[DE]Helen

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

Named Koschei, based on the Russian typically-antagonistic character in literature who stored his soul in objects to prevent dying. In this case, a frame who relies on a large sentinel/drone on his back that comes with a cannon that Koschei can fire over his shoulder, or autonomously with different munitions. It can release from his body and fly autonomously,, but lowers Koschei's protection.

• Like 1

A Fusion and Augmentation type frame would be cool. Kind of cross of a druid from WoW and DBZ fusion. 

This could go 2 ways: Pet fusion, or weapon fusion.

I'd love to see a pet fusion one, mostly because it seems complicated as hell and would synergize great with the whole squad, but here's what I'm thinking:

Passive would be similar to Djinn's mod that let's it revive after x time, and also have an effect based on pet type for everyone within affinity range. Robotic would make allies have a resistance to elemental procs and damage; kubrow would give lifesteal on all melee attacks; and kavat would give increased crit chance. 

1 would augment the pet to actually do half decent dps;

2 would augment the frame based on pet type: robotic would buff shields and status chance; kubrow would buff health and base weapon damage, kavat would buff armor and crit chance.

3 would restart 1 and 2 while sending out a CC effect based on pet type and granting all allies within range the stat buff from his 2, but would be on a shorter timer than the other 2 abilities;

4 would have the frame and pet fuse together into something new with 3 new abilities, but only if it's alive (if dead it instant revives and starts a 15 second cooldown), this also stacks the pets stats on top of the frames, so buffing both first would be advised.  The buffs from 1 and 2 only last for the remaining time, so casting 3 first to renew them, then 4 is best. After the ability ends, the pet dies until it gets revived with either his passive, or his 4. 

Robotic pet types have aoe/elemental abilities and only allowed to use the equipped primary weapon; Kubrows have single target/high damage based abilities and can only use the equipped melee weapon, and Kavats have medium/high dot abilities that also cc.  Affects from these abilities would stay for the duration after his 4 is canceled or energy is drained.

The 4th seems like it'll be very complicated to make happen, but the abilities would synergize very well together. His 3 would make it where his 1 and 2 wouldn't have to be constantly refreshed and wrecking his evergy pool, while giving some CC and squad buffs.

That's all I got.  More than I had to do, but whatever. 

I feel like since we have grace skins for a lot of warframe basically being greneer themed i wonder if it would make sense to have more corpus themed ones, I’ve only noticed maybe 4 WF’s with them.

I really like Trinity’s Strega skin and mag’s pneuma skin, wouldn’t mind more similar skins for other’s or more options for Gara in general, something that really gives her a new... smell? Or flavor. Idk if it’s strange to say it that way but that’s how it is in my head. 

There’s plenty of Asian warrior flavored skins but I’ve noticed banshee’s soprana and Nekros’ shroud helmet that give off more of a Japanese ghost look; an arachnid wisp? The braid/weave on Zephyr’s hagoromo looks good, maybe some attachments to match this.

Excalibur’s zato is amazing and so is ash’s koga, I feel these themes on other warframe would be awesome, but we have plenty similar so maybe later. 

last suggestion, mech themes. I’m massively in favor of having some warframe have more mechanical and (primitive?) robotic look, like a Crysis nano suit flavor. Like graxx skins but less leather and fabric and soft pieces. I’m thinking of this and looking at mag’s induction helmet (if I’m not wrong is a nod to Z.O.E.), Gauss, and previously mentioned Mag Pneuma skin.

P.S.

I’m new at playing warframe but have been drooling and observing the art of Warframe since something like 2010, never had a good enough computer to play but got a ps4 back in August, I started playing a week and a half ago, I really enjoy and appreciate literally anything you guys implement and am absolutely in love with what y’all have created. It’s beautiful and absolutely more than anything I could’ve expected out of it. Thanks for making this art, and I’m excited for warframe 7 release date lol.

