Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

What about a Warframe based on artistic creativity itself? There are plenty of mythological figures that could be used as a base, with a wide variety of possible roles and skill loadouts.

This warframe could use a combination of art inspired skills, Scribe, Painter, pyrotechnique , 3D Modeling?  X3
Skills could involve things like drawing long-lasting energy glyphs or iconography on surfaces which buff allies or harm enemies. Sapping the colour from nearby enemies and making them look like blank sketches, using that stolen power to summon and bring life to drawings. There are lots of options

Hi ! I have a very interesting theme i'm sure most of you'll like it :3

I would love to see a sentient chance based warframe as a jack of all trades or gambler style.

After some thoughts, would be nice with dice or card animations like his 1st ability to throw a normal sharp card or charge it to make it explode. 2nd ability to enherit the sentient ability to adapt to damage as the mod adaptation. 3rd ability to have the gambler side i'd call it "Shuffle" with a cool shuffle card animation or dice to be an AoE random debuff on enemies and random buff on allies in radius with maybe and extra healing or AoE dps. and the MOST FUN part of it the 4th ability which will allow his sentient side and jack of all trades to mimic a random warframe 4th ability and use it as it differs each time, and of course it's up to you to make it more reasonable as to add cooldowns or energy hungry ability or something. 

As for the story, it would be interesting to be linked to one of Salad V latest experiments. Since he is having fun with captures frames and now sentient tech, so it would make sense he captured this frame and tried to merge with it other frames and maybe add some sentient parts and scrambled it a bit and Tadaaa ! A nice Salad V warframe. Would even make a good Quest. 

To be honest, i feel like this would be a very interesting frame to see in game as it won't be boring to play with since it's based on gambling your luck with the abilities and a hell lots of fun for sure ! Of course this is just the theme based submission but i had to include the abilities to make sure the theme is clear. 

Have a great day <3 

I'll throw my 2 cents into the void:

A Warframe designed to not really have Powers, but rather just "Things it can do"

Will probably, by extension of not having powers to rely on, have to revolve around "Doing things" with it's weaponry.

Examples

• Lunaro Frame
    • Passively has a Lunaro-ball in the battlefield, uses abilities to make the ball useful in battle, but only if the player has successfully put the ball in a good position to do so (Putting it in a metaphorical Goal).
      • Ability Example(s): starts a countdown on the ball. Small AOE heal/damage upon timer expiry. Only useful if you can predict where you can shoot/melee/kick the ball to in time. Damage/heal has risk/reward scaling: knocking the ball around more makes it less predictable, but causes it's effects to be more powerful.
  • Trade-offs Frame
    • Has it's 1 through 4 abilties representing Damage, Durability, Speed, and Sustain.  Use an ability to NERF that aspect of the frame, but causes the next ability you use to BUFF that aspect, for as long as the other aspect remains nerfed.
      • Example: Presses 1 key, now does half damage with all weapons. Presses 4 key, now will slowly regen health. Presses 2 key, Halves armor and shields. Presses 3 key, now has buffed Parkour velocity.
      • Potentially room to make these effects semi-random, for example a buff to Durability could be Double Armor OR it could be doubled Shields. Nerfed Speed could be Slower movement-speed OR slower Bullet-jump velocity.
  • Gun Frame
    • Does things like "Double Magazine Size, Triples Reload speed" and "Use entire Magazine in a single trigger-pull, but now have to reload" as it's abilities. Is a particularly Plain-Frame kind of attitude, and thus could be, I dunno, a Tutorial frame that the Player can choose to continue using as a challenge, or something like that.

Unfortunately, I don't care too much about the Aesthetics of the theme. As long as the Playstyle is on point, I'll be happy.

A Warframe that works by damaging itself, using it's own Health and SHIELD to power itself up and his allies, such as temporary invisibility and adding Slash damage to all weapons as it's Ultimate.

Red and Gold in design, with sharp edges and a design straight from the darkest Orokin vaults.

This is The Sacrificial Hunter. This would be Shadis.

