Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

En 6/3/2020 a las 14:31, TheUncalled dijo:

A slime based warframe that regains health by picking up blobs that are scattered when its damaged or uses abilities

EDIT: Found a wip document of the idea i had on this warframe type https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RSky75HA1GoQREKKBLwxAA3OEur4qGxGqKC0DAATEgM/edit

This is basically Zac from League of Legends, dont copy.

Spinneret

A wire-works style frame that uses nearly invisible threads as their weapon. I feel like this concept has a lot of potential for fun play styles without being over-specialized. The idea I have in mind is themed after a black widow spider. The frame would have an hourglass-like figure, a narrow waist and neck. Overall her body would have a bulbous chitinous structure, with her four 'extra' arms wrapped over her shoulders and under the bust to form a backpack-like hourglass-marked shape on her back with nodes where she spins threads. Her arms and legs (the not spider ones) are still slender and segmented.

Her Noble stance would be standing tall and thin, with her hands folded behind her back where her threads are conveniently placed. Agile stance would be a 'crouched on the balls of her feet' style pose. Little idle animations could include doing string tricks like Cat's Cradle, etc!

Body colors would sit something like this: Primary: Main chitin plates. Secondary: Second chitin plates/antenna: Tertiary: internal joint/soft places. Accents would be a filigree-like web pattern around the edges of her main chitin plates, and face. Emissive colors would show in the nodes around the joints, the spinneret on the back, and her eyes (8 of them spread across her head) of course. There's a pattern I like based off a species of jumping spider that looks wonderful:

sK4jXLH.jpg

Her abilities would be themed on all kinds of spiders though. So she could do stuff like using threads, spider poisons, carrying swarms of young (tiny spiders), and unusual movement like ceiling dangling.

I do have some ideas what the abilities actually would be but since this is the basic theme pitch, I'll just leave them in a spoiler! 

Spoiler

These abilities are not like, set in stone or anything, just ideas for what kind of thing I'm thinking of.

Passive: Wall clinging can be used on any surface that her threads are attached to, and she is invisible while doing so. (has unique wall clinging animation, firing alerting weapons breaks invisibility as usual)

First: Spinneret Threads. This power would have a chargeable action, tap to fling a ball of thread towards where she's aiming. It creates a sticky web in a radius that does not damage enemies but impedes movement (slow effect) and inflicts an accuracy penalty. The web size is increased by holding down the power, up to 100% radius, but has a charge up time. Power strength increases the % of accuracy penalty, duration increases the length of the web and the duration of the slow/penalties, and range increases the base size of the web. Efficiency does what it does, of course.

Second: Spider's Bite. She pounces forward at an enemy, inflicting a guaranteed toxin proc alongside some damage. In addition, Spinneret recovers a small amount of energy every time that toxin proc ticks for damage. If there's no enemy targeted, it flings her forward farther than the normal range of the power.

Third:  Silken Stitching. Spinneret can use her threads to close wounds of allies or herself when needed. This power will fling threads at every ally within the power's range and line of effect, costing energy based on the number affected. This heals a % of hit points and ends a number of status effects on them. The amount of health and number of status procs ended depends on power strength. This ability always affects Spinneret unless she has full health and no status effects.

Fourth: Widow's Brood. Spinneret summons a swarm of spiderlings. These spiderlings are perched all over her body, lashing out at enemies in melee range (3m) causing toxin damage. They also synergize with her other abilities in the following ways: Some spiderlings are flung when threads are used, causing the thread to inflict toxin damage on top of it's normal effects. Spider's Bite increases the damage of the toxin ticks, and every tick has a chance to inflict panic (the fire proc's CC effect).

I think that's about all I've got. I would love to see this kind of Warframe in the game, and hope this submission can be selected!

A warframe based on weather, and death/funerals. In essence, a Grim Reaper that uses weather, instead of a scythe. 

The rain the warframe brings is a symbol of the passing of another, an elegy, mourning, and its thunder righteous indignation. A grim reaper that sets the tone for death, and one that is willing to bring death to those that have sinned with judgement from the heavens.A warframe with powerful significance on the Orokin's idea of death. Though their society was effectively immortal, they still could be killed, and every living being comes to fear, and revere death, and this warframe's creation represents a somber yet when needed violent take on death. 

However one thing is always true: this warframe honors the deaths of all, even those who have done wrong, with his rain. 

Name Ideas spitballs(to help paint a picture, names weren't asked for): Elegy, Imbrem, Tonitura, Exequaire, Indra, Baal.