Or a Werewolf frame that gains new abilities when it's in its beast form.An can have a additional kuburo to fight by its side and is able to give teammates a buff that boosts health,armor and attack.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have always loved crows & ravens. I thought a warframe theme such as this would be really cool. Been kicking around the idea of a female frame patterned after these birds for a few years now. I always called her, Kavarah: The Corvus Queen. (Pronounced kuh-var-uh) She is tall & sleek with a modest figure, dressed in black garb with a large, feathered headress. She has an exulted kama that forms in her hand from the crows & ravens that eminate from her body. She gained an affection for birds from her mother. They used to watch them together. Being outcasts, the two felt a fellowship with crows & ravens as they are viewed as pests & birds of ill omen. They would feed them & the crows would bring them trinkets as crows do for ppl who treat them well in real life. They would even follow them around again as they do in rl. Kavarah lost her father when she was a youth so she developed a close relationship with her mother. Kavarah's mother was the strongest person she knew, not giving into despair but under heavy burdens & the debilitating weight of loss, not only raised Kavarah but supported them both financially as well. However, not long after Kavarah became a young woman, her mother was viciously killed by Grineer raiders. Kavarah, obtaining the same strong resolve & spirit her mother possessed, desired justice & revenge. When a predator is near, crows attack it in groups to drive it away. Kavarah constructed a kama, figuring it resembled a bird beak, dressed in black garb, & tracked the Grineer raiders to their camp where she attacked them. Her bird friends of course followed her & since crows remember ppl's faces, they immediately recognized the Grineer who killed Kavara's mother & attacked with her. As one woman, she would have had no chance but the crows & ravens swarmed the Grineer, pecking & clawing & causing such confusion amongst them that the Grineer began firing wildly in a panic, killing many of their own. Kavarah went at the Grineer with her kama, killing many before she was shot & hacked to pieces. What remained of her crow & raven friends were driven off. Many birds lay dead all about. The Grineer soon left. Besides Kavara & the Grineer there was only one other witness to this peculiar event. Legends speak of an old, bent over figure that slowly walks about the universe, appearing seemingly at random & leaning heavily on a thin, long walking stick. They say it's the Void itself in human form, forever walking & searching for something, something note worthy, something...different. Normally the Void walks past, passive, indifferent but what the Void witnessed that day grabbed it's attention. The Void saw more than just another mindless struggle. It peered into Kavarah's spirit & will. It saw something rather interesting. A seemingly unexplainable contrast. Such grief & turmoil held in check with such temperence. This young woman, thru an odd relationship with such basic lifeformes, kept all this grief & pain from crushing her completely. The Void had never even seen such inner strength in beings far greater yet here it was dwelling inside this human woman. A peculiar being indeed! The Void witnessed the whole battle, amazed at the level of control when everything inside her screamed in such pain. After the Grineer defeated her & had left, the Void stood over her broken body, severed in numerous pieces. The carcasses of her many friends, the crows & ravens, lay all about her. It was in this moment that the Void was actually changed itself. It was deeply moved by this simple, primitive being. Though unable to give her back her life, the Void knew that such a strong, still spirit should not be silenced in such a vastly dark universe. The Void, having touched this young woman's spirit, had been changed. It spread out it's arms, in a manner of speaking, & gathered the broken pieces of this woman's body together, along with the broken bodies of her bird friends & joined them all together into one body. Though now whole, the body was devoid of life. The Void, now changed, sacrificed a piece of it's own being & housed it inside this new body. Despite being dead, Kavarah's strong, noble spirit would live on inside this frame. It would go on & continue to fight to protect & bring justice to those who could not do so for themselves. Kavarah was an eternal guardian for her planet now. The Old War passed.  A lone Grineer ship was passing through the system containing Kavarah's homeworld. A young Private Vor spotted an odd energy signature on his sensors. It was an strange object floating thru space. Secretly he brought it onboard. It looked to be a body wrapped up in a black substance. When he went to touch it, the substance turned into black birds that flew out & returned to the body lying there on the deck, absorbed into the seemingly dead body. As Private Vor drew near, the body suddenly came to life. Kavarah quickly stuck her arm out at Vor. A murder of crows materialized from her hand & swarmed Vor, clawing & pecking viciously, one of them taking his right eye. With her enemy dazed, Kavarah lept up & ran towards Vor. She stuck her hand out & a few crows & ravens emerged from her body to form a black kama. Kavarah slid low & struck Vor in the legs, cutting them both off at the knees. All the commotion hadn't gone unnoticed & an alarm was raised. Kavarah retreated to an escape pod & fled. Private Vor, though severely wounded got on the comms & claimed it was a deserter & that he needed quick medical attention. Vor didn't tell his Captain the truth. He had heard the stories, they all had. Vor knew he had seen a fabled Warframe. He later reported his findings directly to the Queens where he was promoted & given a new task. Hunt them down & eliminate them. Vor's experience with Kavarah is what prompted the Grineer to hunt the Tenno. Excalibur may have been the first to awaken but Kavarah never slept. The Grineer gunners promptly fired upon the escape pod, destroying it & sending the wreckage down onto a nearby planet. Kavarah's remains were found by a merchant who kept them on display in his shop for years. One day, making her rounds through the system, Maroo stopped by his shop in need of supplies. Immediately recognizing what he had she purchased the pieces. However, knowing their true value, Maroo won't let them go so easily. There are a few "items" she wants you to obtain first. Only then will she trade you the parts. Her name is Kavarah: The Corvus Queen. Possessing a strong & noble spirit, she brings swift justice to the battlefield, eliminating all who stand in her way to bring honor & justice to those who are unable to obtain it for themselves.

