Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I was thinking about something like a Spellbreaker Frame. I'll flesh the idea out a bit below.

- Carries around a device of sorts that makes him incapable of gaining Buffs/Debuffs. Instead he stores all Debuffs/Buffs that effect him and uses them to Empower his other abilities. He can also Cleanse allies and enemies and store their Debuffs for future use.

- Adapts to enemy attacks making him more resistant the more damage he takes from specific enemy types (example: taking damage from a Grineer Heavy Gunner would make him take less damage from Grineer Heavy Gunners.) 

- Carries around an EMP device capable of stunning enemies and disabling things such as Nullifiers, Blunts, MOA Stomps (essentially anything that is an enemy "Ability").

Honestly think of like the Batman of Warframe. Someone who isn't a huge fan of Spells/Abilities and instead uses devices and adapts to the enemies he is fighting to defeat them.

strongly i notice the lack of warframes suited for a tank and bruiser gameplay. There are warframes that can engage some thet sustain but ive never seen one that can engage and supprt. The main theme im thinking about is similar to the bastion theme first posted at the bottom of this thread. I want a warframe that is gracious like a saviour yet brutal and fierce as another.

pt.1

Lore: “Tenno do you remember the old war?”-Ordis 

Long ago before the beginning of the old war warframes were being developed and designed to take out the adaptable sentient threat. There were many failures but along the way newer stronger warframes were developed. Ivara the huntress was renowned for her adaptability against the emerald light an Orokin weapon used to secretly test Ivara. After the Success of Ivara other warframes began their long line of heroic deeds like the day Gauss was declared as the saint of Altra or, Altlas singlehandedly destroying the unrelenting meteor on the way to ending the Orokin. Many more soon followed the path of remembrance and favor whilst thousands of others were forgotten and Shunned as a disgrace to the Orokin but, Dulatem was an exception. The poor unfortunate warframe was put into an even more dangerous test, a battle against a sentient. Dulatem at first, struggled, slash for slash Dulatem desperately tried to fight back but realized what the test was about. Dulatem then took his sword and deliberately broke open an Orokin energy cell filled with the poison of sentients, void energy. Dulatem then absorbed the energy. Naturally this would be extremely dangerous to the operators controlling them as the stomatics would create a transference overload. Although this was a risk Dulatem sacrificed the stability of his stomatics and struck down the sentients one by one. Any of the Orokin watching this test were either Gleeful or terrified. The capabilities of this Warframe changed their basis on what adaptability really meant but, for others this spelled disaster. Dulatem gained a split personality completely independent to the will of the operator. Displeased the Orokin decided to destroy the Warframe in fear of uprising. Dulatem called to the Orokin who were going to end Dulatem. Then Dulatem did the impossible, whilst being deconstructed through the use of incineration Dulatem adapted and wreathes his body within the smoke thoroughly Extinguishing nearby flames. Using the last of his energy Dulatem escaped to the scrap piles barely functioning until the Lotus and her Tenno finally discover Dulatem thousands of years later. 
pt.2
“Now we fight the war on two fronts the war without and the war within”-Lotus

Once the Tenno recovered and repaired Dulatem he immediately escapes to return to his last commands (destroy all sentients). Escaping the Unums tower on Cetus Dulatem escapes into the night to destroy the remaining eidolon sentients that wander the Great Plains. Soon enough the Tenno realize the disappearance and go searching into the night. Suddenly a bright flash of light scorches the night sky and an Eidolon is found dead at his feet. Dulatem then faces the Orokin tower and three thoughts suddenly appeared 

1. “Shine” brightly as a myth and legend and continue to hunt eidolons

2. Become betwixt “light and darkness” and serve the Tenno like how he once did to the Orokin 

3. Return to his “dark” shattered past and wander in search for his Orokin masters

Just as Dulatem disappears forever into the night he sees the Tenno and then his second self then realizes the Tenno has one thing, Compassion. Dulatem then realizes that he has found balance to his corrupted dark past and becomes in perfect balance of “light and darkness” and in one final burst of light Dulatem finally achieves “Duality”

-end

the theme: Light and dark "name:Dulatem"

what im going for here is a warframe that can up the ante by bolstering them selves to defend as one form and change to a relentless form. Thus leading to my next point, their appearences 

Visuals: This warframe will have a faint glow that envelops them when defensive but then change to a shatter then dissipate when they hunt. When the warframe changes between two forms they physically change in appearence. First as a defensive form they appear sleek and enduring with protruding pauldrons and leggings but, as they shift to their inner demon side the faint glow then turns into long wraith like strips of cloth. the head will have a noticeable change as a closed helmet exposes a fierce scarred one eyed appearence. the once sleek streamlined warframe then becomes enveloped in spikes near the leggings and pauldrons and the hands and feet grow talons and claws. you could say that this warframe is just an altered equinox but i would beg to differ...

