Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Portal Frame...think》Bugs Bunny with his pocket rabbit hole...can hide in an inter-dimensional space to regain health. Throw a portal out=swallow an enemy. Can use Portal Shield (swallow enemy fire, reverse it to damage enemies) Portal Gun (ports enemy "away"...you decide where) Frame looks futuristic, in a terrifying way. 😉

Asteria: The Corpus Tech Assassin

Back Story: Asteria and her operator where discovered in a destoryed old war ship floating in space by the corpus. After releasing her from stasis Nef Anyo discovered that she has amnesia, so instead of killing her Nef decided to control her and use her as his own personal assassin.

Story: while in the index you notice a "unique" opponent, after completing the mission ordis informs you that it detected a tenno lifeform on the oposite team. You then do a spy mission to uncover information about this mysterious opponent, which informs the tenno of Asteria's orogin's and how Nef is controling her. Following this the tenno attempts to lure Asteria to the old war ship in hopes of breaking Nef's control over her and restoring her memory. After defeating Asteria and sucessfully restoring her memory Nef appears to fight the tenno. Following his defeat with the assistance of Asteria, she informs the tenno of the imminent sentient threat.

Aesthetic: I envision Asteria as a corpus themed assassin something similar to the mesa corpa tennogen skin by FrellingHazmot

Ability Overview: I know this is not the stage to mention ability specifics but i thought an overview of her kit would help conceptualise her tech assassin theme. Asteria has 2 modes controlled by her 1, in her first mode she is focused around stealth with invisibility and critical damage boosting abilities, in her second form she is focused around defensive and explosive abilities. Visually these would be tech based something like crysis' nanosuit.

A broken frame that uses tech or parts from whatever hes facing to repair/mod itself. Situational passives and ability modifiers with a visual representation of key parts that get bolstered in as it kills enemies of a faction.

Body snatcher warframe, stealing a enemies body sounds found and also would be a cool stealth aspect.

the body snatcher would deal with stealing enemies' bodies, equipment and buffs. While it's in a enemies body, the enemies health, and shields would be the warframe's shields, which would work great with the new shield gating for players. If done correctly this warframe would add a new array of gameplay and fun.

Backstory:
The body snatcher is a mutation from the nyx strand of warframes, this mutation allows it to fully take over a enemies while limiting it to one enemy at a time

I think a gas themed warframe would be cool. It would be a male warframe with a name like Smog or something similar. For appearance he would be a normal build not fat or too skinny. I would like parts of him to droop and look like he is kind of oozing in a way. Possible areas could be on his face, torso and upper legs. Colors would be a mixture of green like a dull and bright shades. Any good combination to really make him look noxious.    

Might as well throw my hat into the ring, I think a frame that focuses on the orokin would be cool, like their roman aesthetic, I'm thinking a CC/Support caster-type. maybe a buff-type support who has good buffs but also doesn't have the best health, idk, overall the roman orokin theme would be sick, kind of like the poor folk who were a thing during the orokin empire and the prime would be more the rich end

How about the warframe of Dread Zero  

covered in tattered robes and a hood he has been scared by the void and now roams the system looking for a foe that could withstand his powers that are all pure unfaltering destructive power formed from anything. Even the voids energy 

visually he would look tall with robes down to the feet from a large cape,menacing body language and have claw like hands with a body made for pure destruction while all attacks and movements would look more corrupt then the other frames

as for attacks they are all pure one shot overkill’s 

The debt-slaves of Orb Vallis begin to find an unusual fibrous material jamming up the machinery. Nef Anyo and his cronies feel like this is just an excuse for a slowing of work and order all the fibrous material stripped from any machinery and discarded so production can resume. As the discarded material piles up, Rude Zuud notices it reacting strangely when exposed to different energy fields. She begins experimenting with the fibers and finds them to be a type of Sentient nano-tech. The Chatter and Zuud work together with the operator to recreate the blueprints for an ancient Orokin Warframe that was so dangerous, the Orokin tried to destroy the only prototype, but only manage to scatter the Nanites across the Origin System. As the operator begins to put the pieces together with Zuud's help, it becomes clear the Nanites have infected Zuud, and the only way to save her life, is to finish the build, and then the operator will be able to control the Nanite Warframe, known as Swarm

Swarm's Abilities will include.
Passive: Armor Increases with each hit taken, converting the energy of the damage into more nanites, armor is consumed as nanites are burned for energy to power abilities.

First ability: minus a small to moderate percentage of armor, Increase melee attack speed and damage for a duration

Second Ability: minus a moderate percentage of armor, sends out a cloud of nanites to infect nearby machinery and organics. Any unmanned turrets will begin defending the warframe, weapons may spectacularly misfire, and the nanites will do damage over time to any organics in the field.