(GAS TYPE/SUPPORT TYPE)  Posey has a split personality Rosie and Posey... Rosie is support type healing and buffing are her ideal abilities.... Posey is the complete opposite of rosy she uses gas to spread her plague being the 1st gas War frame..aka the (Plague doctor type frame).

back story: Tav;ar was a merciless orokin scientist that created pathogens and toxins And to test those pathogens he was Gifted the planet sedna. he would release them on villages And he would send in Rosie A warframe specifically designed to cure and record the effects of the toxin so the villagers can be tested on again and again After repeating this process for So long Rosie's personality splits in anguish and Posey was born do toThe anger of the suffering her master caused A once docile Rosie went bezirk and attack her Master With the same plague that he forced her to cure Over and over again So it is said don't hurt the innocence or you might find yourself dealing with Posey instead of rosy

credit for theme: TheDarkVail and Shadow Croconaw

A priest or nun-like warframe that is affected by a "corruption" of some kind that uses "offerings" from enemy kills to use their abilities. Originally I thought along the lines of a Japanese shrine priestess visual with a corrupted arm and a veil made of prayer paper that turned into a halo when enough offerings had been accumulated. Abilities could inflict radiation or corrosive damage to enemies or healing AoE's for allies if the player had enough offerings for the ability. 

I’ve had this idea since Titania came out, although I’m really bummed that mentioning abilities here would do no good. My idea for a frame is magic-based. A witch, but earthly, elemental, and arcane as opposed to, say, the Wicked Witch. When Titania came out I thought they way she was built was very clever, using plant extracts, and the idea came from there. I’d thought of adding kavat DNA codes as well, then Khora came out, so. I suppose a kubrow egg wouldn’t hurt, either? Not that it’ll help, but I envisioned her with a tattered shroud around her head, and her face totally lost to the dark of the shroud. Her name is Hecate.

And because I want to, and anything I submit anywhere never wins, her first ‘Spell’ is called Hex, and is a toggle ability. Since magic always comes at a cost, she must sacrifice health, shield, or energy to cast. Hex’s first toggle is Amnesia. It causes the enemy to fight for Hecate, and while her energy drains, his damage grows. Hecate alone can kill this enemy at any time, which will return the energy sacrificed. Second toggle is Curse, and is radial to Hecate. Enemy weapons may run out of ammo, jam, or fire flowers and butterflies. They may also drop their weapons and/or stumble. Shields will constantly deplete during Curse, but can be replenished by going through falling flowers/butterflies. The third toggle is Charmed Offering. Hecate makes an offering to the Old Ones with her blood (health), and in return drop chance is increased. The more health sacrificed, the higher the chance and rarity. This can either be cast several times, or be held until desired amount is sacrificed. Her second Spell is Glamour, which makes her appear as the enemy faction she casts it on. As long as she doesn’t do anything that a member of that faction wouldn’t do (parkour, using offensive spells, firing alarming weapons), she’ll remain undetected and be able to pass through various securities. Her third Spell is Karma. This Spell uses a very large amount of energy, but can keep Hecate alive while she uses multiple Spells. When her health gets below a certain threshold, her armor start to harden. When her shields go below a certain threshold, her blood volume multiplies, increasing her health, but weakening armor. Enemies who strike Hecate while she’s cast Karma will take a percentage of the damage they deal, and will also receive a small debuff depending on which element of Hecate’s life force they are damaging. Attacking her shields will create splinters that weaken their own armor, attacking her health will cause them to take fire damage. All enemies that were debuffed during Karma have an increased chance of dropping an energy orb. Her fourth Spell is Enjoining.  Hecate calls on the ancestral line of the Old Ones to imbue her with power. She wields an ancient magic staff during this spell. Her movement speed is increased, and she becomes harder to hit. She’s less affected by gravity during falls, and can dash in the air using her staff. Her staff can be used as a hard-hitting melee weapon or a gun, firing searing beams of pure light magic. Using alt-fire will create grenades of light magic that can be launched into the air, into crowds, or onto the floor. Air-fired trajectory will act as a cluster bomb, exploding on impact and then splattering onto enemies and floor. Crowd-fired trajectory gives the grenades a more compact flight path, and acts more like a shockwave. Floor-fired creates a larger pool of molten light and engulfs any enemy going through it. Allies walking through the fire will have status effects removed, and armor strengthened. 

So there. I poured my heart out. Please enjoy. Oh, and her Passive Ability will increase the health, shield, and damage of — ahem— familiar Kavats, by 25%. Hecate also receives a damage reduction by bringing a Kavat.

A frame that drastically enhances the battle-readiness of your

Spoiler

human

form.

I'm picturing a frame whose abilities add some kind of survivability/damage buff to your other form, then you switch out and wreak havoc before your energy drains. Maybe one ability can place the empty frame in an auto-pilot mode (like you know what). 