Cosmic Frame - Black holes, Nebulas, Gravity, Radiation, Magnetic Waves

Flavor - heavy slow ability caster frame to communicate the power of the forces they command

• Ordering a black hole around like Chroma ult augment
  • Spawning nebulas to inflict statuses on enemies/create cover
  • Link a solar flare between players to damage enemies
  • Create gravity wells that slow down enemies/bullets passing through wells

Similar style characters: Sigma (Overwatch), Aurelion Sol (League)

Visual theme-ing: Starry sky portals, irregular humanoid shapes due to exposure to radiation in deep space, holes missing from chest/floating torso above legs b/c held together with magnetic forces. Clean lines marred by absent chunks suggesting powerful forces barely contained/controlled

I would like to see a warframe based on the idea of a knight or a guard. One that does not act for fame and glory but instead for the protection and safety of others. A slow, close ranged warframe whose sole duty is to defend his squad even at the cost of his own life. With high defenses, low mobility, and the ability to draw enemy fire, he will be the ideal tank.

"Bright civilization"

A doctor Frame and a alerter Frame,to honoring a deceased doctor who died in the outbreak- Coronavirus COVID19

His name is Wenliang Lee/李文亮, his name means "Bright civilization" in english,So this is my suggestion for the name of this Warframe.

This frame can be male or female,it has nothing to do with real life or political,The most important thing is that we inherit the spirit of him and other great doctors.

Following some ideas that I thought about his/her ability:

No specific order:

"Mask": This ability filters out negative effects and provides buffs like armor increase to Warframe and all its allies.There will be a exalted mask or a helmet appear when this ability is activated (About how this'll work and what specific buffs is depending on the community)

“Wake up”: Wake up before dangerous situations arrive,this ability can boost Warframe's speed and makes it able to see all enemies positions and weaknesses through obstacles(wall,pillar etc) and shot within a limited range, also provides damage buffs to all its allies,Give them the strength and confidence to turn the tide.

"Whistler": When danger comes, anyone is a whistleblower.

When this ability is activated,All team members can donate energy ,this is a two-handed upper body animation that disables weapon use, casting other abilities and Pickups collection, but allows player movement and parkour Maneuvers( Similar to harrow's third ability but it receive everyone's energy),When the collection is over, the Warframe and all of its allies can get half of the energy returned, and the team will have 5 seconds of invincible time and unlimited ammunition direct from magazine,no need to reload. Donate more energy to get more rewards:

100 energy:Rate of fire increase

200 energy:Increase energy drop rate and other resource drop rates

300 energy:Increased critical chance and status chance depends on strength

500 energy:Heal 100 HP per second

More details will be discussed until the end of the first phase

An Operator-frame would be great. You would use your operator with a strong armor, such as an exoskeleton. Operator will be visible with a bigger and stronger human body, and you will have the same physical abilities as a warframe. Additional to this, you will have the option to customize him (and the armor as well). I know we are not supposed to talk about abilities, but his 4th ability will summon a powerful amp-like weapon that will allow to deal void damage. I would call this Warframe Sentinel. Regarding back story... During the war against the Sentients, a new power prevented the operator to temporarily control a warframe. In the verge of defeat, the operator develops an unkown ability, which allowed him to increase his power. This is manifested in a stronger body. He then uses his power to attach to himself parts of fallen sentients to give some additional shield. 

i want Orokin Tower open world, so the tenno alliance would find warframe base creator and then we can make our self warframe from it. there will be variant of warframe SYSTEMS, NEUROPTICS, CHASSIS. and also we can customize warframe skin from differences available skin material.

or just make warframe that can create and control plants 😉

or warframe from each syndicate, such as,

NEW LOKA with floral warframe, 

STEEL MERIDIAN with grineer tech warframe, 

ARBITERS OF HEXIS with ancient orokin tech warframe, 

THE PERRIN SEQUENCE with corpus tech warframe,

Pet-using Warframe themed on salvaged enemy technology.

Basically summons pets/minions that are modeled off of merged Corpus/Grineer/Orokin technology, something like spider bots made of grineer armor using a stripped down corpus turret, or a quadraped using a modified hyena skeleton merged with a death orb laser and rampart machine guns.

In my mind, its an interesting parallel between the way Copus now have amalgam enemies, and the way infestation takes whatever it finds to create the various infested forms.

Named Koschei, based on the Russian typically-antagonistic character in literature who stored his soul in objects to prevent dying. In this case, a frame who relies on a large sentinel/drone on his back that comes with a cannon that Koschei can fire over his shoulder, or autonomously with different munitions. It can release from his body and fly autonomously,, but lowers Koschei's protection.

A Fusion and Augmentation type frame would be cool. Kind of cross of a druid from WoW and DBZ fusion. 

This could go 2 ways: Pet fusion, or weapon fusion.

I'd love to see a pet fusion one, mostly because it seems complicated as hell and would synergize great with the whole squad, but here's what I'm thinking:

Passive would be similar to Djinn's mod that let's it revive after x time, and also have an effect based on pet type for everyone within affinity range. Robotic would make allies have a resistance to elemental procs and damage; kubrow would give lifesteal on all melee attacks; and kavat would give increased crit chance. 

