Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A warframe thats totally not a ripoff of killer queen bombs galore all the splash damage immune to explosive damage short range though has to make contact to place bombs but it is near instant placement detonator and instant explosion placeable bomb maybe an ability where he causes huge explosions around him and gains all health back but has a ludacris delay between button press and actually activating maybe an evil laugh animation inbetween just a concept sorry for lack of formality but this all came to me at once and i wanted to get it down

My idea:

A Roman Legionnaire based warframe. A very militaristic based warframe with a sense of honor and a code he sticks to and is very straight to the point with things. He uses his short sword and shield also known as a scutum. He can be seen as a tank in terms of strength with the look of what a Roman Legionnaire and a warframe combined would be. He is known as someone to command a room and uses javelins as support and relies heavily on his exalted shield for defense for protecting him, others and objectives. He is the one to lead other warframes into the fight and he is always the one who goes first into battle. He can be seen as a supportive warframe and a defensive warframe that has you commanding soldiers to either old a point or go on the offensive 

Ideas for a name. (All being in Latin)

Mandatum

Caesar

Honoris

Lavie (like La Vie)

Plant/Nature themed, with more emphasis on nature than Oberon.

The beauty. The earth. The heart of all life.

Ability 1 (toggle)
Either animal or weather based toggle. Like ivara, but can switch between companions (not exalted) based on warframes' mods. Or weather based. Switching between sun (heat damage) acid rain (radiation) snowstorm (cold) windy (slash).

Ability 2
Taking root, longer she stays still, the more her damage/armor percentage goes up.

Ability 3
Kind of like Equinox, but she can switch between being a healer (green, clean and health buffs) or destructive (dark, moody, and damage buffs) (maybe a status proc.)

Ability 4
Flood. Basically, enemies would be searching for Noah's Arc. Crowd control, water pours for her pushing away enemies.

A Warframe Themed around Large Weapons, War, and Ammunition. 

With the recent changes to Status effects, I would highly like to see a Warframe based around carrying more then the rest. A master of Arms, the buddy who gives to an extra mag when your out of bullets, the man who has the bullets for every situation. Like I said he would be a bigger, thicker lad, with a love for guns

What about an artist/war-painter theme? Could provide some unique opportunities for terrain-based buffs, and having a creative type would be cool to have as the community creation.

warframe name:massacre
You can select 4 warframes in the armory to obtain replication
Skill one:Switch to duplicate battle armor, and the selection will change to specified battle armor
Skill two:Can't be released because it hasn't been changed to the specified armor;Change to designated battle armor: you can switch the skills of designated battle armor. Four skills can exist at the same time
Skill three:Give teammates 15% Duff of duration, intensity, range and each
Skill four:Exclusive distinguished weapon, it's a void energy group when it hasn't changed,Left click to rush out and hit the enemy;When using  warframe copy, if the copy has an exclusive weapon, it will become it, if not, it will remain unchanged

My Input:

Deimos

TL:DR: Large Male Warframe like Atlas or Chroma, using a transforming Archgun-like Exalted Weapon with an alternate fire mode.

A heavy weapons  Warframe, originally created for riot control and quelling of the lower castes during the early Sentient war, Deimos is a master of manipulating foes. Whether by noxious airborne agents, or by suppressive fire, his enemies will have a hard time traversing the battlefield. Angular in design, and wearing a helmet with tusks reminiscent of a boar's, Deimos is an intimidating blend of form and function, easily standing shoulder to shoulder with his hulking brothers and sister: Atlas, Chroma, Grendel, Rhino, and Hildryn. 

• Exalted Weapon & Passive: The Dominatus Array.

The Dominatus Array is a series of energy channeling armor plates arranged all across and integrated with Deimos's chassis, capable of reconfiguring into a devastating weapon.

The Array provides Deimos some (5%,10%?) damage resistance while on his body. It also has a chance (5%, 15%?) to absorb projectiles in a small (40º?) cone in front of him and add them to his own weapon's magazines.

• Pummel.

Deimos is familiar with enemies getting close, and also with removing them from his vicinity.