Paper Warframe with the ghostly aesthetic of the old Japanese folktale of Kuchisake-onna,  Edo Period Geisha, kunoichi, and Ko-naginata worriors.  Its hard to describe without a drawing or telling its abilities so imma just write a story instead. I'll sketch something up and post it at a later date. i hope ya'll like it.  

Deep in Space, a new planet is found by a Tenno, after landing, She can see there was a battle, Grineer are sliced to ribbons, by what seems to be extremely sharp Charms made of glowing paper. After exploring for days, our Tenno, sees no living being among the ancient  architecture, just Grineer, splattered, bisected, eviscerated, and some exsanguinated. The only thing that keeps our tenno going, is a cry. Over the corpses, and in between the still bamboo, from under the silent floor boards, is a faint cry, that's never just out of reach. Our tenno has screamed "hello" countless times, hoping someone besides her echo would answer, but no such luck. After a third day, finally her ships AI reports a high ranking Grineer ship landing, her AI moving onto her location for evacuation, but our Tenno wants answers, she knows somthing is here. 

Warframe armed. Ammo at max Capacity. Landing, preparing for engagement. 

Our Tenno lands, in a blood bath. A Small frame in front of her, drops a heavy-gunner, and cocks its head like a confused animal. Glowing charms rise from the scattered corpses, swirling, making the sounds of bells in a gentle wind. The small creature looks down at the rifle in our Tennos hand, the one she had completely forgot about. The Creature steps back, seemingly growing taller and a Scream erupts from the figure, so loud that it shakes our Tennos shields, and brings her to a knee. Our Tenno looks up to see the figure is gone, stands, and can see nothing. Slowly, one of those glowing charms float into Our Tennos vision, and from directly behind her, she feels breath, and hears the Saddest of whimpers. 

sorry guys, i hope you liked that, Ive had that story for months now. hope it wasnt too long. I know they dont want abilities but I did have some ideas. 

she'd have a armor passive, like, the more charms she can make the more armor she'll have/ the more enemies she kills, the more charms she makes. 

i had a debuff for her 1. she shoots a paper charm and sticks it to a enemy and lowers armor by like 50% ish

her 2 was a pull with a stun

her 3 was a huge aoe with slash and bleed 

and her 4 turned her into a huge Scary banshee who can take out single Tough enemies or focus on bosses to help the team focus on mobs. 

tell me what you think, wish me luck ^_^

Now, I absolutely love that you guys are doing this. So I would also love to reply too! ;)

So the base Idea for the frame would be basically a vampire frame. Now I would love to have this because when revenent came out, I remember the devs comparing him to a vampire. Yet to me, he really isnt anything close to a vampire. So I would love to have a frame that embodies the persona/abilities of a vampire. Something like control over blood (like garuda), or darkness manipulation. Heck, it would be cool if it could just turn into bats and fly around. And because of all of these paths I would imagine how easy it would be to incorporate him (or her...I dont know if frames have genders XD) into the game.

Also you guys already have vampire cats, why not add a matching frame?

P.S-Love your work ;)

Here's my concept

(Story Spoilers Below, Be Warned)

--------------------------------

The Psychopomp Warframe

A ferryman of souls who takes wayward spirits from the land of the living to the land of the dead. Violently.

Story Idea (Obviously subject to changes as the developers wish, this was just the concept in my head):

Even during the war with the Sentients, the Orokin would be engaged in bitter political disputes. Sometimes this bickering would descend into full-on bloodshed, though given their access to Continuity, permanently eliminating an opponent was not possible, since Orokin elites could simply jump into another body.

So one brilliant (and desperate) Orokin got an idea into his head: what if he made a living weapon that could hunt down and eliminate Continuity users?

Enter the "Psychopomp" Warframe. This Warframe, modeled after the mythological archetype of the individual who guides the souls of the dead to the afterlife (like Charon, the Grim Reaper, Anubis, and others), was given the ability to track its targets even after they performed Continuity to get another body. A relentless assassin programmed with an overwhelming hatred of Continuity, this Warframe was created for the express purpose of ensuring those who died did not return. Ever.

Overview:

The "Psychopomp" Warframe would be primarily focused on melee combat, whether it would simply have a lot of potent short-ranged abilities or some kind of Exalted Weapon (A scythe would make sense, given the whole "Grim Reaper" thing).

The Warframe's themes would be death, inevitability, and relentlessness. If I had to describe it in terms of other Warframes, it would combine Harrow's zealotry, Nekros's death theme (though Nekros is about reviving the dead and this Warframe is about making sure the dead stay dead), and Valkyr's aggression.