Abilities:(i know abilities will not be reviewed but please consider these abilities to enhance the themes of demons and saints)

passive: rolling will change your warframe's appearance and abilities

Demon: 10% increase to attack speed and sprint -10% armor & accuracy +1 life steal

Saint: 10% increase to defense and gain 1/2/3 energy per 10/20/30 damage received -5%sprint speed/ reload-10%attack speed

ability 1 "serve/sever"

saint form: dash forward gaining 10% more armor for 10/s and dashing directly to allies will intercept projectiles with a shield lasting 1/s instead granting you and the ally 20% damage reduction and 10% armor

demon form: lunge forward while extending spikes on the arms to deal 100/200/400 slash damage and when aiming at the ground from the air slam down in a 0.5m strike (adding an additional 10 slash damage per 5m traveled) applying savage true damage 200/600/950(executions through this method causes Dulatem to go on a 2/s cooldown to prevent spamming)(aerial sever will go on a 8/s cooldown if it did not kill)

ability 2 "batter/bastion"

saint form: a sheild 4x2/5x3/6x4 meters long is held in front of the warframe for 2/3/4 seconds to block all incoming damage from attacks and converts 25%/35%/50% percent damage recived into oversheilds if health is full or  1/2 of the damage is changed into healing when health is damaged(can be used while dashing to an ally to enhance multiplier by an additional 10%)

demon form: gain10% movement speed 20% increased attack speed for 5 energy/s while "sever" changes to "evicerate" evicerate: charge the ability to expand a spherical range that causes Dulatem to strike each enemy in range for 10/20/40 true damage per tick(3 energy/s), once fully expanded the area will remain untill dulatem runs out of energy or disables the skill(unless the skill is used in the air making dulatem slam the ground with a normal "sever" strike)

ability 3 "rouse/ruse"

saint form: disables any debuff and enhances Dulatem and nearby allies with 25/45/65% damage reduction

demon form: takes on an even deadlier appearance enhancing Dulatem's passives positive and negative effects by 1.5x drains 5 energy 2 health a second (adds and additional +3 life steal) while ruse is active the range of eviserate increases by 25% and deals an additional 5 slash damage per second with 20% proc

ability 4 "Duality"

"dark and light, happiness and sadness, calmness and anger"

Dulatem achieves perfect balance and negates negative effects of his passive and changing all of Dulatems skills (costs15 energy/s)

serve/sever now changes to sanctify: the Dulatem and party gain increased armor/attack damage by 5/7.5/10% 2 energy/s

batter/bastion now changes to "Miseratio and Odium": the siganture exhalted weapons of Dulatem a lance and sheild

Mirseratio has a 100 degree blocking radius with 5% reflect chance and Odium's stance uses many quick slashes and heavy final thrusts in its combos 5 energy/s

rouse and rouse now changes to "Ascendence" wings sprout on Dulatems back allowing for 3D movement (similar to Hyldryns 4th ability) these wings change miserato and odium into a archmele eske exhalted dual great sword "Anima&Duellum" that sweeps sending larger slower heavier exhalted waves of damage 2 energy/s(without odium and miserato Dulatem will use their primary and secondary)

ok those are all the abilities and details i have came up with so far and i do know that some may be powerful and albeit "broken" but i find that DE should use this as a scaffold for Dulatems abilities here's some reasons why i incorporated the ideas of his abilities

serve and sever: this ability acts as a utility skill that interacts with other warframes rather then just applying a common aoe damage resistance buff but, instead it gives Dulatem the feeling of protection and actuall engagement with your allies compared to just pressing a key for an ability. it makes you feel like a gaurdian leapung into the fray protecting your allies. The ability sever utilises dashes and slams to really give the feel of a wild monster attacking not just a warframe. it utilises the rarely used true damage feature which in my case should be used more as a tool rather then using ashes shuriken storm over and over. when you think about true damage it would naturaly involve tearing at the enemies most vulnerable spots thus making a perfect addition the the demonic monster like side of Dulatem