Using this ability while walking or standing still throws a savage kick that ragdolls enemies, sending them flying away and dealing moderate damage. Using this ability while sprinting delivers a shoulder bash that knocks down enemies and does moderate damage. Using this ability while airborne executes a dropkick that does massive damage in a very small area.

• Bandolier.

Deimos has a number of canisters and grenades available to him, able to do anything from stun and pacify opponents to shattering enemy morale with mind altering chemicals. 

Cycle through and throw one of four versatile grenades:

1. Paralysis Canister. This canister releases a mixture of energy and gas that stuns robotics and organics alike. All enemies in a short range are unable to move for a few seconds.
  2. LN2 Bomb. This armament coats a radius around it with LN2 upon detonation, slowing the movements of all enemies caught in the blast and applying a damage over time effect.
  3. Disabler Grenade. This flashbang-like grenade creates a blast that disables all non-nullification aura effects of enemies caught in it for a few seconds. This means auras like Eximus and Ancients produce. (Higher energy cost than other options recommended.)
  4. Fear-Gas. This canister produces fumes that cause enemies to run from the cloud in fear. This effect and the cloud last a few seconds.
  • Restock.

Deimos handles crowds well, but still needs his allies by his side to make the most of his stuns and battlefield control. This ability helps ensure his allies and himself remain at peak combat effectiveness. Use of this ability refills a portion of Deimos's and his allies ammo within several meters (10?). This ability can't restore Archgun ammo however.

• Reconfigure

Deimos assembles the Dominatus Array in offensive form, allowing for high-power semi-auto shots able to punch through targets, or a closer range plasma cutting beam.  Pressing the alt-fire key will switch between these two modes, allowing Deimos versatility in his approach.

This sacrifices the Dominatus Array's protection, since it is no longer spread across his body and ready to absorb incoming damage.

I understand that this was supposed to just be a theme idea, not almost the whole Warframe, but I have had this idea stewing for a while, and saw this as a great opportunity.

P.S. I only skimmed over the first few pages of this event, so I apologize for any similarities to other ideas.

A knight-like warframe. Probably a battle hardened one who has been fighting a particular enemy, like he/she has been fighting the stalker for a very long time protecting the tenno from him.

The first ability will have to be a shield but cannot attack while the shield is up, just like Reinhardt from Overwatch. The second and thrid is between having the warframe place an area of effect to strengthen the warframe and those inside the field as if it's a rally, and throwing a mini shield which is capable of ricocheting around the place. The fourth ability will have the warframe summoning some knights for battle. 

Polaris, the guiding North Star. A steadfast source of direction and support to allies. A ruthless cause of disorientation and devastation to enemies. Primary ability theme centers around waypoint interaction, making them a more prominent feature of cooperative gameplay. Other ability themes would revolve around drawing enemy focus (functioning in the capacity of a tank), or completely disorienting them directionally.

trevor-coelho-img-kclao3.jpg?1583729697Medusa, The Gorgan
From what I gather of the lore, in the time of the great war the ultimate form of execution was the Jade Light. My Warframe idea is a frame who was made as a conduit, designed to bring final judgement to the battlefield.
She was a lith and fragile looking frame designed to walk the battlefield unhindered. With the highest armor rating in spite of her fragile looking form. Being made of a super dense alloy she could withstand enemy attacks with ease.
And this angle of death was called Medusa.
Medusa came to the fight and brought to bare a power unlike any other. Her eyes opening up let loose the Jade Light able to destroy all before her. Or calling on her "Gorgon Twins," a pair of exalted Ranged based weapons to cause even more devastation.
But she was not perfection as the Orakin had hoped. Her mind was flawed, and any Tenno piloting her was haunted by the screams of the innocent they forced herr to kill. So before the war was even over she was hidden away, where it was believed - and hoped - she would never be found.

Oblivion warframe.

Ability 1: open a black hole that's sucks in all surrounding enemies to oblivion.

Ability 2: absorbs life out of surrounding enemies for energy.

Ability 3: releases a pulse of cosmic radiation to surrounding enemies causing instant death.

