Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Radio - a radio wave spectrum themed warframe. Abilities would be variants of visible light, infra red, ultra violet, microwave and radio waves. Could include communication eminations together with destruction being emitted. 

Vampire Based Warframe:-

Since we have no vampire based warframes but a vampire kavat.

This warframe would be able gain ability strength when in dark and loose some when in light, also he may loose health passively untill he uses an ability to suck some blood from the enemy. 

When ever he suck blood from enemies at some sort of full stacks, he gains  max health for the mission's duration. The max health may be infinitly stackable but requires a hard way of keeping it up something like gara's combo.

Also he turns into a bat :D

thankyou hope you find this useful.

I come around hard during the ability phase I think but if I've got one suggestion for now it's just this: Look at the Dishonored games. I would LOVE a warframe that felt really touched by the Outsider. Doesn't even have to be blatant, just inspired ;w;

I really would like either:

- a shapeshifting Warframe (maybe into different animals? Kubrow, kavat, etc)
- a "Ghost" Warframe which can possess enemies and gains abilities based on the possessed enemy type
- a arachnid Warframe with Spiderlings and stuff

I think it would be awesome if we had a void-powered warframe, or at least a warframe with void abilities, the same sort of power that the Tenno draw from. Perhaps this Warframe was a Tenno smuggled on board and unknown to even the Lotus, and was trapped in the void. Or a secret Warframe project stashed on board, that was then infused with void energies. I sort of picture them as a summoner, summoning the pets or "friends" that they made/created/befriended in the void, but I feel like it could be taken in many directions. Maybe they found some "dark god" to worship in their time in the void, sort of like an eldritch touch.

I think they could be either a more evil or more good focused Warframe, either tolerating the void energies as a means to survive, and using them when necessary, or a Warframe that completely has given into the void and embraces its power.

An idea I quite literally just came up with is a support frame that uses glyphs (like Egyptian not our Warframe ones) to support their allies. Also we have like 2 dedicated support frames why not one more (Trinity & Harrow; you could argue for Nyx and maybe Oberon but I would consider him to be a more CC and armor stripper [Personal Opinion])

So I've been playing Okami again, and thought a Warframe with the ability to summon its powers with a giant brush would be really cool, and he would also be made of ink.

Whenever you choose one of its powers a drawing made of ink(that uses the warframe energy color) will show up on the screen, be it a buff or a offensive power.

The warframe will carry a brush on their back and use it when casting abilities. Also whenever the frame is bleeding it would release ink, and when dying it would become a pool of ink.

How about a Frame that's based on Hindu mythology? One that utilizes chakra and it's gates. Something along the lines of Asura's Wrath with the multi-armed design. A frame that uses a mantra when casting an ability. The offensive variant or Baruuk.

Basically what the Naruto series is inspired by...which are Ninjas. So there's a connecting line here.

Edited to add pic:kF1hDic.jpg

Junk/Glitchy Warframe
No one is quite sure if this warframe was either one of the first warframe prototypes, or they were made by someone who clearly had no authorization/ability to do so. Cobbled together from leftover Orokin and warframe junk, all their attacks are a little... off. They "break" reality with their glitchy attacks, and often their less glued down appendages may just... fall off. However, it's not a problem for this warframe as they can pick up "dropped" pieces/armor/weapons from their enemies for a whole new look/attacks.

It may not be the prettiest warframe... but it's certainly the most relatable. We stan a trashframe doing their best to hold their sh*t together. ❤️

Explosives / demolitionist themed. We have many CC frames based on immobilization, this frame will knock enemies around, protect himself and also deal some damage.

Can be a bit short, but armored. Asymmetrical with one forearm larger than the other because of an expandable blast shield placed there. Maybe a grenade belt around his waist. Some ideas to easily visualize him:

• Think fast grenades with knockdown
  • quick personal "blast shield" that extends from his arm to protect his front from like a bombard missile or a sniper shot.
  • Exalted rocket launchers that he has on his shoulders (like a revenant/blastoise). Animation: wide powerful stance, one foot back, one foot forward, bent knee, gyrate top body forward to angle rocket launchers forward, and fire. 💣💥

Either a witch or warlock frame. The design should have some sort of wizard robes as the body with a witch/wizard hat for the helmet. Think Big Hat Logan or Crystal Sage from the Dark Souls series. Possible powers could revolve around spell casts abilities where you can change the spell elements (cold, fire, toxin, shock) similar to Ivara's quiver or Vauban's mines; however, make changing elements a power of its own that changes all the other powers like Equinox's night and day form. For example:

1: Changes between four elements while also releasing a small-mid range radial damage blast that guarantees the status you are changing to to proc.

2: Gives a timed buff to squad within affinity range similar to Chroma's elemental ward, buffs can be whatever devs decide but I suggest damage, multishot, crit chance, status chance

3: Gives a timed buff to squad within affinity range similar to Saryn's toxic lash where all weapons are given the elemental damage type corresponding to current element (Possible augment can increase status chance or damage per kill while power is active)

4: Create a field of effect similar to Oberon's hollowed ground corresponding to current element

What if you did a sort of machinist/tinkerer Frame?

Like one ability would be to set up different kinds of turrets to increase the amount of guns on the field, providing backup or protection.

Another ability could be a mini tank to follow you around, or even a moa (Khora already has a permanent kavat).

A third ability might be a buffing wave to support all companions.

The last ability could be a massive remote hack with differing results ranging from making everyone attack each other to temporary stuns to exploding weakened enemies.

And the passive ability could be something to do with increasing hacking time or causing a momentary weapon jam to enemies upon contact or within a certain range.

The backstory could be extremely corpus based, perhaps a creation of Alad V or maybe just a Frame that was designed with the corpus in mind. It would definitely have its strengths against drones and moas and other corpus enemies, but infestation and grineer and sentients wouldn't be too affected, so it wouldn't be an overpowered frame. Or at least I don't think it would.

Archived