gun to attack the enemy who has been coronative by my pistol. Not just running around the battlefield only , like specter(my Wukong will never attack the enemy correctly lol). And I hope it's have a BIG GUN!
BIIIIIIIG GUN!As arch-gun.

Yami: The Insubstantial Frame  

A Warframe that has harnessed void energy to the point it has fused with its very structure, pulling it out of sync with the normal universe into a state where it exists in both at once. Using what might have been a debilitating condition this frame has found a way to traverse back and forth between this world and the void by latching onto traces of void energy that exist in the absence of light. And so he became known as the insubstantial Warframe; Yami who hides in shadows. In his natural state Yami appears as a two dimensional void of light in real space, and must use energy to pull himself from the Void. When using the shadows of his enemies to do so Yami does not need to exert as much energy as normal, and can drain a portion of enemy health to restore his own as a passive ability. While Yami has no shields and little armor it is offset by his high health and energy pool. Similar to how limbo can open a rift into the void by sprinting, Yami can manifest from his own shadow into real space, as by default his physical form exists in the void. Yami has access to four main abilities.

J572lJNKQf6g_8x36TfB7QZH9Ll2IpAxokhb-Oazp9mKrsZfs8MuI73iniqre8J-ImdDBUhEnS2qgUUwQjCiy_ixakawby_ZdHjswXVTVlksnCknRrDkhBZR5QVjoNONYwY1ptqe 

His first is Possession; latching onto the shadow of an enemy Yami can begin actively drain health at the cost of energy, and plant a single command in the mind of the possessed; Attack, Defend, Distract, or kill. Each command only affects the enemy Yami is currently possessing, attack causes the controlled enemy to fire on his own allies, positioning himself to survive as long as possible. Defend causes the controlled host to cease attacking and soak up as much damage as possible from enemy attack before their death. Distract causes the possessed to gain attention and flee, causing enemies to chase after him. Finally Kill causes the host to run into the biggest grouping of enemies and drop their entire explosive ordinance at once using themselves as a bomb. 

Yami’s second ability is Shadowjump, it allows him to decrease the distance traveled in real space by selecting enemies through line of sight and teleporting to their shadow (a little like a combination of Ash's 3/4 & Wisps 2). The last enemy Yami teleports to will be translocated into the void at the cost of Yami using energy but gaining some health to materialize in real space.  

Yami’s third ability is called Voidout. Yami can activate his third ability and then cast his 1st and 2nd, or independently. Casting Voidout sends the surrounding area into darkness by draining all light into the void, replenishing a portion of Yami’s health for each enemy caught and stunning them for a short duration as they stumble around in the dark. Yami however can clearly see both his enemies clearly, and their highlighted weak points, allowing him to easily Shadowjump to them and temporarily destroy their shields or health, or use Possession and implant commands for multiple enemies, or simply attack himself using his primary, secondary, or, melee weapon.

Yami’s ultimate and 4th ability is called Penumbra. By forcing 2 void rifts to occur to drain the light and cast darkness Yami gains a damaging aurora of exotic void radiation that causes random status Debuff on enemies  like bleed, knockback, stun, cold, burn, etc…. while stacking his own unique buff Nightmare within the AOE of Penumbra. All other abilities cost much less energy to cast while Yami is in his Penumbra state, and all enemies caught within Penumbra suffer the Nightmare Debuff, causing them to switch to melee only and slow down their speed to a crawl while simultaneously lowering gravity for them. Sustaining Penumbra however greatly depletes Yami’s energy pool, and the cost increases with each enemy affected.

Yami possesses his own unique weapons, a longsword, a beam sidearm, and a beam shotgun.

A horrific Wraith Ninja-like ghost themed Warframe. Name: "Fantom" (The Dark Wraith). A multi-body Warframe that appears and battles in multiple places at once, stalking and terrifying even single enemies with attacks from all angles!

When encountering the Wraith (extremely efficient with, and buffing bladed weapons), an enemy could quickly and easily find himself taking devastating blows, or even fatal stabbings from behind, while simultaneously taking a full-on frontal (and equally fatal) attack to the head! A blade in the back and a blade in the skull, this is the work of Fantom!

The Wraith known as Fantom is ruthless, extremely agile and very difficult for enemies to focus on, as its forms are always active and continuously shifting/attacking from place to place!

Enemies will many times lead themselves to believe they've managed to stop the "Fantom Onslaught" (The Warframe's Ultimate ability), but they will also often find themselves having made a fatal error in this assessment!

For the act of stopping this wraith will hold high difficulty for the enemy working against an Operator who uses it wisely! For its secret... is in its lifeforce, which in fact shifts between its bodies, in accordance to one of its greatest strengths; [the Operator].

Fantom actually allows its Operator to tactically 'Transference-Shift' between its bodies (as often as he, or she chooses) during the Onslaught. Wherein, the Operator will find himself/herself occupying an Instance of Fantom with restored Shields, Health and Energy, while leaving the Non Operator controlled Fantom forms in ghost-like states; phase-shifting between enemies and becoming corporeal-like in order to attack, [again... from all angles]! (Think "The Golden Maw")...

This Warframe is relentless and durable and can last for days on end in heavy battle! Fantom often creates combo attack scenarios with its corporeal-like bodies with intent to overwhelm its foe or foes. Not only does Fantom revel in taking on multiple enemies at once, it punishes the enemy for even entering the battle in the first place!

Fantom's multiform body will even act (on its own) defensively to protect the form who acts as Transference Host to the Operator; aiding or even healing the downed component of itself being controlled by the Operator. While speaking on this, it should be noted, the controlled form of Fantom is the only weak point, a condition created by relinquishing a portion of its strength to the Operator.

While the Fantom forms usually tend to act on their own; even the Prime, or "Main form" (active when the Operator fully relinquishes control to the Warframe), the Operator can actually (and at any time) issue tactical commands to the forms in all levels/gameplay modes within Warframe (if he/she has unlocked the Command intrinsic gained from Railjack missions)!

This will allow the Operator to request "Help" protecting a location of interest, or request the forms all act against a powerful enemy or set of enemies (Such as an invading Railjack boarding party) using the "Attack" command. Fantom forms will proceed to enact devastating attacks against enemies in similar form to Blade Storming with Ash. Fantom is actually considered to be an ancient kindred to Ash and he will synergize with Ash because of this... 

Fantom is a Void Ghost Warframe, a spirit of fury from deep within Lua and created by Lua with intent to counter the Stalker and its Acolytes. The Fantom's passive will introduce a new mechanic of 'Panic & Terror' into the game, where enemies will seek to hide, even though this is a futile effort against... The Fantom!

I would like to see a dancer themed Warframe that can buff allies/pets but can also debuff enemies while performing a dance which is its abilities. And when you activate an ability you have to hit a sequence of buttons to increase the potency of the buff and or debuff of the ability 

Archived