abilities 2&3 ("rouse/ruse""batter bastion") these abilities i feel are very important in the development in how Dulatem works, as a defemsive warframe it gives him the rare ability to heal warframes (the only others being nidus,trinity,oberon,etc) and eviscerate makes Dulatem go into a frenzy in an area making him mach the theme of demons and rabid monsters more so. in particular i find ruse as my favorite of appearence changes (besides Duality) because it makes Dulatem go off the deep end fully morphing into a beast rather then warframe. the ability overall is a simple one by draining health and energy your passive gets enhanced and this gives a slight boost to eviscerate

ability 4 ("Duality") now i know this is alot to ask of DE making a warframe with a complete set of 4 forms and 3 sets of abilities but this is what makes Dulatem the iconic split sided warframe he is. View it like this, a warframe constantly lost in disarray and balance utilises the ugly and beutiful to take over his foes but, as scarred as Dulatem is from not being put through the deep sleep. Dulatem figures out how to trancend the unbalance at the cost of draining so much energy. dosent that sound appealing to you? it is a warframe with a deep history and lore that effects the very being of its skills even touching the pathways of warframe such as choosing the path of sun,neutral, or moon. the abilities of the "Dualty" arent to powerful as two involve basic exhalted weapons and the third one involves using a passive buff not to mention as powerful as "Duality" is each ability continues to stack up more and more energy per second as he uses them meaning he cant remain in "Duality" for extended periods of time making the ability short lived.

Please DE i would greatly appreciate this idea being approved(and sorry for the massive warframe-codex sized text...)

(im typing this really quickly so you'll notice ALOT of typos)

(the skill names are correct though)

https://awesomehydro.tumblr.com/(take this website to view my (very very bad) concept art of Dulatem)

(if any of this isn’t possible pls make some kinda blade dancer Warframe)

Fear made flesh. A living nightmare stalks the corridors of, a now derelict, corpus warship. The few survivors that remain babble senselessly as they cower in the "safety" of the bridge. The sound of claws raking against the bulkhead shakes the crew into silence. A monstrous shadow bursts through the door as screams fade to nothing. What nightmares plague you, Tenno?

1 minute ago, Atlas-Maw said:

Fear made flesh. A living nightmare stalks the corridors of, a now derelict, corpus warship. The few survivors that remain babble senselessly as they cower in the "safety" of the bridge. The sound of claws raking against the bulkhead shakes the crew into silence. A monstrous shadow bursts through the door as screams fade to nothing. What nightmares plague you, Tenno?

we call him Lucifer

I want a Warframe that directly plays with the downed mechanic. It wouldn’t be a master of death but instead it’d be a frame who refuses to die easily, a frame that loves life so much that it’d claw, rip, and steal the life straight from enemies if that’s what it takes to keep on living. Essentially, I want a desperate frame.

I would also like it to wear a mask. The mask should be unnerving, almost playful but definitely creepy — off-putting. So majora’s mask vibes but Orokin styled. Once it’s downed, the mask should break to reveal the total desperation inside.

While equinox can easily shift forms just with her 1 and baruuk can enter his rage mode by wearing down his restraint, this frame would shift forms by facing death (being downed). While downed, energy will be drained, if you’re still dead by the time you run out of energy, you actually die and must use one of your revives. Gaining energy shouldn’t be possible in this frame’s unique downed state.

While alive, this frame’s abilities could be tailored around recovering from death, avoiding another death, and having a plan for when death knocks at its door next time. While downed, the abilities would be centered around putting the mask back together and getting back to the world of the living (reviving yourself, though this shouldn’t be as easy at toggling an ability on or off).

The longer you survive, the stronger you’ll be once you’re finally downed - the better the chances are that you’ll manage to revive yourself.

Also, if anyone has seen the remake of suspiria, that’s the level of duality I’m interested in. One moment, this frame is ignorantly living its best life, the next moment, its once-innocent actions become violent and torturous. If I’m totally honest, having unnatural looking animations inspired by parts of the suspiria dance scenes would be wicked cool; sign me up for those. If you don’t know what I mean, check it out on YouTube or something!