Third ability: minus a large percentage of armor, encase a fallen ally with nanites, fully reviving them with a temporary bonus to armor, may be done at range.

Ultimate Ability: Sacrifice %100 of armor, when at or near maximum,  to send out the nanites in a single brutal assault, with only one command, consume everything they touch, and replicate, for each enemy destroyed, the effect will duplicate in a shorter range/duration.

Seraph(rame), a frame based on the general seraphim style- 7 wings, 3 "faces," etc, would be super badass. Could be a kind of anti-nekros, wherein its abilities are somewhat similar but altogether different. The design could also include an overall robed and horned look.

Passive: Divinity- Grants all nearby allies a small chance to accidentally cast Penitence when damaging an enemy. (Chance only applies once per enemy, per ally.)

1st ability: Penitence- Warframe rends the "soul" (a likeness of an enemy in the frame's energy color). When contact is made, the soul combusts and both heals the frame, and damages the enemy. If the damage kills an enemy affected by Penance, the soul remains and buffs the frame.

2nd ability: Repentance- Nearby enemies are highlighted and stripped of defenses. If killed by Penitence, they yield energy.

3rd ability: Guidance- After casting Penitence, instead of collecting the soul cast guidance on it to direct it to a position. The enemy will then move to said position and reclaim what was lost, even if it leads to their doom. (does not work on boss enemies)

4th ability: Invictus- Unleashes all bound souls and unfurls wings to full span, which ignites, blinds and terrifies all nearby enemies. All souls bound by Repentance are transformed into energy which seeks out and damages enemies affected by Invictus. Damage is multiplied by number of souls.

A floral based frame encasing the beauty of Earth's Flora as well as it's strength. Every Rose has it's thorns and this frame shows that even the most beautiful of flowers can hide some sharp thorns. Design based on various types of flowers, and abilities based around how plants defend themselves (like toxic pollen) aswell as the darker side including poisonous or carnivorous species of plants. Crafting could include scans of plants from the star map giving another reason to scan all the beautiful foliage DE too the time design! 

Hi. Sorry if it was brought up already and i missed it, but....   

If we already have suggested abilities for our Warframe design, do we submit them with the design, or do we have to wait until the ability phase? I know personally the abilities dictate the design, and I would like people to at least see my original vision.

Theme: Space, think comets and shooting stars. Become space itself, a siluette of stars planets and the milky way compacted into the power of a warframe.

The kind of moves to help get a better idea:

-Zero Gravity, slowing enemies and speeding up allies

-Astroid Belt, spins around allies and yourself like Saturns rings splitting off to cause puncher damage to enemies who get to close

-Comet Fall, the sky fills with comets that plummet to the ground killing enemies on impact

-Shooting Star, spread stars thought the area that, when shot, shoot aross into the closest enemy causing it to explode 

How about a bodyguard/guardian themed warframe.

Basically it would be a tank whose main power(passive or ability) would be to draw enemy fire away from defense targets, teammates, and companions (sentinels/kubrows/syndicate operatives). You could think of it like a tank from world of Warcraft and how they can aggro enemies. This frame would need to be within a certain range from what you want to protect for it to work along with enemies needing to be within line of sight of both you and the aforementioned target.

This frame would be larger/bulkier than most warframes. I'm thinking like a cross between atlas/chroma prime and Grendel.

Invertebrate themed warframes! 

Example: Cyriopagopus lividus or the Old World Cobalt Blue Tarantulawcs3opy436gz.jpg

Cool species not a lot of people are aware of. Also has a lot of open opportunities for abilities based on natural behavior. These guys do not play around, nor should you. I think they can make a dangerous and lethal looking warframe. They’re fast, can be aggressive, and definitely look beautiful while being it.

i had an idea of what these guys could look like. I especially like the idea of the visibility of their legs, can be purely for aesthetic or can also be an added ability for them. Again, lots of options. 

it’d be cool if their armor Details look like webs or something intricate like that, similar to the burrows they make in the wild. They also can “kick” hairs, which to a regular person will cause irritation. Worst case is a bite from them, based from reports, lasts for hours OR DAYS. Can also cause heart palpitations, or so I’ve read. And really worst case scenario, you’re allergic to their venom. Their venom is generally used specifically to their prey, but like anything else like them, an allergic reaction would be bad for you lol.

i just think they’re neat

rough_sketch_warframe_idea_by_drachenq_d

A "STEEL" warframe I call "Alloy"...able to deal impact, puncture, and slash damage using abilities. As a "metal manipulator" warframe he can change the metal proper of his weapons and himself to deal any of those three damage types. As well as being resistant to those types. Looks would be a liquid metal or nano metal material. Passive would be all projectiles and beams have a high chance to be reflected back with increased damage. 

Archived