Ability 4: shield that surrounds oblivion stopping every attack

is it just me or am i the only one who thinks that we need a frame that can transform into a different kind of shape.
like a man or woman shape transform into a wolf.
I know valkyr exists, but she's the wild cat.
not exactly the shapeshifter type.

it would be cool to control warframes in a whole new style.
sugggested theme : "ShapeShifter"

Not only this Shapeshifter theme can be transforming into animals.
But also into specific enemies to hide themselves among their foe during stealth mission
sneak behind enemies like the Spy from TF2

Lupus.

Based on the Norse mythology, Fenrir. Link wikipedia

Summon 1 has 2 options. duration consume energy

Sköll: Makes attack speed increase every time he attacks. 
Hati: Blind enemies AOE every time he attacks.

Can tranfor in a big wolf.  

• Duration does not consume energy. 
  • You cannot use firearms or melee in this transformation.
  • it has something like an exalted weapon

I would love to see a Warframe with 4 faces like Brahma where the face switched, and each face has a passive ability. The body could have multiple 2d arm designs overlaping the main

body.The main abilities could be support and could have the arm designs that are decorating the body detach with the face its associated with, like making a small support army, but each

of the parts that detach decrease the armor of the main unit, meaning the more of these small specialized warriors you create, a maximum of 4 and each having their own special actions,

the main Warframe becomes weaker and easier to kill if hits are sustained. Just a neat little idea I had a while ago that would be kind of fun to see put into the game.... plus, spiny face of

emotions makes for some great fun I would assume.

`short version: Brahma the Warframe with spiny face and he has detachable parts that act as npcs and do special stuff.

~Shadow-Bird

Frame, based on people's prejudices and using these prejudices in their abilities. A terrible werewolf, life-sucking vampire, etc., the main thing is to instill fear (and possibly one that can make up for his life and energy, at the expense of the victims).

EDIT: After the latest staff reply, I did a quick search and found the earliest theme submission that is almost a perfect match to this shifter/summoner hybrid concept:

On 2020-03-06 at 8:04 PM, (PS4)DrunkSquirrel818 said:

I've had this idea in my mind for a while, especially after seeing Khora and her whole design.

What I was thinking of was a beast focused frame, but instead of having a companion, the frame would be able to shift and change itself into a beast like form, likely with increased strength, a melee only sort of setup during that state, and increased speed.  I had it in mind where the frame would be more animalistic in design and attack style, having an ability maybe like a howl attack that blasts out a soundwave from the howl. Maybe even another ability to summon a pack of either wild kubrows (strengthened a lot, obviously), or a new form of creatures to their side to help attack. 

The idea of a frame that can sort of shift forms has always appealed to me, and I really hope to see it one day.

There were earlier mentions of lycan/werewolf themes but none that combines it with summoning/minions. The above is clear enough to convey the exact theme; what follows is a draft/fleshing-out of this idea.

----------

My concept - copied over from the Fan Concepts sub-forum (thread). The theme is a hybrid between a summoner and a lycan, where the shift morphs the frame into an exalted melee-form direwolf, which is upgradable and comes with it's own stance.

[Warframe Concept] Morrigan - Lycan Shifter/Summoner Hybrid

"The Morrígan or Mórrígan, also known as Morrígu, is a figure from Irish mythology who is mainly associated with war and fate, especially with foretelling doom, death or victory in battle. In this role she often appears as a crow, the badb. She incites warriors to battle and can help bring about victory over their enemies. The Morrígan is often described as a trio of individuals, all sisters, called "the three Morrígna" Badb, Macha and Nemain (war personified). As a shape-shifting goddess, she has taken the form of many animals including a wolf." [revised citation, source]

This warframe is meant to be a hybrid between a summoner and a lycan, where the shifted body itself is an exalted melee-form. I've taken a few liberties with the lore.

SHIELDS                  HEALTH                  ARMOR

Initial/Frame Form: ✖️                             ✔️                            ✔️

Split/Raven-Frame:  (ravens)               (ravens)              ✖️

Lycan Form*: ✔️ (sacrifice cap)      ✔️ (sacrifice total)    ✔️ (sacrifice cap)

(*Plus 1 trait-sacrifice)

Passive (Swan Song): Each ally death will replenish 10 health to all allies in a 20 meter radius.

