Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

My theme idea: Cosmic, Celestial.

Creating Micro Universe as their abilities. Much like Vauban's black hole, they can gather, Create and compact these Micro Universe and bend them to their will. 

As their body is also built, formed and kept togather by micro universe they have formed, So as their hair, being translucent and holding these micro universe's in it as well. The idea that this Long nebula veil can be used to also bend to their will, Making what ever she would want from it, Being a set of dual guns that shoot micro planets at the enemy or even making giant fists to take them out. I would image this type could also be able to shield their allies in a dome. 

PCRKq2G.jpg

Theme: Haniwa, hollow terracotta soldiers used in ancient Chinese and Japanese burial rituals. It is theorized that their hollow form would let them house the souls of the deceased. Most people are aware of Haniwa thanks to the massive Terracotta Army found in China.

Example Direction: This Warframe would summon powerful but fragile terracotta soldiers to fight for them. As your soldiers get destroyed their souls are released - bringing buffs to your allies or debuffs to your foes.

(Originally posted this theme in the wrong thread, so I decided to rewrite this post and make the theme suggestion more open ended.)

Divination/Witch frame

Description:
Predicts (i.e. controls) potential futures and can see beyond normal sight.  Tarot, astrology, scrying/clairvoyance, astral projection, and alchemy (convert common resource drops?) are all possible parts of her repertoire.

The idea is flexible for potential ability design (and alternate models/skins) while being aesthetically and thematically strong. It doesn't have a big overlap with other frame themes, and has room for being mechanically unique (see the above alchemy)

Backstory:
Though originally designed for battle, her abilities ended up landing her a position as an advisor to the high-ranking Orokin (think Merlin). She lied about a possible future to either lead the Orokin to danger or protect some person/people. She was successful in her mission, but her betrayal was discovered leading to her execution.

How about a Crystal/Gemstone themed Warframe that would at the same time function as the "Syndicate Warframe" for Steel Meridian.Trying to make it into a "All Grineer are the same because of cloning" vs. "The individual beauty of Crystals and Gemstones" sort of deal that would signify how the grineer in steel meridian would discover their own unique selves.

Gladiator frame

From the replies I've seen there seems to be a lot of interest in a plant/nature themed cc Warframe. There also seems to be people who value the idea of a traditional Nordic berserker or primal/bestial themed frames. I'd like to propose a gladiator frame who fits the tankier and possibly even self-sustaining concept that majority of people seem to want.

Though abilities are to be determined after the theme is selected, I'd like to propose to those in the community the ability of being able to close off the surrounding area, and buff those within their "stadium". This adds some minor CC to the existing kit and helps to solidify the somewhat loose concept of what a gladiator is.

As for origins, possibly created as a form of entertainment for the Orokin. A way to humiliate and punish those who chose to defy them. A form of retribution.

Name: Archimedes/da Vinci

Frame theme: Artificer/scavenger 

They would be built around having to gather a unique loot, or unneeded ammo that only drops for them. this would fill up a special bar for their other abilities. This would be used for things like making explosives, buffs for teammates, and robot helpers to fight alongside them and also feature a weak vacuum.

Disclaimer: I did read that you guys weren't looking for abilities, but I did it anyway. I'm not incompetent I'm just rebellious.  
Energy cost of all of the following abilities are of course up to you. 

Ability 1: Lariat /double lariat if multiple enemies.
Name: Tagaloa
Class:Tank/ Support
Works similarly to both excalibur's slash and rhino's charge where if it hits an enemy who isn't killed its an automatic knockdown followed by armor stripping or confusion. Duration and quality depending on your choice.  

Ability 2 (support): Haka- A Haka based buff/ AOE ability that gives the user and their allies an attack power and defense buff while temporarily making enemies flee. This ability is based on the idea of what the Haka represents. Maori/Samoan warriors did the Haka before battle to inspire fellow soldiers and strike fear into the enemy with a display of athleticism, confidence and demon like facial expressions. This could also be made into fun emotes for all layers to use. The Haka has many varieties and could definitely be used for fun interactions. (see links/ diagram for examples) 

Ability 3:Surging spirit- Removes enemy shields while replenishing allies' energy reserves. (Another Haka stance?)