Im thinking a porcelain doll esque frame, with subtle hints of "body horror" leaking out from right side and progressing to a truly monstrous left side in a gruesome gradient. Think "If Hayden Tenno was a victorian era doll" and taking inspiration from what Nidus is as a whole. 

Our warframes really look like the infestation really popped the hosts like popcorn, and the Orokin scientists molded that into frames that weren't horrid monstrosities. In that regard, I think having a frame that really exemplifies that process mid mutation would look really cool and be a truly unique addition to our waframe arsenal. We have grace, elegance, and strength in our frames to various degree's but imagine a frame that really embodies the corruptive influence of the infestation, in a truly macabre display of tainted perfection.

I'm thinking of a garbage-themed maid frame, whose powers are themed around trash/debris and the disposal and cleaning thereof. Her armor resembles the dress of a stereotypical French maid, but is crudely stitched together from various detritus and broken pieces of other Warframes. She could use debris as a shield, repair other frames using scrap, or roll enemies into a ball and kick them away. She could also directly use the corpses, rubble, etc. generated during battle as a resource.

Most importantly, she would be a literal trash waifu.

Well apparently my idea was removed from the post although it was posted between MrGrimm150 and (PS4) ShaggyisCool. So are ideas removed from the thread if DE don't like them?

For reference, I posted the idea of using the myths like Dracula, Frankenstein and Werewolf with the name of Deimos.

Fenrir- the pack hunter

passive: buff for self and all kubro allies. initial thoughts being reduced revive time on kubros as well as gaining the same effects as Fenrir's spectral wolfs during ability casts.

1- call of the packFenrir summons up to 3 spectral wolfs. Spectral wolfs attack enemies dealing cold damage on each hit. by targeting an ally, Fenrir bonds a wolf to an ally. bonded spectral wolfs will pick up items for both Fenrir and it's bonded ally.

2- howl: Fenrir howls, damaging enemies in an AOE and staggering near by enemies, giving Fenrir a shield based on the number of enemies damaged by the howl. Spectral wolfs will also howl, with reduced damage, AOE and gain a small shield for themselves.

3- Wolf charge: Fenrir picks a target and dashes through them, dealing cold damage as he passes through. Spectral wolfs will also dash through the closest enemy to them, dealing reduced damage. Fenrir can charge the abiltiy to have all available wofls charge Fenrir's target.

4- Wolf form: Fenrir changes into his wolf form, draining energy per second but gaining increased movement speed, armor, life steal and bonus cold damage. in this form, Fenrir can only melee attack and cast abilities but gains the effects from his currently equipped melee weapon mods. Fenrir's spectral wolfs also gain a fraction of Fenrir's bonus movement speed, armor and cold damage for the duration.

FenrirRoughDraft.png

Theme Summary: High Mobility Plasma Shielded Angel Knight – Arel

[For those that love 80's anime names]

Lore:

Spoiler

Arel was a prototype high mobility defensive warframe from the early days of the Tenno. It had limited numbers as it was produced from a member of one of the old faiths, specifically those whose mission it was to protect and deliver salvation to citizens of Eris and the other outer bodies from the infestation. These vigilant souls were often the only members of the empire that were willing to orchestrate and conduct the humanitarian efforts of the outer bodies, as the Orokin and the Tenno's attention were fixed on Old War activities. Swiftly providing protection and comfort for their allies and the innocent and holding danger at bay was their mission and it is continued through the Arel design.

Description:

Spoiler

The frame is a prototypical Anglo-Saxon angelic warrior, using design aspects reminiscent of 14th century European (specifically French) armors and weapons, and the variations on the more contemporary modern warrior Seraph angel aesthetic, seen most often in fantasy settings like Magic the Gathering. The knight aspects should be the dominant features, having the angel aspects be more of something that emerged out of the knight components.

As a female frame, it also seems apt to pay homage to Joan of Arc, being both a fit and strong, but with minimal emphasis on feminine curves and body structure, in favor of combat practically. I envision the frame uses its Seraph wings to emulate body armor along the sides of its abdomen, having reinforced shielding, and in my idea, a bubble shield when the wings are extended. The wings are important to the design, since the Seraph were meant to have many as a sign of warning, and that they were protecting something. The "wings" are also more akin to slender extra limbs that are equipped with many plasma shield/ hologram emitters. The "feathers" are composed of small hexagons, or some other geometric 2D shape barrier that float very close to the surface of the armor. The regions are  the primary and secondary energy color textures that will only be seen on the "wings" that are wrapped around Arel's torso, while Arel has her wings fully extended. The panels are less transparent than typical energy shields on Nullifiers, but a player should still be able to see the sides of Arel's abdomen through her wings while they are around her waist. It would be neat to also have the “wings” serve as part of the visual cue that certain channeling abilities are active.