1 would augment the pet to actually do half decent dps;

2 would augment the frame based on pet type: robotic would buff shields and status chance; kubrow would buff health and base weapon damage, kavat would buff armor and crit chance.

3 would restart 1 and 2 while sending out a CC effect based on pet type and granting all allies within range the stat buff from his 2, but would be on a shorter timer than the other 2 abilities;

4 would have the frame and pet fuse together into something new with 3 new abilities, but only if it's alive (if dead it instant revives and starts a 15 second cooldown), this also stacks the pets stats on top of the frames, so buffing both first would be advised.  The buffs from 1 and 2 only last for the remaining time, so casting 3 first to renew them, then 4 is best. After the ability ends, the pet dies until it gets revived with either his passive, or his 4. 

Robotic pet types have aoe/elemental abilities and only allowed to use the equipped primary weapon; Kubrows have single target/high damage based abilities and can only use the equipped melee weapon, and Kavats have medium/high dot abilities that also cc.  Affects from these abilities would stay for the duration after his 4 is canceled or energy is drained.

The 4th seems like it'll be very complicated to make happen, but the abilities would synergize very well together. His 3 would make it where his 1 and 2 wouldn't have to be constantly refreshed and wrecking his evergy pool, while giving some CC and squad buffs.

That's all I got.  More than I had to do, but whatever. 

I feel like since we have grace skins for a lot of warframe basically being greneer themed i wonder if it would make sense to have more corpus themed ones, I’ve only noticed maybe 4 WF’s with them.

I really like Trinity’s Strega skin and mag’s pneuma skin, wouldn’t mind more similar skins for other’s or more options for Gara in general, something that really gives her a new... smell? Or flavor. Idk if it’s strange to say it that way but that’s how it is in my head. 

There’s plenty of Asian warrior flavored skins but I’ve noticed banshee’s soprana and Nekros’ shroud helmet that give off more of a Japanese ghost look; an arachnid wisp? The braid/weave on Zephyr’s hagoromo looks good, maybe some attachments to match this.

Excalibur’s zato is amazing and so is ash’s koga, I feel these themes on other warframe would be awesome, but we have plenty similar so maybe later. 

last suggestion, mech themes. I’m massively in favor of having some warframe have more mechanical and (primitive?) robotic look, like a Crysis nano suit flavor. Like graxx skins but less leather and fabric and soft pieces. I’m thinking of this and looking at mag’s induction helmet (if I’m not wrong is a nod to Z.O.E.), Gauss, and previously mentioned Mag Pneuma skin.

P.S.

I’m new at playing warframe but have been drooling and observing the art of Warframe since something like 2010, never had a good enough computer to play but got a ps4 back in August, I started playing a week and a half ago, I really enjoy and appreciate literally anything you guys implement and am absolutely in love with what y’all have created. It’s beautiful and absolutely more than anything I could’ve expected out of it. Thanks for making this art, and I’m excited for warframe 7 release date lol.