Last thing, I’m picturing this frame being able to run and bullet dash as normal while downed. Being stuck to the floor doesn’t sound like fun gameplay.

a 16-19 century line soldier theme warframe would be great, complete with a signature musket/jezzail primary, a military sabre that is distinct from nami/scila, or perhaps an entrenching tool that uses a machete stance.

its look can incorporate themes from many different soldiers from those times, from european big hat-trenchcoat-heavy boots , to turkish jannisary to caucaus mountain warriors or perhaps even cossacks with their topknots and steppe clothes. it could also be the first warframe to feature big platform boots to offset all the stickfeet frames weve seen recently

as a soldier, its story can follow themes of duty and sacrifice, following orders or disobeying them, killing innocents for the orokin and ultimately defecting

as for abilities, at least one could be something akin to spawning multiple clones to form a firing line, akin to mirages illusions but more temporary.

Just now, (NSW)HydroBlade said:

just wondering have any of you read my dulatem warframe idea? i would like some feed back on it

great idea, a half angel half demon is something that I would love to see in warframe, you have a good imagination, I'd like to see more

Мраморный фрейм "Марко"

Пассивная способность: при ударе по земле даёт баф на увеличение брони саюзьником на 40% нельзя улучшить вероятность выпадения способности 20% время действия 4 секунды.

Способность 1: даёт усиление урона и защиту 

Способность 2: Марко создаёт мраморный куб защищающий все внутри 

Способность 3: создаёт мраморного стража которой будет сражаться в ближнем бою.

Способность 4: Делает сильный удар по земле заковывающий врагов в мрамор даёт им ослабление на 30% и усиление саюзьником на 20% радиус 20м

"Марко"

Скорость бега 1.0

Здоровье 100

Броня 250

Энергия 200

Надеюсь будет мой фрэйм (´⊙ω⊙`)→

Ok, so, it's time to try to put warframe Ive been dreaming of for ages:

A Gunslinger frame

I know, that Mesa is kinda "gunslinger" in this game, but, tbh, she dosen't feel like one, she is more like sharpshooter - she uses her pistols and never miss, and she just use her abilities to enhance her damage output, not actual guns.

Theme of this frame, that he uses weapons for all of his abilities.

I know, that this one is not about abilities, but without example it would be hard to explain, what Im trying to implement, so, I have a simple version of frame, and complicated one.

Simple:

On his first gunslinger draws his double swords (or can be blades in his arms) and spins like Leonardo from 90s console TMNT games

On his second gunslinger draws his uzis to make few quickshots to nearby enemies (like mini Mesas 4)

On third gunslinger draws his bazooka (or could be mounted-in-shoulder missile launcher), to shoot a volley of homing missiles

And for his ultimate gunslinger looses his mobility, to set up his super-giant-anime-like-sniper-rifle, that shoots very narrow, but deadly beam of energy, that peneterates everything (yeah, basically, like battacore, but bigger). Like, one shoot per second, with hard recoil of 0.5 secs, but if you skilled enough to shoot in the head, you can one-shot lvl 120 bombard while using bane of infested aura :D

You know, I just like the idea of very rewarding shooting, if you put some effort into it, and, for example, find some mountain on plains of eidolon, set you siper rifle and clear out a camp of grineer dudes without even getting close, feels like a true sniper. Or, you know, most of players using sniper rifles to kill Eidolons, but a lot of new players don't have mods and rivens to make sniper rifles really deadly, so they could use gunslinger to kill eidolons like equals with veteran players

Complicated version:

Spoiler

Basically, its all the same for abilities, but gunslinger trust no other weapon, but his own, so he uses only his build-in guns.

You can tap the ability button to change weapons, and hold it, to use the ability I described above. But, for example, you using uzis rn, and you see the bunch of enemies ahead, so you can hold 3 to shoot the volley from shoulder-mounted-launcher, while still uzing the uzis for shooting.