Edited by (XB1)Uncle Wack
Needed to tweek the back story.

Posted (edited)

Why no art theres barely any & some of these are stolen from other shows People come on be original 

Edited by Kane_Legion

Shapeshifter warframe, like a Dnd or WoW druid. A quadrupedal attack form, another movement-based form like a bird or fast quadruped. Not sure how hard it'd be, but I love wild shapers!

Posted (edited)

Alright, this one's a bit out there, but it's definitely doable. So, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I've kind of wanted a bug themed warframe for a really long time (especially since we've had so many accessories that would work great with one). So I've done a bit of research and I've just learned about a god in Egyptian mythology named "Khepri". (Perfect! We have a name!) The wonderful thing about Khepri is that not only is he a humanoid with the face of a beetle - but he's also the god who supposedly pushes the sun across the sky. On top of this - he also represents creation and rebirth! The hieroglyph Kheper also refers to ideas of development, effectiveness, and growth (among other things).

So we'd not only be able to play around with the concept of bugs, but we'd also be able to play around with the concept of the sun! And I'd finally be able to scratch this VERY strong bug bite that I have had for quite some time now! There are plenty of ideas that one could have for abilities for a Warframe based off of this concept as well;

- beetle companions/buffers for allies

- revival utility to represent the "rebirth" aspect

- maybe a small sun that pulls enemies in

or perhaps my favorite idea! 

- a small sun-like aura that gives off a healing effect that is also surrounded by a massive swarm of beetles that damage enemies going through them

Edited by (XB1)TrueNeutralGuy
Expansion of idea

A petite female Warframe, originally mass produced but then enhanced with sentient technology, inspired by Gothic medieval style armor and wear, crusaders, princes and princess and similar dark gothic art of that style, a bit of a prissy princess, sassy, stuck up(animations), most commonly seen with her Exalted Great Shield(a small collapsed version on her arm when not being used)

Themed power set:

1. holding the button causes her to hide behind her shield and receive reduced damage while draining energy,releasing(or tapping) the button causes her to launch herself forward and deal damage while staggering enemy's
3.she plants her shield in front of herself and it enlarges slowly absorbing enemy fire up to a health threshold, re-casting will return the shield to her and cause a burst of damage equal to the damage absorbed
4.Activates her Exalted shield lowering movement speed while boosting armor and reducing damage taken for herself and nearby team members, also taunts enemy's into targeting her more

I personally would like to see a Warframe that is all about changing size. I feel you can use how wisp can change motes by holding 1 then place them by holding but with two different modes like how equinox has a day and night but with a big and small. I don't know how you could do big properly but maybe the base size is like 2x the normal size and with every 100% or so in strength it could grow by another .5% Such as 2.5 or even 3. I feel that when it gets larger it gains a lot more armor but a huge reduce in speed depending on size. With the small i feel it would have a reduced amount of armor for every size down and shrinks the same as growing. I have an idea that when small they can move a lot faster but so they can doge bullets because of reduced armor. When the Warframe is large it has a bigger hit box and when large if you get hit it drains small amounts of energy as to not leave you as big the whole match where as when small you have a reduced hit box to compliment your lower armor when you are small energy drains at a constant rate as to make sure your not small the whole match and since you have to try and not get hit. I don't know how well this will work with completely but i believe in DE and Thank you for your time.

A Frankenstein warframe: Racleta, Romanian for knife/doctor

Reap and sew, tenno.

A bone saw to rend disobedient flesh, electrified needles and thread to remake it in your image

The Eve of of their discontent, the Adam of their eyes.

your children, a plague upon their houses.

born of death, they are yours to use and abuse.

Throw them away , spread your influence, your decay.

P.S. only acceptable as female or scrawny twink/ androgynous type

Posted (edited)

Echo, an Oread (mountain Nymph).  Her powers are based on an echo of herself and others that take effect a split second after she or others perform an action.

ie 

Power 1."double tap"; When activated if she uses a weapon a split second later that same weapon fires a second time without using ammo (an echo) but repeats the damage and status of the first shot. (this should instantly get through a shield gate if set up right)

Power 2. "Split Image"; duplicates Echo and her duplicate follows so closely to her that they almost take up the same space, it duplicates every action she takes a split second behind her she fires a weapon then it fires its weapon at the same target, melee strikes follow a split second behind Echo's melee strike. damage done by the duplicate is only 65% of Echo's but damage taken by Echo is halved.

Power 3. "Pickup"; doubles health and energy pickups for herself and squad-mates within her area of influence.