Ability  4: Krakatoa- An A.O.E defense based ability where Tagaloa calls forth a flow of lava onto the battlefield. Instantly kills enemies of low enough level (you decide), gradually causes  heat damage while slowing enemies down. Enemies who die from lava flow will be charred. Also similar to Chroma, I think Tagaloa's 4th ability should be able to change elements and status effects based on color.  (details up to you, this is just a suggestion) 

Passive ability: Armor increase for squad mates and increased health regeneration (maybe)  

Side note: I think it would be a great idea to have one of Tagaloa's benefits be that he increases the duration and damage of elemental warframes through synergy. 
Examples: Zephyr's Tornadoes do increased damage and elements/status effects 
                 Hydroid's "Kraken" has added electricity damage.
                  Volt's electricity attacks have increased damage and duration.
                  Ember's abilities have increased damage and duration. 
Promotional weapons: Weapons based on the Early Polynesian weapons made from paddles (ores) as well as sharktooth axes, daggers, warclubs, swords, hammers and polearms. You could even have a skin for an axe-like weapon resembles Maui's hook, or a skin for the K-drives that resembles a traditional surfboard. If you guys feel like getting really crazy about it, you could even implement it into the fishing part of the game. 

I don't have much to add for the visual, sorry. I would have drawn a picture, but my equipment needs to be repaired. 
bc63a6813dfb59b1f16a114426854e3f.png

Nanite / Liquid themed "Stalker" frame. This would also make a cool sentient enemy, and be an absolute nightmare to code and make models for.

It would have a counter similar to Nidus, where it builds more of itself by absorbing dead enemies. This is it's source of "energy", and is also used up when it takes damage. It would regenerate to a set amount, but would need to absorb bodies to get higher than that, up to a set limit. Beyond that it has infinite wall latch as a passive.

First ability is to shift between forms - Amorphous, offense, and defense. 1st form is a puddle that absorbs bodies on contact, is invisible to unalerted enemies, and automatically wall runs on surfaces. You can leap from surface to surface but can't actually jump. Hitting enemies while jumping would knock them over and alert them. The offensive and defensive forms would shift to have much higher armor, but also be slightly slower and look more like regular frames.

Second ability also depends on form  - In the amorphous form, it activates an extremely powerful sniper mode, draining energy on a per shot basis and acts as an exalted weapon. In offensive mode, usage would turn the frames arm into a large claw / spike, impaling the enemy you are targeting, doing finisher damage and restoring life / health, absorbing them if it kills them. In defensive form, it would set up a small barricade that would lower incoming damage similar to the Moa's stasis field ability and infect / drain enemy units that pass through it, also absorbing them if it kills them.

The third ability would be a radial infect - launches fragments of itself at all enemies within range. Minor enemies are automatically killed and turned, while major enemies below a certain % health are slowly taken over and become friendly units, similar to nekros' shade ability. These enemies immediately drop their loot / experience and die upon entering a nullifier field.

The fourth ability creates a zone similar to Nidus, where all allies within are healed continuously and immune to status effects, while enemies entering are slowly dissolved and absorbed if killed.

Frankly I dont have any hopes for this, as Im well aware of how you and the "Design Council" operate.
But sure, not like I dont have enough designs already lying around.

Theme: Space Sights

Swirling galaxies containing unimaginably many solar systems,
Nebulas so vast we cant even comprehend their size, but still apreaciate their beauty,
Blazars shining brighter than any Star,
and the dangers we fear just beyond our grasp

So not sure, after reading most the comments, If this has been postulated, but for years I have been thinking of this.

Instead of adding a frame based on old tech, what if we were to get a captured Zanuka prototype, and build an entirely new warframe based of this amalgamation of warframe abilities and corpus tech. Something that could walk around like a warframe and then use an ability to transform into the Zanuka dog would be both an interesting and a new thing altogether.