When starting out, Morrigan has no shields - just her health and armor.

Ability [1] - Raven's Call - consumes energy, toggled, not channeled

Morrigan drains her entire health pool (-2 pts.) and manifests her life-force as a flock (an unkindness) of ravens. Each raven will grant Morrigan a fixed X amt. of shields.

- The number of ravens are affected by ability efficiency

- The ravens are not classified as allies, they are not targeted by enemies

- The ravens do not have armor, but are invulnerable while Morrigan has shields

- If Morrigan's shields are completely depleted, any further damage will be split among the (unarmored) ravens

Recasting/toggling-off: will break Morrigan's shield, drawing all the ravens back, replenishing her with their remaining health instantly and now makes the frame's armor effective.

- When toggling-on the shields will always regenerate starting from 0

- Health regeneration (via arcanes, consumables ..etc) is not possible while the health pool is manifested as ravens

Ability [2] - Foretold Sacrifice - consumes energy, not ready without any ravens from [1]

Morrigan marks an X number of enemies for the ravens. When you or an ally kills a marked enemy, a raven will collect an X% of their health, with Y% armor or Z% shields.

- These sacrifices are used to feed/craft Nemain (Morrigan's lycan form)

- Marked enemies receive a flat -33% accuracy (only) when targeting Morrigan

- Toggling-off [1] will remove all active marks

- Lesser-wolves will prioritize marked enemies - breaking engagements with unmarked enemies (if need be)

- % bonuses are affected by ability strength

Hold-to-cast (consumes energy): will heavy-mark only a single special enemy for a trait-sacrifice which extracts a weaker version of it's aura/ability as an offering. For example, the aura of an arson eximus, which Nemain will receive with less effectiveness.

- Recasting for a trait-sacrifice will replace the one which was previously extracted as an offering

Ability [3] - Pack Hunter - consumes energy, channeled

Morrigan or Nemain casts an aura which multiplies (only) their own damage and attack speed based on the number of allies within the aura radius. These do include lesser-wolves but not the ravens (nor any spectres, Nekros' shadows ...etc).

- Aura range and multipliers are affected by ability range and strength

Ability [4] - Lycan's Call - does not consume energy, toggled

Morrigan breaks her shield and draws all ravens (if [1] is toggled on), and shapeshifts into the direwolf Nemain. Nemain is an exalted melee-form with her own stance.

- Health/Armor/Shields are based on the total sacrifices collected, including the last collected trait-sacrifice (aura/ability)

- Abilities [1] and [2] cannot be cast in this form - but ability [3] can be toggled on and off

- Recasting will morph Nemain back into the exact state Morrigan was just before the cast

Hold-to-cast (consumes energy): will summon a pack of lesser-wolves each having a fixed X value of health, Y value of armor, and deals only physical damage.

- The lesser-wolves are classified as allies

- The number of lesser-wolves and their stat values are affected by ability strength

- Both Morrigan, and Nemain as well, can hold-to-cast

- Repeating a hold-to-cast will only summon lesser-wolves upto the max. total and will not heal any surviving lesser-wolves

The Common Build/Playstyle: With [1] toggled on, activating/deactivating [4] will allow you to transition from a racing direwolf to a sprinting frame with ravens hovering around you. Use [2] to mark enemies and kill the marks to feed or alter your lycan form. Then [4] to morph back, hold-[4] to summon your pack and activate [3] for a ruthless hunt.

These are some mockups I made showcasing the exalted-form, upgrade and stance:

cDclBDF.jpg

jldgECf.jpg

9roQ2s5.jpg

I suggest a Drone Frame.  Think Soundwave from transformers.  3-4 minicon/drones that give off different buffs/support similar to how corpus drones work.  They can be summoned to a fixed area of 15+ meters and function similar to Wisps buffs giving various stat bonuses to anyone inside the zone.  1 drone could regenerate health and shield to anyone in range while a 2nd is a single target turret drone.  3rd could be similar to Shock Moa and run around his area making AoE stuns while the 4th being a DPS melee drone that charges enemies that enter his zone.   They be great for holding a point or defending an area

Archived