In this version he has no energy pool, but posses a special meter, like Baruuk or Nidus, called "Ammo" (what else for gunslinger-dude?). He uses "Ammo" for shooting all of his weapons, some uses more, some less, and he always got swords, in case of running out of "Ammo". Both energy and any kind of ammo pick ups restore gunslingers "Ammo"

You may ask, "why he needs to use hiz uzis ability, while he having bazooka, for clearing out crowds?", and I will tell you "cause bazooka uses way more "Ammo" then uzis, and there is no point uzing it against less, then 3 enemies

I know, that this set has no survivability or cc instruments, but this is just and example to show what Im thinking of - Im just in love with exalted weapons idea and really want to see a warframe, fully armed with them from top to the very bottom

2 minutes ago, sAhaRok37 said:

Мраморный фрейм "Марко"

Пассивная способность: при ударе по земле даёт баф на увеличение брони саюзьником на 40% нельзя улучшить вероятность выпадения способности 20% время действия 4 секунды.

Способность 1: даёт усиление урона и защиту 

Способность 2: Марко создаёт мраморный куб защищающий все внутри 

Способность 3: создаёт мраморного стража которой будет сражаться в ближнем бою.

Способность 4: Делает сильный удар по земле заковывающий врагов в мрамор даёт им ослабление на 30% и усиление саюзьником на 20% радиус 20м

"Марко"

Скорость бега 1.0

Здоровье 100

Броня 250

Энергия 200

Надеюсь будет мой фрэйм (´⊙ω⊙`)→

omedetou, ruski

Theme? Plauge Doctor/Alchemist

Description? This Warframe features a unique Core in its chest, made out of void material(liquid?). The Core allows the warframe to mix it with the elements available in the game, on top of the results being implemented into all of its abilities. The Core is not limited to one element however.

Features of the Warframe include: Ripping out its Core and using it as a Explosive projectile(Positive Effects on Warframes and negative effects on enemies) , Injecting the Contents of the Core into Itself and the Surrounding Environment (To acquires buffs from the Core, or to place large amounts of Area of Denial Debuffs), use its Needle-like Knuckles as long range weaponry(Description in next part), and can reduce the effects of Status Procs on itself or nullify them entirely, due to the strange effects of its Core.

Long Detailed description of the Warframe's Looks: As part of the Plague Doctor theme, the Warframe usually has on a long(or short) Duster coat, to hide most of its insides from others, and to prevent its Core from being exposed from all Angles. When underneath the Coat is exposed, the Warframe shows a decayed skeletal look on the inside. In the middle of the Warframe, the Core freely floats in its Chest. Long void-like tubes can be seen coming from the Core, which extend to all parts of the Body: Feet, hands, the Head, which the purpose of these is unknown. If one was to look at its hands, you can see they are covered mostly in the Technocyte material, except the Knuckles. The Kunckles feature the Void tubes connected to them, which allows Needles made of Void energy to be used as either large area-of-denial or long range throwing Needles. Next on to the head and facial features of the Warframe. Due to its decayed look, the Technocyte has made circles on the side of its face, which would represent Goggles of some sort. There would be a small beak-like form on the front of its face, meant to represent a Plauge doctors Mask with a much shorter Beak. While the facial features do look like its actual Face, it is not. Do not attempt to remove these. You are not meant to see what is beneath. Rest of body would show Decaying Technocyte, for unkown reasons which resemble strange footwear and clothing.

The Backstory of this Thing?: During the times that Waframes were being created, an Archimedian was chosen to research the various Elements and how they could help get rid of the Infestation. For unknown reasons, he disappeared during the middle time of the War with the Infestation. Reports from the battlefields has said a new Warframe has been deployed to combat the Infestation. Anything that touched it burned or melted. Any large groups of Infested attempting to charge would be skewered with strange Needles, or to trample over large pools of strange liquids, resulting in random reactions depending on the color of the liquid. Injured Warframes would find themselves healed and empowered by this Warframe's powers.It was truly a strange sight to see how effective this Warframe was against Infested. Unfortunately, after the Betrayal the location of this Warframe was lost. Reports have shown a Railjack heading for Eris, but Railjacks were believed to have been destroyed during the Old War.....

Its name is Azrael

Just now, (NSW)HydroBlade said:

yes i do have lore but id like to hear others ideas too

picture this, a group of warriors known as the celestial corps, angels, saviors, Dulatem the arch-seraph was the mightiest of them all but his protegee Arkhalis wanted him out of the way, quickly rumors spread about him, he was shunned by his former comrades and fell from the heavens, Dulatem now still retains some of his angelic glory, but also his demonic anger

Archived