Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

4 minutes ago, S1LA5 said:

I have the link and am putting it right here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C0-WOQFQ9fFK_mKWfB2F5E0PZLnvuC-gWUoITBBQll4/edit?usp=sharing , anyone else who wants to support please join, I also need someone to translate into Japanese

Thats actually really good and coming along, i dont know how i could be of aid tho. I would love to help but im not a illustrator or someone who can translate. Goodluck tho i hope to read it or see it animated one day

My personal thoughts on an interesting warframe would be one that could manipulate its own biomass, after shredding and assimilating with enemies the warframe could manipulate its body parts into weapons and change into different forms. Maybe as you increase the density from meshing with enemies the more armor you have. We have never seen mimicry used in warframe and a frame that could change its appearance on the fly would be a fun addition, it could work excellently for espionage against the different enemies of the game. Turning into the floor like the t-1000 in terminator 2 to evade lasers or trap enemies and consume them 

Only problem in my eyes is it may be a little OP and it is basically prototype / t-1000

2 minutes ago, (PS4)NewfieOJ said:

Thats actually really good and coming along, i dont know how i could be of aid tho. I would love to help but im not a illustrator or someone who can translate. Goodluck tho i hope to read it or see it animated one day

thank you, you can read as long as you want, supporters who spread word are also good, any friends you have also might be interested, six pages is how much we have

hey hey!
I realized I posted my concept on the wrong forum and am sharing it here now;
I designed a concept over on twitter along with a simple sketch design to go with it~
More information about ability ideas I had for them are in the thread of my tweet,
I hope my idea interests some of you 😄

Morrigan/Nemain

Themes: Crows, War/Chaos

Morrigan is meant to look imposing with bird-like wings, as well as being surrounded by summoned Watchers that protect her while diving at enemies. Her abilities are meant to inflict chaos in combat with the possibility of turning enemies against each other (as her ultimate move).

Possible Backstory:

Morrigan’s original operator loved birds back on planet Earth, and wanted to know of any other avian species elsewhere, especially in the Tau system that would of been her future home. But of course that wasn’t meant to be; instead she was put into Orokin custody and installed on Earth. The planet she loved had become her prison.

In her few moments outside of her pod, she began to bond with crow-like Watchers, and over time she began to assert a psionic influence over them. Using them she rebelled in subtle ways, so that the Orokin would think that rogue birds were wrecking havoc on their base. Soon though, a keeper would figure out the connection between the operator and the birds.

When she emerged from her pod one day, she was presented with something horrific; her beloved watchers, dead and arranged for her to see. Clearly it was to be her punishment for acting out. The operator fell into depression and retreated into herself, unable to obey the Orokin that had become monsters to her.

In the base’s final moments, a winged Frame took flight. What she left behind was a trail of carnage.

9 minutes ago, mingnonf said:

Scathach

Themes: Crows, War/Chaos

Scathach is meant to look imposing with bird-like wings, as well as being surrounded by summoned Watchers that protect her while diving at enemies. Her abilities are meant to inflict chaos in combat with the possibility of turning enemies against each other (as her ultimate move).

Possible Backstory:

Scathach’s original operator loved birds back on planet Earth, and wanted to know of any other avian species elsewhere, especially in the Tau system that would of been her future home. But of course that wasn’t meant to be; instead she was put into Orokin custody and installed on Earth. The planet she loved had become her prison.

In her few moments outside of her pod, she began to bond with crow-like Watchers, and over time she began to assert a psionic influence over them. Using them she rebelled in subtle ways, so that the Orokin would think that rogue birds were wrecking havoc on their base. Soon though, a keeper would figure out the connection between the operator and the birds.

When she emerged from her pod one day, she was presented with something horrific; her beloved watchers, dead and arranged for her to see. Clearly it was to be her punishment for acting out. The operator fell into depression and retreated into herself, unable to obey the Orokin that had become monsters to her.

In the base’s final moments, a winged Frame took flight. What she left behind was a trail of carnage.

I thought that the Morrigan (the crow goddess) was a good name for this warframe, just a suggestion

7 minutes ago, S1LA5 said:

I thought that the Morrigan was a good name for this warframe, just a suggestion

Thanks for that, though it seemed Scathach was a more fitting name. But I’ll add it as a possible alternative.

