Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A warframe based off of the Shijin/Shishin, the guardians of the four cardinal directions that include; Genbu the black tortoise, Seiryu the azure dragon, Byakko the white tiger and Suzaku the vermillion bird. It could be argued whether or not you could include Kouryu the yellow dragon in this for the central direction, because the actual mythology varies from different religions. The names I've pulled for them are just one iteration. Not only would the frame be based off of the four cardinal directions, it would also be elemental themed and gain various enhancements depending on the direction that you're facing when in combat and various synergies mixing skills while facing said directions. An example of this would be the warframe gaining flaming spectral, phoenix like wings, while going south and increasing fire damage being done. 

I'm thinking of a warframe that has a common history with umbra, natah and balas. Another person transformed into a frame by balas and that has been asleep for a very long time, now awoken and seeking revenge on those who betrayed him. For the aspect, a demonic-like one would be good wearing rags that once were a kimono or something like that. For the abilities I can't really come up with things that might not make it broken so I won't say anything.For the name Oni (a Japanese way of saying demon) wouldn't be half bad I think. Hope that my idea may lead to another quest 

Idea come mind when I was hacking my liches and their thralls.

Hacker Theme warframe coz everything can be hackable if you put your mind to it. It could hack nullifiers to steal their bubbles or nullify their nullifier and opportinuty to incorporate the parazon more too

A Cephalon Warframe. Or more like a Dreams/Mind Landscape Warframe

With the Suda adventure we saw the world inside a Cephalon, a subjective virtual world inside the minds of the cephalon. With this warframe, it could be a Warframe that takes that world to reality. The idea is imagination and the materialization of that imagination, more or less like the Green Lantern movie (I know, bad movie. But it's a good example, altrough something so cartoonish doesn't fit with Warframe): create objects, like an attack that creates different energy weapons, summoning creatures like with the Suda hammer, and modification of landscape, where this warframe takes control of a zone and has the ability to summon structures (Like the Simulacrum columns or Atlas walls) or something similar.

An outer-space-based frame would be quite cool, and not something we've really seen before.  I could imagine them having orbiting rings which could look like either planetary orbits or the rings of an orrery, possibly aligning to mimic a Solar Rail.  There's a lot of possibilities for abilities, including gravity, solar-rail-based railgun projectiles, high-speed movement, or the darkness of outer space.

A Warframe I would love to see is one that uses energy for versatility. So using energy for health, shields, and armor. Much like how Gara utilizes glass for both offense and defense, a Warframe based on energy would be able to convert energy to health and vice versa. A master of energy, this Frame is able to wield it in new and unique ways. This Frame developed its abilities due to a failed attempt by corpus engineers to create the ultimate warrior from the void using a captured Limbo. The Frame went out of control and evaded capture then was discovered by Ordis when he detected a faint SOS in the cosmic static. 

CENEKRWI (DRACULA based warframe)😈

(Origin: "cienie krwi" is translated to "shadow blood" where "cienie" means "shadow" and "Krwi" means "blood" )

Base Stats: HP: 4000, Armor: 400

[Shield: NA and Energy:NA (drains health for ability use)]

Passive: Increased Jump distance, Drained Enemy has 25% to turn to infested and attack enemy

LORE: Legend says this warframe was once one of the Greatest warrior who lost his humanity to gain power and protect his race. He became an invincible soldier, an undead worrior who is cursed with an unsatiable need for blood. He claimed the name of Dracula and continued his war in shadows.

When infestation came, the warrior put up a great fight against it. But at the end he also succumbed to its corruption. The Dracula was lost for many era and was considered to be a myth, Untill today.....

Suggested ability:

1. Drain: consume enemy for health (can overcharge health upto 25 %)

2. Batswarm: Bats will surround nearby enemies (toogle ability; activating with drain consumes health of enemy to replinish your)....

{suggested augment: bat surrounds allies and heal them at cost of your health}

3. Mesmerise: converts enemy to ally for given time,

4. Blood whip: New Exalted weapon

I know there is a blood based warframe but it is no vampire.....😝

(PS: A neck biting animation will be highly appriciated for drain; Overcharged health depletes with time)

I want to see a leadership based frame that gives out large aoe buffs and passive auras that enhances nearby frames and companions. 
1 being an armor buff to alleys but passively increases your own armor When active

2 damage buff to allies based on what color energy your frame has like chroma

3 movement speed buff for nearby allies and a personal attack speed buff when activate
4 summons a group of 1-3 Specter style pets that last until killed

A crash test dummy themed warframe. A basic (but sturdy) prototype used to test the capabilities and limits of early warframe designs. The above average physical resistance of this frame means it can still be of use in the battlefield, but it's abilities would be very rudimentary, since it wasn't designed for combat.

Personally feel that a quadruped would be really cool, of course that's not so much a theme is it? So to actually tie a theme to that idea,it could be neat to have a sorta werewolf frame that was the result of the Zanuka project. A techno werewolf of sorts. Could even be a gift from Alad V as a thank you for all the times we have saved or sparred his sorry butt. Though could just be found as result of helping Alad recover data from some old destroyed lab, be a chance to see where they experimented on Valkyr.

A werewolf themed warframe (Weredon (Kubrodon + human)). 

I figured that since hydroid can turn into water, then a warframe can turn into a qualdruped with fur

This warframe also could come with the unique feature of being an exalted weapons only warframe, meaning you cant equip normal weapons on it

Munitions-based Warframe. We have Mesa as a gunslinger and harrow as a headshot hunting priest, but we need "'murica" frame. A focus on just spraying bullets and raining explosives, overwhelming the enemy through sheer firepower.

Conventional weaponry, not laser beams.

Could also fill a niche that has been largely ignored in the game thus far; ammo restoration. Both to himself and to allies.

I had a concept going for a long time but it ended up getting archived, not sure if linking will work.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/853652-warframe-concept-havoc-the-war-engine-w-concept-art/

Personally i'd really like for us to get a true summoner frame, either functioning like a spider queen or an infested "hivemind".

Spider queen could create a brood of spiderlings that would act somewhat independently, while also covering the area in webbing to strengthen herself and the spiders. maybe she could even summon a larger "broodmother" as a secondary source of spiderling generation and web coverage.

Despite being a little less likely (possible Nidus theme overlap), i'd LOVE a frame that works like an infested hivemind, transmuting the corpses of his enemies into twisted, but effective abominations that follow the frame's commands to go from a mindless swarm into an unstoppable flood of bodies, rushing down all that try to contain the spread of the infestation (think something like the Zerg from starcraft mixed with WF's own infested units).

Warframe of silk: Serica

she is a silent, elegant but deadly warframe

1. ability: silk thread = a single thread is thrown sharp as a knive through an enemy, deadling slash damage

2. ability: soft armor = Serica is wrapped up in silk, with damgae the silk is slowly removed

3. ability: slight bonding = Serica can transfer her armor to a team mate 

4. ability: silk storm = Serica creates a field filled with threads. Enemy that walk through stumble and get slash procs

Passiv ability: elegant dance = she can stay longer in air and falls slower

What I would like to have is a gravity-themed warframe. An Orokin plan to salvage sentient tech in order to have a remote-contolled version: a warframe. It could adapt by making small black holes to attack or either cover itself with dark matter to protect itself or fly around. Something that use the environment's gravity to get it's strength. Something that could manifest with ominous, deep power.

Archived