Power 4. "Dopllegang"; applies "Split Image" effect to squad-mates in her area of influence

Edited by MjikThize
Spelling (are - area)

How about a loosely mantis shrimp-themed frame? It could focus around building &/or stealing enemy defenses to shelter behind (a sort of high armor, low health deal) until the right moment to pull a single powerful attack.

what about a warframe with removeable components such as a removeable left arm?I mean, we can change its components with the warframes we have, and thus change its skill

A warframe that can act as a tank that forces aggro on themselves and uses the enemy's damage against them in some kind of way. weather its through physical, elemental or refelection, it seems like it would be an extremity good frame to have on a squads front line.

Posted (edited)

Sniper frame. I know some frames like Ivara sort of encroach on that, but you could say the same about things like titania/zephyr, and I think there's a lot of potential.

Barring that, a more generalized gun frame could be a good time, I remember before Mesa was added being really excited for her, her actual kit ended up being really strong but not at all what I hoped for. Peacemaker isn't even any actual gunplay.

Anyways, I know it says one submission so disregard the second I suppose.

Edited by Fari
just to add the bit about disregarding the second

A warframe that shifts into an animal I dont know yet but it can change from its normal state (Regular warframe) to a more animalistic creature giving it 7 abilities in total 
(Like equinox but switches between adn animal and a human)

Madness/ Insanity  

A frame twisted by the horrors that hide in the dark of the void . One face a twisted toothy grin the other sad at what he’s done but always driven to continue . possibly a true Cheshire kavat as his sole companion or hyena kubrow . 

Coeus, the scientist, the progenitor of Sentinel technology. His Neuroptics have been lost and the frame would initially use a small re-purposed Cephalon housing his intelligence found floating where his head would be. Literally too smart to die, Coeus created numerous contingency plans to insure that his work would continue. 

Ideas for his kit so far:

Passive - Coeus has very low health, shields, and armour but takes on the stats and modifications of his Sentinel companion when Promoted. 

1. Promote - Toggle, Active use - Coeus replaces the temporary Cephalon headpiece with his equipped Sentinel companion. The Sentinel projects his face like an emblem. Coeus takes on the health, shields, and armor of the Sentinel and in turn provides the Sentinel's weapons and abilities with an increase to damage, range, and frequency. Using the ability again focuses the Sentinel's targeting. 
  2. Implement - Toggle, Cycle - Coeus begins building many lesser Sentinels over time that assist players with defense, damage, health, and energy production within affinity range. 
  3. Self Destruct - Active use - The lesser Sentinels seek out and Self Destruct when in range of enemies. Upon death Sentinels drop energy orbs and additionally give Coeus energy regeneration for any enemies killed. 
  4. Eureka - Active use, Special - Coeus creates several workstations which contain puzzles similar to hacking puzzles. By spending additional energy to activate each station, Coeus can interact with them, solve the puzzle, and then move closer to completing his work. Upon finishing all puzzles, Coeus creates a device which manipulates mission objectives: A Defense mission would skip a round, points would be awarded toward finishing Interception rounds, time would be taken off Mobile Defense, Life Support added during Survival, etc. Each mission might have multiple ways to be affected, or be affected by a single way multiple times. Additional Coeus frames could work together to finish faster but the manipulations are finite and shared between all players. After Eureka mission objective manipulations have been exhausted or no manipulations are available for a mission type, Eureka will instead cause all player's Sentinels to overclock, unlocking the true potential of the companions. If a player had lost their Sentinel, instead it would revive. 

Coeus's signature weapon would actually be a Sentinel weapon with higher base status percentage. 

The concept I'm going for here is that players using Coeus would spend more time working with the machinations of his abilities to aid in completing missions rather than wanton murder. Imagine a tinkerer type in the middle of a battlefield focused on inventing a way to stop a conflict rather than actively participating. The goal for a Coeus player would be to assist through lesser Sentinels and to complete his ultimate ability.  My argument is that although a bit out of the box, the concept could provide the same outcome in missions but with a completely different play style.

Alternative names: Polus (Roman), Koios (Greek). Coeus is named after the Titan of Resolve and Intelligence.

How about a darkness themed warframe. It would have varying buffs and debuffs depending on the light level in the room kinda the opposite of Mirage's prism ability.

Examples of possible abilities/buffs.

undetectable but not invisible when in a completely dark corner (gunfire temporarily reveals your position)

speed increase while undetected

damage increase in darker rooms

increased regen or decreased cooldowns while hidden

reduces enemy accuracy in darker rooms

"black hole" toggle ability that removes most of the light from the environment around the frame applying the accuracy debuff/buff to nearby allies, enemies and defence objectives.

shield wall similar to volt that obscures vision from one side but does not stop projectiles

lasso ability to blind enemies and steal their weapons&ammo

exalted whip

dash ability that teleports you to what you're looking at

Improve upon or discard my ideas as you wish.

Posted (edited)

Since we don't have a Gas damage/Themed Warframe, I was thinking that would be a practical choice.[Nitros] The Gaseous Frame. with various gas abilities.

Edited by Vlarr