ETA - well on further searching it turns out I mixed Scathach with Nemain. I guess I’ll edit the name to Morrigan then. I’ll also add Nemain as another suggestion

Was thinking about an Idea of a Beast Tamer/ Merger. I call it Doomatro, "domatore" in Italian mean breaker/ tamer of animals https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/domatore 

I've always wondered why we don't have an alternative to Khora, a Kubrow/Kubrodon Incarnadine whisper. By giving a frame that merges a concept already in game but taking a different approach to how the frame/ companion abilities synergies we maybe be able to add some light to Kubrow/Kubrodon. Since we only see Kavat's on the playing field.

I know DE has been doing some body style and movement motion changes with the recent release of Wisp and Grendel. I was thinking instead of having all adult size frames, why not have a frame the size of the Operator? The smaller size should be considered for quickness, quicker base pace as Ivara Prime/ Loki. Along side with the smaller frame stance to balance this out is having a Kubrodon companion as a synergiezed companion of destruction. The abilities should link both Kubrodon and Doomatro. Also the final ability was be to be able to merge with the small frame to enter into a beast like WereKubrodon aka Werewolf mode (This will make the combined unit a bit larger then Rhino).

Here is a small artwork i came up with on my free time. Red is the frame Energy color.AF6C9C691038F2024B2CED8AAA2BA8C836DB0A21

I would like to see a marksman warframe. One that stuck to the shadows in the Old War, supporting its fellow tenno from tactical positions unknown to the enemy. Sticking to the shadows dulls his weapons' sounds, while distance from his target improves his lethality. His connection to the void bears him an exalted rifle with incendiary ammunition. His bond with his fellow Tenno alerts him while scoped, highlighting enemies in proximity to his allies. 

I always wanted to play a warframe with abilities something like in prototype(game) with global abilities and make some weapons from hands, Spawn abilities to create some helpful moving objects and some look like a Venom and his ability to eat enemies. That darkness warframe should look vary scary, with a black material as his ability coming from his body, through walls and ground. It will be vary nice! 

hello i have been playing warframe since the very beginning i have finely came up with a warframe that will be very popular her name is "Chamel" short for Chameleon

her abilities will be 

change to look like her enemies to fool them 

to take their weapons and use on them selves

to make her enemies look like her

to gather energy and have one huge very colorful explosion 

Hey! I love this game, i am thinking of a warFrame with a heart made of a visible star, THAT enchants melee weapons Around him and can deploy radioactive pools effective to organic. Also to have powerful abilities AOE, like a fighter, a suport and a mage

Warframe: Protcol

Story: in the early day of Orokin technology before the rise of the organic based frame. There was one armour that people used in combat. This specialize armour was know as a war-frame known as Protcol.

Protocol is a tech base driven warframe. Instead of being organic, it parts are more like a living machine and armour. Could be nano-based technology or hard armour machine. 

“I would like to see the next warframe go back to basic, as you see in the first demo of “dark sector” and flesh out the tech based design of the next warframe.”

Jvkilla 🖕

P.s hope the winner get a MEET and GREET with “one” of T people at DE 🐟

Faust

Not all survived the Old War intact, Tenno. In a bid to enact damage control, the Sentients clawed and snagged at everything they could in our solar system as they pulled their battered fleets back towards Tau, including the capture of Faust. Fiercely loyal to the Orokin, to the point apparent brainwashing, Faust was the focus of the Sentients attention as they went about breaking their new charge, even evolving new strains of Sentient to inflict the most grievous wounds and heinous tortures. Years, decades, centuries passed, but Faust did not fade. Augmented skin peeled back from whipcord muscle, infected with rampant technocyte strains, burned and chastised by the void. Their efforts only halted as Erra pulled all his resources into a new conflict with the bios of the Sol System.

This is Faust. The Loyal. The Scourged. He's made a deal with the devil, Tenno, but which one? Free him and find out.

I know we're not at the appearance/ability stage yet but I've always wanted a tortured style of warframe (Valkyr doesn't count, she's more the rage/gladiatorial warframe) with heavy crowd control and debuffs - lithe, bare muscles and covered in rags/scraps of cloth.

For your consideration... 

I’ve always wanted to see a quantum Warframe that was focused on bending space to teleport things. Basically, the ultimate teleporter/portal frame that could teleport themselves, enemies, enemy projectiles, enemy weapons, etc. They could even open up portals to other areas or even other parts of space. Maybe for an ultimate you could teleport in asteroids from outer space or something like that? 

The closest characters to this concept are Nova and Wisp but they don’t go as deep into this specific direction as I would like.