The frames function would center around moving into a spot and deflecting and preventing damage from many sources as possible to the player and their allies. My original design has more straight damage blocking, where the attack or projectile is dealt to something other than the players, wasting all the damage that would have hit them with lots of small, low hp barriers. I also wanted a field that would reduce the propagation range of enemy AoE attacks....but that may be asking too much.

Here are some example images of the theme concept I have drawn, though I am sure the execution would have to be different:

Spoiler

Image 1:

Spoiler

IMG_20200301_152827_948.jpg?width=903&height=678

Image 2:

Spoiler

IMG_20200301_152827_945.jpg?width=903&height=678

Image 3:

Spoiler

IMG_20200105_132337_567.jpg?width=542&height=677

Thank you for reviewing the submission.

A warframe that’s male or female, that has a baldur and/or senua look to them, sorta Viking/demon and rune style (with bad*** hair/helmet) That can use a spell or curse to make enemies that look at them kill themselves giving the warframe a buff for the squad or anything useful, that can eventually lead into a defense barrier that looks like a sacrifice (with some candles, flowers and sh*t) maybe can be put on another enemy, that makes enemies nearby guard the spot/enemy, but not look at the warframe since they’re afraid of them, killing their own to eventually turn on themselves once seen by the warframe, leaving behind an advantage of some sort or something useful (or higher rare loot drops hehe) as a gift for the sacrifice  (kind of dark but hey, it’s rated M) so all in all, a cool looking warframe that’s any gender that looks Viking /demon with cool hair with a Medusa/devil vibe lol 

29 minutes ago, The_Horn said:

Well apparently my idea was removed from the post although it was posted between MrGrimm150 and (PS4) ShaggyisCool. So are ideas removed from the thread if DE don't like them?

For reference, I posted the idea of using the myths like Dracula, Frankenstein and Werewolf with the name of Deimos.

They mentioned original ideas and non-repetitive or similar/same themes. I saw a werewolf theme posted like 20 times. Whatever yours was, it was probably either the same or similar to one posted before you, or they believe it was not original. 

The cumulative
A war armor that accumulates damage from all weapons it holds
Such as:
Skill: one-tenth of the damage (not counted as critical hits) of each missed enemy attack is stored, and all accumulated damage is released upon hitting the enemy, which overtakes the enemy's resistance and invincibility Settings
Ability strength mod can increase the damage storage ratio

I'm thinking something like a phantom blade samurai who uses the souls he takes.

1st ability: a dash through enemies with your phantom blade that calls the souls of fallen enemies to tear apart any in your path  (something like ash 4 and maybe start off with one extra hit after dash and add one more per ability level)

2nd ability: sheath your blade and draw it faster than the eyes can see for damage in a cone in front of you (Maybe give it the ability to charge for extra range and damage) and store the souls of your enemies in you sheath

3rd ability: command the souls stored in your sheath to protect you granting damage reduction based on the number of souls in your sheath

4th ability: calls upon the souls of your enemies to drag their former comrades to hell with them. Enemies are cc'd and take damage from the phantoms clawing at them. Uses all soul stored but any enemies killed are added back to the pool along with the soul that killed them.(the more enemies hit the less damage it does. Hold to focus one enemy for big damage or tap to make it an aoe)

Passive: Kills with melee or abilities steal the souls of your enemies. Souls in your blade give a damage boost to melee and abilities of 1% each (max 15) While souls in your sheath give armor boost of 1% each (max 50) (Once your sheath is full keep the damage boost after using your 2)

Im definitely open to suggestions on improvement. So let me know what you guys think.......... Just noticed it said theyre not considering abilities but i just spent 30 minutes thinking this up and tweaking it so here it is. Lol

A frame designed around empowering the operator.

Damage dealt is stored, operator consumed stored damage to deal increased damage.

Link to suggestion thread on reddit: [link]

People have been really liking the suggestion, it's something i've been thinking about for more than 2 years and i'd love to see it being considered. ❤️

Archived