I have always loved crows & ravens. I thought a warframe theme such as this would be really cool. Been kicking around the idea of a female frame patterned after these birds for a few years now. I always called her, Kavarah: The Corvus Queen. (Pronounced kuh-var-uh) She is tall & sleek with a modest figure, dressed in black garb with a large, feathered headress. She has an exulted kama that forms in her hand from the crows & ravens that eminate from her body. She gained an affection for birds from her mother. They used to watch them together. Being outcasts, the two felt a fellowship with crows & ravens as they are viewed as pests & birds of ill omen. They would feed them & the crows would bring them trinkets as crows do for ppl who treat them well in real life. They would even follow them around again as they do in rl. Kavarah lost her father when she was a youth so she developed a close relationship with her mother. Kavarah's mother was the strongest person she knew, not giving into despair but under heavy burdens & the debilitating weight of loss, not only raised Kavarah but supported them both financially as well. However, not long after Kavarah became a young woman, her mother was viciously killed by Grineer raiders. Kavarah, obtaining the same strong resolve & spirit her mother possessed, desired justice & revenge. When a predator is near, crows attack it in groups to drive it away. Kavarah constructed a kama, figuring it resembled a bird beak, dressed in black garb, & tracked the Grineer raiders to their camp where she attacked them. Her bird friends of course followed her & since crows remember ppl's faces, they immediately recognized the Grineer who killed Kavara's mother & attacked with her. As one woman, she would have had no chance but the crows & ravens swarmed the Grineer, pecking & clawing & causing such confusion amongst them that the Grineer began firing wildly in a panic, killing many of their own. Kavarah went at the Grineer with her kama, killing many before she was shot & hacked to pieces. What remained of her crow & raven friends were driven off. Many birds lay dead all about. The Grineer soon left. Besides Kavara & the Grineer there was only one other witness to this peculiar event. Legends speak of an old, bent over figure that slowly walks about the universe, appearing seemingly at random & leaning heavily on a thin, long walking stick. They say it's the Void itself in human form, forever walking & searching for something, something note worthy, something...different. Normally the Void walks past, passive, indifferent but what the Void witnessed that day grabbed it's attention. The Void saw more than just another mindless struggle. It peered into Kavarah's spirit & will. It saw something rather interesting. A seemingly unexplainable contrast. Such grief & turmoil held in check with such temperence. This young woman, thru an odd relationship with such basic lifeformes, kept all this grief & pain from crushing her completely. The Void had never even seen such inner strength in beings far greater yet here it was dwelling inside this human woman. A peculiar being indeed! The Void witnessed the whole battle, amazed at the level of control when everything inside her screamed in such pain. After the Grineer defeated her & had left, the Void stood over her broken body, severed in numerous pieces. The carcasses of her many friends, the crows & ravens, lay all about her. It was in this moment that the Void was actually changed itself. It was deeply moved by this simple, primitive being. Though unable to give her back her life, the Void knew that such a strong, still spirit should not be silenced in such a vastly dark universe. The Void, having touched this young woman's spirit, had been changed. It spread out it's arms, in a manner of speaking, & gathered the broken pieces of this woman's body together, along with the broken bodies of her bird friends & joined them all together into one body. Though now whole, the body was devoid of life. The Void, now changed, sacrificed a piece of it's own being & housed it inside this new body. Despite being dead, Kavarah's strong, noble spirit would live on inside this frame. It would go on & continue to fight to protect & bring justice to those who could not do so for themselves. Kavarah was an eternal guardian for her planet now. The Old War passed.  A lone Grineer ship was passing through the system containing Kavarah's homeworld. A young Private Vor spotted an odd energy signature on his sensors. It was an strange object floating thru space. Secretly he brought it onboard. It looked to be a body wrapped up in a black substance. When he went to touch it, the substance turned into black birds that flew out & returned to the body lying there on the deck, absorbed into the seemingly dead body. As Private Vor drew near, the body suddenly came to life. Kavarah quickly stuck her arm out at Vor. A murder of crows materialized from her hand & swarmed Vor, clawing & pecking viciously, one of them taking his right eye. With her enemy dazed, Kavarah lept up & ran towards Vor. She stuck her hand out & a few crows & ravens emerged from her body to form a black kama. Kavarah slid low & struck Vor in the legs, cutting them both off at the knees. All the commotion hadn't gone unnoticed & an alarm was raised. Kavarah retreated to an escape pod & fled. Private Vor, though severely wounded got on the comms & claimed it was a deserter & that he needed quick medical attention. Vor didn't tell his Captain the truth. He had heard the stories, they all had. Vor knew he had seen a fabled Warframe. He later reported his findings directly to the Queens where he was promoted & given a new task. Hunt them down & eliminate them. Vor's experience with Kavarah is what prompted the Grineer to hunt the Tenno. Excalibur may have been the first to awaken but Kavarah never slept. The Grineer gunners promptly fired upon the escape pod, destroying it & sending the wreckage down onto a nearby planet. Kavarah's remains were found by a merchant who kept them on display in his shop for years. One day, making her rounds through the system, Maroo stopped by his shop in need of supplies. Immediately recognizing what he had she purchased the pieces. However, knowing their true value, Maroo won't let them go so easily. There are a few "items" she wants you to obtain first. Only then will she trade you the parts. Her name is Kavarah: The Corvus Queen. Possessing a strong & noble spirit, she brings swift justice to the battlefield, eliminating all who stand in her way to bring honor & justice to those who are unable to obtain it for themselves.

Alright, this one's a bit out there, but it's definitely doable. So, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I've kind of wanted a bug themed warframe for a really long time (especially since we've had so many accessories that would work great with one). So I've done a bit of research and I've just learned about a god in Egyptian mythology named "Khepri". (Perfect! We have a name!) The wonderful thing about Khepri is that not only is he a humanoid with the face of a beetle - but he's also the god who supposedly pushes the sun across the sky. On top of this - he also represents creation and rebirth! The hieroglyph Kheper also refers to ideas of development, effectiveness, and growth (among other things).

So we'd not only be able to play around with the concept of bugs, but we'd also be able to play around with the concept of the sun! And I'd finally be able to scratch this VERY strong bug bite that I have had for quite some time now! There are plenty of ideas that one could have for abilities for a Warframe based off of this concept as well;

- beetle companions/buffers for allies

- revival utility to represent the "rebirth" aspect

- maybe a small sun that pulls enemies in

or perhaps my favorite idea! 

- a small sun-like aura that gives off a healing effect that is also surrounded by a massive swarm of beetles that damage enemies going through them

Archived