My idea for a backstory would be that the Warframe was sent through some sort of experimental transportation device that malfunctioned, causing the Warframe to be ripped apart and teleported across the galaxy. You would have to find fragments of the original Warframe’s parts throughout Proxima space (railjack) in order to replicate it.

Mimesys ~ A copycat Warframe who can make copy of an ability (or two) being used by ally/enemy (including companion,eximus,drone; excluding operator,tech equipment), other powers revolve around managing efficiency/strength of copied ability output. Passive: 5x wall-latch duration for keen observation spot. Cat-themed appearance is optional but sleek tail(s) is obligatory :3 (slowly waggles during wall-latch)

edit: plural tail(s) added xD

yySWGuC_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Ixchel

Based around the The Jaguar Goddess of Midwifery and War, she would be a cat-like appearance with default jaguar spotted patterning.
Alternative skins could include Bastet (Lioness) and
Dawon (Tigress).

Abilities would be based around the idea of war and rebirth.  Some of the more attacking elements should allow for follow up attacks rather than do outright damage itself.
1st ability would be a run on all fours, during which you may knock down enemies you hit, but you may not use any weapons.  This should be a short burst, limited by time.
2nd
ability would be pounce, which has a small radius of effect to knock down enemies, and do damage to the target.

3rd ability would be a tail whip, which grabs hold of enemies and brings them towards you, grounding them down in the process.
4th
ability would be Sacrifice, which removes your shield and half of your health, but instantly picks up any downed allies and their companions/pets within a set radius.

Idea: A Hive-multi-organism Warframe, can split body into 3 parts(Head, Upper Torso, Lower Torso) each can be macro-managed by the player.

Description: A Warframe that is a host to tens or hundreds of organisms, all creating one hive-body. Out of all the insect/infested organisms there are 3 main organisms controlling the body, while the rest are smaller beings(which can be used for abilities). These three main large bodies can disperse, each having its own abilities. They can be macro-managed by the player while having simple controls so it is not too confusing to the players. My idea on how the control will be is listed below.

How it works: The first 3 abilities of this Warframe will be abilities that utilizes the smaller organisms/insect living in the hive body. Either for damage, buffs/debuffs, survivality, CC, etc. The fourth ability is to disperse the warframe body into 3 different organisms. the player then can control each organism at a time selecting them using the first three abilities via the abilities keys(this means they cant use main body abilities in this mode). while one is controlled by the player the other two are controlled by A.I. I realized that there would be a problem to this (like what if one of the bodies died). I thought of a passive that I will describe further in the abilities section. Full body abilities used before dispersing into the 3 organisms may give them special/unique effects.

Each body part has 3 simple(but powerful) actions along with movement, using [left click] [Middle Mouse] and [right click]. Armor rating for each should be the same as when full body so they are not so squish.

My Idea of Abilities:

Passive: Larvae - the warframe accumulates larvae overtime in the mission. these larvae will sacrifice themselves to fix the bodies of the frame when they are down. They stack upto a certain amount of limit. When the frame is down it will automatically absorb 80% of possible maximum larvae to bring itself back up on max health(insta-rez basically). This will diminish larva count by 80% which the player has to accumulate again in the battlefield. When divided into 3 bodies the larvae count for each body diminish only by 1/6 % of the maximum possible count of larvae, giving them more survivability. When there is no more larvae to use, then they are just downed, and need help. There could also be a mechanic that may increase the rate larvae accumulates.

First Ability: Swarm - the warframe summons a swarm of flying insectoid/infested drones(like an ant drone kinda drone) for a certain amount of time, that attacks the enemies around dealing damage and staggers/crowd control (yes it is similar to Titania's Razorwings).BUT when the ability is recasted, 25% of damage dealt by the insect drones goes into the warframe's health(as they bite chunks of flesh off their enemies as food for the hive). Swarm stays active even when the warframe splits into three

Second Ability: Chrysalis - flat organisms covers the warframe's body hardening themselves into a chrysalis, increasing armor by 300% but unable to move, whilst in this state, larvae are consumed at a certain rate. when recasted the chrysalis breaks revealing the warframe, the warframe gains a boost in damage and armor for a duration of time. The more larvae consumed the stronger the warframe is. This effect carries on to the 3 split bodies when the player transform during the duration it is active. Metamorphed warframe/split body parts may have a different look during this form, makes it cooler.

Third Ability: Invasion - sends larvae to the battlefield searching for enemies, they will then latch onto enemies. When said enemies are killed the larvae will devour the bodies, meta-morphing them to soldiers.