It could use existing mechanics, but in an entirely new way, Making the frame feel fresh while doing things that wouldn't be wildly unexpected.

I also really like the idea of taking back the Zanuka from AladV and using it against him to show him the folly of his ways!

If I had to suggest one theme, I guess it'd have to be something unpredictable... yet new.

Something like an Arch Angel warframe with Light Manipulation theme. Defender of the Light of Hope or something like that lol.

As for where they would come from, maybe preventing external sources from attempting to use the sun as a large core for power instead of Solar energy. We can see how big Grineer/Corpus can make their machines, would it be too much of a stretch to say they have the materials to cover the sun in some generator that sucks the remaining duration out of it and scout for a new system?

Seeing a bunch of good suggestions out there so not gunna be feelin too bad on not getting a suggestion in.

A Warframe trapped in the dark matter of space, unable to retain a shape, waiting on someone, with good or bad intentions to give them a physical form. This Warframe with a given form can manipulate strange matter and the quarks within nuetron stars. 

For reference on what the Warframe is based off of, here is a video (or look on youtube for The Most Dangerous Stuff in the Universe-Strange Stars Explained) which also allows for many ability ideas and shows just how powerful this Warframe can be:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p_8yK2kmxoo&feature=youtu.be

I have a photo and stuff but I have no idea how the heck I'm supposed to show it, it took like 2 hours so now I am frustrated please tell me I can send it without it saying it wont let me, I can't copy and paste the name of the file into the thing prob because it doesn't copy correctly. But anyway I have a character named Nolo, he is like a robot with tentacles in his head and electricity on top of his head (pretty cool right? No? Well see the drawing maybe you'll change your mind.) He has a pretty cool arm that can be moved around by the Warframe, and I thought maybe it could be like a melee and a long-ranged weapon. It could maybe also be used on any Warframe, that might be too powerful but I really want to try and see how many people would use it (If it came out.). He also has a sword (call it whatever you want if you use this guy) that can have an ability that smashes into the ground and kills all the enimies around the Warframe (it could have a long cool down because it's powerful) and it could be used by any Warframe I hope. And the arm that I talked about a while back, maybe it could also turn itself into a drill, and it could stab into enemies and damage them about 50 percent (again a cool down could be a little long but not as long). He could also have the arm  (BTW it's called Nolo's Arch Arm) turn into a laser gun that shoots a laser (I might be going too far but if you want you can add these things in as a upgrade or something). Also Nolo could have an ability that has a tentacle cannon come out his head and shoot then with tentacles and lowers their health (by however much you want). And his Arch Arm could also shoot a stun laser that stuns an enemy for at least 5 or 10 second. I think that's all I got, oh and thanks for reading all of that, I have a lot of stuff on this character so, please tell me you'll add it it would make me very thank-full! Please and thank you bye!

On 2020-03-06 at 12:54 PM, D.G.N.27 said:

I do not know if somebody else has this idea.

But a "Rifleman" Theme warframe, focused on primary weapons!

Might not be as crazy as other themes, but we already have both melee and secondary themed warframes, and I always wanted a Rifleman Warframe

I've already posted a different idea, but I was thinking about a Mesa-like Rifleman and found DGN27's post! This is a great idea. Another western-themed frame, but Primary focused, and with a dual-wield exalted version of the Sybaris lever-action rifle. Naturally it's gotta have this animation...

tumblr_oe72ow3zV81sfm1uco1_400.gifv

In honor of or fallen(and probably revived) competitor... i would like a Javelin "like" frame:

Based on heavy weapons, AOE armaments, and boosters/rockets to move. Something like twin supra vandal like gatling guns(probably on the arms), shoulder mounted lock on micro missile launcher(much like the cyanex but a lot more!), self-centred nuclear explosion(hulking down like an artillery cannon then exploding like a self destruct whit out the death) and wrist/back/arms and legs mounted rockets, not for a bullet jump, but for a rocket jump!.

Make it a female warframe and that would be my new main, insta buy, heck... i would even pay to have it made XD.

Archived