Fourth Ability: Division - the warframe splits into 3 seperate bodies, The Head(damage), Thorax(tank), and Abdomen(broodmother). During this mode the warframe cannot use it's normal abilities, instead the first three abilities are replaced by body selection, to switch between the three bodies. each bodies have different types of abilities that are triggered by mouse buttons.

-The Head does the most damage, and can do leaps. The Thorax/Upper Torso is a tank and can fly. The Abdomen is some sort of Broodmother that stays behind shooting ranged projectiles while being able to unleash the Invasion skill.

[P.S -This is really long huh, I had a great fun time making this idea! Not sure if someone already made something similar or not, hopefully not lol. Cant wait for Tennocon and what new things will be revealed!]

Longshot, the gambler. Known for rolling 77 Harrow Systems’ in a row.

The gimmick is every ability rolls damage versus a normal distribution. Ability range does not affect his range, but instead affects the range of the normal distribution, effectively increasing the standard deviation. You can choose how much risk you want to manage.

his/her abilities can then have a chance to hurt  or help himself, unless you want to go an ability power or range route with the chips instead.

Special ability: All range is increased by 10%. Damage falloff slope decreased by 10%. Headshots award a chip.

The chip resource can go many ways, it could even affect the range as described above. I like the idea of a charge move called “all in” where the damage done is related to the number of chips, but the ability has a chance to backlash and lose all chips per person hit. Shield gating makes this move much more manageable.

“Deal em” sends a fan of cards out, but at discrete locations. Potentially giving more locations at higher risk. You also take 2 cards and are granted the elemental resistances of the cards.

“Toss up” throws 2 cards in a direction. They spread wide & random (affected by range). Each card is an element “suit”. Hitting an enemy with the card causes minor damage. If you shoot the card, it explodes for the element. If both explosions overlap, a bigger explosion of the combined element ensues.

there’s a lot of directions you can go with gambling and chips. I like the idea of a syndicate mod called “stacked deck” where your ability color puts specific cards in your deck to make it more reliable.

thank you for listening.

Здрасьте!  Может быть сделать варфрейма на основе отсутствия тела, что вроде лимбо которого нельзя тронуть в разломе но только с упором на захват чужого тела и взаимодействия с союзниками, типо усиление возможно восстановление здоровья, энергии или же усиление способностей  при вселениии в союзника, но без тела он медленно умирает, а для соло игры возможность поддерживать жизнь без тела в моментах как на обороне, когда кончается волна, может что то вроде турели, дабы без тела он не погиб  но без возможности передвижения, а в своей родной форме постоянно теряет здоровье и дабы восстановить здоровье ему нужен сосуд, хотя вообще можно сделать упор на энергию как мод быстрое мышление в место Хп из способностей можно сделать одну на подобие паразит вселение но не подымая тревогу, так сказать добавить чуток разнообразия, сделать его можно в виде дыма или тени (бесплотным) пассивно можно сделать прохождение сквозь объекты и не возможность получать и наносить урон и статусы в том числе. А на счет возникновения можно сослаться на разломы, либо черные дыры 

Dear Dev. team,

I thought of a simpler, warrior and/or blacksmith themed frame. This could provide some insight to the old war from the perspective of a soldier, and the origin of the weapons we currently use. It also can give a hint about the process of creating literal weapons (warframes) out of warriors(dead or alive) how are they not sentient like umbra or stalker.

For Example:

Hephastus: 

The father of tenno arms. Reborn with a steel body, from the fire of his own furnace. In his past life. He used to forge weapons for the tenno. Now, he is one of them, wielding his own deadly creations. With his hammer, capable of devastating destruction and reforging what's beyond repair. 

Thank you for the chance and for your work.

Le 06/03/2020 à 20:43, xX_ReiMar_Xx a dit :

A Hive Warframe.
Warframe that hosts a swarm of bloodthirsty flying swarm insects seeking enemies to feast upon. Idea is for it to have a small colony within Warframe at start and use abilities to attack enemies, consume them and increase colony size (that slowly degrades over time to initial size). Larger colony allows use of other abilities that could expand swarms over battlefield or maybe even turn enemies into proxy Hives. Would be cool if it had wings and could have a unique flutter movement animation like Wisp has (unique movement animations rock, need more of those~).

Hive Queen Warframe seems neat. Minus the wings imho.

A warframe who is a withered relic from the old war, forgotten by time and locked away for being too dagerous to both enemy and ally alike. Possibly unknowingly uncovered by the corpus or the grineer and was once again set apon the system spreading rot and decay wherever he goes.

Archived